' SEAN MORRISON AND HAL ROBSON-KANU '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

By Chris Wathan

Wednesday 22nd March 2017

Cardiff City captain Sean Morrison has revealed a brilliant dressing room story that proved you should not mess with Wales star Hal Robson-Kanu.

The pair player together at Swindon in 2009 as the club finished 15th in League One - just four places above the relegation zone.

And current Cardiff skipper Morrison has given the full details of a tense encounter that occurred between Wales ace Robson-Kanu and Kevin Amankwaah during his stint with the club.

"Kevin Amankwaah, who I was with at Swindon, and Hal Robson-Kanu, who was on loan from Reading at the time, were two pretty big guys," the Cardiff captain told Mail Online .

"They were trying to see who was the Alpha male, pushing each other with their shoulders and it was getting a little bit serious.

"Then out of nowhere Hal flipped Kevin over his shoulder and through a table. Kev thought he was the big strongman in the team and some young 19-year-old came in and boshed him on to the floor through a table. The whole changing room erupted. It was like we had won the World Cup.

"Imagine 20 full-grown men going mad because some young lad had just thrown the big dog on the floor. Kev took it really well to be fair. He was a good guy, one of the more experienced lads and he thought it was hilarious."

Morrison left Swindon in 2011 via a loan spell with Southend and had spells with Huddersfield and Reading before joining Cardiff in the 2014 summer transfer window.

The centre-back has made more than 100 appearances in all competitions for the Bluebirds and has become a mainstay in defence - earning him the captain's armband on a permanent basis earlier this season under former boss Paul Trollope.

But it hasn't all been a happy rise for the 26-year-old defender who revealed an incident during his loan spell with Southend as his most embarrassing moment as a professional footballer.

"I went on loan to Southend when I was 18," added Morrison.

"It happened really quickly. Danny Wilson, the Swindon manager, wanted me to go and get a few games on a month’s loan for a couple of months.

"Southend were in League One as well so it was a good opportunity. I got a call on the Thursday night to say: ‘Southend have got Yeovil away on Saturday, so they will pick you up at the Swindon services on the M4 on Friday.’

"I got on the bus having not met any of these people before, including the manager. I just sat down. I was only 18 and absolutely bricking myself.

"The boys were lovely, I went to the hotel, did my initiation song that night, played against Yeovil on the Saturday and got sent off after 31 minutes (Southend lost 1-0 in November 2009). I had to sit in the changing room, wait for the boys to come back in and then they dropped me off at the M4 Swindon services on the way home.

"It was one of the worst 24, 36 hours of my life. I was so embarrassed. I remember ringing my mum in the changing room. I literally rang her as soon as I got sent off saying: ‘What have I done? I’ve just been sent off for Southend on my debut and I haven’t even known these guys for 24 hours?’

"Luckily it was only a one-game ban and I managed to stay there for a couple of months, play a few games and redeem myself, but at the time it was horrible."
Attachments
MorrisonHRK.jpg
MorrisonHRK.jpg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 3173 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' SEAN MORRISON AND HAL ROBSON-KANU '

Postby davids » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Surely his most embarrassing moment is having his picture taken whilst having a shit in the middle of the street?
davids

Re: ' SEAN MORRISON AND HAL ROBSON-KANU '

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Haha when and where did he do that!
Blue_Barber

Return to General Chat