BREAKING:NOW NINE PEOPLE IN CUSTODY & ONE RELEASED ON BAIL

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING "EIGHT ARRESTED / SIX RAIDS AFTER LONDON ATTACK

Postby Trigger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Some of the posts on this are lunacy -

1- deporting the muslims making it harder for muslims to migrate here?! Wtf is that other than race hate, the UK isn't solely a one faith country, that's exactly what extremism is, they want an x nation of x faith by holding such an an opinion aren't you as much an extremist as someone of a for example Muslim extremist, has it not occurred to you that extremism comes in all sorts of shapes forms and colours as suppose to religion?
NDL - extremism that want a solely white nation irrelevant to your faith.
IRA - extremism that's holds a sect of Christian faith and government rule
ISIS - extremism that's wanting a solely archaic view of Islamic faith to be apart of the lands they consider there own, while killing the true believers and trying to scare western and modern day communities in avoiding there people
Nazis - looking for a total world dominant super Christian religion
Crusades - looking to by force spread the word and force the religion of Christianity on a community

The narrow mindedness of people is what gets me, these people don't do it in the name of faith they are truly messed up individuals who can't be educated how do you beat that?!

Good post.

I fear that things are only going to get worse for some time and, whilst I am far from a technophobe, the thing that is going to accelerate our freefall into hell is social media.

It tends to reinforce prejudices and viewpoints in an unbalanced and unchallenged way and only pushes opinions out to the extremes of right, left and extremism of all sorts. We only have to look at this thread to see the effects of this. People feel that their own world view is normal, the only valid one, and to hell with everyone else.

I really fear for this country. Not from external forces, but our own idiots.
Trigger

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Jock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:56 pm

1- deporting the muslims making it harder for muslims to migrate here?! Wtf is that other than race hate, the UK isn't solely a one faith country, that's exactly what extremism is, they want an x nation of x faith by holding such an an opinion aren't you as much an extremist as someone of a for example Muslim extremist, has it not occurred to you that extremism comes in all sorts of shapes forms and colours as suppose to religion?
ISIS - extremism that's wanting a solely archaic view of Islamic faith to be apart of the lands they consider there own, while killing the true believers and trying to scare western and modern day communities in avoiding there people
Crusades - looking to by force spread the word and force the religion of Christianity on a community

The narrow mindedness of people is what gets me, these people don't do it in the name of faith they are truly messed up individuals who can't be educated how do you beat that?!

The IRA may have taken support from the Catholic population but it was never truly a religious war. ISIS are very different their who ethos is based on Koranic teaching, they have more n common with the Nazi super race mentality than the Provos.
Jock

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Jock wrote:

The IRA may have taken support from the Catholic population but it was never truly a religious war. ISIS are very different their who ethos is based on Koranic teaching, they have more n common with the Nazi super race mentality than the Provos.

That's just not true, there is nothing in Koran that tells a Muslim to go an kill anyone who doesn't believe in their faith, that's the narrow mindedness in a nutshell.
Blue_Barber

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Not only that but even if they did interpret a message in a hateful way you could say that there are people doing exactly the same in all religions - the truth of the matter is saying it's in the name of is just a mask to give itself some sort of weight, look at Tibet and the Zionistic brutality there - you can't because you don't think you can relate to it - your media brain washed- when if you simply looked you could identify with the issue so easier- extremism isn't a religion
Blue_Barber

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm

When will people realise you cannot deport people who are born here. There is nowhere for them to be deported too. I think anyone who is convicted of inciting religious hatred should be sectioned under the mental health act and put in Broadmoor for life.
Bluebird since 1948

Postby Jock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
Jock wrote:

That's just not true, there is nothing in Koran that tells a Muslim to go an kill anyone who doesn't believe in their faith, that's the narrow mindedness in a nutshell.

Koran 8:12 I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, therefore strike off their heads
9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them
9:73 Prophet make war on the unbelievers
5:51 take neither Jews of Christians as friends.
I could go on talking about Jizya etc but what's the point.
Jock

Postby Trigger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Jock wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:
Jock wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:

Koran 8:12 I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, therefore strike off their heads

And the Holy Bible DOESN'T have such blood curdling exhortations?

What about Exodus 35?

"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death."

Before we start throwing stones let's get some perspective, shall we?
Trigger

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 pm

And where are the extracts from other religious books / do you think every Muslim in a world of billions actually takes note of that - mate your small minded and afraid of something your clearly unable to understand
Blue_Barber

Postby Jock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:And where are the extracts from other religious books / do you think every Muslim in a world of billions actually takes note of that - mate your small minded and afraid of something your clearly unable to understand

You said there is nothing in the Koran that advocates killing non believers, I simply provided eveidence your wrong.
I'm aware of mental stuff in the Bible I was brought up in the Church of Scotland but I gave it a bodyswerve decades ago and suppose im a secularist now. Comparisons with the bible are spurious, the last guy executed for blasphemy in Britian was in 1698
It's still going on in Muslim countries today. I don't think all 1.6b Muslims adhere strictly to all Koranic teaching but too many do. If my opinions make me small minded so be it, we can't all be as clever as yourself.
Jock

Postby Jules » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Trigger wrote:
Jock wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:
Jock wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:

What about Exodus 35?

"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death."

never mind throwing the stones, you made a statement, Jock answered with some facts which it seems you don't like, no one mentioned the Bible but hey don't let the facts get in the way of your version.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Trigger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:16 pm

never mind throwing the stones, you made a statement, Jock answered with some facts which it seems you don't like, no one mentioned the Bible but hey don't let the facts get in the way of your version.

But I didn't make a statement, did I Jules?

I only called for some perspective.
Trigger

Postby frazier » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Christianity went through a reformation which left the dark age stuff behind, islam needs a reformation now to drag it into the modern world.
frazier

Postby since64 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Trigger wrote:
Jock wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:
Jock wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:

What about Exodus 35?

Yes but nobody I've ever
Can you imagine the carnage outside B and Q if Christians took that verse literally :lol:
since64

Postby Jock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:16 pm

frazier wrote:Christianity went through a reformation which left the dark age stuff behind, islam needs a reformation now to drag it into the modern world.

That's the nub of it right there, Reformation and enlightenment, till that happens too many Muslims will continue to get their Worldview from the teachings of a 1400 year old book. As unpalatable as that might be, that's the truth.
Jock

Postby AfanBluebird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:18 pm

"You're imaginary friend in the sky is not as good as my imarginary friend in the sky". :roll:

Every religion has its bad eggs, every country has its bad eggs.

Sadly the only winners from yesterday are the Extreme right wing groups such as EDL, BNP & Britian First who have just plastered Facebook And twitter with Anti-Muslim messages. I know many on this board support these groups, (seen a tommy Robinson post in this thread). Turns my stomach seeing such groups pray on a terrorist attack to spread their hate, rather than donate money and offer to help victims families, in which the Churches and Mosques have done (check further back in the thread for my post).
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.’
Bill Shankly
AfanBluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:32 pm

London attack: Khalid Masood identified as killer

BBC

Update

23/03/17

The man believed to have carried out the terror attack in Westminster has been named by police as Khalid Masood.

Kent-born Masood, who was shot dead by police, had not been the subject of any current police investigations, but had a range of previous convictions.

The 52-year-old was believed to have been living in the West Midlands.

The so-called Islamic State group has said it was behind the attack, in which PC Keith Palmer, Aysha Frade and US tourist Kurt Cochran were killed.

Three women and five men were arrested in London and Birmingham on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts following Wednesday's attack.

A woman aged 39 was arrested in east London
A 21-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man were arrested in Birmingham
A 26-year-old woman and three men aged 28, 27 and 26 were arrested at another address in Birmingham
A man aged 58 was arrested at an address in Birmingham

The Met Police says detectives are continuing to search a number of addresses, including one in Carmarthenshire, three in Birmingham and one in east London. Addresses in Brighton and south-east London have also been searched.

'We will defeat them'

Home Secretary Amber Rudd told those gathered for a candlelit vigil in London's Trafalgar Square on Thursday evening that terrorists "will not win".

"We are all connected and today we showed that by coming together, by going to work, by getting about our normal business, because the terrorists will not defeat us. We will defeat them," she said.

Masood drove into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge before crashing his car into railings and then running into the grounds of Parliament, armed with a knife.

He stabbed PC Palmer before being shot dead.

Khalid Masood was shot at the scene of the Westminster attack
Attachments
_95291818_mediaitem95289791.jpg
_95291818_mediaitem95289791.jpg (56.28 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:"You're imaginary friend in the sky is not as good as my imarginary friend in the sky". :roll:

Sadly the only winners from yesterday are the Extreme right wing groups such as EDL, BNP & Britian First who have just plastered Facebook And twitter with Anti-Muslim messages. I know many on this board support these groups, (seen a tommy Robinson post in this thread). Turns my stomach seeing such groups pray on a terrorist attack to spread their hate, rather than donate money and offer to help victims families, in which the Churches and Mosques have done (check further back in the thread for my post).

Instead of doing the typical lefty thing and trying to associate those who see thing differently from yourself with Facist Groups try debating the issue. Google Tommy Robinsons Speech to the Oxford Union and his interview with Sikh Radio ,then tell me where he's wrong. The days of stifling debate by squealing Nazi, racist or Facist are gone mate, it's time for Real Politick and open, honest, pragmatic discussion. Starting point is banning the this has nothing to do with Islam lunacy.
Jock

Postby murphy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Jock wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:"You're imaginary friend in the sky is not as good as my imarginary friend in the sky". :roll:

Instead of doing the typical lefty thing and trying to associate those who see thing differently from yourself with Facist Groups try debating the issue. Google Tommy Robinsons Speech to the Oxford Union and his interview with Sikh Radio ,then tell me where he's wrong. The days of stifling debate by squealing Nazi, racist or Facist are gone mate, it's time for Real Politick and open, honest, pragmatic discussion. Starting point is banning the this has nothing to do with Islam lunacy.

Well said. These lefties seem to think just be nice in the aftermath of a terror attack and there won't be no more. With the Muslim population due to grow due thanks to continued migration and them breeding like rabbits, the future of Great Britain is going to be a very violent and unpleasant place. With or without the so called far right groups.
murphy

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:24 pm

murphy wrote:
Jock wrote:

Well said. These lefties seem to think just be nice in the aftermath of a terror attack and there won't be no more. With the Muslim population due to grow due thanks to continued migration and them breeding like rabbits, the future of Great Britain is going to be a very violent and unpleasant place. With or without the so called far right groups.

Im probably what you call a lefty but I am under no illusion that there are elements of the Quran that is being used to fuel and mobalise terrorism and hate and despicable acts. Sadly this won't be the last terrorist act on British soil and I am all for weeding out and getting rid of people who want to damage our country and peace.

That said, lets broaden the debate a little.

Having traveled and lived in country's that have a large portion of Muslims, of all various strands, I never feel, have heard or witnessed the level of hate towards the west that we see in these terrorists who commit crimes. The country I am living in had one attack in 2010 where people died but that was more to do with the country support military efforts against South Sudan.

I live and work among Muslims and, according to global reports the countries I work in do not produce extremists. Plus lets me honest the Muslim population in the UK are overwhelmingly against these attacks... look at the amazing response, togetherness and even money raised by Muslim communities over the last 36 hours.

So it's complex and not just about Muslims is it? Look at 1950's and 60' America... Preachers in Pentecostal and Baptist churches preaching that black people didn't have souls so it wasn't murder when lynchings took place. Imagine if Social media and access to dirty bomb making and the ability to radicalise online had been around then! I think it's the same kind of thing.

We do need to address extremism but a part of that is getting to understand why people like Khalid, who seems a very vile and aggressive man anyway, are compelled to become extremists and commit these crimes. It's a bit naive to blame it on the Quran when so many people who identify themselves as Muslims love peacefully.

Getting to the root of why people become extremists is critical and I don't think we have ever really nailed that, but what we can't do is let right wing groups take the moral high ground and use events like this to mobalise more hate against Muslims.
AfricanBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:02 pm

House in West Wales being searched tonight.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Yasser in Cardiff » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:26 am

Jock wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:
Jock wrote:

Same thing whenever there is an outrage committed by a so-called Muslim we get the usual LIES and quotes out of context. Jock appears to be EDL/NF influenced and he uses their posts - they always repeat the same few lies and even then they don't quote the FULL verse just the bit they can use to spread their hate.... in the age of Trump and "alternative" facts ande in the age where any half wit can write what they want I guess we have to live with it, but for the fair minded, decent ones amongst you the above is all BULLSHIT.

He could have quoted absolutely anything and said its the Quran and he knows full well that on a football blog/website no one will care or know any better........might as well start talking about brain surgery.

"9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them" - the full explanation is here, https://discover-the-truth.com/2014/03/ ... ord-verse/

NB the link above includes quotes by TWO AMERICAN NON_MUSLIM PROFESSORS who have STUDIED Islam, i.e. they have knowledge of Islam read what they say - look at the difference between what people of knowledge (non-Muslim Americans) say compared to the ignorant, hate filled riff raff of the EDL/BF/NF.

"Koran 8:12 I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, therefore strike off their heads" - the full explanation is here https://discover-the-truth.com/2014/09/ ... eir-heads/

I don't have time to do all the verses but if you really want to know then go to Muslims (OF KNOWLEDGE) or go to Muslim websites .... do NOT learn about Islam from footie websites or from EDL/NF websites as they are extremely biased and hate filled and will not give you the full story or quote. There thousands of verses in the Quran which are about charity, kindness, helping neighbours and others but of course these are not viewed. There are verses of war but these have to be seen in context and the full verses need to be seen (not a part of it) and in what context they were revealed. The Quran was revealed over 23 years and is very long, it's not a short pamphlet.

Read the Holy Quarn YOURSELVES, all of it and find out why so many people are converting to this magnificent religion of Islam. What are you afraid of?

Finally I just want to add that ALL the Muslims I know and speak to are just as furious and angry about this cowardly attack as the rest of the wider UK population, it's designed to spread communal hatred, Daesh are NOT Islam, 99% of daesh's worldwide victims are MUSLIMS. If you actually read the majority of these attacks are perpetrated by "muslims" who are druggies, drunkards, womanisers, criminals and thugs who's lifestyle is far, far removed from that of a "good" Muslim, they're obviously being easily manipulated because of their ignorance (and stupidity?). Anyway I view this blog to catch up on the city and not to take part in one-sided debates with the same tired arguments so I thought I'd quickly give a Muslim perspective as it's constantly been on the news for the last 48 hours.
Yasser in Cardiff

Postby Woodville Willie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:59 am

I like to think that the law in the UK is balanced between justice and mercy.

It is difficult to see the justice in anything related to this atrocity other than the death of the perpetrator.

However, that in no way constitutes a measure of balance for the families and loved ones of the victims.

Difficult times my friends. Difficult times.
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Re: BREAKING THE ATTACKERS REAL NAME/PLUS ANOTHER PERSON DIE

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:40 am

BREAKING THE ATTACKERS REAL NAME/PLUS ANOTHER PERSON DIES

8 people are currently under arrest

BBC

24/03/17

The attackers birth name was Adrian Elms and he had changed his name to Khalid Masood.

A fifth person died last night including the attacker.

The attacker was known to the police for 20 years,but never convicted for terrorism.

BREAKING "EIGHT ARRESTED / SIX RAIDS AFTER LONDON ATTACK"

The attacker below/later died
Attachments
_95291818_mediaitem95289791.jpg
_95291818_mediaitem95289791.jpg (56.28 KiB) Viewed 2165 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jules » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:41 am

Welsh Baptist, me but over the years have become so disillusioned with religion.

Sectarian violence, Starvation, Murders, Terrorism, Food banks, Soup kitchens and I haven't got out of UK yet.

As a friend of mine once said " It's not the world we live in is fucked up, It's the occupants of it "
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Jock » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 am

Yesser.
I have always despised the NF and the BNP, the EDL started off as a very broad church drawing support from Jewish, Sikh, Hindu, secular and even Gay groups, I supported their ideals of no more mosques because I believe Islamic influence is a negative in our free thinking secular society. The EDL was quickly overan with Neo Facist nutters and have nothing positive to contribute to any of this. I don't believe in any invisible friend but have no problem with other people who do ,till it impacts on the life of me and mine we have long since passed that stage, halal food in our schools and shops, talk of rescheduling exams to take Ramadan into account and children being brainwashed in Saudi funded Wahhabi Madrassas. Is the link you provide the one ISIS, AlQeda, Boko Haram and Al Shbab get their interpretation of the Koran from? As I've said it's time for open honest debate and pretending these attacks have nothing to do with Islam is bollox. the mayor of London who stood before the cameras denouncing this latest attack has previously called moderate Muslims Uncle Toms and shared a platform with some very dodgy Islamists. Finally what does the Koran say about Jizya.
Jock

Postby AfricanBluebird » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:14 am

Yasser. This isn't about Islam or the Holy Quran though is it? We can debate all day the context of the text but most people don't care. The scriptures are being used to justify terrorist activities... Of that there is no doubt.

What this is about is extremists and the ability of those extremists to radicalise people online. We know the work that Muslim communities and Mosques do to promote peace and eradicate hate speech. But that doesn't stop people being radicalised online and linking with other radicals.

We have not got a strategy to stop that. Of course excluding people from the country won't help when extremists have a link directly into peoples living room.

What we must not do though is to credit Islam these terrorists activities... That plays into the hands of the extremists who want a holy war and the right wing hate groups that use situations like this to promote division and its right wing agenda.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 am

Sky News

24/03/17

From Birmingham alone, 39 Terrorists have come from there in the last few years

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: BREAKING:NOW NINE PEOPLE IN CUSTODY & ONE RELEASED ON BA

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:59 am

NOW NINE PEOPLE IN CUSTODY & ONE FEMALE RELEASED ON BAIL

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby murphy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:House in West Wales being searched tonight.

According to some media it was the terrorists mothers house somewhere in Carmarthenshire. She's white, his father was black and he converted to Islam.
murphy

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:34 pm

murphy wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:House in West Wales being searched tonight.

According to some media it was the terrorists mothers house somewhere in Carmarthenshire. She's white, his father was black and he converted to Islam.

Where she lives is so remote could hide an army there! But she had nothing to do with anything according to reports
pembroke allan

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat