Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnocks Wife & Why Neil Warnock '

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:39 pm

MASSIVE TOMORROW TO SHOW NEIL WARNOCK HOW PASSIONATE CITY FANS ARE / ALL FOUR SIDES OF THE STADIUM SING HIS NAME AGAIN :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

At least 20,000 plus as the Cardiff City really are going forward :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City's fans have reminded boss Neil Warnock exactly why he fell in love with football

By Chris Wathan

Friday 24th February 2017

Warnock:
“My wife is coming to the Fulham game and she really enjoys it.

Neil Warnock has revealed how Cardiff City have reminded him why he first fell in love with football – and says seeing flashbacks of his upbringing among the Bluebirds faithful is why he’s again ready to shelve retirement plans.

Warnock, 68, had said last summer he was only looking for one more season in the game after more than half a lifetime in the dugout.

Yet the veteran spoke with the excitement of a rookie when he confirmed he has agreed to extend his stay in South Wales after a stunning first four months in charge.

He would not completely rule out staying on longer, though his desperation to give what he described as the best he’s got and make promotion a realistic goal next season was clear, knowing that he is not at an age where he can look too far into the future.

Warnock and the Cardiff fans have enjoyed a great relationship since his arrival at the club (Photo: Getty Images)
Yet it is his childhood past and the similarities he sees in the Cardiff support to his working-class Yorkshire roots that has seemingly hooked Warnock – and led to an all-smiling understanding with owner Vincent Tan about next term’s ambitions.

Aside from the incredible upturn in results that has seen Cardiff go from a relegation fight to midtable and the Championship’s form team, it is undeniably obvious that Warnock and the Bluebirds seem to fit hand in glove.

And asked why he thought that was the case, he said: “Because of the way I am and the way the fans are, the kind of club it is. It fits.

“You’ve got supporters who all work very hard to earn what they can and come to watch the side on the weekend and it reminds me of my Sheffield days.

“My dad was in the steelworks. He was a crane driver. My mother had Multiple Sclerosis so he’d work 16 hour shifts, but then we’d still go and watch Sheffield United. It was the start of my life in football. Through the years I’ve enjoyed a lot of successes but it’s about making people smile.

“I think the humour is important and I think the relationship I’ve got with the fans is excellent. That relationship, the liaison between owners, directors, management, fans, players that’s what you need and you all want to be together and have that unity and I think I can help close that gap even more and have us all together, to have that unity and everyone enjoying it. I want to get Vincent to a game and for him to enjoy coming.

“My wife is coming to the Fulham game and she really enjoys it. It’s a very lonely place sometimes being a football manager. But the one thing I can honestly say since I’ve been at Cardiff is that I’ve never been lonely. I’ve had so much support.

“I don’t think I’ve felt as excited for many years because everything’s in place and I can sense that excitement in others.

“And that’s great because there’s that much depression around the world – look at the news and everything’s doom and gloom. I like putting smiles on people’s faces. Let’s continue it and get on the rollercoaster.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Neil Warnocks Wife & Why Neil Warnock '

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Lets give Sharon a big welcome :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:06 pm

There's only one Sharon Warnock.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:11 pm

He wants to put the smiles back on our faces.

Especially those from up the valleys!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:20 pm

It's another fantastic message from Warnock, sadly there'll be only about 12 thousand actually there, but the man is brilliant.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:It's another fantastic message from Warnock, sadly there'll be only about 12 thousand actually there, but the man is brilliant.

Maybe only 12k tomorrow, but the 1st home game in August will see around double that!

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:44 pm

The Cobra wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:It's another fantastic message from Warnock, sadly there'll be only about 12 thousand actually there, but the man is brilliant.

Maybe only 12k tomorrow, but the 1st home game in August will see around double that!

Let's hope. Start with a bang.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:20 am

GBHostmaster wrote:Lets give Sharon a big welcome :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

How about singing here's to you Mrs warnock Cardiff loves you more than you will know

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:34 am

The Cobra wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised, let's hope so.