Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEWS " NEIL WARNOCK IS STAYING / CARDIFF CITY "

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

BREAKING NEWS " NEIL WARNOCK STAYING AT CARDIFF CITY "

BREAKING Neil Warnock confirms that he will be #Bluebirds manager next season following positive talks. :thumbright: :thumbright:

:ayatollah:

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has put an end to speculation surrounding his Bluebirds' future by agreeing a new deal to stay in charge next season.

Warnock revealed the news at his pre-match Press conference on Friday morning ahead of the Bluebirds' crunch Championship clash with Fulham this weekend.

He has still to put pen to paper on the contract, but is expected to do so in the next 48 hours. Warnock is happy with assurances given by the Cardiff hierarchy about backing him with funds in the summer transfer window.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING NEWS " NEIL WARNOCK STAYING AT CARDIFF CITY "

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:44 am

Great news! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 am

Brillant news, he much now be fully backed :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am

I'm a happy f*cking chappie now! :thumbup:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:47 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ON TWITTER:

BREAKING Neil Warnock confirms that he will be #Bluebirds manager next season following positive talks. More to follow. #CityAsOne

:ayatollah:

That's what we want to hear Brilliant :thumbright: :bluebird:

Now the crowds need to return :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 am

Great news, well done tan and cardiff city

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:55 am

Best news I've heard in months!

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:56 am

Brilliant news

Re: BREAKING NEWS " NEIL WARNOCK / CARDIFF CITY "

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:02 am

Neil Warnock gives Cardiff City fans a massive boost by agreeing new contract for next season

Neil Warnock agrees new deal with Cardiff City

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has put an end to speculation surrounding his Bluebirds' future by agreeing a new deal to stay in charge next season.

Warnock revealed the news at his pre-match Press conference on Friday morning ahead of the Bluebirds' crunch Championship clash with Fulham this weekend.

He has still to put pen to paper on the contract, but is expected to do so in the next 48 hours. Warnock is happy with assurances given by the Cardiff hierarchy about backing him with funds in the summer transfer window.

Warnock's pledge to see the job through comes as a massive boost to Cardiff fans who feared their hugely popular manager could leave in the close season. He says their staunch support since he joined the club played a part in helping him make up his mind.

Bluebirds chairman Mehmet Dalman acted swiftly to ensure Warnock stays at the helm by giving him the green light to go after the players he wants for the 2017-18 campaign.

Warnock also hinted he may even stay beyond that, meaning he could be at the Cardiff helm for another two years at least.

Warnock, 68, had previously hinted he needed financial support for new players from Vincent Tan in order to have a proper crack at getting into the Premier League next season. He didn't see the point of hanging around at his age if the Bluebirds' hierarchy did not share his dream of clinching a record-breaking eighth promotion as a manager.

"We're desperate to do well, we each want the same thing. There are no guarantees - just look at Claudio Ranieri. But my objective is to be as popular here in 12 months' time as I am at the moment.

"The contract was never in doubt, I just didn't want to come for the wrong reasons. Vincent and Mehmet have been nothing but supportive from the start.

"We've had to show them what we can do. It’s a trust thing between manager and owner, we each want the same thing. As I say nothing is guaranteed, but with their support we can give it a good try.

"We’ll be up against a lot of clubs with a lot of money. But it’s easy for a manager to commit to a club when the fans want you.

"If the scenario was different, who knows? But if the fans want me it'll mean I'm doing a good job. We’ll just have a go next season and see where we are after that."

Talking up Dalman and the Cardiff hierarchy, Warnock went on: "They couldn’t have done it any quicker. I expected it to be done in the next three or four weeks, but there was not a lot to sort out.

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock is staying (Photo: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
"We wanted to stay, they wanted us to stay, we wanted an opportunity to do well next season, they’ve given us that.

"We want to put the club in a position next season to have a go. We’ll be up against big budgets (from other clubs) so we’ll have to be good at what we do to give us a chance.

"The players have been on board and super for me. I don’t think they realised how well they could perform as a unit and if we can bring a bit more quality in that squad everyone can benefit."

Addressing the need for the club to stay within Financial Fair Play rules, Warnock said: "I've got to do my bit as well. I have to try and help the club with the wage structure at the end of the season.

"I will have to do some juggling, but we feel it’s possible. It’s not unreasonable or unrealistic to put the club in a position to have a go. Nobody knows what’s around the corner but we’ve shown we can compete with anybody and that’s what we have to do next year."

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:02 am

I said we had no chance of a top 6 finish at the start of this season. With Warnock here and a bit of backing, I think we have a genuine chance of at least a play off place next season, and possibly even better. This team is not far from being a good side right now, a little bit more strength in key areas and who knows what may be possible.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:13 am

Great news for all at Cardiff City and well done to everyone who put the deal together.Come on Bloobirds get down there tomorrow and show your support for a Cardiff City.
Right then Lets get to the bookies and find out some odds for next season.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:18 am

I've had some awful news today about the passing of my Aunt however this news has made me smile a little, thank you Neil and the board :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:22 am

I've just watched the Junior Hoilett Cardiff City Player interview, he's saying his deal to stay on beyond this season is all but done as well. It's turning into a good day. :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:24 am

norms76 wrote:I've just watched the Junior Hoilett Cardiff City Player interview, he's saying his deal to stay on beyond this season is all but done as well. It's turning into a good day. :bluescarf:

Norms Very good day & news,a quality player :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 am

Can't wish for more than that, great news. :bluebird:

Re: BREAKING NEWS " NEIL WARNOCK IS STAYING / CARDIFF CITY "

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:29 am

CARDIFF CITY CONFIRM MAJOR NEWS

Featured Image
Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has revealed that he will be the in charge of the club next season following positive talks with the owners.

The 68-year-old took charge of the South Wales side at the start of October following the dismissal of Paul Trollope as they sat inside the relegation zone.

Since moving to Cardiff City, Warnock has won 11 games, drawing four and losing eight in all competitions that has pulled them away from relegation trouble into 12th place.

There were fears that Warnock would just come in to restore Cardiff’s Championship status for next season as he did with Rotherham United last year, but he has confirmed that he will stay until at least the end of next season.

The Bluebirds are currently on a three game unbeaten streak and are just 13 points away from the top six.

They face Fulham at the Cardiff City stadium tomorrow afternoon and will be looking to continue their winning momentum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:31 am

Exactly what we wanted to hear

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 am

Just booked my fulham tickets

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 am

Best news since Trollope getting sacked :lol:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:43 am

blue lagoon wrote:Just booked my fulham tickets

Were they free ? :D :D

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:52 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Just booked my fulham tickets

Were they free ? :D :D

Fickle git !!!!!!

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:53 am

Fantastic news best signing this club has made for many a year keep up the good work Neil. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Just the news the city needed. Onwards and upwards.
:bluebird:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Fantastic news best signing this club has made for many a year keep up the good work Neil. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Must be nice for you to support a manager who knows what they're doing for a change rather than the last pair of chumps you've thrown your weight behind!

:thumbup:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:45 pm

davids wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Fantastic news best signing this club has made for many a year keep up the good work Neil. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Must be nice for you to support a manager who knows what they're doing for a change rather than the last pair of chumps you've thrown your weight behind!

I'll throw my weight behind any manager that comes here I think you've got to as a supporter. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:54 pm

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
davids wrote:

I'll throw my weight behind any manager that comes here I think you've got to as a supporter. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

To be fair you always have and I admire you for that and I agree with what you say but there has to come a time when that support becomes untenable, just like it did with Trollope.

If Trollope were still with us and we were bottom of the table it would be very difficult to be fully behind him wouldn't you agree?

I seem to remember a defeat at Leeds being a turning point in your whole-hearted backing for Mr Slade a while back! ;)

Let's hope we can all get right behind Warnock and his staff for a long time to come!

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 pm

davids wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
davids wrote:

To be fair you always have and I admire you for that and I agree with what you say but there has to come a time when that support becomes untenable, just like it did with Trollope.

If Trollope were still with us and we were bottom of the table it would be very difficult to be fully behind him wouldn't you agree?

I seem to remember a defeat at Leeds being a turning point in your whole-hearted backing for Mr Slade a while back! ;)

Let's hope we can all get right behind Warnock and his staff for a long time to come!

Yes of course we all want good results at the end of the day but always back any manger that comes in whatever he has done before until they lose an unacceptable amount of games like Trollope did and its now happening down at the Wurzels they were worshiping Lee Johnson now they want him out after losing 8 games in a row which our Neil started their downfall. :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:08 pm

It was obvious really, I was surprised how many people doubted it

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Wonderful news