' Latest News on Franco Zola '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

ZOLA BACKED BY BLUES OWNERS

20/02/17

Sky Sources understand Gianfranco Zola still has the full backing of the Birmingham City board, despite his record of just one win in his 14 games in charge.

Birmingham's new Chinese owner Paul Suen appointed Zola four months ago, after the shock sacking of Gary Rowett.

Saturday's 4-1 home defeat to QPR has raised more question marks about Zola's future, but it's understood Birmingham's bosses feel there were mitigating circumstances in that defeat, with six Blues players absent through injury or suspension.

SSNHQ has this morning been told there are no emergency talks planned, and Zola's future is not an issue Suen wants to discuss. Birmingham play Wolves in the West Midlands derby, live on Sky Sports on Friday night.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Latest News on Franco Zola '

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:18 pm

I guess they have to, don't they? :D

Birmingham City got rid of a perfectly good manager in order to bring in a 'name' and are currently paying the price! Sound familiar? ;)

I Was rooting for him (Zola) to get the Swansea job after Bob Bradley! :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluearmy1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Sven wrote:I guess they have to, don't they? :D

Birmingham City got rid of a perfectly good manager in order to bring in a 'name' and are currently paying the price! Sound familiar? ;)

I Was rooting for him (Zola) to get the Swansea job after Bob Bradley! :laughing6:

Nope doesn't sound familiar who else has done that?
Bluearmy1

Postby nubbsy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Bluearmy1 wrote:

They start with C and end with ardiff city
nubbsy

Postby Bluearmy1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Bluearmy1 wrote:

They start with C and end with ardiff city

We have never got rid of a manager just to bring in a name.
Bluearmy1

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:01 am

YOU REAL. trollope wasnt very good
dogfound

Postby Fergy1927 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:59 am

Sven wrote:Birmingham City got rid of a perfectly good manager in order to bring in a 'name' and are currently paying the price! Sound familiar? ;)

Starstruck foreign (and British) owners never seem to learn. Apart from Leicester who looked mad for sacking the John's dad and bringing in the Tinkerman. Usually it ends in disaster though.
Fergy1927

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:55 pm

dogfound wrote:

I was on about OGS, fella. Albeit they never sacked Malky for that reason, the only thing they looked at on his CV was "ex-Man Utd" ;)

Others worked that one out, so why couldn't you? :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Looking at it from the outside, they did a dirty on Gary Rowett. Zola hasn't come out if it looking too good. All the signs are that he knew about it, and was waiting in the wings. The excellent 'Football League Paper' did a write-up at the time, and reckon that Zola has well and truly lost his 'Mr Nice Guy' reputation. Would be interesting to hear what Blues fans make if it all.
llangainbluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I was on about OGS, fella. Albeit they never sacked Malky for that reason, the only thing they looked at on his CV was "ex-Man Utd" ;)

yes it turned out to be a mistake
but he was /is a well thought of coach by people that know a damn sight more than us mere fans.
dogfound

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:16 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes it turned out to be a mistake
but he was /is a well thought of coach by people that know a damn sight more than us mere fans.

So was Trollope, so your point is...?? :?
Sven

Return to General Chat