Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair season ticket price

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:46 am

150-200 Adult
50 u16

Re: Fair season ticket price

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:04 am

This was mentioned yesterday. Would be great if some fans representatives could promote this idea. Any chance, Keith (Since 62) or Vince?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 am

Our prices are fair I really don't understand some fans they want the club to spend money but don't want to pay a fair price,our prices at the moment are good compared to other championship clubs

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 am

If you the club can piss away 20,000 to 25,000 a week on injured or out of favour players. Then the club can share the good will

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:39 am

wez1927 wrote:Our prices are fair I really don't understand some fans they want the club to spend money but don't want to pay a fair price,our prices at the moment are good compared to other championship clubs

Wez your spot on,our prices are cheap and the crowds are 15k.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 am

theclaw wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Our prices are fair I really don't understand some fans they want the club to spend money but don't want to pay a fair price,our prices at the moment are good compared to other championship clubs

The club reduced the prices last year I think it's time for fans to stop moaning and just get behind the club

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 pm

I am more than happy with the £300.00 and i think about 50 or 6o quid for my two kids. for the children its amazing value.

What i might be tempted to bring back though is the free ticket for the under 9s with a season ticket holder as with the family stand offer extended all around the ground (A good thing) then that stand looks pretty sparse game time.

It definitely got my kids going at the start as my daughter has been a holder since 5 and boy since 3 and they are now 13 and 11. They only support Cardiff as they go so often and not swayed by the Utd/Liverpool supporting mates.

I know some used to whinge about the kids not turning up at night games etc, but even if they attend 17 out of 24 matches it is still bums on seats and extra support and the quicker you get in the young fans then they are more likely to stay city fans just like mine have. Think it might be worth a go this season to see if it works.

The other thing would be to choose a couple of schools a week and give free tickets to them for upper stand. We did it in my school last year and kids loved it with many returning for the odd game. As long as you rotate the schools in catchment won't matter. Don't know why they haven't done this this season.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:20 pm

blue lagoon wrote:If you the club can piss away 20,000 to 25,000 a week on injured or out of favour players. Then the club can share the good will

Everybody's budget and income is different. If your on 30000 year then 300 is cheap. If your on minium wage then its tge opposite

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:25 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:If you the club can piss away 20,000 to 25,000 a week on injured or out of favour players. Then the club can share the good will

Everybody's budget and income is different. If your on 30000 year then 300 is cheap. If your on minium wage then its tge opposite

Fans want the club to spend money and lower ST prices? £300 is just over £13 a game. We have the 5th cheapest ST in the division for adults. If we cut that to £150, we have to sell double (which we won't) to break even, and then we won't get a walk up crowd, so we lose money and therefore find it even harder to find money.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Norman146 wrote:I am more than happy with the £300.00 and i think about 50 or 6o quid for my two kids. for the children its amazing value.

What i might be tempted to bring back though is the free ticket for the under 9s with a season ticket holder as with the family stand offer extended all around the ground (A good thing) then that stand looks pretty sparse game time.

It definitely got my kids going at the start as my daughter has been a holder since 5 and boy since 3 and they are now 13 and 11. They only support Cardiff as they go so often and not swayed by the Utd/Liverpool supporting mates.

I know some used to whinge about the kids not turning up at night games etc, but even if they attend 17 out of 24 matches it is still bums on seats and extra support and the quicker you get in the young fans then they are more likely to stay city fans just like mine have. Think it might be worth a go this season to see if it works.

The other thing would be to choose a couple of schools a week and give free tickets to them for upper stand. We did it in my school last year and kids loved it with many returning for the odd game. As long as you rotate the schools in catchment won't matter. Don't know why they haven't done this this season.

Agree with this and with Blue Lagoons comments.

After my second daughter was born (2nd season in the championship) my Mrs gave up work and we were skint, well not well off enough for me to piss away £70~£80 every other Saturday (never had a season ticket at NP). During DJ's final season my eldest daughter school gave away free tickets for schools kids and a fiver for adults. I bought them, she loved it, I saw another way of watching city (one i can actually remember what happened) and i have never looked back.

We must fill that family stand.

My youngest had a season ticket for a tenner U9 she went for two season but stopped going half way through the premier league year, but when asked what team supports she will only ever say Cardiff city (and wears my eldests old shirts). We must subsidise those with young families, its hard...But in the long run you have fans for life.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 pm

petesmeat wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

Fans want the club to spend money and lower ST prices? £300 is just over £13 a game. We have the 5th cheapest ST in the division for adults. If we cut that to £150, we have to sell double (which we won't) to break even, and then we won't get a walk up crowd, so we lose money and therefore find it even harder to find money.

Exactly

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:11 pm

To help beat ffp we need to increase ST sales to get more income! Reducing by any amount below 30% will leave club worse off unless by a miracle we sell 24k ST good idea but not practical in bigger sceme of things! Best hope is NW stays that should see up turn in ST sales next season and more income. Fans think the simple solution is cutting ST price but it's far from a salution :old:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:45 pm

theclaw wrote:

You think the prices are fair because YOU can afford it, as it goes so can I but there is a bigger picture to look at here, If we went back up to the Premiership and the Club started charging £8-900 a season ticket and you couldn't afford it but plenty of others could and they turned round and said, tough shit, how would you feel?

South Wales is a poor area. Is it not better to make it affordable to the masses and get the place packed to the rafters following the Bradford/Huddersfield model than have it half full?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:

You think the prices are fair because YOU can afford it, as it goes so can I but there is a bigger picture to look at here, If we went back up to the Premiership and the Club started charging £8-900 a season ticket and you couldn't afford it but plenty of others could and they turned round and said, tough shit, how would you feel?

South Wales is a poor area. Is it not better to make it affordable to the masses and get the place packed to the rafters following the Bradford/Huddersfield model than have it half full?

Also need to take into account that not everyone will be buying one season ticket. If I renew it will be four, 2 adults 2 juniors, and with another one of my grandchildren showing interest may even be more again.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:

Also need to take into account that not everyone will be buying one season ticket. If I renew it will be four, 2 adults 2 juniors, and with another one of my grandchildren showing interest may even be more again.

Very good point Steve :thumbup:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:30 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:

Very good point Steve :thumbup:

We have a aprox 11k ST holders reduce price by half or greatly as suggested means need 22k to keep us where we are now ? Great for atmosphere and ok if in championship but doesn't help our income does it ? Our problem with ffp at moment is lack of income we need to boost all income streams over several years!

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:16 pm

£300 for adults, free for kids under 15's, students £100, OAP's £300.

Kids will always want merchandise .

I think Huddersfields fantastic deal included a new football top.

We need 18,000 season ticket holders minimum.
Last edited by Mr Ducie on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:£300 for adults, free for kids under 15's, students £100, OAP's £300.

I think Huddersfields fantastic deal included a few football top.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:£300 for adults, free for kids under 15's, students £100, OAP's £300.

If your on a disability or passported benefit, £200 adults

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

300 quid is very reasonable and if you reduce it to 200quid there will still be people that cant afford it.
if we want a decent team i think we ought to contibute to it and the 3 to 4 million we recieve through ST sales doesnt even cover the wages for the players signed last summers wages for the season..

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff, Your 100% right,get the kids in and Dads/Mums will have to spend on them at the Stadium :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff, Your 100% right,get the kids in and Dads/Mums will have to spend on them at the Stadium :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Annis are you referring to food outlets? Thought compass took majority of income from bars etc so wouldn't benefit club much?
Also as we know get big no show by kids for lots games
Last edited by pembroke allan on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:35 pm

It's clearly not just down to pure cost. Higher season tickets sales give the club a base line figure to work with, which I've alluded to previously.

Higher crowds make a better atmosphere, increased walk up , higher merchandise sales, busier at outlets in and around the stadium.

Surely local pubs and businesses can assist the club in some ways as they will benefit from increased revenue ?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis are you referring to food outlets? Thought compass took majority of income from bars etc so wouldn't benefit club much?

Trust you Allan :lol:

Allan, I am on about scarfs,new kits,badges, souvenirs, programmes.

The kids are our future and get them down there, then the parents have to go.

We can't afford to not have the kids going, the more the merrier :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thats how I started,I got a free ticket in 1972 from the players visiting my school, following season I was a season ticket holder.

Oh by the way,we do get some money from the food a % once so much is sold :thumbright:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We can't afford to not have the kids going, the more the merrier :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thats how I started,I got a free ticket in 1972 from the players visiting my school, following season I was a season ticket holder.

Oh by the way,we do get some money from the food a % once so much is sold :thumbright:

That's why asked question? But your right about merchandise but my concern is reducing ST prices to an extent that would be depremental to clubs income is not good. Even with better sales within outlets.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's why asked question? But your right about merchandise but my concern is reducing ST prices to an extent that would be depremental to clubs income is not good. Even with better sales within outlets.

Allan, I don't think the Adult prices need reducing anymore and even £50 for Under 16's is excellent and £99 for Under 21s.
Personally I feel Cardiff City did not and do not promote those prices enough and they should be in everyones faces in South Wales.

This forum did its bit and put it out/tweeted it and had over 8,000 views for it at the time, City need to get their act together regarding promoting their prices :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Annis, I agree, the club need to tap,into its massive fan base (area wise) holding open days at boys clubs throughout the region.

Tweeting info is fairy lazy and won't entice the new fan or returning supporter.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan, I don't think the Adult prices need reducing anymore and even £50 for Under 16's is excellent and £99 for Under 21s.
Personally I feel Cardiff City did not and do not promote those prices enough and they should be in everyones faces in South Wales.

This forum did its bit and put it out/tweeted it and had over 8,000 views for it at the time, City need to get their act together regarding promoting their prices :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will agree with you regarding promotional stuff the club seem to concentrate on ST holders when promoting things instead of going out into wider community? But let's hope club as seen the light and keep NW, interestingly on Sunday he pointed out the faults of how club was run and club was listening to him but will take time to change things.! Think the 23yr olds is point in question. :thumbup:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:19 pm

In fairness £300 ain't a bad price for one. But when you have to pay for yourself, mrs, 2 kids then all the cost of each matchday it mounts up to unaffordable