Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We will find out Tans ambition

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:18 am

Following the meeting between Neil and Dalman, considering we're one of the top 5 in form teams in the country it would be absolutely madness not to back Neil this summer and if they don't it will paint a very ugly picture for Tan & his cronies!

United in the cause for next seasons promotion push, Gotta to be done, we will be singing Neil's name for years to come.

Re: We will find out Tans ambition

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 am

Tans ambition is to make our club self funding,don't expect £6m but I think Warnock will be here next year.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:37 am

theclaw wrote:Tans ambition is to make our club self funding,don't expect £6m but I think Warnock will be here next year.

I agree ,warnock will be told to wheel and deal and he will and I fully expect him to be here next year

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:56 am

I'd be amazed if we get to hear any detail on what has been agreed.

We might get confirmation on Warnock staying but there is no way they will, or should, publicise what has been promised. Otherwise, the clubs we may be looking to buy players off will inflate their fees accordingly.

Warnock staying should be enough for us and then just let him, and the money men, get on with it.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:07 am

We know in advance that there is not much money to play with. Hopefully, if Tan allows all money raised from the sale of any players to be re-invested in the replacements that Warnock wants, that will be enough to keep him with us. Personally, I don't expect us to be splashing the cash (we have'nt really got any), keeping Warnock here for next season will be enough for me to renew season tickets. :occasion5:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:26 am

wez1927 wrote:
theclaw wrote:Tans ambition is to make our club self funding,don't expect £6m but I think Warnock will be here next year.

I agree ,warnock will be told to wheel and deal and he will and I fully expect him to be here next year

Wez, And what if Warnock walks away in May, be honest what will your opinion be then?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:We know in advance that there is not much money to play with. Hopefully, if Tan allows all money raised from the sale of any players to be re-invested in the replacements that Warnock wants, that will be enough to keep him with us. Personally, I don't expect us to be splashing the cash (we have'nt really got any), keeping Warnock here for next season will be enough for me to renew season tickets. :occasion5:

Steve, with all the players going out and the wages being cut drastically over the last two years, there's No excuse not to back Warnock.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, And what if Warnock walks away in May, be honest what will your opinion be then?

We will get another manager life goes on annis the way warnock is talking he will be here next season

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:We know in advance that there is not much money to play with. Hopefully, if Tan allows all money raised from the sale of any players to be re-invested in the replacements that Warnock wants, that will be enough to keep him with us. Personally, I don't expect us to be splashing the cash (we have'nt really got any), keeping Warnock here for next season will be enough for me to renew season tickets. :occasion5:

Steve, with all the players going out and the wages being cut drastically over the last two years, there's No excuse not to back Warnock.

I think that shows how we were living far beyond our means due to OGS and to a lesser extent PT (Lambert)

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:

if thats the case he will be gone,newcastle was thinking of going for warnock but ended up with rafa if you think he is going to stick about to wheel and deal i think you will be disappointed

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

We will get another manager life goes on annis the way warnock is talking he will be here next season

Will still be there next season regardless!
You either support the team or you don't regardless of manager or owner for that matter! After all it's the team we support isn't it??? :o

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

You either support the team or you don't regardless of manager or owner for that matter! After all it's the team we support isn't it??? :o

I will make my decision about season tickets when I have some sort of idea as to which direction the club wants to go, and their ambitions. Not one season ticket for me, I have to fork out for two adults and two juniors. I know I have spent in excess of £25k following this team over the last 50 years, and I have things such as a car and a boiler which are past their sell by date. If the club shows serious ambition, I will almost certainly renew as the club has become an important part of my life. If it looks as if the priority is to avoid relegation and not much more, I will pick and choose my matches and spend the cash on what should really be my priorities anyway. At the end of the day, it all comes down to finances, mine and the club's.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I will make my decision about season tickets when I have some sort of idea as to which direction the club wants to go, and their ambitions. Not one season ticket for me, I have to fork out for two adults and two juniors. I know I have spent in excess of £25k following this team over the last 50 years, and I have things such as a car and a boiler which are past their sell by date. If the club shows serious ambition, I will almost certainly renew as the club has become an important part of my life. If it looks as if the priority is to avoid relegation and not much more, I will pick and choose my matches and spend the cash on what should really be my priorities anyway. At the end of the day, it all comes down to finances, mine and the club's.

Take your point and finances do come into thinking as well as clubs ambition, whilst I will be there next season tbh if NW goes at end of this one i will have to seriously consider my position year after mainly is it worth the effort at my age to travel 3hrs each way with club going nowhere?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Take your point and finances do come into thinking as well as clubs ambition, whilst I will be there next season tbh if NW goes at end of this one i will have to seriously consider my position year after mainly is it worth the effort at my age to travel 3hrs each way with club going nowhere?

If Warnock is here next season I would assume that the club is showing some ambition, and like you I will renew. If he leaves, that would suggest that there is no ambition to progress, and that they are looking at stability and no more. I would'nt blame the club whichever direction they choose, I know the debts are a burden and have to be reduced. Just makes my choice a bit easier, and at least my other half will stay warm next Winter if I don't renew, and get a new boiler instead.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

If Warnock is here next season I would assume that the club is showing some ambition, and like you I will renew. If he leaves, that would suggest that there is no ambition to progress, and that they are looking at stability and no more. I would'nt blame the club whichever direction they choose, I know the debts are a burden and have to be reduced. Just makes my choice a bit easier, and at least my other half will stay warm next Winter if I don't renew, and get a new boiler instead.

Need to find better way to keep her warm? :laughing6: