Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lovely tributes to city supporters who have passed away

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 pm

It fills me with pride when Cardiff City supporters who have passed away get a fantastic applause when there picture comes up on the big screen this has been happening a lot lately I know we always put condelances to bluebirds on this mb when friends or families put ther loved on here but it's even better when there friends or families put there pictures on the big screen at the ground I don't wish anyone to pass away but I know it will always happen from time to time but long may it continue that our fantastic supporters give the appalause a fellow bluebird deserves it happened again yesterday as I said it fills me with pride :bluescarf:

Re: Lovely tributes to city supporters who have passed away

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Not saying this to be controversial or upset anyone but I don't like it personally, not in the middle of a game there's just no need. I would prefer it before the game or at half time to remember those that have passed, not whilst the game is in play, I just don't get it, sorry.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:20 pm

RV Casual wrote:Not saying this to be controversial or upset anyone but I don't like it personally, not in the middle of a game there's just no need. I would prefer it before the game or at half time to remember those that have passed, not whilst the game is in play, I just don't get it, sorry.

I agree,even though its a nice gesture.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:23 pm

RV Casual wrote:Not saying this to be controversial or upset anyone but I don't like it personally, not in the middle of a game there's just no need. I would prefer it before the game or at half time to remember those that have passed, not whilst the game is in play, I just don't get it, sorry.

as harsh as i might sound. ive thought very much the same thing.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:27 am

Also agree with that.
Noticed a nice touch in Sunday FA cup game, Think it was Fulham end but on back of the stands there were R I P banners with names on.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:44 am

I read this article the other week and thought it made a valid point about the modern game.

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/h ... with-grief

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Mikey27 wrote:I read this article the other week and thought it made a valid point about the modern game.

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/h ... with-grief

Thanks for posting that mate, good article :thumbup: