Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Warnock only wants four players "

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:21 pm

" WARNOCK ONLY WANTS FOUR PLAYERS "

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/ :thumbright:

I love the fact that Warnock doesn't have an agent so he buys players he likes and a lot of the time knows. He did say this morning that he wants leaders and team spirit. I can't see too many foreign gambles. Yesterday we ended up with the 4231 he played at QPR

If Manga stays on revised terms that would be great, Bamba, Manga & Morrison rotating based upon opponents looks solid.

Peltier,Bennett, Richards with the back up of Connolly as well looks again solid.

Gunnar, Ralls with Whitts or Halford as back up still lacks something.

The attacking 4 is where the money needs to go

The "10" needs to be able to score 15 goals. I am a fan of Pilks and believe this is his position nowadays but he is injury prone. So we'll have to find a first choice 10.

Zohore is starting to lead the line, but we need another striker to push Kenny, hopefully Lambert will retire

Holiett may be expensive and Harris needs to re-sign so we are left with Nooney and Kennedy, but i think we'll keep all of them

So IMO- LeFonfre,Adeyemi,Ajeyi are released. Saadi,Huws and O'Keefe, Gounongbe,John are sold for £3 millionish and Lambert retires. That leaves us 18 in the first team squad.

We need a Goalkeeper, A striker, An attacking midfielder and possibly a right back.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/

£6 million plus sales = £9 million that should do be enough for Warnock and with the a huge chunk of salary leaving in the summer we should be fine.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/ :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Warnock only wants four players "

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:54 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/ :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm not one to write Lambert off. I realise his fitness is questionable, but his experience could be important in being around the squad. Warnock seems genuinely disappointed that Lambert is injured, and although slow he is still an excellent finisher.

A quality creative midfielder like McGeady from Preston is what we need badly. He was easily the stand out player when we beat them a few weeks ago (although I'm not sure of his age).

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:05 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I'm not one to write Lambert off. I realise his fitness is questionable, but his experience could be important in being around the squad. Warnock seems genuinely disappointed that Lambert is injured, and although slow he is still an excellent finisher.

A quality creative midfielder like McGeady from Preston is what we need badly. He was easily the stand out player when we beat them a few weeks ago (although I'm not sure of his age).

Lambert next season will be another year older and more injury prone, he is suffering all the time from injuries as Warnock says the oder he is getting the longer it is taking to get him back.
7 goals in his last three years is not good enough with his type of wages.
Lambert will have cost Cardiff over a £million this season and no wonder Warnock wants a fit Lambert.
We tried to offload him,who will want him? ?
I thought fans like yourself keep saying we can't afford to strengthen and don't want to get in trouble finacially ,well with signings like Lambert and Amos we will only get further in trouble and that stops Warnock bringing in his own players.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Good post this and not far out I imagine, maybe Young Harris will be coming in to the squad and do you think maybe Saadi could feature now that Healey is sidelined? It's a squad game these days which Warnock seems capable of using. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Big worry with Kadeem out of contract,if he keeps performing someone will offer him decent wages in the summer which we will struggle to match

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:I'm not one to write Lambert off. I realise his fitness is questionable, but his experience could be important in being around the squad. Warnock seems genuinely disappointed that Lambert is injured, and although slow he is still an excellent finisher.

Lambert next season will be another year older and more injury prone, he is suffering all the time from injuries as Warnock says the oder he is getting the longer it is taking to get him back.
Lambert will have cost Cardiff over a £million this season and no wonder Warnock wants a fit Lambert.
I thought fans like yourself keep saying we can't afford to strengthen and don't want to get in trouble finacially ,well with signings like Lambert and Amos we will only get further in trouble and that stops Warnock bringing in his own players.

Lambert is supposedly on a massive wage so let's pray he retires

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Costing us over £100,000 a month plus Tax/Ni etc

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:" WARNOCK ONLY WANTS FOUR PLAYERS "

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/ :thumbright:

I love the fact that Warnock doesn't have an agent so he buys players he likes and a lot of the time knows. He did say this morning that he wants leaders and team spirit. I can't see too many foreign gambles. Yesterday we ended up with the 4231 he played at QPR

If Manga stays on revised terms that would be great, Bamba, Manga & Morrison rotating based upon opponents looks solid.

Peltier,Bennett, Richards with the back up of Connolly as well looks again solid.

Gunnar, Ralls with Whitts or Halford as back up still lacks something.

The attacking 4 is where the money needs to go

The "10" needs to be able to score 15 goals. I am a fan of Pilks and believe this is his position nowadays but he is injury prone. So we'll have to find a first choice 10.

Zohore is starting to lead the line, but we need another striker to push Kenny, hopefully Lambert will retire

Holiett may be expensive and Harris needs to re-sign so we are left with Nooney and Kennedy, but i think we'll keep all of them

So IMO- LeFonfre,Adeyemi,Ajeyi are released. Saadi,Huws and O'Keefe, Gounongbe,John are sold for £3 millionish and Lambert retires. That leaves us 18 in the first team squad.

We need a Goalkeeper, A striker, An attacking midfielder and possibly a right back.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/

£6 million plus sales = £9 million that should do be enough for Warnock and with the a huge chunk of salary leaving in the summer we should be fine.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

David,
Fair play theres a lot of sense in this post and I personally can not see why Warnock should not be backed next season, we still have deadwood to get rid of and Warnock is good at that and brilliant at finding the right players for the right money.
There should be NO excuses at all from Tan/Dalman and Choo the three so called Committee members :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

It really can be an exciting season to look forward to next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/1 ... r-players/ :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Costing us over £100,000 a month plus Tax/Ni etc

The 25 k a week is surely not Net so there's only employers NI on top of that. Still painful though. Warnock could of brought in two significant contributors to the team if we didn't have that outlay.

I really hope Saadi and Huws are in the plans for next year. Could be a big mistake letting either go in my opinion.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He should retire the end of the season

Tan wins keeping Saadi at the Belgium club but would rather see him here

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Good article, can't disagree with much on there.

I definitely think a creative midfielder to take the batton from whitts is priority, closely followed by a winger and a striker.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 am

RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He should retire the end of the season

Tan wins keeping Saadi at the Belgium club but would rather see him here

Yes Jon, I've noticed we have never bothered to even discuss Saadi??

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:22 am

Re. Saadi, perhaps we should leave it to the experts as I think NW knows about him but is leaving him mature in Belgium ready for a pre season with us.
Meanwhile, in the real world, would anyone retire if they were getting allegedly 25k to sit on their arse? Not all would think about their pride on that money.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:24 am

Jules wrote:Re. Saadi, perhaps we should leave it to the experts as I think NW knows about him but is leaving him mature in Belgium ready for a pre season with us.
Meanwhile, in the real world, would anyone retire if they were getting allegedly 25k to sit on their arse? Not all would think about their pride on that money.

Its in his contract that he has to sit on his arse for more than half a season. Wez thinks it was just for this season but at the time it was reported that he has to sit on arse for more than half of next season as well. Its either that or we pay him to sit on his arse for an extra year.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:39 am

we might pay lambert him off..hopefully... and if Saaidi is knocking in the goals and fits in Belguim why doesn t tan s other club buy him which gives warnock money to deal...if he is not part of Warnock s plans. In fact why doesn t tan buy a couple of decent players for his other clubs for a few mill and loan them to CARDIFF..JUST A THOUGHT

We definitely need a winger centre midfield and a striker...all with pace

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:11 am

kimble wrote:we might pay lambert him off..hopefully... and if Saaidi is knocking in the goals and fits in Belguim why doesn t tan s other club buy him which gives warnock money to deal...if he is not part of Warnock s plans. In fact why doesn t tan buy a couple of decent players for his other clubs for a few mill and loan them to CARDIFF..JUST A THOUGHT

We can pay Lambert off but it would cost the full remainder of his contract. So its not saving a penny, if he's in contract next season then its still costing us £ 25k a week next season in effect. So all those players who have left but would still be in contract are in effect still in costing us now even though we've paid over the money. Some would have taken a deal of course but to be honest I have little confidence in the deal makers on our side.

Those out on loan will by and large still have cost us a fair proportion of their wages. Huws being the exception but that's the benefit of having a deal maker like Warnock in the loop. Probably right to let him go on loan but I'd like to think we haven't seen the last of Huws in a Cardiff shirt.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Actually City played 4411 throughout Saturday's game. We started:

McGregor
Connolly Morrison Bamba Richards
Noone Gunnars Ralls Harris
Healey
Zohore

Hoilett was a straight swop for Healey before HT. After 72 mins Pilks took Hoilett's place who in turn took Noone's. With ten mins left John replaced Harris.

StT.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 pm

kimble wrote:we might pay lambert him off..hopefully... and if Saaidi is knocking in the goals and fits in Belguim why doesn t tan s other club buy him which gives warnock money to deal...if he is not part of Warnock s plans. In fact why doesn t tan buy a couple of decent players for his other clubs for a few mill and loan them to CARDIFF..JUST A THOUGHT

it was good enough when we had a embargo so your right why doesnt he??

one answer he doesnt want to spend a penny on us he thinks hes doing a good job working towards reducing his debt, i say his cos we didnt have the levels of debt we have now before tan arrived so he has to stop pointing the finger and take some responsibility