Huddersfield/Bradford - a model to follow - season tickets

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:59 am

Whilst there is a feel good factor around the Club I would love to see us copy what these two have done with season ticket's and go rock bottom prices.

The Club won't be any worse off as they will sell more ticket's plus the revenue from extra sales in the Club Shop, Programmes, etc etc

I know the club have good deals for youngsters etc but its working class adult's that we need to attract back.

I would go £200 an adult season ticket anywhere in the Canton and Ninian Stand and I honestly believe they would sell every single seat including the upper tier which would be great to see.

Thoughts ?

Bradford City fans big crowds every home game
Attachments
RL_781020.jpg.gallery.jpg
RL_781020.jpg.gallery.jpg (181.58 KiB) Viewed 3286 times
RV Casual

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Huddersfield/Bradford - a model to follow - season ticke

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:15 am

Great idea Huddersfield fans say it's helped team with full stadium, and besides will stop endless complaints about our support? :clap:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 am

Not sure about the upper tier packing out but certainly would increase attendances.
Bakedalasker

Postby GBHostmaster » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:21 am

Yes doing something like this would be great, a good boost for bums on seats and attract a wider audience of fans :thumbup:
GBHostmaster

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Not sure about the upper tier packing out but certainly would increase attendances.

Your probably right baked but I don't think it would be far off, I genuinely think it would be an absolute winner :thumbup:

The Club, and I applaud them for it have done some great deals for Family's etc but it just hasn't worked, the amount of people in the family stand yesterday was pitiful.

The only thing that would obviously be a danger would be people buying them but not turning up, having said that if we are doing well they most certainly will and the Club would already have banked their £200 regardless.
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:54 am

RV Casual wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Not sure about the upper tier packing out but certainly would increase attendances.

Your probably right baked but I don't think it would be far off, I genuinely think it would be an absolute winner :thumbup:

The Club, and I applaud them for it have done some great deals for Family's etc but it just hasn't worked, the amount of people in the family stand yesterday was pitiful.

The only thing that would obviously be a danger would be people buying them but not turning up, having said that if we are doing well they most certainly will and the Club would already have banked their £200 regardless.

That's a problem we have now especially in family stand we offered great deal but stand looks emptier than its ever done this season.
pembroke allan

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:09 pm

I know of at least 5.mates who would likely pay 200 for a season ticket
boyo1927

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:17 pm

boyo1927 wrote:I know of at least 5.mates who would likely pay 200 for a season ticket

Same here mate :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

That's a problem we have now especially in family stand we offered great deal but stand looks emptier than its ever done this season.

Allen, I applaud them for doing it but I always felt the Club was missing it's core target market with these deals.

Ultimately, the majority of our support are working class adult males, you have people working across South Wales earning £7 an hour or £15,000 a year in some instances, these are the types of people that we need to make it affordable for and get back down there, people on a budget are not going to pay £350+ to watch mid-table Championship Football, they need to feel like they are getting value for their money, at £200 a knock I believe you would have a massive uptake, its like the Wales thing, people were like £75 was not an amount that was going to break the bank and they were getting 5 games over a couple of years for it getting to watch Gareth Bale every game.

Whether they or we like it or not, the Club are facing a massive uphill battle to get the fans back on board, they either spend some money and get automatic success or they drop the prices to rock bottom, that's how I see it anyway :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:45 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Allen, I applaud them for doing it but I always felt the Club was missing it's core target market with these deals.

Ultimately, the majority of our support are working class adult males, you have people working across South Wales earning £7 an hour or £15,000 a year in some instances, these are the types of people that we need to make it affordable for and get back down there, people on a budget are not going to pay £350+ to watch mid-table Championship Football, they need to feel like they are getting value for their money, at £200 a knock I believe you would have a massive uptake, its like the Wales thing, people were like £75 was not an amount that was going to break the bank and they were getting 5 games over a couple of years for it getting to watch Gareth Bale every game.

Whether they or we like it or not, the Club are facing a massive uphill battle to get the fans back on board, they either spend some money and get automatic success or they drop the prices to rock bottom, that's how I see it anyway :thumbup:

It's catch 22 but agree they should seriously look at other clubs and how they've done things ? At moment doubling the amount of ST holders at half price keeps us where we are now all be it with full stadium! Are we still tied into compass for the outlets if we are we'll get very little benefit from there just merchandise sales will improve, personally I think it's worth doing mega deal on ST prices just for helping atmosphere and players . :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

It's catch 22 but agree they should seriously look at other clubs and how they've done things ? At moment doubling the amount of ST holders at half price keeps us where we are now all be it with full stadium! Are we still tied into compass for the outlets if we are we'll get very little benefit from there just merchandise sales will improve, personally I think it's worth doing mega deal on ST prices just for helping atmosphere and players . :occasion5:

Totally agree Allen, as a fan that would be my ultimate reason for doing it, to get the place packed out and add a bit of atmosphere back to the place which in turn should help and inspire the players that little bit more which could make all the difference :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:38 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Totally agree Allen, as a fan that would be my ultimate reason for doing it, to get the place packed out and add a bit of atmosphere back to the place which in turn should help and inspire the players that little bit more which could make all the difference :thumbup:

Unfortunately won't happen so will hope NW stays? According to him this morning he and club on same wavelength regarding where club is going , and he knows the problems with ffp he says just case of being able to get past it to recruit players. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:42 pm

£199 for adults, £149 for OAPs, £99 for students and 18-21 year olds with kids £49 and we'd have 20,000 season ticket holders.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby skiprat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Cheap season ticket the team fails ala Trollope.stadium half empty as usual.but I suppose the club still got the revenue.
skiprat

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Loads from the family stand moved to the Ninian when they changed the kids with adults price to the same as the family stand wherever the adult sits in the ground. Its a big stand for those who want that environment.
llan bluebird

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:58 pm

It's a no brainer and something I was thinking about only last week, totally agree and priced right with summer activity would see 18,000 plus season ticket holders and our great club back on track both on and off the pitch.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:58 pm

For those that don't know this is what Huddersfield did.

#Wagnorrevolution

Adult's and Seniors £179
8-17 year old £69
U8's £23

They sold 15,000+ season tickets and have gone from averaging 12,631 last season to 20,165 this season.

Bradford did a #onefournine campaign

Adults £149

They sold 17,500 and went from averaging 13,000 to 18,000
RV Casual

Postby buckleys brewery » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:50 pm

If it's working elsewhere, why not try it? :ayatollah:
buckleys brewery

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:52 pm

RV Casual wrote:For those that don't know this is what Huddersfield did.

#Wagnorrevolution

Adult's and Seniors £179
8-17 year old £69
U8's £23

They sold 15,000+ season tickets and have gone from averaging 12,631 last season to 20,165 this season.

Adults £149

We should follow them on this as we hold 33,500 and it would be brilliant to get over 20,000 every game :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:For those that don't know this is what Huddersfield did.

#Wagnorrevolution

Adult's and Seniors £179
8-17 year old £69
U8's £23

Adults £149

We should follow them on this as we hold 33,500 and it would be brilliant to get over 20,000 every game :thumbright: :bluebird:

Agreed seasons ticket revenues mean very little in the grand scheme of things and at £199 in the canton and ninian I think the club would at least make the standard income but with far more people and a better atmosphere all round possible increases to merchandise and food would also help

Despite being on low income now I would purchase one again at that price even if I missed 10 of the home games I have mates who would take my seat when I couldn't come and hopefully get them back involved again
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby nubbsy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:23 pm

agaihttp://metro.co.uk/2017/02/12/brita ... -6442874/n.

£200 a season ticket would see record sales I reckon. I would love to follow that Bradford/Huddersfield template.

Also stop the pointless memberships for away tickets and we will see away attendances increase too.
nubbsy

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Its a sprat to catch a mackerel.

Last season they dropped the U16 prices in the Ninian to the same as the family if bought with the adult ticket.

So i went from 199 + 2 * U16 price to £350 + 2 * U16 price and they got more money out of me, to sit in what would have been an empty seat in the Ninian.

The club i believe have no control on the inside catering but if they set up a fans zone outside the the Ninian stand they could get (decent) beer & food revenue. They need to be creative.
llan bluebird

Postby skiprat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Both them clubs are doing well this season. Would all those season ticket holders turn up if they were in the relegation zone?.
skiprat

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:24 pm

skiprat wrote:Both them clubs are doing well this season. Would all those season ticket holders turn up if they were in the relegation zone?.

Well Bradford have been doing it for three years in the lower division and it's worked, their fans have kept going :thumbright: :thumbright:

Their home crowds are up there with best in both lower divisions and Bradford's home crowds are better than half the Championships. And they have not been really successful for many many years on the pitch.

Its also helped their away support, they regularly take 1,500-2,000 to many away games.

Only this season they took over 5,000 away to Bolton,might not be far away,but that excellent away support in the lower divisions :thumbright:

Over 5,000 Bradford fans away at Bolton in September this season.
Attachments
16807579_10155800141973154_8308230655508946342_n.jpg
16807579_10155800141973154_8308230655508946342_n.jpg (55.75 KiB) Viewed 3272 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:56 pm

If we were playing the sort of football and getting these results on a regular basis, the support would return in their droves, no matter what the cost. When we got to 4-0 yesterday that was our highest score for SEVEN years :shock: :o
Even with promotion and cup finals it shows how dire the football served up has been. No wonder, the fair weather fan is not inspired. You can cut prices all you want, but if the football on offer is crap, then the fans won't bother.
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby 8ballpottingmachine » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:19 pm

When is the club due to announce season ticket prices then? I'm sure it was any day now last year.
Cardiff City - Breaking hearts since 1899
Cardiff City - Deceased 2012
Cardiff City - Reborn? Awaiting.
8ballpottingmachine

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Would be a cracking idea :thumbup:
Nuclearblue

Postby darran1927 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 pm

8ballpottingmachine wrote:When is the club due to announce season ticket prices then? I'm sure it was any day now last year.

In previous years I think they had already been annunced around this time of year , so I'm guessing we will here something next month
darran1927

Return to General Chat