Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock WILL quit if he is not backed! '

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:28 am

Neil Warnock to quit Cardiff unless owner Vincent Tan digs deep to strengthen squad and mount promotion push
The Malaysian billionaire has cut spending but Warnock will only stay if he is afforded one last shot at the Premier League

Warnock: “Together, we have to get around the table. I know that Vincent and Mehmet want us to do well but they know there are other clubs who will need managers between now and the end of the season.”

Daily Mirror

BY GRAHAM THOMAS

SAT 18 FEB 2017

Neil Warnock is holding showdown talks to discuss his future

Neil Warnock will quit Cardiff City unless he can convince owner Vincent Tan to start spending again.

The Cardiff boss is holding crunch talks with chairman Mehmet Dalman this weekend, where he will spell out his plans for a crack at promotion to the Premier League next season.

But unless Warnock gets a modest £6million to spend this summer, he will walk away from the Championship club after less than a full season in charge. “At my age, I really want to have a go at getting a promotion,” said Warnock, 68, who has taken the club into the top half of the table after being bottom-but-one when he took over last October.

Yesterday’s 5-0 thrashing of doomed Rotherham, the side he saved from relegation last season, shows how important Warnock’s leadership is to teams.

“I might not get the transfer money and I might end up getting the sack,” he said. “You don’t know what is around the corner, but I do want to have a go. When you see these teams spending £10m and £12m on one player, I am talking about half that on three or four players. I don’t think I am asking for an awful lot.

“Together, we have to get around the table. I know that Vincent and Mehmet want us to do well but they know there are other clubs who will need managers between now and the end of the season.”

Malaysian billionaire Tan has slashed spending at the club since Cardiff were relegated three years ago and Warnock spent only loose change in the January transfer window. Warnock wants the purse strings to be relaxed this summer to convince him to stay, but Tan is cautious after feeling he had his fingers burnt under former boss Malky Mackay, who he accused of going £15m over budget.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Warnock WILL quit if he is not backed!

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 am

Maybe I'm being daft but I cannot see anywhere in that post where Neil Warnock says he will quit.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:19 am

I think where he says other clubs will need a manager between now and the end of the season. Which imo is more to do with him only having a contract with us until the end of the season

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:37 am

It's the same as everything else on this forum, the same interview or topic just with another title. Starting to get boring now.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:11 am

The report is new...... well it's someone taking a lot of other reports, mashing them together, adding a bit about yesterday's game so it looks really upto date and then putting in quotes from 7 to 10 days ago.

Nothing we haven't already heard numerous times before.

Re: ' Neil Warnock WILL quit if he is not backed! '

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:06 am

We knew this a couple of months ago !! :o NW will not go anywhere else as he as said he will retire ( because of wife and age) he wants chance of promotion not have a struggling side again. :old:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:09 am

Sticky? Really? This quote is old and taken out of context.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:12 am

Fergy1927 wrote:Sticky? Really? This quote is old and taken out of context.

99.9% of quotes regarding NW are taken out context. :old:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:16 am

The bottom line here is that unless Warnock is backed he will go. Be it to another club or his wife we will have to see.

Warnock has set his stall out what he requires in regards to backing. From that I'm taking it he knows what players he wants. It's over to the club now what they can give him and if that is acceptable to Warnock.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 am

Bakedalasker wrote:The bottom line here is that unless Warnock is backed he will go. Be it to another club or his wife we will have to see.

Warnock has set his stall out what he requires in regards to backing. From that I'm taking it he knows what players he wants. It's over to the club now what they can give him and if that is acceptable to Warnock.

I agree. Hopefully he will get enough to keep him here next season. Judging by his comments he has not been given any guarantees yet, if he had he would'nt keep dropping hints. Perhaps it will be sorted today. There is not much money available for obvious reasons, but he has not asked for much money so hoping he will be able to give us some good news soon.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:46 am

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:It's the same as everything else on this forum, the same interview or topic just with another title. Starting to get boring now.

Gotta get those hits for cash

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:49 am

Cardiff Blues wrote:
GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:It's the same as everything else on this forum, the same interview or topic just with another title. Starting to get boring now.

Gotta get those hits for cash

Well done you are helping the cause.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:50 am

Watching Goals on Sunday;
He doesn't sound like a guy that's going anywhere :occasion5: :thumbup:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:08 pm

He as reiterated that he will go if not aiming for promotion! But also said he and club on same wavelength regarding what's needed and he understands the ffp problems and are working to get around problems? To me he's hopefull of staying but 3mnths us long time in football. :old: