Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock on Sky on Sunday morning

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:23 am

11.30am Sunday Goals on Sunday.
Neil Warnock Sky Sports 1

IMG_7589.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Warnock on Sky on Sunday morning

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Superb.

Have you ever had all four corners of the ground singing your name before?

Yeah at Boro when we played Bradford. Everyone sang Warnock out!!! :D :D legend.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:39 pm

A brilliant hour of Warnock with a lot of chat between the goals.
Good to hear he still rants a bit in his half-time talks.
A lot of stuff confirming whatwe have heard before but great comments on Zohore.

It was Bury, not Boro - must be his Yorkshire accent

Not from the programme, but this recalls the incident

It happened to me at Bury. Stan Ternent had won successive promotions taking them to what is now the Championship. He had backing from a benefactor but it was still an achievement – look where Bury are now.

Stan then went to Burnley - he knew there was only one direction Bury could go. It was an impossible job, but when Terry Robinson, the chairman, asked me I took it. I was living in the area and Terry was a good friend.

The players were a genuine bunch but we had no chance. Stan poached a couple of good players, then the benefactor’s money ran out – it turned out it wasn’t his to spend.

But as soon as we lost a couple of games the fans were on our backs. I remember when we played Bradford City they started chanting “Warnock out”. I’d been at Huddersfield not long before so wasn’t too popular in Bradford either and the visitors joined in. Soon all four sides of the ground were chanting. I knew then it was just a matter of time. Incredibly, we only went down on goals scored – if it had been goal difference we’d have stayed up – but when the chance came to go to Sheffield United it was like winning the pools.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Ha thanks mate, I thought I couldn't remember Boro! :oops: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:27 pm

A great watch and very interesting guy.
Always got a story.