çardiff city our budget?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

çardiff city our budget?

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 pm

All this debatìng and demanding tan backs warnock , but none of us have any idea about how much our total playing budget is .

its no good those saying warnock only wañts £6 million , he may say thats what he thinks he will need to spend on transfer fees , but then there are wages for those players , agent fees etc , the budget is not just about transfer fees , its an amoùnt determined by our income and staying within ffp .even if tan wanted to he can not just give us millions . And yes I know there could be ways around it via sponsorship but the authorities are not stupid .
our budget for this season is millions , so next seasons will also be millions , so lets just wait and see how warnock uses it
look 2 players earning a lot of money allegedly manga = 1.25 million a year and whitts = 1 million a year , saving thier wages would mean 2.25 million towards transfer fees , are we missing these 2 players who are not looking likely starters
huws o keefe adeymi ajayi (and at long last le fondre this summer ) would surely bring in 1 million between them and at least 3 million off the wage bill , thats another 4 million towards transfer fees .
im sure warnock will be able to work within the clubs budget next season , but surely we dont want our budget to be open to all and sundry allowing them to maybe hold us to ransome .
im sure vincent tan is not stupid , hes a shrewd business man , learning the hard way that football is not like any other business ,
he must see that the best chance of getting our club self sustainable, is by letting warnock use the budget however he sees fit .
im optimistic tan will want warnock to stay , therefore he will give warnock the maximum budget ffp rules will allow .
so lets all just enjoy the rest of this rather enjoyable(now we are safe) season , becouse lets be fair its improved so much lately , its not long ago people were saying we dont have a goal scoring threat , and now we have scored 11 goals in 3 games , in warnock we trust , and lets not forget tan employed him
troobloo3339

çardiff city our budget?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: çardiff city our budget?

Postby wez1927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:All this debatìng and demanding tan backs warnock , but none of us have any idea about how much our total playing budget is .

its no good those saying warnock only wañts £6 million , he may say thats what he thinks he will need to spend on transfer fees , but then there are wages for those players , agent fees etc , the budget is not just about transfer fees , its an amoùnt determined by our income and staying within ffp .even if tan wanted to he can not just give us millions . And yes I know there could be ways around it via sponsorship but the authorities are not stupid .
our budget for this season is millions , so next seasons will also be millions , so lets just wait and see how warnock uses it
look 2 players earning a lot of money allegedly manga = 1.25 million a year and whitts = 1 million a year , saving thier wages would mean 2.25 million towards transfer fees , are we missing these 2 players who are not looking likely starters
huws o keefe adeymi ajayi (and at long last le fondre this summer ) would surely bring in 1 million between them and at least 3 million off the wage bill , thats another 4 million towards transfer fees .
im sure warnock will be able to work within the clubs budget next season , but surely we dont want our budget to be open to all and sundry allowing them to maybe hold us to ransome .
im sure vincent tan is not stupid , hes a shrewd business man , learning the hard way that football is not like any other business ,
he must see that the best chance of getting our club self sustainable, is by letting warnock use the budget however he sees fit .
im optimistic tan will want warnock to stay , therefore he will give warnock the maximum budget ffp rules will allow .
so lets all just enjoy the rest of this rather enjoyable(now we are safe) season , becouse lets be fair its improved so much lately , its not long ago people were saying we dont have a goal scoring threat , and now we have scored 11 goals in 3 games , in warnock we trust , and lets not forget tan employed him

Get rid of all the deadwood and I'm sure Warnock will work his magic ,people need to get real we are not going to be able to spend millions and millions like in the past
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Steve fair points but you like many forget there is no £8m parachute payments next season so any wage savings will only be put towards running within budget no room for spending?

It's got to be player sales and who is worth money that NW doesn't want to keep right now?

The answer to that is not many so for me unless the club decides to fall foul of FFP rules the season after NW retires then I don't see a big transfer kitty at all

I'd love the club to have the money NW wants but realistically it's not there
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:28 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Steve fair points but you like many forget there is no £8m parachute payments next season so any wage savings will only be put towards running within budget no room for spending?

It's got to be player sales and who is worth money that NW doesn't want to keep right now?

The answer to that is not many so for me unless the club decides to fall foul of FFP rules the season after NW retires then I don't see a big transfer kitty at all

think we got one more season of parachute payments so this might be our best chance of having a good go
troobloo3339

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:30 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Steve fair points but you like many forget there is no £8m parachute payments next season so any wage savings will only be put towards running within budget no room for spending?

think we got one more season of parachute payments so this might be our best chance of having a good go

Pretty sure they are done now but you could be correct
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby brewer918 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:31 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:All this debatìng and demanding tan backs warnock , but none of us have any idea about how much our total playing budget is .

Superb post!

People keep saying that Mehmet dalman is using FFP as an excuse not to spend money but we all know as a club we are are having to cut our clothe and reduce our wage bill / costs, due to the money we've spent over the years leading up the premiership and after the relegation. So for me we have to be sensible when it comes to spending money on signings in the the summer.

Why would Mehmet Dalman openly confirm how much they are going to give Warnock to spend in the summer.... it would certainly allow other clubs to hold us to ransom and then overspend.

I really hope Tan backs Warnock for next season. But quite a few posters seem to use any news about the club to turn it in to a negative spin towards Tan.
Last edited by brewer918 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewer918

Postby wez1927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:32 pm

brewer918 wrote:

Superb post!

People keeping saying that Mehmet dalman is using FFP as an excuse not to spend money but we all know as a club we are are having to cut our clothe and reduce our wage bill / costs, due to the money we've spent over the years leading up the premiership and after the relegation. So for me we have to be sensible when it comes to spending money on signings in the the summer.

Why would Mehmet Dalman openly confirm how much they are going to give Warnock to spend in the summer.... it would certainly allow other clubs to hold us to ransom and then overspend.

I really hope Tan backs Warnock for next season. But quite a few posters seem to use any news about the club to turn it in to a negative spin towards Tan.

Agree
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:33 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

1 more year left
wez1927

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:37 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

just confirms one of my main points we just dont know
you think the parachute payments finish this season I think they finish next season , im not arguing with you just like your not arguing with me but we just dont know for sure
troobloo3339

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks wez hope your right though
troobloo3339

Postby Cymru Am Byth » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:52 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

99% sure because we finished bottom we only get 3 years of parachute payments - so 2016/17 is our last year. nothing next season.

Norwich and Fulham will get another year because they finished 18th and 19th
Bluebirds for life
Cymru Am Byth

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:08 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

YES we have one more season of parachute payments and you can't expect Warnock to continue this amazing success with no support from our club.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:09 pm

He will stay, Tan would never let him go, loads have clubs have best FFP one way or another....

He will stay 99.99999% sure of it !!!
Bluebina

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

YES we have one more season of parachute payments and you can't expect Warnock to continue this amazing success with no support from our club.

annis what makes you believe warnock is getting NO support from the club
troobloo3339

Postby Bluebina » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Bluebina wrote:

He will stay, Tan would never let him go, loads have clubs have best FFP one way or another....

He will stay 99.99999% sure of it !!!

He's on Goals on Sunday tomorrow, I'm sure he will give us some clues during the interviews....
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:19 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

he's saying NW cannot continue having success if club doesn't support him next season?
Think there's enough evidence from NW to suggest he will be supported next season how much probably depends on who goes end season!
pembroke allan

Postby Blue_Barber » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:30 pm

So within FFP you are told to live within your means - that basically means living off your player sales values, commercial investments and ticket sales. Which basically makes ownership money null and void. Does make you think how the top teams manage to get away with it (coughs) "Pogba" United debt €200m
Blue_Barber

Postby wez1927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:So within FFP you are told to live within your means - that basically means living off your player sales values, commercial investments and ticket sales. Which basically makes ownership money null and void. Does make you think how the top teams manage to get away with it (coughs) "Pogba" United debt €200m

But untied run at a massive profit each season so can afford it utd were in 550 million debt but it has been reduced dramatically
wez1927

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

he's saying NW cannot continue having success if club doesn't support him next season?
Think there's enough evidence from NW to suggest he will be supported next season how much probably depends on who goes end season!

To be fair it was'nt Annis who said money would not be available if we returned to blue. All many of us are doing is repeating what has been said by the club owner. Any time we are critical of the club some on here are stating we are pessimists, anti Tan etc. When I dared to say Trollope was a ridiculous appointment having already been considered not good enough for Bristol Rovers, the usual posters were calling me a pessimist again. When I predicted a mid table finish, the same posters (most of whom tipped us for a top two finish) were back calling me a pessimist. I prefer realist myself, anyone who thought we could get promoted with the players here at the time and with Trollope as manager really had their heads buried deep in the sand. There will be very little new money for Warnock in the Summer. It will come down to wheeling and dealing, selling a few and buying a few. This is not a prediction, we know the huge debts that are having to be reduced, FFP rules, and that the club has to be run on a sound financial footing. If Warnock wants a few million quid to spend, he is going to have to raise it by selling players, and getting some high earners off the books. That is not knocking Tan, that is simply business.
Steve Zodiak

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:10 am

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

99% sure because we finished bottom we only get 3 years of parachute payments - so 2016/17 is our last year. nothing next season.

Norwich and Fulham will get another year because they finished 18th and 19th

I have checked again we have one year left team relegated the season after us only receive 3 payments going forward

So we have one season left so the club maybe has some room to manoeuvre providing we cut wages around the £6m mark in the summer NW could then get his £6m he wants but that's still a big ask and unless deals are struck very early then he won't get players in early like he wants

Either that or we will need player sales but who could he sell that isn't in his plans that is worth ££££

Be interesting to see if saadi features in is plans when he comes back also
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Bushy Eyebrows » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:32 am

I have not researched that finishing bottom (in the Prem) ends our parachute payments tbh. But as we saw with Zohore`s arrival players signed to KV Kortrijk or FK Sarajevo could be loaned back and forth as Watford previously successfully did. OGS messed us up but I`m sure Warnock is astute enough to be privy to these things too. Also as said above revealing our Summers War Chest amount only puts us on the back foot in negotiations for new signings. VT must listen NW to work out a promotion push next season,make hay when the sun shines is a cliche that comes to mind. :ayatollah:
Bushy Eyebrows

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:47 am

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:I have not researched that finishing bottom (in the Prem) ends our parachute payments tbh. But as we saw with Zohore`s arrival players signed to KV Kortrijk or FK Sarajevo could be loaned back and forth as Watford previously successfully did. OGS messed us up but I`m sure Warnock is astute enough to be privy to these things too. Also as said above revealing our Summers War Chest amount only puts us on the back foot in negotiations for new signings. VT must listen NW to work out a promotion push next season,make hay when the sun shines is a cliche that comes to mind. :ayatollah:

Think we have established that we have one more season of parachute payments
think most on here believe warnock should be allowed to use the budget how ever he sees fit
the budget should be bigger than this seasons due to us reducing our debt and losses
plus if needed as stated above we can use tans other clubs to bring in loans
finally there is more reason to be optimistic than negative
ffs enjoy the ride we are now safe and playing much better football and remember warnocks done this with no backing from the club if you listen to some , and with a squad thats too small, and a team that has no goals in it , hmmmm
troobloo3339

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:42 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Bushy Eyebrows wrote:I have not researched that finishing bottom (in the Prem) ends our parachute payments tbh. But as we saw with Zohore`s arrival players signed to KV Kortrijk or FK Sarajevo could be loaned back and forth as Watford previously successfully did. OGS messed us up but I`m sure Warnock is astute enough to be privy to these things too. Also as said above revealing our Summers War Chest amount only puts us on the back foot in negotiations for new signings. VT must listen NW to work out a promotion push next season,make hay when the sun shines is a cliche that comes to mind. :ayatollah:

Think we have established that we have one more season of parachute payments
think most on here believe warnock should be allowed to use the budget how ever he sees fit
the budget should be bigger than this seasons due to us reducing our debt and losses
plus if needed as stated above we can use tans other clubs to bring in loans
finally there is more reason to be optimistic than negative
ffs enjoy the ride we are now safe and playing much better football and remember warnocks done this with no backing from the club if you listen to some , and with a squad thats too small, and a team that has no goals in it , hmmmm

Would like to find a it more evident about loaning players. I'm sure there are restrictions now in place after the Watfordgate.
Bakedalasker

Postby castleblue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:26 am

There are a lot of things going to happen over the next couple of weeks, the biggest being the club are due to submit last seasons accounts by 28th February to Companies House. It will be interesting to see how the club performed in financial terms last season, we already know we were within FFP because there was no embargo in January from the EFL, but did we lose money last season ? If we did then that will impact on the clubs ability to spend going forward.

I have absolutely no doubt that the club want NW to stay and, I have absolutely no doubt the club will do everything it can to support NW in whatever way it can. The most interesting thing MD said to the BBC yesterday was that the club were looking "To Change The Cost Base" of the club, in other words the club finances are getting root and branch surgery to release as much money as possible to spend on the first team. NW has already been part of this with the dismantling of the Development Squad and appointing Craig Bellamy to his new Player Development Role.

Results since NW arrived have improved beyond any level even he probably thought were possible and in the process "Fringe" players under Slade & Trollope, Gunnarsonn and Harris the best examples, are now first choice. Zohore has improved out of ALL recognition and this week Noone has shown he is back to his best.

We have had years of cost cutting at the club but NW is showing that we still have a squad capable of finishing in the top half of the Championship, even maybe the top 10. I don't think we will need to spend £m's to see us pushing the top 6 again.

Sit back and enjoy the ride for the rest of this season and watch NW weave his magic during the summer to get us placed to have a real go next season.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 am

castleblue wrote:There are a lot of things going to happen over the next couple of weeks, the biggest being the club are due to submit last seasons accounts by 28th February to Companies House. It will be interesting to see how the club performed in financial terms last season, we already know we were within FFP because there was no embargo in January from the EFL, but did we lose money last season ? If we did then that will impact on the clubs ability to spend going forward.

I have absolutely no doubt that the club want NW to stay and, I have absolutely no doubt the club will do everything it can to support NW in whatever way it can. The most interesting thing MD said to the BBC yesterday was that the club were looking "To Change The Cost Base" of the club, in other words the club finances are getting root and branch surgery to release as much money as possible to spend on the first team. NW has already been part of this with the dismantling of the Development Squad and appointing Craig Bellamy to his new Player Development Role.

Results since NW arrived have improved beyond any level even he probably thought were possible and in the process "Fringe" players under Slade & Trollope, Gunnarsonn and Harris the best examples, are now first choice. Zohore has improved out of ALL recognition and this week Noone has shown he is back to his best.

We have had years of cost cutting at the club but NW is showing that we still have a squad capable of finishing in the top half of the Championship, even maybe the top 10. I don't think we will need to spend £m's to see us pushing the top 6 again.

Sit back and enjoy the ride for the rest of this season and watch NW weave his magic during the summer to get us placed to have a real go next season.

The £6m Warnock wants for me is a bridge too far.

If the club are genuine in finding the money for Warnock then what will be interesting is what will Warnock accept as satisfactory.
Bakedalasker

Postby Lengee » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Hats off to the opening post - some very good points raised in s very sensible way.
Great to read a thread where almost all contributors are making constructive comments not silly anti Tan comments.
Lets enjoy the rest of this season and pull together. As others have said on here I am confident that if it is possible (with FFP etc.) then NW will get the support he needs.
:bluebird: :thumbup:

Yma o hyd!
Lengee

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:40 pm

castleblue wrote:There are a lot of things going to happen over the next couple of weeks, the biggest being the club are due to submit last seasons accounts by 28th February to Companies House. It will be interesting to see how the club performed in financial terms last season, we already know we were within FFP because there was no embargo in January from the EFL, but did we lose money last season ? If we did then that will impact on the clubs ability to spend going forward.

good post.
dogfound

Return to General Chat