How do other clubs seem to be able to sign players without

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Falling foul of FFP. Seems the idiots we have running our club such as choo choo and Del Boy Dalman always find ways of not finding money for player recruitment. Mark my words, mess Warnock around and he,ll be gone quick sharpish :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: How do other clubs seem to be able to sign players witho

Postby Blue_Barber » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:36 pm

i think they either A- will ( come end of the season) or B- its just our ownership/management teams best excuse....i can understand FFP to a point, but when your pretty much penny pinching the majority of the time then i think it just turns into an excuse.
Blue_Barber

Postby wez1927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:i think they either A- will ( come end of the season) or B- its just our ownership/management teams best excuse....i can understand FFP to a point, but when your pretty much penny pinching the majority of the time then i think it just turns into an excuse.

The clubs spending serious money have massive crowds and much larger turnover than us
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Since1962 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Falling foul of FFP. Seems the idiots we have running our club such as choo choo and Del Boy Dalman always find ways of not finding money for player recruitment. Mark my words, mess Warnock around and he,ll be gone quick sharpish :bluebird:

Probably because they have been making smaller financial losses than us.
Since1962

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:21 pm

FFP works on a 3 year cycle with a club allowed to 'lose' £39m over that period. So in theory a club could spend heavily this season and not breach FFP until next season or even the season after or not at all if it cost cut enough to even out before the cycle ended.

As explained above it also depends on the clubs turnover (Newcastle's would obviously be much bigger than ours) and we are also writing off debt @ the rate of £8m per season or £24m over the cycle period which cuts down the amount of wriggle room we have.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby dogfound » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Falling foul of FFP. Seems the idiots we have running our club such as choo choo and Del Boy Dalman always find ways of not finding money for player recruitment. Mark my words, mess Warnock around and he,ll be gone quick sharpish :bluebird:

these other clubs everyone goes on about but never ever name?
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:31 pm

dogfound wrote:

Bournemouth and Derby are 2 in recent years.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Since1962 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:FFP works on a 3 year cycle with a club allowed to 'lose' £39m over that period. So in theory a club could spend heavily this season and not breach FFP until next season or even the season after or not at all if it cost cut enough to even out before the cycle ended.

As explained above it also depends on the clubs turnover (Newcastle's would obviously be much bigger than ours) and we are also writing off debt @ the rate of £8m per season or £24m over the cycle period which cuts down the amount of wriggle room we have.

Correct Tony. And with parachute payments reducing/ disappearing in the near future , the fact is that significant wage cost reductions still have to be made to compensate.
Since1962

Postby dogfound » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Bournemouth and Derby are 2 in recent years.

i know Bournemouth have been found guilty.but Derby? are you sure
dogfound

Postby skiprat » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Wolves have spent £13 million on 1 player plus his and rest of the teams wages they must have a hell of a turn over to stop falling foul of the ffp rules?
skiprat

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:52 am

skiprat wrote:Wolves have spent £13 million on 1 player plus his and rest of the teams wages they must have a hell of a turn over to stop falling foul of the ffp rules?

similar to Derby, spent big this season but not the previous 2 seasons.
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:58 am

wez1927 wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:i think they either A- will ( come end of the season) or B- its just our ownership/management teams best excuse....i can understand FFP to a point, but when your pretty much penny pinching the majority of the time then i think it just turns into an excuse.

The clubs spending serious money have massive crowds and much larger turnover than us

Wez, So are you saying we are not that well supported for a Championship club?
Gate money is nothing compared to a Sky money and sponsorship and good chairmen.

What's gone wrong Wez?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:02 am

Think people need to read the rules before commenting

The money ole spent is what's been a nouse around the clubs neck the past 2 seasons it's left us on the brink of the rules as that eases we will have leg room but not much due to debt write offs high wages and low income streams plus we have made it clear to mr tan we wanted blue and he made it clear that would come with zero investment and that means he won't overspend anymore simple as that
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Bushy Eyebrows » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:17 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Think people need to read the rules before commenting

The money ole spent is what's been a nouse around the clubs neck the past 2 seasons it's left us on the brink of the rules as that eases we will have leg room but not much due to debt write offs high wages and low income streams plus we have made it clear to mr tan we wanted blue and he made it clear that would come with zero investment and that means he won't overspend anymore simple as that

True words Smakez, Derby will be hit hard soon, VT sort your War Chest out for NW this summer. :bluebird:
Bushy Eyebrows

Postby NyeBluebird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:15 am

Owners are allowed to contribute up to a certain amount to the club's "income". Therefore the clubs with better owners will contribute more to the club's "income" meaning they have more money to spend.
NyeBluebird

Postby Wayne S » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:06 am

Do ALL your £39million debt in season 1 and you are buggered for two more years.

Bournemouth is a poor example as they hit lucky and went up. Their turnover now far outstrips ours.

Without investment you can get easily hamstrung very quickly and we all know that the Cardiff business model is currently built around reducing debt to zero NOT increasing it.

Boom or bust in the promotion stakes is now heavily regulated by FFP and rightly so. It could be said we were one of the last clubs to go up and fall foul of this boom or bust attitude. No problem if you go up and stay up but we didn't.
Wayne S

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:11 am

NW said on the 3rd Feb that City still have "commitments" to players long since gone?????

Could this be the reason why????? :o
RICK+CCFC

Postby Wayne S » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:13 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:NW said on the 3rd Feb that City still have "commitments" to players long since gone?????

At the time I assumed he was talking about the likes of Adeyemi and Le Fondre who we are still paying but in his eyes have left the club.
Wayne S

Postby wez1927 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, So are you saying we are not that well supported for a Championship club?
Gate money is nothing compared to a Sky money and sponsorship and good chairmen.

What's gone wrong Wez?

Yes our turnover isn't high enough ,us fans need to back the club more we can't have it both ways ,no more excuses we are back in blue playing well and have probably the best manager in years
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:18 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:NW said on the 3rd Feb that City still have "commitments" to players long since gone?????

adeyemi .le fondre etc are still our players
dogfound

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:13 pm

We need decent owners who will speculate to acumulate. Tan,s been burnt, he just wants his money back and he's gone. The club is just a financial burden around the kneck of a man who has no interest or passion for CCFC :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby nubbsy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:18 pm

I was speaking to a Norwich fan the other day, they bought that fella for 7m and a few others, but they've made way more money on outgoings. So just looks like some of the ones we think should be in trouble have played it a bit smarter and have stuck within the rules.
nubbsy

Postby wez1927 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:I was speaking to a Norwich fan the other day, they bought that fella for 7m and a few others, but they've made way more money on outgoings. So just looks like some of the ones we think should be in trouble have played it a bit smarter and have stuck within the rules.

Agree Newcastle made a fortune on player sales this year
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:21 pm

What you have to remember that these transferservices,the monies aren't always paid up front and are split over a number of years
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm

nubbsy wrote:I was speaking to a Norwich fan the other day, they bought that fella for 7m and a few others, but they've made way more money on outgoings. So just looks like some of the ones we think should be in trouble have played it a bit smarter and have stuck within the rules.

its something many dont see.or in some cases deliberately close their eyes to.
Derby keep being mentioned but nowhere do the people saying Derby aknowledge they sold players too.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:46 am

dogfound wrote:

its something many dont see.or in some cases deliberately close their eyes to.
Derby keep being mentioned but nowhere do the people saying Derby aknowledge they sold players too.

Exactly, the Norwich fan was even suprised that if mentioned ffp because he said they've made a fortune. But like you say we don't look at that.
nubbsy

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 am

Yes, at least one of the reasons and this was alluded to in a thread that was on here a few weeks back but there was little response at the time :thumbup:

We already know from this season alone that a number of players have been 'released' from their contracts but does that mean they were paid off 'in full' the day they left the club?

Methinks not!

To the contrary; and that is likely the case for certain players from previous seasons since our brief sojourn to the Premier League

Cornelius is one that immediately springs to mind and falls into line with something that was said to some fellow Bluebirds by a club insider

Vincent Tan (even if through football naivety) must share the blame with those who advised him (including certain managers) but he appears to have learned and is still around to ensure that things are put back on an even keel in a financial sense

Even as fans, we cannot have it all ways and we should be grateful that (a) Neil Warnock is here, and (b) that he is the most likely man to make a silk purse out of the pig's ear that exists

I'm sure he will be backed as far as is possible (I believe he already knows that) by an owner and Board that cannot be so blind so as not to see the miracle he has performed to date ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat