Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' DALMAN HOPEFUL OF BACKING WARNOCK / BUT '

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:37 pm

' DALMAN HOPEFUL OF BACKING WARNOCK / BUT CARDIFF CITY WILL STILL HAVE TO CUT THE WAGES '

The chairman said Cardiff will have to continue to cut their cloth according to Financial Fair Play constraints, "We will try and give Warnock what he wants for next season"

"Given the sort of budget we need to put together, that may put us in some difficulty."

By Chris Wathan

Saturday 18th February 2017

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman says he expects Neil Warnock to remain as Bluebirds manager next season, after insisting they DO share the same ambition.

But he did admit that Cardiff will have to continue to cut their cloth according to Financial Fair Play constraints if they are to give the 68-year-old the cash he has asked for.

Dalman said the veteran boss has done an “exceptional job” since replacing Paul Trollope in October, leading the side from a relegation fight into the top-half of the Championship table.

Warnock has admitted he has enjoyed his time in South Wales but stressed he wanted assurances of the club's plans and the money available this summer as he looks to build a promotion bid.

And he has made no secret of his willingness to walk away from the club if he does not get the backing he thinks will make the difference.

Dalman has conceded the club will have to tread carefully with the parachute payments from Premier League football soon to run out and the club having to remain within Financial Fair Play constraints.

But he insisted he was hopeful of giving Warnock what he wants, telling the BBC: “I am a massive fan of Neil, I will expect him to be here next season. If it's up to me that's exactly what will happen and we'll do the best that we can. I'm pretty confident about things in general.

“We are very fortunate at Cardiff City in the sense that Neil's ambitions are fully aligned with ours. He wants to go for that promotion for his own reasons as well as the club's,

“He's been magnificent right across the board. He's brought togetherness to the club.

“In terms of what he wants, of course we've discussed it and we analysed it. There is a plan, we know what's needed, we know what he wants and we'll do the very best we can to give that to him."

“It's problematic for us at the moment. We're in a good position but given the sort of budget we need to put together, that may put us in some difficulty," he added.

“We've got some work to do, it's not that simple. Do I want to sell our best players? The answer is no, but certainly, do we need to change the cost base? Probably.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' DALMAN HOPEFUL OF BACKING WARNOCK / BUT '

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Same shit different season,actions speak louder than words :thumbright:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Same old bolloxs and shit

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:45 pm

It's an absolute no brainer.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Under Warnock Cardiff have played 21 games and won 38 points. That 1.8 points a game.

If Warnock had started the season with us and managed to keep the points rate the same, no reason why he could not, then after 12 games we would have had 21.6 points. Round it up to 22 and take 8 way won by Trollope means we can add 13 points to our present total giving us 58 equal to 5th place Leeds.

Food for thought for next season.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=182345 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Don't fret. He'll be here next season. MD just saying we may have to let the likes of Manga go to save £25K a week. I'd be ok with that tbh.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Hmmm

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:48 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Don't fret. He'll be here next season. MD just saying we may have to let the likes of Manga go to save £25K a week. I'd be ok with that tbh.

It's not nailed on though with teams like Villa sniffing around.
He definitely needs to be backed with a decent amount of transfer money as he wants that last promotion push.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Isnt the way round it for the owner to give a hefty sponsorship through one of the companies,,,or has that changed.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:56 pm

nubbsy wrote:Hmmm

Jack, Its worrying and to think Warnock has only asked for £6mill to go for promotion and after what he has achieved this season and after all the players we have released and still will release, This would be total madness not back Warnock, Tan has shown how clueless he has been in football in the last 7 years,surely he has finally learnt from the past and getting involved has cost us big time, maybe he doesn't want Warnock to be in charge of everything? ?

At least Tan knows upfront what our manager needs :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:02 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Don't fret. He'll be here next season. MD just saying we may have to let the likes of Manga go to save £25K a week. I'd be ok with that tbh.

He definitely needs to be backed with a decent amount of transfer money as he wants that last promotion push.

I reckon he will be backed with as muck as FFP rules will allow. I think NW will b ok with that. He's asked for £5 -6 million, I reckon he'll be here next season with £4 - 5 million.
Villa sniffing is complete paper talk - nowt concrete in that report. Lazy journalism at its best.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:07 pm

A careful choice of words by the chairman obviously aware that season ticket sales will be his main focus before long. Translated into plain English means that there will be little, if any money available during the Summer. No big surprise there, Tan is not going to be throwing any more money at this club. He has already told us that a couple of years back.What Dalman has said is the same sort of stuff we hear all the time. What is said by those at the top and what actually happens tend to be completely different.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:11 pm

All gone quite from the usual/suspects Tan brigrade, Hmmmmm as they all say, I wonder what their comments/opinions are? ? ?

My opinion Dalman is like a Politician and there is No real backing in those words of his above.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:All gone quite from the usual/suspects Tan brigrade, Hmmmmm as they all say, I wonder what their comments/opinions are? ? ?

My opinion Dalman is like a Politician and there is No real backing in those words of his above.

"We will try and give Warnock what he wants for next season"
"Given the sort of budget we need to put together, that may put us in some difficulty."
I think these words give a hint as to what lies ahead.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:All gone quite from the usual/suspects Tan brigrade, Hmmmmm as they all say, I wonder what their comments/opinions are? ? ?

Banking but with the sale of s few more players is how I read that

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Its obvious FFP is the problem.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Mad considering Tan is meant to be a multi billionaire hmmmmmm :bluebird:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

sounds like he will have some money to spend but if he wants more then he will have to get rid of some players 1st

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Ryan, Always suddenly a problem when it suits them.
Yet when they want to spend big wages on players the Committee like,they suddenly pay the high wages.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

sounds like he will have some money to spend but if he wants more then he will have to get rid of some players 1st

Darren, He is already getting rid of players and will be doing it again,soon there will be no one left to get rid of.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Nothing concrete there, but there never is with Dalman.
He'll meet with Warnock, talk it over and then report back to Tan who will make the decision.

He can't promise anything because he doesn't have the power to.

The big decisions have to be ratified by Tan.

It's a similar situation to the back to blue announcement.

It'll come out in the end

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:25 pm

If Zohore keeps going the way he is he'll be worth a fortune come the end of the season... if he bags another 10 or so by the end of the season he'll be worth big bucks in today's market. Crazy but true.

Might be a case of taking a hit and selling him to fund Warnock's plans.

Also Hull City staying up will help.

darran1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

That's how I read it mate.
Don't renew Manga and he'll have a few bob more. It'll be fine. I have a feeling. I'm not Tan brigade but the CCFC brigade :bluescarf:

darran1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

If Warnock stays he is going to have to do a bit of wheeling and dealing. Pretty obvious that Dalman is warning us not to expect too much. As I have said plenty of times, this club has to operate within it's means, and Tan is trying to reduce the debt, not add to it.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Ryan, Always suddenly a problem when it suits them.
Yet when they want to spend big wages on players the Committee like,they suddenly pay the high wages.

I still think he will be backed though. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I reckon he will be backed with as muck as FFP rules will allow. I think NW will b ok with that. He's asked for £5 -6 million, I reckon he'll be here next season with £4 - 5 million.
Villa sniffing is complete paper talk - nowt concrete in that report. Lazy journalism at its best.

Although there will be others clubs looking at him I've said right from the start that I think he'll be here next season. Let's hope we're right.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Christ, half of you want a seat on Tans private plane and listen in to the phone calls !!!!!

You never announce to the world you have a kitty of X amount, you publicly plead poverty and quietly go about your business.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Like the many posts regarding the backing of NW it's open to interpretation as to what dalman said and usual suspects make it a negative outlook!! But guess to them ffp as nothing to do with what kind budget NW has and we are okay to spend spend spend? Dalman was asked question he answered it but think he should have lied then people would be happy! :old:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Tan needs to go and take his cronies with him