BREAKING NEWS & TERRIBLE NEWS ON RHYS HEALEY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:02 pm

' UPDATED ' RHYS HEALEY OUT FOR MORE THAN NINE MONTHS :shock: :shock:

Cardiff City Rhys Healey sidelined for 'at least nine months' after horrendous double ligament injury

Rhys Healey's season has been left in tatters with Neil Warnock fearing Cardiff City's rookie striker is facing at least nine months out after a double knee ligament injury.

Healey went down in agony after his studs appeared to catch in the turf after a surge into the Rotherham box in the first-half of the Bluebirds' thumping 5-0 win over the Millers.

And the 22-year-old – making his first league start at Cardiff City Stadium – covered his face with his shirt as he coped with the pain from the innocuous looking incident.

Warnock will now wait for details of a scan on Monday to see the full extent of the damage to the former Newport County loan star's left knee.

But he said initial prognosis suggested the striker had damaged both the cruciate and anterior ligaments, meaning it could be “at least” a nine-month recovery.

Warnock said: “Even with the result, Rhys' injury soured everything because we think he's done both ligaments. He's gone for another scan but it would be a major blow.

“He's done so well for us, given us a new lease of life with that goal against Burton and winning the penalty the other night and it's so disappointing to see him miss out with a nothing injury because his studs got caught in the turf.

“We'll know for sure next week but if it is both ligaments it will be nine months if he's lucky. It's disappointing to say the least.”

' All The Best Rhys Healey '

Striker Rhys Healey had to have 5mins of treatment and was stretchered off in the first-half v Rotherham today.

There was a big Applause from stands as Healey was led away, shirt over his face. Looks like left leg in the strapping. Warnock broke away from game to have words with the youngster as the stretcher heads into the tunnel.
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Rotherham-United.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Rotherham-United.jpg (41.33 KiB) Viewed 6973 times
C49ZjNgWAAIHOS-.jpg
C49ZjNgWAAIHOS-.jpg (107.81 KiB) Viewed 8855 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' All The Best Rhys Healey '

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Looked like his studs got stuck in ground as hr tried to flick his leg inside and twist off. Looked nasty
gwentbluebirds

Postby nigelelec » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Get better quickly , we need you .
nigelelec

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Hope its not serious we are short of numbers as it is.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope its not serious we are short of numbers as it is.

I really hope not as well Ryan, for Healey and as you just said we are very short on numbers.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BlakeCCFC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Get well soon Rhys! Fingers crossed it's not too serious!
Port Talbot Bluebirds
BlakeCCFC

Postby Cardiffforever » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Hope not to bad :bluebird: :bluebird:
Cardiffforever

Postby Dessy1927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:53 pm

I'd be gutted for the lad he's started getting games and looked promising. Let's hope it's nothing serious. Get well soon Rhys
Dessy1927

Postby NyeBluebird » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Would be very surprised if it wasn't an ACL tear.
NyeBluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:16 pm

He could be out to 9 months for double ligament. :(
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Re: BREAKING NEWS & TERRIBLE NEWS ON RHYS HEALEY

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

' UPDATED ' RHYS HEALEY OUT FOR MORE THAN NINE MONTHS :shock: :shock:

Cardiff City Rhys Healey sidelined for 'at least nine months' after horrendous double ligament injury

Rhys Healey's season has been left in tatters with Neil Warnock fearing Cardiff City's rookie striker is facing at least nine months out after a double knee ligament injury.

Healey went down in agony after his studs appeared to catch in the turf after a surge into the Rotherham box in the first-half of the Bluebirds' thumping 5-0 win over the Millers.

And the 22-year-old – making his first league start at Cardiff City Stadium – covered his face with his shirt as he coped with the pain from the innocuous looking incident.

Warnock will now wait for details of a scan on Monday to see the full extent of the damage to the former Newport County loan star's left knee.

Rhys Healey of Cardiff City is stretchered from the pitch after he picks up injury (Photo: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
But he said initial prognosis suggested the striker had damaged both the cruciate and anterior ligaments, meaning it could be “at least” a nine-month recovery.

Warnock said: “Even with the result, Rhys' injury soured everything because we think he's done both ligaments. He's gone for another scan but it would be a major blow.

“He's done so well for us, given us a new lease of life with that goal against Burton and winning the penalty the other night and it's so disappointing to see him miss out with a nothing injury because his studs got caught in the turf.

“We'll know for sure next week but if it is both ligaments it will be nine months if he's lucky. It's disappointing to say the least.”
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Rotherham-United.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Rotherham-United.jpg (41.33 KiB) Viewed 6964 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Nuclearblue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Absolutely gutted for the Lad. And wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him in a City shirt again.
And yes it has soured the win today. :(
Nuclearblue

Postby Gaynor Straight » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:57 pm

I was in the family stand and was right in line and saw his knee buckle and bend sideways
Was horrible to see.
Gaynor Straight

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Terrible news for him and the club and hope its not as serious as first thought - he's taken his chance really well and will develop into a very decent player for us. These sort of injuries from innocuous looking incidents are very much on the increase and suggest to me that the modern boots with their blades or plastic studs and maybe the pitches too are a very big part of the problem. There was a player from Osasuna whose leg snapped in half last week and he was barely touched. Anyone know if there is a proven link?
Bluebird For Life

Postby Blue_Barber » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:07 pm

He was in floods of tears on that stretcher, he only pulled his top down when Warnock came over to him and said something. Poor lad, didnt look to bad either and just got his chance to show what he can do.

come back stronger Rhys!
:bluebird: :bluescarf:
Blue_Barber

Postby TaffEmbankment » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:35 pm

No sure if many people noticed, but the only person to give a flying toss about healy was gunnarson. He sprinted about 100 meters to go to his aid. Not one bit of concern from the rest of the boys, including the 'captain' morrison.

The sooner gunnarson gets captaincy the better- imo
TaffEmbankment

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Happened right in front of us and you could see it was serious from the off. Gutted for him and I hope he has a speedy recovery and his career is back on track as soon as possible.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Blue_Barber » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:No sure if many people noticed, but the only person to give a flying toss about healy was gunnarson. He sprinted about 100 meters to go to his aid. Not one bit of concern from the rest of the boys, including the 'captain' morrison.

i said exactly the same thing to the people i was with!

shocking really, but then if it was bad would you want your players soaking that in?? i would have expected the captain to have been with him though
Blue_Barber

Postby Nuclearblue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:47 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:No sure if many people noticed, but the only person to give a flying toss about healy was gunnarson. He sprinted about 100 meters to go to his aid. Not one bit of concern from the rest of the boys, including the 'captain' morrison.

Agreed with that Chief. Morrison is playing quite well IMO he just ain't captain material.
Nuclearblue

Postby NyeBluebird » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Get a grip, the players were focused on the ball in play. Gunnarsson didn't "sprint about 100 meters", he pointed to the ref to try and get play stopped as he could see Healey in his line of vision. It's not the players job to assist injured players, and are often told to "give injured players space" anyway.

As for your 'captain' Morrison comments, I think you underestimate how much he does as captain. Just because he doesn't wave his arms around like Bamba or shout like Gunnarsson doesn't mean he does nothing. Maybe against Fulham you should keep a close eye on Morrison and watch what he actually does as captain.
NyeBluebird

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Devastated for him.

Don't want to think about what long term damage this has caused for him.
Bakedalasker

Postby Nickoblue23 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Absolutely gutted for him. It was just starting to take off after coming from the Welsh league and waiting for his chance in the 21s. I have everything crossed for him because some players never make it back after one ligament injury never mind both of them!!! Good luck Rhys
Nickoblue23

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:41 pm

It happened in front of us and was absolutely horrid. I really feel for the boy, as it was so obviously a bad injury from the moment he went down. No writhing or screaming; just a look of anguish and pain in the knowledge he'd done something serious :(

We discussed how it had actually occurred, as it looked pretty innocuous and (as if it could be a positive?) also how we 'hoped' it was a broken leg rather than ligament or similar damage, as that may heal quicker and be less problematic :(

Good luck and a speedy recovery, Rhys Healey. You still have a long career ahead of you! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :clap:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Gutted for him, hope it's no where near as long out !!!!

He would have had his chance now until the next of the season terrible bad luck for him.....
Bluebina

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Out of contract isn't he end of season could be the last we see of him shame was looking a decent player at this level
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby TaffEmbankment » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:37 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:

Get a grip, the players were focused on the ball in play. Gunnarsson didn't "sprint about 100 meters", he pointed to the ref to try and get play stopped as he could see Healey in his line of vision. It's not the players job to assist injured players, and are often told to "give injured players space" anyway.

As for your 'captain' Morrison comments, I think you underestimate how much he does as captain. Just because he doesn't wave his arms around like Bamba or shout like Gunnarsson doesn't mean he does nothing. Maybe against Fulham you should keep a close eye on Morrison and watch what he actually does as captain.

Chill out pal just expressing my views.

I've heard morrison is good in the dressing room as captain but in my opinion its on the pitch where it matters for me and, i struggle to see his leadership skills over the 90 mins :ayatollah:

Not suggetsing changing the captain halfway through the season but surely a club captain/ match captain roll for both would be a good option for the summer? Bit like bellamy/hudson was.
TaffEmbankment

Postby bluespeers » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:39 am

Gutted for him, he has really come of age for us recently, breath of fresh air, get soon Rhys :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Return to General Chat