Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY FANS TODAY '

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Cardiff City fans today :bluescarf:

Cardiff City are Currently the in form team of the Championship in 2017.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY FANS TODAY '

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Disappointed that only 15,600 turned up today after 2 brilliant away wins.
Also surprised to see so many people leaving with 15 mins to play.
Come on support the boy's and stay to applaud a great performance.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Briwnantbluebird wrote:Disappointed that only 15,600 turned up today after 2 brilliant away wins.

Don't see why?
There seemed quite a few more there today than usual. It's about right for our club at the moment. Just because we've had a couple of good wins doesn't mean thousands and thousands are suddenly going to turn up to watch us as a mid table team.
I know our club only too well.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:45 pm

I am glad i signed in today, i wouldn't want the self elected attendance police to call

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:46 pm

The big crowds will only come back when we are challenging for promotion sadly

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:48 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Briwnantbluebird wrote:Disappointed that only 15,600 turned up today after 2 brilliant away wins.

Don't see why?
There seemed quite a few more there today than usual. It's about right for our club at the moment. Just because we've had a couple of good wins doesn't mean thousands and thousands are suddenly going to turn up to watch us as a mid table team.
I know our club only too well.

They'll turn up in their thousands however if:-

The tickets are free like at the end of last season
We draw a club they've heard of (Man U or Liverpool) in a cup game.
We look like we are going to be promoted.

Otherwise the crowd will never really vary.

I bet even Vinnie would turn up if we drew his beloved Man U!

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Good decent crowd factoring in Rotherham only had a 100 or so, you 200 at a push.

Good atmosphere towards the end aswell with the Warnock chants.

Just got in and am buzzing yet people still want to find things to moan about

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:28 pm

i upgraded to the Sytner Lounge today, wasnt to bad - i thought the crowd were great all around- Neil Warnock going red as the crowd sang his name first time around was my highlight!

i dont care about others - its their choice - but i so far have had an excellent season!! what a rollercoaster! :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Why do fans moan about others who leave early?

Firstly it is none of your business what time another fan decides to leave the stadium :roll: Many fans have good reason to leave early and you shouldn't be so bloody judgemental.

Secondly at least those early leavers have turned up in the first place which more than can be said of 12000 other fans who have gone missing since the PL days.

Finally it is not fans leaving early which annoys me it's those who turn up 15 minutes late and get in the way when I'm trying to enjoy the game.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:Good decent crowd factoring in Rotherham only had a 100 or so, you 200 at a push.

same here.really enjoyed.

good point about the away fans. a reluctance to visit the CCS costs us about 800 on the gate. and over 500k a year in revenue compared to the average away turn out across the division.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Good decent crowd factoring in Rotherham only had a 100 or so, you 200 at a push.

same here.really enjoyed.

good point about the away fans. a reluctance to visit the CCS costs us about 800 on the gate. and over 500k a year in revenue compared to the average away turn out across the division.

Exactly mate, we had 15,901 at the Norwich game and it was reported that Norwich had 1,100 fans so that's 14,801 home fans vs Norwich and today we had 15,650 with a reported 167 from Rotherham so 15,483 home fans.

So we have put 682 extra home fans on the gate since the last home game and that is against Rotherham who with all due respect were never going to be one of the more glamorous teams that will attract our floating fans so all in all I think it's great and a step in the right direction and it's not even that cheap as I have mates who bought tickets online this morning and with the booking fee's it cost them £26 to sit in the Ninian Stand :thumbup: :bluescarf:

In regards to the away fans you are spot on aswell, teams in the Midland and up North take thousands to each other but rarely come here.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:i upgraded to the Sytner Lounge today, wasnt to bad - i thought the crowd were great all around- Neil Warnock going red as the crowd sang his name first time around was my highlight!

i dont care about others - its their choice - but i so far have had an excellent season!! what a rollercoaster! :bluescarf:

Spot on :thumbup:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:22 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:i upgraded to the Sytner Lounge today, wasnt to bad - i thought the crowd were great all around- Neil Warnock going red as the crowd sang his name first time around was my highlight!

Spot on :thumbup:

Those who could and wanted to be there were there - that is what matters :bluescarf: