IS IT TIME FOR THE CLUB TO PUT AWAY TICKETS ON GENERAL SALE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby adamt958 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 pm

I do know the reasons that the away memberships were originally brought in BUT, 90% of grounds allow pay on the day & anyone can do that.

My mates a city fan in university in Nottingham, and they said about how they got forest away tickets at newcastle on general sale when he went up with his uni mates for the weekend.

Would this make a dramatic increase to ticket sales?

Maybe let away members and ST holders get first dibs, then they go on general sale after this on the week of the game.
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
adamt958

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: IS IT TIME FOR THE CLUB TO PUT AWAY TICKETS ON GENERAL S

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 pm

adamt958 wrote:I do know the reasons that the away memberships were originally brought in BUT, 90% of grounds allow pay on the day & anyone can do that.

My mates a city fan in university in Nottingham, and they said about how they got forest away tickets at newcastle on general sale when he went up with his uni mates for the weekend.

Maybe let away members and ST holders get first dibs, then they go on general sale after this on the week of the game.

Adam, It would def help. although for the last two seasons, our fans have been able to pay on the gate at 95% of away grounds we have visited :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby AfanBluebird » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 pm

How many times have we seen people looking for fan numbers. I understand for the big games like Bristol & Newcastle, memberships are needed (or just a fan number to check loyalty). But it is off putting for those who haven't got membership.
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.’
Bill Shankly
AfanBluebird

Postby adamt958 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
adamt958 wrote:I do know the reasons that the away memberships were originally brought in BUT, 90% of grounds allow pay on the day & anyone can do that.

Adam, It would def help. although for the last two seasons, our fans have been able to pay on the gate at 95% of away grounds we have visited :thumbright: :bluebird:

That's what I thought, but a lot of friends of mine anyway, don't like travelling without tickets just incase. I can imagine they aren't the only ones.
adamt958

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:19 pm

adamt958 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's what I thought, but a lot of friends of mine anyway, don't like travelling without tickets just incase. I can imagine they aren't the only ones.

Adam, your right that's been the put of for many as they never know until the last minute if the club they are visiting will allow pay on the day.

But City like the membership fees.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby adamt958 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
adamt958 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Adam, your right that's been the put of for many as they never know until the last minute if the club they are visiting will allow pay on the day.

The club can still have the membership though, but maybe, for the week before an away game then put it on general sale, maybe with a £2 General Sale fee or something, they will still get money for it that way. Our away support isn't improving although the team is, and its a worry. Last season we were in a play off race and still couldn't fill the majority of grounds. we only took 1k to MK Dons when everyone else took 3 or 4 thousand because the majority of these other clubs allow general sale on away tickets.
adamt958

Postby troobloo3339 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Think you might find that pay on the day prices go up anyway
Derby charged £27.50 for the £25.50 adult ticket
I had a spare adult ticket that only cost £20.50 as I bought 4 and got 20% discount
I sold it up there for £20 to one of our fans
Think the club should put them out for general sale straight away when we get good allocations that are not going to sell out
troobloo3339

Postby dogfound » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

although your right about 95% pay on the gate its also treated as TOP SECRET until the day of or day before a game.
gone are leaving the decision to the day of the game or the night before something i used to do quite often. now ive been conditioned into making a decision then putting it out of my mind.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm 100% behind this. As should every fan be. The problem is with pay on the gate we don't find out sometimes untill the day before and people need to plan their trips it's ridiculous. Those who don't have season tickets are basically just being charged for the novelty of going away before they even buy their first ticket. It's a pointless scheme with no benefits to fans.
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:50 pm

adamt958 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
adamt958 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The club can still have the membership though, but maybe, for the week before an away game then put it on general sale, maybe with a £2 General Sale fee or something, they will still get money for it that way. Our away support isn't improving although the team is, and its a worry. Last season we were in a play off race and still couldn't fill the majority of grounds. we only took 1k to MK Dons when everyone else took 3 or 4 thousand because the majority of these other clubs allow general sale on away tickets.

The club shouldn't be charging ANY extra on away tickets. Football costs enough as it is.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 pm

No need for membership any big games or restricted allocated games can be prioritised for ST holders 1st :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Slightly off-topic, but I think with home games, there should definitely be one or two turnstiles where home fans can just pay on the day. I know plenty of people who play football on Sat afternoons, their games get cancelled, they want to come and watch us. They can't just turn up and pay, or can they?
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:25 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Slightly off-topic, but I think with home games, there should definitely be one or two turnstiles where home fans can just pay on the day. I know plenty of people who play football on Sat afternoons, their games get cancelled, they want to come and watch us. They can't just turn up and pay, or can they?

Yes can pay on day at city :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby RV Casual » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 pm

100%, it should have been relaxed last season.

The ticket office actually refused to sell me an extra ticket for Burnley away mid-week last season, and we only took 300, my mate (an exile) paid on the day in the end but we didn't know that would be a possibility until the day.

I have mates that would have gone to Reading if they could have got tickets, by the time they decided to make it POTD most had made other plans.
RV Casual

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:35 pm

RV Casual wrote:100%, it should have been relaxed last season.

The ticket office actually refused to sell me an extra ticket for Burnley away mid-week last season, and we only took 300, my mate (an exile) paid on the day in the end but we didn't know that would be a possibility until the day.

I have mates that would have gone to Reading if they could have got tickets, by the time they decided to make it POTD most had made other plans.

With you 100% :thumbright: :thumbright: theres no need for it anymore, we let all clubs do the same when they come to us,unless they sell out first.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:Slightly off-topic, but I think with home games, there should definitely be one or two turnstiles where home fans can just pay on the day. I know plenty of people who play football on Sat afternoons, their games get cancelled, they want to come and watch us. They can't just turn up and pay, or can they?

You can just go to a turnstile and pay, are you sure?
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Lawnmower » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:23 pm

I'd say the scheme has achieved what it was put in place for and now would be s good time to at least trial working without it.
I run coaches to a lot of always and the membership scheme makes for extra work for us all as well as putting off casual fans and ones who make their minds up late on
Lawnmower

Postby nubbsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yeah, you just go to the ticket office on the day of the game and grab a ticket.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:41 pm

nubbsy wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yeah, you just go to the ticket office on the day of the game and grab a ticket.

Allow as much time as possible as may miss KO :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby jackland_bluebird » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:57 pm

You don't need to go to the ticket office if you're paying on the day. Half the collections both is set aside for cash match day sales. Only need ticket office to pay by card as far as I'm aware.
Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth, Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
jackland_bluebird

Postby Bluemellons » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm

You can buy tickets for every home game from the red ticket booth at the back of the Canton stand.
The lhs is for sales on the day and the rhs is for collections.
Only downside is its cash only. No card payments :thumbup:
Bluemellons

Postby rhondda 1015 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:11 am

nubbsy wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Thanks for that, so you CAN'T just pay at the turnstile on the day. I still think this something the Club should look into.

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Northwest_Bluebird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:57 am

Scheme is needed. I am an away member. With no scheme how would games like brentford away, Burton etc be sorted. These were based on number of games attended as it was a reduced allocation. Why should someone who wants to go to a popular away game like Burton but goes hardly away get a ticket ahead of me who does most away games.
Northwest_Bluebird

Postby epping blue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Northwest_Bluebird wrote:Scheme is needed. I am an away member. With no scheme how would games like brentford away, Burton etc be sorted. These were based on number of games attended as it was a reduced allocation. Why should someone who wants to go to a popular away game like Burton but goes hardly away get a ticket ahead of me who does most away games.

They could still have the scheme for priority when required. But tickets left over go could on general sale a week before the game. It would really help with away attendance I think.
epping blue

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Northwest_Bluebird wrote:Scheme is needed. I am an away member. With no scheme how would games like brentford away, Burton etc be sorted. These were based on number of games attended as it was a reduced allocation. Why should someone who wants to go to a popular away game like Burton but goes hardly away get a ticket ahead of me who does most away games.

The scheme wasn't really needed for those two games as neither sold out, Brentford not even close, but I do see where your coming from.

The thing is, the second you buy a ticket the Club have your name and address so they know who has been where and if instances do arise where they need to do it on a priority basis then they still could.

Even have a membership if that's what people want but just charge a £5 for it and give a card. There's no need to go asking people to pay £20 for a membership for the privileged to buy tickets to support their club away from home when its expensive enough as it is, its just another reason fans will feel ripped off and is a complete liberty IMO.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:30 pm

epping blue wrote:

They could still have the scheme for priority when required. But tickets left over go could on general sale a week before the game. It would really help with away attendance I think.

Good idea that mate :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 am

my views are.
should keep the membership but at no more than £10 for adults offering a £2 discount on home tickets.
that way you go 5 times its cost nothing.
giving members loyalty points for both home and away tickets bought.

should also be over a 3 or 5 year period allowing for times when very good fans just cant go. these schemes work elsewhere.
dont see anything wrong with selling to members/ST holders wk1 then public wk2

to me this ensures all bases are covered any big games {not that we get many }the most loyal get loooked after. which hasnt always been the case.
but also easier for the casual fans to decide they fancy an away day.
dogfound

Return to General Chat