Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' LATEST NEWS: CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM ' MATCH THREAD

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 am

NEIL WARNOCK: "WE'VE BEEN VERY GOOD OF LATE"

"I said to the lads straight after the game on Tuesday that Saturday's game will be difficult.”

BY CARDIFF CITY FC

Saturday 18th February 2017

Saturday sees the visit of Rotherham United to the Welsh capital, and having spent the latter stages of last season at the New York Stadium, Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock revealed his memories of the Millers to the press and media.

“I've been in that camp, and I know how difficult it will be," Neil began. "They were fantastic, to do what we did last year, one of the best achievements in my career. Everybody had written us off, and I looked forward to the challenge.

"There won't be a lack of effort. But I’m hoping we can create chances at home like we have been away from home. To score six goals, and with shots and crosses in the box, we've been very good of late.

“It's one that we've got to try and win. If you look at their results, they haven't lost by more than one goal except away at Newcastle, so it is a difficult game tomorrow.

"I said to the lads straight after the game on Tuesday that Saturday's game will be difficult.”

After two fantastic away victories at Leeds and Derby, the gaffer talked about the increased confidence throughout the team, and how he hopes our current run of good form will continue tomorrow.

“I don't think anyone's outplayed us since I’ve been here. I'm in a very fortunate situation, not just me but Kevin (Blackwell) and Ronnie (Jepson) who have been amazing.

"The belief when you start getting wins is natural. Players don't think twice, and are a yard quicker in their thoughts. You do things spontaneously when you're winning.

"That's why the fans on Saturday are going to be vital, because we'll need them when we're not playing so well during the game. The last few away games they've been brilliant really, and we've responded to that.”

Warnock concluded: “We’ve just got to believe in what we do really, and when the players get into what you’re doing, it’s a fabulous thing.

"To sit down in the dressing room after the last two games, against two good teams, I’m like an old father, proud of my kids.

"We’re going to have disappointments, because that’s the state of the Championship, but it’s how you overcome them which is important.

"For Cardiff fans to go home, having seen a performance and effort from their team, and to be talking positively about the club again, that's very important for me. I’m not sure I’m doing the Ayatollah right yet, but I’m working on it!”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 am

If we can get an early goal we can smash these 4-0 :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Rotherham TEAM v @CardiffCityFC | O'Donnell; Kelly, Ekstrand, Wood, Purrington; Smallwood; Taylor, Vaulks, Newell, Mattock; Blackstock.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Team news

McGregor, Connolly, Morrison, Bamba, Richars, Ralls, Gunnarson, Harris, Noone, Zohore, Healey.

Re: ' MATCH THREAD: CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM ' MATCH THREAD

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Subs: Murphy, Bennett, John, Halford, Whittingham, Hoilett, Pilkington

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Filling up

The Bluebirds faithful are filing into their seats now. The pre-match music is blaring and we’re almost ready now.

Hopefully a big crowd :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:00 pm

The pre-match handshakes are exchanged and we are ready for action here in Wales

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:03 pm

About 150 Rotherham fans here today for a team looking like being relegated already

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Cardiff City facing a very defensive-looking Millers outfit here

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Sean Morrison receiving treatment - took a heavy blow to the face while trying to attack Gunnarsson's long throw. (0-0)

Hes ok now :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Millers sitting deep

An extended period of possession for Cardiff, with Ralls and Harris trying to get on the ball.

Rotherham aren’t coming at the Bluebirds in the same way Leeds and Derby did.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Yes

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Kadeem Harris hell of a goal 1-0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:12 pm

Harris!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Kadeem on fire

So that Harris curling effort will force Rotherham to come out of their shells. Kadeem is on his bike again, running at Kelly, but the Rotherham defender gets a foot in to halt the Cardiff counter attack.

This time last week, Kadeem Harris had made 40 Cardiff apps scoring two goals. Now five in 42. First league goal at Cardiff City Stadium too.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Its All City now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:18 pm

A ball is launched into the box towards Morrison who rises to meet it, but clatters O'Donnell in the process for an #rufc free kick.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Good spell

A little bit ponderous from Cardiff, but they’re making steady inroads. Ralls plays a give-and-go with Harris and drives forward, wins it back, and Noone’s left-footed cross is cleared by the visitors.

Zohore is then flagged for offside.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Noone checks inside onto his left foot and delivers a cross which Wood gets up to meet in his own area.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Taylor breaks in behind City's defence, but he's flagged offside. (1-0)

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Luck

Very ambitious from Joe Ralls, trying his luck from range without success.

Looks like young striker Jerry Yates is warming up for Rotherham. Could be an injury problem.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Extended period of pressure for the Bluebirds

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Smallwood charges forward to make some ground in the #ccfc half for #rufc but his threaded pass for Taylor is well cut-out.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Noone looking good

More fluent interplay from Cardiff, as Noone releases Zohore and gets it back.

Cardiff throw-in, within Gunnarsson territory.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Milers come forward

Sol Bamba grimacing after taking a hefty blow. He’s made of strong stuff though.

Goalscorer Harris then squanders possession as the Millers flood forward thanks to good play from Vaulks.

Noone gets it wide on the right but once again comes onto his favoured left and delivers a cross which Ekstrand heads behind for a corner

Kadeem is looking VERY dangerous on the wing

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:27 pm

More even now

Rotherham are leaving a few more gaps now. as Cardiff win a corner, taken by Noone.

Jazz Richards beaten to it by Taylor but Bamba - always - is there. Rotherham showing a few glimpses of quality.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Taylor shows good strength and balance to break free of two challenges and sprays a ball out to Mattock on the right who can't reach it.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Wood denies Cardiff a certain goal at the other end with a sliding intervention on the line with Ralls waiting to tap it in