NEIL WARNOCK: "ITS NOT WORKING TANS TRANSFER COMMITTEE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:45 pm

' UPDATED '

NEIL WARNOCK: "ITS NOT WORKING TANS TRANSFER COMMITTEE"

By Chris Wathan

Saturday 4th February 2017

Neil Warnock has hinted he wants Cardiff City to ditch their transfer committee after asking owner Vincent Tan to trust him when it comes to summer spending.

It sees owner Vincent Tan, chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo involved in agreeing on plans and pushes for players, along with the manager.

Ken Choo, Vincent Tan and Mehmet Dalman are all involved in transfer plans

The notion was set up in the aftermath of the transfer tension between Tan and former boss Malky Mackay, yet has not stopped a number of misses in the market.

But Warnock believes it is not solving Cardiff's issues on the field – and is hoping to earn the trust of Tan and other club chiefs to take more of the responsibility when it comes to signings.

“I speak to Mehmet quite a lot, I spoke to Vincent on Thursday so we do talk a lot and catch up,” said Warnock

“But I think there's probably got to be more put into my court on the football side of things. In the past you had to go around a number of people before you can sign somebody and in that space of time you lose transfer targets. We have to have more planning about how to take things further forward. I want to show them they can trust me to do what I can do on the football side.”

This transfer committee has been in place under the last three previous Cardiff City managers and Warnock believes by the time they get back to him the player has gone,"its not been working and it did not work in the January transfer said Warnock."

BREAKING NEWS " NEIL WARNOCK TODAY SAYS EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS "

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/0 ... -he-wants/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

NEIL WARNOCK:"I WANT TO BE TRUSTED/I DONT NEED MUCH MONEY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/0 ... -he-wants/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock today revealed that Cardiff City did not spend any money on transfer fees in the January transfers.

Warnock revealed that he wants to show that he can be trusted by the people above him at Cardiff City and that he can be left on his own to get on with the recruitment side of things.

"I know how to work with in budgets"
He said he did not want to be critical, "but what's been in place for the last few seasons hasn't worked has it - apparently we still have a "commitment" to players long since gone from the club. We need to have a plan that we stick to rather than constant changes of mind."

Warnock also said "I am not asking for budgets like Newcastle,Villa Brighton or even clubs like Norwich, I don't need to spend the money they all spend"

Warnock: "I hope to have enough to get the three or four players i think we need in early, so that they are with us for pre season training.

Warnock "We mostly either score penalties or great goals - we don't get enough of the type of goal Kadeem Harris scored away at Bristol. "I need another striker and a winger with pace and i need to have them in early"

Attachments
Ken-ChooJPG.jpg
Ken-ChooJPG.jpg (40.22 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
JS102590312-2-2.jpg
JS102590312-2-2.jpg (74.06 KiB) Viewed 5698 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK TODAY SAYS EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS "

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Personally I don't think Neil Warnock is asking for that much and should !00% be backed by Vincent Tan this Summer :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Surely even the biggest Tan followers must admit,we have to back Warnock and give it ago after what he has already achieved and his proven record?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:54 pm

I wonder if he'll go back in for Hays.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Give Warnock 3 million quid and he will deliver the play offs. That is my non-expert opinion.

If Warnock is backed then crowds will return as people want winning football. Play offs would lead to increased revenue from gates, TV and merchandising. Tan would not lose any money by backing Warnock.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I don't think Neil Warnock is asking for that much and should !00% be backed by Vincent Tan this Summer :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Surely even the biggest Tan followers must admit,we have to back Warnock and give it ago after what he has already achieved and his proven record?

Agreed, as long as we are emerging from the FFP nightmare we got ourselves into, this summer is probably VTs biggest chance of getting back to the big time and a return on his money :thumbup:
piledriver64

Postby Danny Says » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I wonder if he'll go back in for Hays.

Get him for a song in the summer.
Danny Says

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:13 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Personally I don't think Neil Warnock is asking for that much and should !00% be backed by Vincent Tan this Summer :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Agreed, as long as we are emerging from the FFP nightmare we got ourselves into, this summer is probably VTs biggest chance of getting back to the big time and a return on his money :thumbup:

I honestly think we are using that as excuse sometimes when it suits our club.

We gave Lambert a big signing on fee and £25,000 a week wages and done our money.
We bought Lex Immers and done our money.
We give Ben amos £16,000 a week to watch Cardiff City from the stands.
Emyr Hughes now out on loan, we could go on and on.

We have got rid of 10 DVP players saving more than fans realise.
We brought in money for Fabio and Marshall.

Warnock sent 6 players out on loan.

Warnock intends to get rid of at least 10 players in June, so there should be NO more bullshit :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby cardiffblue74 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

We gave Lambert a big signing on fee and £25,000 a week wages and done our money.

Warnock intends to get rid of at least 10 players in June, so there should be NO more bullshit :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Totally agree, the financial fair play line only comes out when in suits. I am excited for the rest of the season as Warnock will keep the neclus of a squad and then get the rest pre season. That way we can hit the ground running next season unlike the disaster we had this year.

I haven't felt this positive about the club since Makly took us up to the premiership.
cardiffblue74

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:28 pm

cardiffblue74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Totally agree, the financial fair play line only comes out when in suits. I am excited for the rest of the season as Warnock will keep the neclus of a squad and then get the rest pre season. That way we can hit the ground running next season unlike the disaster we had this year.

I haven't felt this positive about the club since Makly took us up to the premiership.

Same here :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Well summed up.

If the club doesn't keep him and back him for next season after that statement he's just made then we may as all give up!
Most posters on here seem to think he'll be gone in May.
Personally, as I've said previously, I think he will be with us next season.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Reza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Hopefully he stays, surely tan can see he's the best manager he's had and with whats a far less talented squad than previous managers have had,he's let warnock restructure the club he should be getting warnock to stay next yr then when he's ready move up stairs cos he knows how a club is run unlike everyone else at the club
Always be blue
Reza

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:54 pm

I agree he should be backed, there is no reason why he shouldn't but I feel like there has been a bit of a mislead in it all like it's being made out Warnock can't be trusted which it's nothing to do with that it's just the funds ain't there.

We have to remember people like Ole and Malky did ruin this club financially and it's taken some time to recover from it.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: "ITS NOT WORKING TANS TRANSFER COMMITTEE "

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:11 am

' UPDATED '

By Chris Wathan

Neil Warnock has hinted he wants Cardiff City to ditch their transfer committee after asking owner Vincent Tan to trust him when it comes to summer spending.

It sees owner Vincent Tan, chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo involved in agreeing on plans and pushes for players, along with the manager.

The notion was set up in the aftermath of the transfer tension between Tan and former boss Malky Mackay, yet has not stopped a number of misses in the market.

But Warnock believes it is not solving Cardiff's issues on the field – and is hoping to earn the trust of Tan and other club chiefs to take more of the responsibility when it comes to signings.

“I speak to Mehmet quite a lot, I spoke to Vincent on Thursday so we do talk a lot and catch up,” said Warnock

“But I think there's probably got to be more put into my court on the football side of things. In the past you had to go around a number of people before you can sign somebody and in that space of time you lose transfer targets. We have to have more planning about how to take things further forward. I want to show them they can trust me to do what I can do on the football side.”

This transfer committee has been in place under the last three previous Cardiff City managers and Warnock believes by the time they get back to him the player has gone,"its not been working and it did not work in the January transfer said Warnock."
Attachments
Ken-ChooJPG.jpg
Ken-ChooJPG.jpg (40.22 KiB) Viewed 3400 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby davids » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:44 am

No chance that Tan will allow Warnock to decide on the transfers himself.

Tan will never again allow any manager the free reign he gave to Malky and Ole and I'm getting a bit worried that most of Warnock's comments recently tend to suggest that there will be a vast difference of approach between what Warnock wants and what Tan is willing to do come the summer.

Hopefully they can come to a compromise but these are two strong minded, opinionated men and I can see a conflict brewing which won't end well.
davids

Postby RageJon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:' UPDATED '

By Chris Wathan

BREAKING NEWS " NEIL WARNOCK TODAY SAYS EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS "

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/02/0 ... -he-wants/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

NEIL WARNOCK:"I WANT TO BE TRUSTED/I DONT NEED MUCH MONEY"

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock today revealed that Cardiff City did not spend any money on transfer fees in the January transfers.

Warnock revealed that he wants to show that he can be trusted by the people above him at Cardiff City and that he can be left on his own to get on with the recruitment side of things.

"I know how to work with in budgets"
He said he did not want to be critical, "but what's been in place for the last few seasons hasn't worked has it - apparently we still have a "commitment" to players long since gone from the club. We need to have a plan that we stick to rather than constant changes of mind."

Warnock also said "I am not asking for budgets like Newcastle,Villa Brighton or even clubs like Norwich, I don't need to spend the money they all spend"

Warnock: "I hope to have enough to get the three or four players i think we need in early, so that they are with us for pre season training.

Warnock "We mostly either score penalties or great goals - we don't get enough of the type of goal Kadeem Harris scored away at Bristol. "I need another striker and a winger with pace and i need to have them in early"

This has to happen otherwise warnock is another supervisor !

And no dout will jack it in.

I put this question across the other day and as usual no reply
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby RageJon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 am

davids wrote:No chance that Tan will allow Warnock to decide on the transfers himself.

Tan will never again allow any manager the free reign he gave to Malky and Ole and I'm getting a bit worried that most of Warnock's comments recently tend to suggest that there will be a vast difference of approach between what Warnock wants and what Tan is willing to do come the summer.

Hopefully they can come to a compromise but these are two strong minded, opinionated men and I can see a conflict brewing which won't end well.

Tan is a business man and no dout will be cutting his nose off to spite ..

Tan said quite plainly that if we returned to blue then forget the big players !

I'm more then happy to stay in blue and expect that we won't get much
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 am

davids wrote:No chance that Tan will allow Warnock to decide on the transfers himself.

David, Warnock has stated he does not want a large budget, if we lose Warnock its back to the yes men and guaranteed relegation with the squad we will end up with.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:59 am

The ones shouting loudest for Tan to spend HIS money seem to be the same as the ones that want him gone.I suppose NW has to convince him he will not do the same as every other manager since he took over and shaft him.(with the exception of Slade)

And if Tans transfer committee is not working now how on earth would you describe whats gone on before. :shock:

For my money you'd probably have to look as far back as DJ who worked miracles compared to those that came after and with a fraction of the cash.
Sneggyblubird

Postby davids » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

David, Warnock has stated he does not want a large budget, if we lose Warnock its back to the yes men and guaranteed relegation with the squad we will end up with.

Unfortunately I agree with you completely.
davids

Postby theclaw » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Trouble is we need someone there while Neil is having his afternoon siesta on deadline day!!! :lol:
theclaw

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:51 pm

theclaw wrote:Trouble is we need someone there while Neil is having his afternoon siesta on deadline day!!! :lol:

:lol:

Or the famous Committee go missing when Warnock needs money :lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:The ones shouting loudest for Tan to spend HIS money seem to be the same as the ones that want him gone.I suppose NW has to convince him he will not do the same as every other manager since he took over and shaft him.(with the exception of Slade)

And if Tans transfer committee is not working now how on earth would you describe whats gone on before. :shock:

For my money you'd probably have to look as far back as DJ who worked miracles compared to those that came after and with a fraction of the cash.

Martin, I want Tan gone ASAP :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

But you if you were honest will admit that Warnock is not asking a lot and after all the money Tan continues to waste with his committee surely it makes sence :thumbright: :bluebird:

You never ever admit when Tan is in the wrong.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 pm

I have no doubt NW will be here next season and Vinny will back him as much as FFP will allow
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:The ones shouting loudest for Tan to spend HIS money seem to be the same as the ones that want him gone.I suppose NW has to convince him he will not do the same as every other manager since he took over and shaft him.(with the exception of Slade)

Martin, I want Tan gone ASAP :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

But you if you were honest will admit that Warnock is not asking a lot and after all the money Tan continues to waste with his committee surely it makes sence :thumbright: :bluebird:

I want him gone but do you see me shouting for him to spend? Do you bollocks.

Personally I feel the best Tan is going to get is a club stable in the championship running on its own means. By the time the parachute money stops and we have got rid of the waste created by OGS and Trollope we might become stable in operation although I think the debt vwill be there and it will be a case of Tan either writing it off before he leaves or sells the club as a major shareholder.

So back on track. The committee is not helping reduce the debt. Simple as that.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Personally I feel the best Tan is going to get is a club stable in the championship running on its own means. By the time the parachute money stops and we have got rid of the waste created by OGS and Trollope we might become stable in operation although I think the debt vwill be there and it will be a case of Tan either writing it off before he leaves or sells the club as a major shareholder.

Annis show me a man that doesn't admit to mistakes and I'll show you a liar be it you,me or Tan.I do agree with most of what you say but I'm not trying to write headlines before they happen.

Baked,back on track,the debt is being reduced,fact,simple as that.And if the transfer committee is not involved who's doing it?
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis show me a man that doesn't admit to mistakes and I'll show you a liar be it you,me or Tan.I do agree with most of what you say but I'm not trying to write headlines before they happen.

Baked,back on track,the debt is being reduced,fact,simple as that.And if the transfer committee is not involved who's doing it?

Is it being reduced?

I keep hearing Tan is still bailing us out.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Is it being reduced?

Ian, everyone is forgetting All the Sky payments Tan has received etc

I can't forgive Tan for the Rebrand as he ruined the club I loved so much,others they are not bothered, but thats up to them.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Is it being reduced?

I can't forgive Tan for the Rebrand as he ruined the club I loved so much,others they are not bothered, but thats up to them.

Annis,you seem to be forgetting it was Tan's money that put us in the Prem in the first place so I think we should factor that before judging on that score.I can't forgive the Romans for invading this country either.Bit like you I just can't move on. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Is it being reduced?

Annis,you seem to be forgetting it was Tan's money that put us in the Prem in the first place so I think we should factor that before judging on that score.I can't forgive the Romans for invading this country either.Bit like you I just can't move on. :lol:

Martin and the worst couple years of my life supporting them, now I hate the Prem and despise Red.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby The Cobra » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:53 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I agree he should be backed, there is no reason why he shouldn't but I feel like there has been a bit of a mislead in it all like it's being made out Warnock can't be trusted which it's nothing to do with that it's just the funds ain't there.

We have to remember people like Ole and Malky did ruin this club financially and it's taken some time to recover from it.

Malky Ruined this club financially! What absolute rubbish, the man after him did, Ole, Malky probably would of kept us up given the funds Ole spunked on no hopers, plus is management. Malky got us up, Ole took us down, club benifited on parachute payments from Malky,s promotion till now! Talk about blinkered vision!
The Cobra

Next

Return to General Chat