Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan will back Warnock in the summer....

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:16 pm

All a big game of chess going in with other clubs....

We have bid for 2 players who are out of contract in the summer, a striker whose club want 2.5 m & a keeper whose club won't sell, both players wages agreed and want to sign for Warnock

Existing players (3/4) will also be moved on in the summer creating additional funds for a further 2/3 players, allowing the 4 quality players to be shipped in as per NW's shopping list, he tried to do this in January but clubs have been greedy

Now lets get back to being positive!!!, get behind your team and there may well be a surprise to pop out by the end of this window :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Tan will back Warnock in the summer....

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Joey Dwyer wrote:
Joey Dwyer wrote:All a big game of chess going on with other clubs....

We have bid for 2 players who are out of contract in the summer, a striker whose club want 2.5 m & a keeper whose club won't sell, both players wages agreed and want to sign for Warnock

Existing players (3/4) will also be moved on in the summer creating additional funds for a further 2/3 players, allowing the 4 quality players to be shipped in as per NW's shopping list, he tried to do this in January but clubs have been greedy

Now lets get back to being positive!!!, get behind your team and there may well be a surprise to pop out by the end of this window :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your too positive leave the forum now :lol:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Joey Dwyer wrote:
Joey Dwyer wrote:All a big game of chess going on with other clubs....

Your too positive leave the forum now :lol:

And they call me the forum idiot
Much too positive and probably nearer the truth for this board
Good post

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:35 pm

This thread should be a sticky
But it's too positive for the agenda mods

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:44 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:This thread should be a sticky

I've got no agenda against CCFC and you can read through my posts to see that I'm mainly positive towards the club.

I'd appreciate it if you can stop accusing me of having an agenda when I've not whatsoever.

There you go, I've stickied it just for you. Enjoy.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Time will reveal all, unless your Warnock's wife or Vincento's Mam none of us can truly say what will go on, let's just hope the tides have finally turned in our favour and enjoy the rollercoaster that is Cardiff City and enjoy the thrills along the way.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:25 pm

I honestly believe Warnock will clear the decks leading up to next season and get rid of what he sees as wastage for whatever reason then bring in a few quality players without breaking the Bank and have a good go for the play offs and promotion.

Good post BTW

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:50 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:I honestly believe Warnock will clear the decks leading up to next season and get rid of what he sees as wastage for whatever reason then bring in a few quality players without breaking the Bank and have a good go for the play offs and promotion.

Good post BTW

That's how I see it, if Warnock stays? and then I believe Tan will allow him some of the money to spend.

Warnock so much wants to stay for the full two years :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:52 pm

There goes Steve again with his demands, you use to nearly cry if I never made all your topics stickies :lol:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

There goes Steve again with his demands, you use to nearly cry if I never made all your topics stickies :lol:

For a grown man Annis, I find him to be very childish. I resent the comments he made earlier without even knowing me.

I don't know if he knows the other Mods personally or not but I speak for myself when I say that. It's like me questioning his support (saying he had agendas) to which I'd never do to someone I don't even know.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

For a grown man Annis, I find him to be very childish. I resent the comments he made earlier without even knowing me.

I don't know if he knows the other Mods personally or not but I speak for myself when I say that. It's like me questioning his support (saying he had agendas) to which I'd never do to someone I don't even know.

Norms, Steve loves stirring,playing games and winding people up, sad really as he can give it, but can't take it.

He is out of order with you Norms as your 100% down the middle, unlike me 100% anti Tan, but I am and you are like me, like everyone to have opinions and respect other people's opinions even if we don't agree :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:I honestly believe Warnock will clear the decks leading up to next season and get rid of what he sees as wastage for whatever reason then bring in a few quality players without breaking the Bank and have a good go for the play offs and promotion.

Good post BTW

That's how I see it, if Warnock stays? and then I believe Tan will allow him some of the money to spend.

Warnock so much wants to stay for the full two years :thumbright: :bluebird:

That's how I see it also. VT will give NW money but if he doesn't stay then I can't see him trusting another manager. In all honesty neither would I going on some of the transfer disasters over the past few years.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Norms, Steve loves stirring,playing games and winding people up, sad really as he can give it, but can't take it.

He is out of order with you Norms as your 100% down the middle, unlike me 100% anti Tan, but I am and you are like me, like everyone to have opinions and respect other people's opinions even if we don't agree :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Exactly. :bluescarf: :thumbright:

Re: Tan will back Warnock in the summer.... ?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm no Tan supporter and I'm convinced he wants to ditch us at the earliest realistic opportunity however, if he's being cautious at the moment then rightly so in my opinion.

I'm sure Warnock was brought in to save a relegation threat and so far we've made great progress. It's only just a bit beyond halfway in the season and, fingers crossed, the threat seems to be diminishing.

I can also understand a bullish NW wanting, for him, a probable last push at promotion at what could well be his last club. However, despite his upbeat comments I think he's experienced enough to know that almost a complete overhaul of the squad would be needed and realistically it could take two to three seasons minimum. I don't think Warnock would have been too blasé with Tan and he would have given him factual information.

Nevertheless, if Warnock achieves a better than expected finish this season he may be able to convince Tan that a promotion push would be in his best interests. In which case expect a clear out of the old guard and the non achieving new guard in the summer with a slow build up of inexpensive and often rookie new talent over the next couple of seasons. Even if Warnock is made DoF, mentoring a younger manager, if he can agree a workable plan with Tan I can see him at the helm directing it.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:01 pm

norms76 wrote:

I've got no agenda against CCFC and you can read through my posts to see that I'm mainly positive towards the club.

I'd appreciate it if you can stop accusing me of having an agenda when I've not whatsoever.

when did I accuse you of having an agenda
its a pity it wasnt made a sticky by a mod before I asked for it
i didnt say all mods are agenda mods and I certianly didnt call you one
there were quite a few stickies today about tan supporting warnock all negative
then one is put up in a positive way but doesnt get stickied until I suggest it
but I do thank and commend you norms for making it a sticky , just a pity you had to spoil it by having a unwarranted go at me

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

oh come off it annis
the stickies situation on here is a joke
and I noted your :lol: at the end

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:28 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

but I do thank and commend you norms for making it a sticky , just a pity you had to spoil it by having a unwarranted go at me

When you say 'Agenda Mods' you're saying that as a collective, so means that I'm a Mod I've taken that as a dig at me. You could well have worded it a lot better if it wasn't aimed at me.

For the record I don't think any Mod as any sort of agendas, they have opinions, the same as you do and you should respect that whether you agree or not. That's what this forum is for. :thumbright:

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:47 am

why would this be a sticky. with all due respect it sounds like a wishful thinking post.

wages sorted.yeah ok.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 am

First things first. Let's get safe from relegation. There's a lot to do yet, starting today.

Secondly, most off the big earners are gone, and a few more will be gone at the end of this season. Manga, which will be a shame, and Amos are 2.
We haven't got a lot of big earners not in the match day squad now.
Hoilett is also out of contract and I'd love to see us keep him.

With a new keeper, winger and 2 strikers we'd have a decent squad.

Hopefully the likes of Bennett and Lambert will benefit from a proper pre season .

Harris and Spence could be pushing for places next season too.

Next year is the last one with parachute payments, also the FFP rules have changed to allow clubs to gamble more.

Good to see Warnock call Tan out and we'll know more about Tan's ambition by the summer, but I reckon next year we will at least have a small crack at it.

I also believe the league will be weaker next year, with 3 clubs in various states of chaos coming down. It'll be 3 of the current bottom 4 and all of these are weaker than Newcastle by a long way.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:53 am

dogfound wrote:why would this be a sticky. with all due respect it sounds like a wishful thinking post.

wages sorted.yeah ok.

Correct it is a wishful thinking post,No story to it.

But Troobloo cried so we gave in :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:54 am

norms76 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

When you say 'Agenda Mods' you're saying that as a collective, so means that I'm a Mod I've taken that as a dig at me. You could well have worded it a lot better if it wasn't aimed at me.

For the record I don't think any Mod as any sort of agendas, they have opinions, the same as you do and you should respect that whether you agree or not. That's what this forum is for. :thumbright:

Sorry norms but I don't agree
If I said for example brown haired mods would that mean all mods are brown haired no it would mean I was talking about the brown haired ones .
Unfortunately it's the mods that make threads stickies and Thier opinions should not come into it ,IMO stickies are there to give a balanced view for us forum members not to promote mods opinions

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:56 am

Lawnmower wrote:First things first. Let's get safe from relegation. There's a lot to do yet, starting today.

Secondly, most off the big earners are gone, and a few more will be gone at the end of this season. Manga, which will be a shame, and Amos are 2.
We haven't got a lot of big earners not in the match day squad now.
Hoilett is also out of contract and I'd love to see us keep him.

With a new keeper, winger and 2 strikers we'd have a decent squad.

Hopefully the likes of Bennett and Lambert will benefit from a proper pre season .

Harris and Spence could be pushing for places next season too.

Next year is the last one with parachute payments, also the FFP rules have changed to allow clubs to gamble more.

Good to see Warnock call Tan out and we'll know more about Tan's ambition by the summer, but I reckon next year we will at least have a small crack at it.

I also believe the league will be weaker next year, with 3 clubs in various states of chaos coming down. It'll be 3 of the current bottom 4 and all of these are weaker than Newcastle by a long way.

Tim, very sensible post :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 am

Quite, and in reply to lawnmowers post, did not Hoillet sign a two year contract?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 am

Hoilett is only with us until the summer at the moment unfortunately.
Shame as I think he's a very good player and we haven't seen the best of him yet.
He's another who'd improve with a decent pre season

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:31 am

Guys this seems like a private argument............... I m off
City to win today :laughing6:

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:56 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

If I said for example brown haired mods would that mean all mods are brown haired no it would mean I was talking about the brown haired ones .
Unfortunately it's the mods that make threads stickies and Thier opinions should not come into it ,IMO stickies are there to give a balanced view for us forum members not to promote mods opinions

No, you could have simply said in my opinion certain mods have agendas, to which I still wouldn't have agreed with. :lol:

That way you're not tarring everyone with the same brush. Anyway, enjoy the game and let's get another 3 points. :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

So Mods can't have their own views? ? ? :lol:

As you very well know we put a balance of all topics stickies what ever the news including some of yours.

Yesterday it was not our fault,that Tan has not agreed to back Warnock yet for next year,so the media was totally full of that,this topic has No substance.

Troobloo has an agenda to shit stir and turn fan against fan, rem he was Blue turned Red,then turned Blue,it was pathetic.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:00 am

2 points to raise, firstly "wishful thinking post " comment how do you know this has not happened or are you just wishfully thinking/looking to didmiss a positive post?,secondly who edited the title to include a question mark?, and does this allow others to edit any negative headlines? Keep the faith!!

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 am

Joey Dwyer wrote:2 points to raise, firstly "wishful thinking post " comment how do you know this has not happened or are you just wishfully thinking/looking to didmiss a positive post?,secondly who edited the title to include a question mark?, and does this allow others to edit any negative headlines? Keep the faith!!

A quick question, so you know Tan had agreed to back Warnock this summer do you?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:23 pm

His back room staff seem pretty happy with the plans