Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock keeping his feet firmly on the ground '

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:09 pm

WARNOCK | WE'RE ENJOYING THE CHALLENGE

By Cardiff City FC

Friday 20th January 2017

After back-to-back Championship wins, Neil Warnock’s Cardiff City welcome Nigel Clough’s Burton Albion to Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday, as the Bluebirds look to continue their fine run of results.

Speaking ahead of the visit of the Brewers, the City boss spoke to the assembled press and media, giving his views on the tough challenge that lies ahead.

“Burton Albion have not really been given the praise they deserve really,” Neil began. “It’s sort of gone under the radar with Leicester winning the league last year.

“When I was manager, they were like the Manchester United of non-league, it was a fabulous club – great fans, great chairman, who’s still there now.

“I was as excited as anyone when they went up, and now the thought of playing them is really special for me, I’m looking forward to it.”

Cardiff City’s recent form has seen them begin to rise up the Sky Bet Championship table, but Warnock is keeping his feet firmly on the ground.

“I’m quite happy, the only thing I’m quite disappointed with is that we haven’t had many clean sheets. It will be hard tomorrow, they’re a better side away from home, as well.

“We know what we’re up against, but we feel we can play against anybody at the moment, whether they’re at the top or the bottom of the league.”

Neil continued: “You don’t get carried away when you win a couple and you don’t get too downhearted if you lose a couple. You’ve got to just try and focus on you being better than some of the clubs in the league.

“We’re looking forward to the tough games ahead, because we feel we’re capable of beating those teams. We’re at a stage now where we’re enjoying challenging these clubs, and that’s what I want us to do.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.