Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ginger Collins anyone ?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:07 pm

With Fonte having a medical at West Ham, is Collins going to be available, possible replacement for Bruno :bluebird:

Re: Ginger Collins anyone ?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:15 pm

riley1951 wrote:With Fonte having a medical at West Ham, is Collins going to be available, possible replacement for Bruno :bluebird:

Warnock has been playing down the likelihood of Bruno leaving - maybe no offers; hard to contact him at AfCON; changed mind about a future for him at Cardiff (even mentioned possibility of a new contract after this summer).

As it is we have as central defenders: Manga, Connolly, Morrison, Bamba, Ajayi and Peltier (better as CB than Connolly is at RB).

There was a similar thread to this on CCMB a few days ago when news broke that Jagielka would be made available by Everton (a Warnock player if ever there was one). Same issues. Even if we could afford fees/wages we don't need another CB in this window.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Can't see it mate, if he leaves West Ham I could still see him having offers from PL Clubs or one of the Clubs that go up next season.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:20 pm

jon1959 wrote:
riley1951 wrote:With Fonte having a medical at West Ham, is Collins going to be available, possible replacement for Bruno :bluebird:

Warnock has been playing down the likelihood of Bruno leaving - maybe no offers; hard to contact him at AfCON; changed mind about a future for him at Cardiff (even mentioned possibility of a new contract after this summer).

As it is we have as central defenders: Manga, Connolly, Morrison, Bamba, Ajayi and Peltier (better as CB than Connolly is at RB).

There was a similar thread to this on CCMB a few days ago when news broke that Jagielka would be made available by Everton (a Warnock player if ever there was one). Same issues. Even if we could afford fees/wages we don't need another CB in this window.

Jagielka is another one who is way out of our league if we are honest, he will be going to another PL club no doubt.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:25 pm

RV Casual wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

Jagielka is another one who is way out of our league if we are honest, he will be going to another PL club no doubt.

I agree. Linked with Sunderland and a reunion with Moyes. But even if these names weren't outside our league and spending power, I just don't think we need to be looking at more central defenders (in fact any more defenders now Halford signed) in this window. It will be different in the summer.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:44 pm

jon1959 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

I agree. Linked with Sunderland and a reunion with Moyes. But even if these names weren't outside our league and spending power, I just don't think we need to be looking at more central defenders (in fact any more defenders now Halford signed) in this window. It will be different in the summer.

I agree, think we have enough about us at the back to see the season out :thumbup:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:05 pm

I don't want old stagers rather I want to see new talent.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Never mind his wages if he ever comes to Wales it'll be at 37 to pick up a few quid and sit on the bench in Newport I'd imagine - ha

His Mrs is a Londoner too isn't she - think she's been pretty integral to keeping him in the City

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Sam might go for him at Palace cant see us paying his wages