Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: If VT doesn't back Neil next season

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:It will sum up how bad the clubs vision for the future is as Neil is the best manager outside the premier league, I am shocked that VT has not given assurances!!

I will stand by this and have said it for the last three years,Tan wants all his money back,he's 70% there and he wants out of our club ASAP,but with All his money back.

Warnock was brought in to save our club and Tans money,because if we were relegated,that would of lost Tan big money.

The usual suspects will disagree,but as usual after every sale,they say good business,club is moving forward and more professional, I disagree and I've sadly been proven right on many of our sales and buys.

How is tan 70% there ?

Its been stated in the media and by Dalman etc that Tan has put in about £200million, I've been told Tan is still owed about £60mill, Keith Morgan hopefully will back that up or give figures to be near that amount :thumbright:

I have just read this thread.

The first important point to make is that Vincent Tan has had NONE of his money back , never mind 70% of it.

From all the financial paperwork I have seen, he didn't put £200m in as referred to in that Mehmet Dalman reference. The figure is slightly exaggerated as I believe the actual figure to be closer to £160m ( or maybe £10m more if he is part of the Tolman consortium involving Mehmet Dalman that has also lent the club money in the last couple of years).Further cash is likely to have been put in to cover the cash outflow from losses since MD made that comment.

As at February 2016, when VT made the public announcement of converting all the debt owed to him into shares or writing it off altogether, the debt due to him was stated to be £108m. Of this, £68m was said to be going to be converted into shares ( it hasn't yet happened) with the balance cleared over 5 years at £8m p.a. (£8m is the maximum allowed counting towards FFP qualification). The debt had been reduced from the bigger figure of approx. £160m by a series of debt write offs and conversions of debt to equity. There is nothing to show or suggest that it was reduced by debt repayments to VT.

By my calculations, the current debt due to VT is about £100m , less any further write offs that have happened since February 2016. Only one conversion of debt to equity has taken place since the May 2016 accounts year end and that was for one of the £8m promised tranches.That debt amount of £100m will be higher of course if VT has put in any further cash since February last year. There is no way of knowing this as even the May 2016 year end figures are not yet public knowledge.

Hope this helps

Keith

In this equation, you have off course included all the legal fees going on with settling with agents, players and differences? Paying up contracts and what not.. The cost of haunting Malky down. The deal with Ole, keeping his mouth shut. Buying a feeder club, to - in long term, avoid fair play rules. Legal fees to get rith of "enemies within the club"? (Lets call it the Belgium conundrum).. Im not that good with numbers, but if i was cranking it down, i would try to keep most of it of the books, and put it in another budget of expense.. Honesty Dalman, never pays :occasion5: ;)

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:It will sum up how bad the clubs vision for the future is as Neil is the best manager outside the premier league, I am shocked that VT has not given assurances!!

I will stand by this and have said it for the last three years,Tan wants all his money back,he's 70% there and he wants out of our club ASAP,but with All his money back.

Warnock was brought in to save our club and Tans money,because if we were relegated,that would of lost Tan big money.

The usual suspects will disagree,but as usual after every sale,they say good business,club is moving forward and more professional, I disagree and I've sadly been proven right on many of our sales and buys.

How is tan 70% there ?

Its been stated in the media and by Dalman etc that Tan has put in about £200million, I've been told Tan is still owed about £60mill, Keith Morgan hopefully will back that up or give figures to be near that amount :thumbright:

The first important point to make is that Vincent Tan has had NONE of his money back , never mind 70% of it.

From all the financial paperwork I have seen, he didn't put £200m in as referred to in that Mehmet Dalman reference. The figure is slightly exaggerated as I believe the actual figure to be closer to £160m ( or maybe £10m more if he is part of the Tolman consortium involving Mehmet Dalman that has also lent the club money in the last couple of years).Further cash is likely to have been put in to cover the cash outflow from losses since MD made that comment.

As at February 2016, when VT made the public announcement of converting all the debt owed to him into shares or writing it off altogether, the debt due to him was stated to be £108m. Of this, £68m was said to be going to be converted into shares ( it hasn't yet happened) with the balance cleared over 5 years at £8m p.a. (£8m is the maximum allowed counting towards FFP qualification). The debt had been reduced from the bigger figure of approx. £160m by a series of debt write offs and conversions of debt to equity. There is nothing to show or suggest that it was reduced by debt repayments to VT.

By my calculations, the current debt due to VT is about £100m , less any further write offs that have happened since February 2016. Only one conversion of debt to equity has taken place since the May 2016 accounts year end and that was for one of the £8m promised tranches.That debt amount of £100m will be higher of course if VT has put in any further cash since February last year. There is no way of knowing this as even the May 2016 year end figures are not yet public knowledge.

Hope this helps

Keith

Keith
I actually never thought he did put £200mill in, Dalman exagerated.

Since 62 "he didn't put £200m in as referred to in that Mehmet Dalman reference. The figure is slightly exaggerated as I believe the actual figure to be closer to £160m"

Keoth, when you say he has had NONE of his money back, are you saying he has lost £60mill or are you on about he changed the debt for shares?

So Keith, Please just answer this straight question with a yes or no, does our club owe Vincent Tan £200mill or what do we owe him in total?

Second question how much in total has actually of the debt been changed in to equity?

Keith, I stand by that Tan wants out from our club, your opinion?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

Keith

Since 62 "he didn't put £200m in as referred to in that Mehmet Dalman reference. The figure is slightly exaggerated as I believe the actual figure to be closer to £160m"

Keoth, when you say he has had NONE of his money back, are you saying he has lost £60mill or are you on about he changed the debt for shares?

So Keith, Please just answer this straight question with a yes or no, does our club owe Vincent Tan £200mill or what do we owe him in total?

Second question how much in total has actually of the debt been changed in to equity?

Wow the biggest side stepper of answering a straight question ,demands a straight answer from another poster/member of this board hmmmmm

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:32 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

Keith

Wow the biggest side stepper of answering a straight question ,demands a straight answer from another poster/member of this board hmmmmm

Steve? ? ?

As its my conversation back to Keith and I've replied in the way I want to not your way,which is usually virtiually nothing, why is it upsetting you so much?
You've always said you stay out of these topics and concentrate on the Peter Whittinghams etc :lol:

Warnock has come out today virtually stating if I am not backed I am off,so of course a lot of questions/worries are going to start if one of many including my favourite manager says he could be off.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

In this equation, you have off course included all the legal fees going on with settling with agents, players and differences? Paying up contracts and what not.. The cost of haunting Malky down. The deal with Ole, keeping his mouth shut. Buying a feeder club, to - in long term, avoid fair play rules. Legal fees to get rith of "enemies within the club"? (Lets call it the Belgium conundrum).. Im not that good with numbers, but if i was cranking it down, i would try to keep most of it of the books, and put it in another budget of expense.. Honesty Dalman, never pays :occasion5: ;)

Well it's his money which he's writing off

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:07 pm

After Kieth's update can we now agree on one thing Annis Vincent Tan hasn't taken a penny out of the club never mind 160 million.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:After Kieth's update can we now agree on one thing Annis Vincent Tan hasn't taken a penny out of the club never mind 160 million.

I agree Vincent Tan has never ever taken money out thats not his :thumbright:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:After Kieth's update can we now agree on one thing Annis Vincent Tan hasn't taken a penny out of the club never mind 160 million.

Spoken like a politician :lol: 70% I think that Spanish sun has fried your brain today :lol:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Getting back on topic! :laughing6: having listened to NW today it's obvious he's told tan what he thinks is required for promotion push next season, if tan wants NW next season he needs to back his judgement or he will leave so guess it's a wait and see game? Does tan want to keep balancing books until all debt to equity is done or does he gamble with NW ? :old:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Getting back on topic! :laughing6: having listened to NW today it's obvious he's told tan what he thinks is required for promotion push next season, if tan wants NW next season he needs to back his judgement or he will leave so guess it's a wait and see game? Does tan want to keep balancing books until all debt to equity is done or does he gamble with NW ? :old:

He gambled once and lost. Not sure if he will be prepared to take another gamble like that, time will tell.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Getting back on topic! :laughing6: having listened to NW today it's obvious he's told tan what he thinks is required for promotion push next season, if tan wants NW next season he needs to back his judgement or he will leave so guess it's a wait and see game? Does tan want to keep balancing books until all debt to equity is done or does he gamble with NW ? :old:

He gambled once and lost. Not sure if he will be prepared to take another gamble like that, time will tell.

At least the gamble will be measured and nowhere near as costly as previous ones. :occasion5:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis you make me laugh with your contradictions
And I've never said I stay out of certain topics
You've had too much sun mate it's boiled your brain
Sad thing is you make things up to try to be clever on your message board and totally believe what you say is fact rather than fantasy which most of it is :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbright: :wave:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:36 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis you make me laugh with your contradictions
And I've never said I stay out of certain topics
You've had too much sun mate it's boiled your brain
Sad thing is you make things up to try to be clever on your message board and totally believe what you say is fact rather than fantasy which most of it is :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbright: :wave:

Steve, read very carefully my reply :thumbright:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spoken like a politician :lol: 70% I think that Spanish sun has fried your brain today :lol:

:lol: :thumbup:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

Keith

Annis I am saying he has had NONE of his money back. Changing debt for shares is NOT getting his money back.

I can't tell you what the split has been between converting debt to shares without digging out all the annual accounts ( and even then only up to the last filed accounts to 31 May 2015) . On the basis that I am fed up of working most weekends for ages now, there is about as much chance of me going in to one of my offices to get copies of the accounts before Monday is about as there is of me winning "slimmer of the year" . I will look on Monday, but I do recall that the pure write offs of debt have been well over £10m every year.

I have already posted the figure that VT was owed as at Feb 16 (£108m) but also already explained that there are no public records of financial accounts since then , so I have clearly already explained why a straight "yes or no" answer to what VT is currently owed is not possible.

I agree with your opinion that VT wants out of the club if he can. But his only realistic chance of doing so is a sale and that is unlikely at a decent price unless and until the club returns to profitability ( it made further losses last season) or gets promoted to the Premier League.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

Keith

Annis I am saying he has had NONE of his money back. Changing debt for shares is NOT getting his money back.

I can't tell you what the split has been between converting debt to shares without digging out all the annual accounts ( and even then only up to the last filed accounts to 31 May 2015) . On the basis that I am fed up of working most weekends for ages now, there is about as much chance of me going in to one of my offices to get copies of the accounts before Monday is about as there is of me winning "slimmer of the year" . I will look on Monday, but I do recall that the pure write offs of debt have been well over £10m every year.

I have already posted the figure that VT was owed as at Feb 16 (£108m) but also already explained that there are no public records of financial accounts since then , so I have clearly already explained why a straight "yes or no" answer to what VT is currently owed is not possible.

I agree with your opinion that VT wants out of the club if he can. But his only realistic chance of doing so is a sale and that is unlikely at a decent price unless and until the club returns to profitability ( it made further losses last season) or gets promoted to the Premier League.

Cheers Keith for answering everything :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

But tan hasn't taking a penny out of the club ? He's only converted debt to shares and written off monies so hasn't got anything back?

Agreed, where on earth can anyone say he's got 70% of his money back ?

He is still putting money in on a monthly basis and isn't taking anything out.

People may argue that he's setting things up to get the money back but I fail to see how he's already got 70%, or indeed anything, back so far.

If he had 70% of his money back it would of been in the accounts for the last year and years before but there has been no payments to tan so I really don't know how annis has come up with this figure ?

the last Dalman interview i saw he laughed off a suggestion of asset stripping which was doing the rounds and said.year in year out the owner is putting a double digit{ millions} amount into the club.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

He gambled twice, but he folde before the end game. Does he dear stick with it? For once?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

Well, its the clubs, witch he i majority share holder.. But my point is, he is not taking the money in pocket, he is even putting out more than the books show.. Basically to protect his twisted asian sense of honor.. But thats the melody of the tune.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

Well, its the clubs, witch he i majority share holder.. But my point is, he is not taking the money in pocket, he is even putting out more than the books show.. Basically to protect his twisted asian sense of honor.. But thats the melody of the tune.

:lol: are you on drugs ?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

:lol: are you on drugs ?

Not at all. Elaborate please. On top of my head, i see at least 10 million in expenses in my points above. Where are they journaled?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:16 am

Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Hope this helps

Keith

Did you mean "of course" not "off course" " hunting Malky" not " haunting Malky" "and off the books" not "of the books"? Otherwise, your post says the opposite of what I think you were trying to say.

The costs of agents and settling player contracts would normally be included in the accounting records of the football club, as would the legal costs of disputes over such offers ( plus any recovery of costs from successful legal actions) and there is no reason to believe this has not been the case with CCFC.The costs of terminating the employment of Malky and Ole are certainly referred to in the club accounts for the relevant period.

On the other hand, there is nothing to suggest that the investment in the Belgium club has been treated this way as it is not an investment of CCFC but a personal one of Vincent Tan.