Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If VT doesn't back Neil next season

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:52 am

It will sum up how bad the clubs vision for the future is as Neil is the best manager outside the premier league, I am shocked that VT has not given assurances!!

Re: If VT doesn't back Neil next season

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:58 am

Wolfpac wrote:It will sum up how bad the clubs vision for the future is as Neil is the best manager outside the premier league, I am shocked that VT has not given assurances!!

I will stand by this and have said it for the last three years,Tan wants all his money back,he's 70% there and he wants out of our club ASAP,but with All his money back.

Warnock was brought in to save our club and Tans money,because if we were relegated,that would of lost Tan big money.

The usual suspects will disagree,but as usual after every sale,they say good business,club is moving forward and more professional, I disagree and I've sadly been proven right on many of our sales and buys.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:59 am

do you think Warnock would be here if he hasn't , I dont

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:59 am

Wolfpac wrote:It will sum up how bad the clubs vision for the future is as Neil is the best manager outside the premier league, I am shocked that VT has not given assurances!!

It's a bit early for tan to be reassuring NW about next season when at present we are still in relegation area!! So cannot see anything happening until end season, :old:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:00 pm

DEANO wrote:do you think Warnock would be here if he hasn't , I dont

Warnock has not yet been guaranteed next seasons backing.

Warnock is here to complete this season as promised,a man of his word and will want to save us as that is the kind of manager he is :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I will stand by this and have said it for the last three years,Tan wants all his money back,he's 70% there and he wants out of our club ASAP,but with All his money back.

Warnock was brought in to save our club and Tans money,because if we were relegated,that would of lost Tan big money.

The usual suspects will disagree,but as usual after every sale,they say good business,club is moving forward and more professional, I disagree and I've sadly been proven right on many of our sales and buys.

How is tan 70% there ?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis if tan is converting the debt all 100m+ that means he will have to sell club for that amount surely to get all his money back?? :|

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Its been stated in the media and by Dalman etc that Tan has put in about £200million, I've been told Tan is still owed about £60mill, Keith Morgan hopefully will back that up or give figures to be near that amount :thumbright:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis if tan is converting the debt all 100m+ that means he will have to sell club for that amount surely to get all his money back?? :|

Allan, lets wait for all that to be completed first :thumbup:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:07 pm

For me Neil Warnock is one of the best managers this club has had in the last 50 years :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Well done Neil Warnock, puts Mr Tan in a bit of a spot!

Back him and we will all see his intentions don't back him and he will walk!

That would send out a really poor message and would next season get us relegated imo :bluescarf:

Good on ya Neil :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Well done Neil Warnock, puts Mr Tan in a bit of a spot!

Back him and we will all see his intentions don't back him and he will walk!

That would send out a really poor message and would next season get us relegated imo :bluescarf:

Good on ya Neil :ayatollah:

Mate exactly well said Warnock :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Its been stated in the media and by Dalman etc that Tan has put in about £200million, I've been told Tan is still owed about £60mill, Keith Morgan hopefully will back that up or give figures to be near that amount :thumbright:

But tan hasn't taking a penny out of the club ? He's only converted debt to shares and written off monies so hasn't got anything back?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't backed and walks aweay and then Bellamy gets promoted as manager.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:23 pm

He is old school, he'd plead poverty and sign a £3 million player during the press conference

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

But tan hasn't taking a penny out of the club ? He's only converted debt to shares and written off monies so hasn't got anything back?

Agreed, where on earth can anyone say he's got 70% of his money back ?

He is still putting money in on a monthly basis and isn't taking anything out.

People may argue that he's setting things up to get the money back but I fail to see how he's already got 70%, or indeed anything, back so far.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Not sure on any of the so-called ITK stuff stated by several people in a number of repeated threads today but I do know that the club (Tan, Warnock, paying supporters) need to worry about THIS season before worrying about the NEXT one! :thumbup:

None of us to my knowledge were privy to the conversation that went on between the two parties last weekend but it is reasonable to assume that (a) Tan was pleased with the club's turnaround and the reaction off the fans under the enigmatic Neil Warnock, and (b) a preliminary conversation took place with regard to next season and the plan of attack if City remain in The Championship

We are all aware that the club are still close to embargo and need to 'cut their cloth accordingly' at the current time

If I have understood the situation properly, it appears that a lot rests on Vincent Tan (as promised) finally carrying out his promise of 'Debt to Equity' once the tight Malaysian rules on transferring money abroad have been met

After that, who really knows? May be Vincent Tan? Well, probably only Vincent Tan!

Neil Warnock is 100% right to 'set his stall' for next season and he will want answers before this season ends

Maybe he already has some of those answers? He is a Wiley operator and Vincent Tan will not have met anyone in football who is so to the point, so likeable and has so much success to back himself up at this level! :notworthy:

Vincent Tan (after some of the other men in charge of his team) will surely have been impressed and his next moves will clearly show him to be either supporting his manager with proper 'backing' for a big push next season, or (effectively) showing him the door through perceived lack action come this summer!

Now is not really the time to be looking forward so far. Let's get THIS season out of the way first by doing what it required to ensure survival (so far so good) and then we can start asking questions and looking for answers as to what lies ahead! ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

Agreed, where on earth can anyone say he's got 70% of his money back ?

He is still putting money in on a monthly basis and isn't taking anything out.

People may argue that he's setting things up to get the money back but I fail to see how he's already got 70%, or indeed anything, back so far.

If he had 70% of his money back it would of been in the accounts for the last year and years before but there has been no payments to tan so I really don't know how annis has come up with this figure ?

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Annis why do you post so much negative stuff all the time, Your now saying out of the 200 million Tan has ploughed in he's had 160 million back, from where? It's been noted in the accounts he hasn't taken one penny out, hell of a jump from 0-160 million.

As for backing Warnock he wouldn't be here now if he hadn't had reassurances, a couple of my Mates got talking to Blackwell and Jepson the other night they are staying in Cowbridge and without going into detail if what they talked about and reference Warnock then I would just wait and see.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Annis why do you post so much negative stuff all the time, Your now saying out of the 200 million Tan has ploughed in he's had 160 million back, from where? It's been noted in the accounts he hasn't taken one penny out, hell of a jump from 0-160 million.

As for backing Warnock he wouldn't be here now if he hadn't had reassurances, a couple of my Mates got talking to Blackwell and Jepson the other night they are staying in Cowbridge and without going into detail if what they talked about and reference Warnock then I would just wait and see.

Hopefully warnock will be backed

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Annis why do you post so much negative stuff all the time, Your now saying out of the 200 million Tan has ploughed in he's had 160 million back, from where? It's been noted in the accounts he hasn't taken one penny out, hell of a jump from 0-160 million.

Mark, I was told about this 'coincidental' meeting (and the positivity that came from it) by our mutual friends from Cowbridge and it boosted me, I have to say

I firmly believe we have a manager and coaching team that can and will take this club forward in all areas, if they are backed as they were promised when they came in. Only time will tell but the club and it's owner need to realise that opportunities like Neil Warnock, Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson don't come along too often! :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Where is the negative,I never started the thread did I?
Plus it's Warnock who is making the strong statement not me is it not?
As to £200mill I do not believe Tan had put £200mill of his own money in.
We have received that amount approx in incomes in the last 7 years any way.

Plus it's funny you only ever go for my posts ?

Funny ii I ever mention Malky your like straight there, could say a stalker :shock:

No comments to the original poster as usual :lol:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:16 pm

NW said he as until the end season to prove to tan that he is worth backing next season! And basically he will only stay if he thinks city have chance of promotion :old:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Annis let's just wait and see, personally I have a good feeling on next season and the future, we are being well run now unlike a dozen or so other Champioship clubs (they can't all go up) a Manager who has an excellent track record and will in the short time he's here leave us with a hungry and competitive side, not money driven.
So reasons to be positive.

P.S still can't get my head around your maths, glad your not my accountant.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:23 pm

There is backing him by going gung ho with multi millions. Big gamble. Or some reasonable backing within ffp rules. The club have made massive mistakes with hiring wrong managers which has been the issue. Sam hammam appointed alan cork. Gould ffs. Shpuld always get the best manager as they wont waste funds as much.

I prefer the club do not go all out at risk of ffp more debt. I like the fact we are cutting our cloth. For me im in no rush for the premiership. I love pur division and only focus at this time is staying up.

End of season review with neil and tan to see where we will go.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Funny ii I ever mention Malky your like straight there, could say a stalker :shock:

Ooh touchy touchy
Annis it's impossible to actually know exactly what you have said and not said
As where figures are concerned you were continually inflating them from one week to the next ,one minute using them to hit tan ,another minute using them to support your beloved milky ,hmmmmm how about telling us once and for all exactly what you believe our financial situation is , rather than coming back at people saying I didn't say that or this ,hmmmmm
Don't confuse our over all debt reducing ,meaning tan has had HIS money back ,all he's doing is turning our debt to equity , but reading your comments ,you now want him to invest more money for a promotion push next season ,how do you suggest he does that ,without adding to our debt ,and staying within ffp rules ,oh and please don't answer these questions in the usual way by going back to what's gone on in the past ,give us your ideas on how tan can spend and not grow our debt hmmmm

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ooh touchy touchy
Annis it's impossible to actually know exactly what you have said and not said
As where figures are concerned you were continually inflating them from one week to the next ,one minute using them to hit tan ,another minute using them to support your beloved milky ,hmmmmm how about telling us once and for all exactly what you believe our financial situation is , rather than coming back at people saying I didn't say that or this ,hmmmmm
Don't confuse our over all debt reducing ,meaning tan has had HIS money back ,all he's doing is turning our debt to equity , but reading your comments ,you now want him to invest more money for a promotion push next season ,how do you suggest he does that ,without adding to our debt ,and staying within ffp rules ,oh and please don't answer these questions in the usual way by going back to what's gone on in the past ,give us your ideas on how tan can spend and not grow our debt hmmmm

Not touchy to you Steve,

The media and Dalman put £200mill out.

I thought uve always said back and support our managers and 100% I am doing that fully backing Warnock from day one and still am and we've finally got a manager who should be financially backed, if not then we may as well give up.

Who is also calling for the money? Neil Warnock himself :thumbright: :sleepy2:

As to financial rules what the hell were we playing at with Amos,Lambert etc throwing money away and as u say we have not got money to throw away. :thumbright:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Annis let's just wait and see, personally I have a good feeling on next season and the future, we are being well run now unlike a dozen or so other Champioship clubs (they can't all go up) a Manager who has an excellent track record and will in the short time he's here leave us with a hungry and competitive side, not money driven.

Well run? Ben Amos and Rickie Lambert on massive wasted wages, plus wasting money on wages on players like Huws and Richards etc ?

I am very very positive as long as Warnock stays at least two seasons :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:Annis let's just wait and see, personally I have a good feeling on next season and the future, we are being well run now unlike a dozen or so other Champioship clubs (they can't all go up) a Manager who has an excellent track record and will in the short time he's here leave us with a hungry and competitive side, not money driven.

Well run? Ben Amos and Rickie Lambert on massive wasted wages, plus wasting money on wages on players like Huws and Richards etc ?

I am very very positive as long as Warnock stays at least two seasons :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Club has tried to sort itself out over the
past few seasons but keeps making the odd mistake
i.e. Amos (his wages) Lambert (his age) and there are
a few others.

I just hope NW gets a chance as he will pay 2m for
a striker who knows how to score not like 9m for
a novice.

Let's all be hopeful as the shoots of progress are
happening if NW were to leave the club would really
be shooting itself in the foot!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is tan 70% there ?

I have just read this thread.

The first important point to make is that Vincent Tan has had NONE of his money back , never mind 70% of it.

From all the financial paperwork I have seen, he didn't put £200m in as referred to in that Mehmet Dalman reference. The figure is slightly exaggerated as I believe the actual figure to be closer to £160m ( or maybe £10m more if he is part of the Tolman consortium involving Mehmet Dalman that has also lent the club money in the last couple of years).Further cash is likely to have been put in to cover the cash outflow from losses since MD made that comment.

As at February 2016, when VT made the public announcement of converting all the debt owed to him into shares or writing it off altogether, the debt due to him was stated to be £108m. Of this, £68m was said to be going to be converted into shares ( it hasn't yet happened) with the balance cleared over 5 years at £8m p.a. (£8m is the maximum allowed counting towards FFP qualification). The debt had been reduced from the bigger figure of approx. £160m by a series of debt write offs and conversions of debt to equity. There is nothing to show or suggest that it was reduced by debt repayments to VT.

By my calculations, the current debt due to VT is about £100m , less any further write offs that have happened since February 2016. Only one conversion of debt to equity has taken place since the May 2016 accounts year end and that was for one of the £8m promised tranches.That debt amount of £100m will be higher of course if VT has put in any further cash since February last year. There is no way of knowing this as even the May 2016 year end figures are not yet public knowledge.

Hope this helps

Keith