Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:"WARNS CARDIFF CITY I WILL NOT WAIT AROUND"

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Neil Warnock warns Cardiff City he won't wait around '

Promotion aim

Warnock has revealed that he is targeting promotion next season, and has warned the club that if his ambitions are not matches he won’t wait around

By Chris Wathan

Friday 20th January 2017

Neil Warnock has insisted he won't waste money this transfer window – but warned he won't waste his time at Cardiff City if his promotion ambition is not matched.

Warnock met with Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan in person for the first time last week where the veteran manager put across his hopes for the club with him at the helm.

Warnock:"I've spoken to Mr Tan and if I haven't got the finances to sign a top striker."

The Yorkshireman has steadied the ship at Cardiff City Stadium, with relegation fears significantly eased going into this weekend's clash with Burton.

But while Warnock has seemingly accepted there is little wriggle room in the Bluebirds budget at present, he again made it clear he wants to know it is worth him staying in South Wales.

Warnock said: “I would not want to be anywhere and pick my money up if I have not got a chance of promotion – not at my age now. Perhaps 20 years ago I probably would have loved to have been anywhere for two or three years, but not now.

“I want to have a go next year and Vincent knows that. We have had a friendly chat and he knows I am not going to throw money away now in January when I think it would be silly to get people in place now when you might not want to put them in place in the summer.

“As I said to Vincent on Saturday we need three or four quality players to challenge whoever is in charge....if you want to challenge that is.

Warnock met Tan in London last weekend

“If you don't want to challenge, obviously you can get somebody else in and you can go with what you want to go with. It's one of those things.”

Tan, in the UK on business, met Warnock in London on Saturday evening following the Bluebirds' win over Bristol City earlier in the day, a result that pushed the team clear of the bottom three and maintained momentum under the veteran manager that is close to that of top-six form.

He insisted it was not a place for definitive answers about Tan's thoughts on next season, and accepted that it is down to him to show he can achieve if given the support over the summer.

And it appears Warnock, in return, knows that he may not be able to add again to his squad in this current window following the signing of Allan McGregor on loan from Hull.

Negative spin I reckon from the interview on BBC Wales, he dropped a hint he wanted money, but he didn't say it in this negative way.

I think he is making it clear he needs backing, and using it as a warning, Tan will back I'm sure of that !!!

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SWilliams wrote:Problem is that finding that talent (ahead of everyone else) is easier said than done. Warnock hasn't managed to do it (yet) in this window (although he might be able to increase the offer on a player like Hayes in the summer. Warnock probably won't be satisfied with this arrangement.

Warnock certainly knows how to find talent, but it's even harder without hardly any money.

Warnock will do it, with a reasonable budget, it won't be hardly any budget, or the £20 Milliom quoted, he will get enough to give it a go....

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Demonstrates the ambition and passion that Warnock has! It may be his last go at managing if he is to go onto retire after this and it shows that he will do all he can to get us promoted! I would imagine if we aren't backed this summer many fans will not wait around either :cry:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:17 pm

If the club doesn't back Warnock in the summer and he leaves, what message it that to the fans?
It'll be one of - we're looking to bring in a cheaper manager, we'll give him no or very little funds and battle relegation/mid table. The fans will be sick and attendance will drop with a huge negative vibe about the place just as it was prior to Warnocks appointment.
Personally, I think he'll stay and be backed.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Let's get behind Warnock and the boys and kick on this season.

If we make some waves, then Tan may see an opportunity to have another crack next season

We need to get down the stadium and fill seats

Otherwise, the money pit will not persuade Tan

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:49 pm

I think he will it's just not guaranteed next season so he's putting out the high alert - if others come sniffing Tan will be forced to keep hold of his prize asset.

And i think that Warnock and co after a decent well organised pre season will be a force to be wreckoned with if he can get the right personel in.

Gotta stay positive and week in week out show the club how much we appreciate having that calibre of football man around our club.

Next season will be a roller coaster well worth getting aboard