Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LATEST NEW ON RICKIE LAMBERT '

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:51 am

What's the situation with Rickie Lambert?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s been unlucky."

" I’d been looking at someone like Ken from the start, a different type of player, and now he’s my number one. He needs to be patient but Rickie needs games to get himself fit, he’s not had many in three years, so it’s catch 22 for both of us and I don’t know what the answer is."

"I don’t think he’ll go (on loan) because we need everybody, but you don’t know what happens in a window, but one phone call can change. Especially later on. You can’t say yes or no to anything."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' LATEST NEW ON RICKIE LAMBERT '

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:What's the situation with Rickie Lambert?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s been unlucky."

" I’d been looking at someone like Ken from the start, a different type of player, and now he’s my number one. He needs to be patient but Rickie needs games to get himself fit, he’s not had many in three years, so it’s catch 22 for both of us and I don’t know what the answer is."

"I don’t think he’ll go (on loan) because we need everybody, but you don’t know what happens in a window, but one phone call can change. Especially later on. You can’t say yes or no to anything."

Sounds to me that Lambert may be on his way out

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s been unlucky."

Wez, I think if Warnock can move him on he will,then he can afford to bring in a new striker :thumbright:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Let him go out on loan and bring in the 2 strikers NW wants :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s been unlucky."

Wez, I think if Warnock can move him on he will,then he can afford to bring in a new striker :thumbright:

Surely a lower premier league club would take a punt on him for a loan deal

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:58 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s been unlucky."

Surely a lower premier league club would take a punt on him for a loan deal

I think the sticking point is that he's clearly not fit. I'd say there's more likelihood of him going to a local(ish) lower league club and they pay s percentage of his wages. Swindon maybe

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:49 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Let him go out on loan and bring in the 2 strikers NW wants :bluescarf:

Easier said than done with his huge wages and fitness problems.
The guys pretty shot. I can't see it happening.