Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Respect to Birmingham City Fans/Great Story '

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 am

Respect to the Birmingham City fans who saved a life on the way home from Newcastle the other night...

Birmingham City fans were on the way back from Newcastle away on the coach and pulled into the service station on the motorway; Woodhall, Yorkshire (I believe it was) when a possible Lorry Driver was walking out of the Arcade room and collapsed, and wasn't breathing, the Birmingham lot were the only people in the service station at the time, apart from McDonald's workers and cleaners etc.

One of the McDonald's workers was a first aider but said "I can't leave my role as I need to finish off here" so the Birmingham fans had to perform CPR on this poor bloke, 4/5 mins later, he's still not breathing, the Birmingham fans (who went to the game directly on an Endeavour coach from the Royal George in Small Heath) just wouldn't give up on this man who is about 60 years old and 8 minutes into performing CPR on this bloke, he took a big gasp for air and came back around, unbelievable story.

football fans are looked at as thugs, but you can guarantee this won't make the headlines when they literally never gave up on a bloke who had literally died, but managed to save his life, football is for everyone."

:thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' Respect to Birmingham City Fans/Great Story '

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 am

8 minutes! That is unbelievable. Total respect for not giving up.

That mcdonalds worker obviously thinks his job is more important than a man's life. It's absolutely crazy the amount of people that will just stand around and watch someone die because they haven't got the balls to help. Well done the brum fans, heros.

Re: ' Respect to Birmingham City Fans/Great Story '

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:28 am

nubbsy wrote:8 minutes! That is unbelievable. Total respect for not giving up.

That mcdonalds worker obviously thinks his job is more important than a man's life. It's absolutely crazy the amount of people that will just stand around and watch someone die because they haven't got the balls to help. Well done the brum fans, heros.

Yes well done the Brummies,I hope it gets out in the media :thumbright: :thumbright: