Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BREAKING NEWS NEIL WARNOCK TODAY "

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:27 am

Here’s what we learned from Neil Warnock’s press conference today

Allan McGregor will be the new No.1

The target next season is promotion, and Warnock won’t be hanging around if that ambition is not matched

Warnock has no plans to loan out Rickie Lambert

He remained tight-lipped on Jonny Hayes move

Warnock is a big admirer of what Burton Albion have achieved

He used to have lunches wit Brian Clough - featuring Pink champagne!

Friday 20th January 2017

' NEIL WARNOCK ON A NEW STRIKER '

Warnock: "I’d like to sign another attacking player, I’d like two but I can’t see that."

"I've spoken to Mr Tan and if I haven't got the finances to sign a top striker."

' Promotion aim '

Warnock has revealed that he is targeting promotion next season, and has warned the club that if his ambitions are not matches he won’t wait around

Neil Warnock is dissappointed that we have conceded to many goals,We've brought in a Premiership goalie to hopefully stop this.
Allan McGregor.

" Jonny Hayes latest "

Cardiff have made one real bid as they look to land the Aberdeen winger, and it looks like Warnock is remaining tight-lipped on the situation from now on

Warnock:"I don’t think I should talk any more. I spoke after their manager spoke so the least said about it the better."

' DAVID MARSHALL '

Was David Marshall ever a possibility?

Warnock: "No, I wish he was! "

On Burton manager Nigel Clough

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Nigel was a pup when I was at Notts County and Brian was at Forest. We’d have a couple of lunches."

"Nigel’s a super guy. He’s got his own way of managing,. He quietly goes about his job. He’s not bothered about the limelight, he’s a good family man and loves the club. I was delighted when he went back. Everybody thought it would blow up when Hasselbaink went but he was great."

Relegation

Does a win this weekend mean that Cardiff can start to forget about relegation fears?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"No, not when I look at fixture list, Brighton, Leeds, Derby, Fulham all away from home, so you can’t say it. It’s still close. The object is 50 points, so we need 20 more. It might be a bit less."

:bluebird: :bluebird: " FOLLOW EVERYTHING BELOW AS THE NEWS CAME OUT " :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK TODAY "

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 am

Neil Warnock:
I’m still interested in signing any player I’ve made enquiries about. It’ll depend on whether players leave the club about whether we get more in. I’d like to sign another attacking player, I’d like two but I can’t see that. There are one or two things that have been interesting for me in the squad that we have so, you never know, we might not sign any."

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:42 am

Was David Marshall ever a possibility?

Warnock: "No, I wish he was! "

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:47 am

A few surprises

It sounds like Warnock has been surprised by some of his current squad players....

Neil Warnock: "People have come to my notice now who have done well that haven’t done in the past. I always give people a chance if they can show me what they can do."

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 am

What's the situation with Rickie Lambert?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s been unlucky."

" I’d been looking at someone like Ken from the start, a different type of player, and now he’s my number one. He needs to be patient but Rickie needs games to get himself fit, he’s not had many in three years, so it’s catch 22 for both of us and I don’t know what the answer is."

"I don’t think he’ll go (on loan) because we need everybody, but you don’t know what happens in a window, but one phone call can change. Especially later on. You can’t say yes or no to anything."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 am

On Burton Albion

Burton is yet another of Warnock’s former squad, and he is full of glowing praise for the club

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I was there six years."

" They’ve gone under the radar not had the praise they deserve. When I was there they were the Man Utd of non-league. The fans are still there, the older ones, my first team used to play Derby in the Bass Vase in pre-season, they played their third team, 2,000 people watching, the highlight of pre-season, so to see them beat Derby a few weeks ago is an incredible story."

" We would train part-time two nights a week. You can’t forget how far they’ve come. They are one step away from the PL, it’s incredible. The chairman is a lesson to every chairman, supporting managers. Nigel’s had tough times at the start, he was there for ten years at the start, but he’s a thoughtful chairman, it’s his club, his daughter and son work there, it’s a super cub. It’s quite special to play against them at this level."

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 am

On Burton manager Nigel Clough

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Nigel was a pup when I was at Notts County and Brian was at Forest. We’d have a couple of lunches."

"Nigel’s a super guy. He’s got his own way of managing,. He quietly goes about his job. He’s not bothered about the limelight, he’s a good family man and loves the club. I was delighted when he went back. Everybody thought it would blow up when Hasselbaink went but he was great."

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 am

Lunches with Brian Clough?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"They were special times, I can close my eyes and visualise them as clear as day, when you’re sat talking to the Brian Clough - I would call him MR Clough - I was in awe of him."

" When he had to, he gave me praise at times because he knew the difficult times we had compared to Forest. He’d walk across with his Labrador looking at us training on this pokey bit of land and shake his head."

" He realised what the achievement was. He asked me what I wanted to drink. Am orange juice?! Get us a bottle of pink champagne!"

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 am

Is the momentum with the side now?

Neil Warnock:

"It’s taken a while but the only thing I’m disappointed with is not more clean sheets, that has to be the aim. It will be hard, they’re better away from home, they battered us up there in the game before I arrived, but we feel we can play against anybody at the moment."

"Wigan showed it makes no odds in this league. You don’t know. We won’t take them lightly."

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:20 am

" SO FAR CARDIFF CITY HAVE SIGNED THIS JANUARY "

Hull City and Scotland goalkeeper Allan McGregor became Cardiff City's third signing of the January transfer, on loan from Hull City till May.

McGregor joins Ibrahim Meite from non league and Greg Halford a free transfer from Rotherham at Cardiff City Stadium.

Cardiff City to cut the wage bill have released 10 DVP players.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:23 am

Relegation

Does a win this weekend mean that Cardiff can start to forget about relegation fears?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"No, not when I look at fixture list, Brighton, Leeds, Derby, Fulham all away from home, so you can’t say it. It’s still close. The object is 50 points, so we need 20 more. It might be a bit less."

Re: " BREAKING NEWS NEIL WARNOCK TODAY "

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:34 am

' Promotion aim '

Warnock has revealed that he is targeting promotion next season, and has warned the club that if his ambitions are not matches he won’t wait around

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:35 am

Cardiff player leaves

It’s been confirmed that Tommy O’Sullivan has left the club today, moving to Colchester United on a permanent deal.

O’Sullivan had been on trial at the club this month.

He never made a first team appearance for the Bluebirds and had been loaned out Port Vale and Newport County in the last two seasons.

All the best Tommy!

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:38 am

Promotion aim

Neil Warnock: "I would not want to be anywhere and pick my money up if I have not got a chance of promotion – not at my age now."

"I want to have a go next year and Vincent knows that."

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:08 pm

' NEIL WARNOCK ON A NEW STRIKER '

Warnock: "I’d like to sign another attacking player, I’d like two but I can’t see that."

"I've spoken to Mr Tan and if I haven't got the finances to sign a top striker."

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:16 pm

New loan goalie McGregor had fallen out of favour at Hull City and was 3rd choice,so jumped at the chance of being Cardiff City's no1.
Brian Murphy will be Cardiff City's no2 goalie.

Warnock also admitted the club has been looking at deals to offload both Ben Amos and Ben Wilson.

Neil Warnock:
"We're trying to loan out young Ben Wilson, he needs games now. It's difficult for players, they want to be at this level but they need to play games.

"Ben Amos is here until the end of the season, and he's played for two clubs so we can't move him. It's a ridiculous rule. You don't know what's around the corner, but Ben has had a couple of weeks off and he's come back and trained very well,he is now here till May.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:04 am

BBC Wales Sport ‏@BBCWalesSport

21/01/17

BBBC just tweeted

Warnock's warning to #CardiffCity owners

"If you don't want to challenge, obviously you can get somebody else in"

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:17 am

If Tan wants promotion and a stay in the premier, and it means spending a lot more, will he, and does he want to................ I wonder
He will reckon he had his fingers burned with Malky