Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City's latest offer was Bizarre Says '

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 pm

‏@AberdeenFC
Derek Mcinnes manager - Cardiff came in with a second offer which was just structured differently from the first and was rejected.

“We have had another offer from Cardiff for Jonny but bizarrely it’s the same offer but just structured a bit differently.

“It was rejected.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes brands Cardiff City attempts to land Jonny Hayes 'bizarre' -

STV Sport.

Thursday 19th January 2017

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has told Cardiff City their offers for Jonny Hayes remain well short of the mark, branding the latest bid 'bizarre'.

The Dons boss revealed the Bluebirds' second offer for Ireland international Hayes was identical to their first — just structured differently.

And he reiterated his stance on Hayes, saying the winger won't leave Pittodrie on the cheap, repeating that Cardiff need to be 'serious' in their attempts to sign him after an initial £500,000 offer was brushed off.

McInnes also claimed Cardiff's pursuit of the 29-year-old wide man could be 'unsettling' the player.

He said: “We have had another offer from Cardiff for Jonny but bizarrely it’s the same offer but just structured a bit differently.

“It was rejected.

“Is it unsettling for him? It possibly can be and whether that’s part of the tactic or whatever.

“Jonny accepts our reasons for rejecting it.

“That’s three times we have had them on now and they have been told it’s nowhere near the valuation we have of him."

Whether McInnes' latest comments derail Cardiff's pursuit of the twice-capped Irish winger remains to be seen. But if the Bluebirds want to land their man before the window shuts on January 31 , it seems Aberdeen will demand much more money.

“If they value him the way we do then they will need to be serious with their offer, but so far it has just been the same one," added McInnes.

“He is invaluable to us in terms of his influence and his performances. But sometimes there does come a time when you get an offer where you have to weigh things up.

“At this stage we are way short of being there.

“There’s nothing we can do about it, I spoke to Jonny and he understands that.

“We just have to get on with our work, it is the actions of others who will determine what happens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City's latest offer was Bizarre Says '

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:31 pm

McInnes cannot shut up about it can he. No wonder the player may be unsettled, his manager keeps showing him offers that they supposedly are not accepting.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:51 pm

I'll be honest here when I heard the guy was only on 3k pw(supposedly)my jaw dropped.Knowing he could at least treble his money it must be a no brainer for him.Add to that the fact that neither us or them have come out and said its off tells me we are playing the waiting game.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Why is our offer bizarre, it included a season ticket for all the family for Swansea City ! hoho :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I'll be honest here when I heard the guy was only on 3k pw(supposedly)my jaw dropped.Knowing he could at least treble his money it must be a no brainer for him.Add to that the fact that neither us or them have come out and said its off tells me we are playing the waiting game.

The fact that he can treble or more his wages means he will move, it's obvious.

I love the fact Warnock is making them sweat, we are in the driving seat, they can take it or leave it, but now have an unsettled player, we could easily find an alternative.

He'll be here by the end of the window, they will already have his replacement lined up.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Wayne S wrote:McInnes cannot shut up about it can he. No wonder the player may be unsettled, his manager keeps showing him offers that they supposedly are not accepting.

nowhere near our valuation should mean end not hold hourly press conferances

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
Wayne S wrote:McInnes cannot shut up about it can he. .....

Nowhere near our valuation should mean end not hold hourly press conferances

:lol: