Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ben Turner is back '

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Turner back

Ben Turner will be back at Cardiff City for Burton Albion this week. Will he get a warm reception at CCS?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Ben Turner is back '

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Absolutely he should get a good reception before and after the game.

Didn't want to leave the club but had no choice when no sensible offer of a new contract was made to him.

Will never forget that equaliser in the League Cup Final - without a doubt one of the very best moments I've had in over 45 years supporting City! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And a very decent bloke too.

Hope he gets a great welcome back and ends up on the losing side at the end.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:44 pm

davids wrote:Absolutely he should get a good reception before and after the game.

Didn't want to leave the club but had no choice when no sensible offer of a new contract was made to him.

Will never forget that equaliser in the League Cup Final - without a doubt one of the very best moments I've had in over 45 years supporting City! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed David, He was worth keeping on as well as a good squad player, instead we just gave him away.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:Absolutely he should get a good reception before and after the game.

Agreed David, He was worth keeping on as well as a good squad player, instead we just gave him away.

Annis, for me I'd prefer him to Morrison though I know many on here would disagree!

I think he's played most of this season injury free which just goes to show that perhaps it was a bit short sighted to let him go at the end of his contract.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:17 pm

He will get a good reception before and after the game,deserves it.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Absolutely! I'll never forget his goal in Wembley v Liverpool, or his celebration!
Always put his body on the line when he played for us! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:53 pm

he was a good lad and gave it his all when he was here. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm sure plenty of people will give him a good reception. Can't see no reason why not to be honest :bluescarf: :ayatollah: turner :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Deserves a good reception for sure. Was a great servant to the club!

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:16 pm

The best every performance I've seen from a Cardiff Centre back was Turner vs villa at home in the prem

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:17 pm

I hope he does I'm sure he will. :clap:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Just the type of player that would have improved under NW
Will get a good reception.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:18 pm

:ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:35 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:The best every performance I've seen from a Cardiff Centre back was Turner vs villa at home in the prem

He was astonishlingly good that day, you could tell he was a brummie :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Be prepared to watch the ball in the air then

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Should get a great reception. Always loved big Ben. Always gave his best. And "that goal" in the league cup final vs Liverpool. As long as I live will never forget it.

I was in a pub in Ireland surrounding by Liverpool fans. And I remember when we got the corner saying to my mate we are gonna score here. Think it was more wishful thinkful than anything but big Ben gave me an amazing Buzz. And virtually every pool fan said we deserved it and should of won that game. Amazing memories.

Thank you Ben.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:43 pm

I was disappointed when he was let go. He has his failings but he always gave 100%. I hope he plays well on Saturday but ends up on the losing side. I wonder whether NW would have liked him to stay.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 pm

He's bound to score against us from a corner ( although I still expect a win for us 2-1 ). :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:29 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:The best every performance I've seen from a Cardiff Centre back was Turner vs villa at home in the prem

And our genius manager ole dropped him next game.

Always liked Turner and was far better than Morrison in my eyes as he had more heart, was more vocal and was deceptively quick for a big unit and could catch the odd striker something Morrison can never do if turned. Can see why city let him go as probably on big wages but surely should have at least offered reduced deal and try get a price for one of other centre backs on books.

Him and Hudson were probably our most successful centre back partnership of last 40 years (send we have had some good ones) as those two and Marshall were the outstanding players and spine of team in promotion year.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Ben turner obviously was not not the most talented footballer, his distribution was questionable, however his tackling was immense, never a little toe in, but 15 stone thrown in with the right amount of aggression - and always 100 percent effort, love him!!

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:41 pm

He was ok. Preferred Hudson.

Deserves a good reception.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Burton Albion defender Ben Turner is looking forward to returning to Cardiff City - but doesn't feel he has any point to prove to the club that released him last summer. The 28-year-old centre-back spent five years with the Bluebirds from 2011 to 2016, making 111 league appearances in both the Premier League and Championship.

Turner was part of the Cardiff side that won the club's first ever promotion to the top flight in 2013, and made 31 Premier League appearances over the 2013/14 season for City. But after a string of ankle injuries, now corrected following an operation, Turner was released in the summer of 2016 as his contract at the Cardiff City Stadium expired, with no negotiation over a potential new deal.

And Turner says, despite being let go and eventually picked up by the Brewers over the summer, Turner does not feel he has anything to prove to his previous employers when Albion visit City on Saturday (3pm).

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:37 am

Definitely, always gave 100% for City and some great memories. He was at the heart of the best defence in the league under malky and although his distribution has held him back his defending is second to non in this league imo!

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:48 am

Can remember leaving a away game some where,and Ben weren't announced as being in the team,rumour spread that a big bid had come in for him,and he was being sold,season or so later he was let go for free,true cardiff fashion

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Sir hoofalot did his best. Played with his heart :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Solid as a rock a Warnock type defender.