Sacked Cardiff City manager beats sacked Swansea City boss t

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Sacked Cardiff City manager beats sacked Swansea City boss to national coaching job -

Media Wales

19/01/17

Normally the arrival of a new Norwegian national manager wouldn't raise many eyebrows in South Wales.

However, this time the appointment of a new man has added interest for fans of both Cardiff City and Swansea City.

The two main contenders for the top job have previously been seen in the dugout at the Liberty and Cardiff City Stadium.

Both men were eventually relieved of their duties in South Wales, and it's the former Cardiff boss who has triumphed on this occasion.

The two men in question are Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Bob Bradley.

Solskjaer failed to lift the Bluebirds but he is a legend in Norway (Photo: Tom Martin/WALES NEWS SERVICE)
Solskjaer looks set to take the helm of his national side after his club side Molde have given the Norwegian Football Federation permission to speak to him about the job.

The Norwegian league is currently not in action but the former Manchester United man guided Molde to sixth in the Tippeligaen in 2016 as well as lifting the title with the club in 2011 and 2012.

However, recently sacked Swans boss Bob Bradley had held discussions with the NFF about taking over the Norwegian national team.

Bob Bradley had held talks with the Norwegian Football Federation about the national job
"I had two very good years in Norway and I was very flattered that my name would even be considered," Bradley told FourFourTwo.

"I had a good discussion with the people there and now they are trying to look at options and figure out the best way to move forward so we'll see what happens.

It looks as though the former Swansea boss will miss out though.

Bradley had a successful spell with Norwegian club side Stabaek prior to his role at Swansea and is highly regarded in Norway - Stabaek's sporting director even tipped him for the top job.

Solskjaer won the Norwegian league title with Molde in 2011 and 2012

But Solskejaear is the man, and he comes to the job with a wealth of experience in Norway despite his disappointing spell in charge of the Bluebirds.

Between them, the two men won just 11 of their combined 41 games in South Wales, but with successful stints in Norwegian domestic football, their stock is much higher in Scandinavia.

Norway have been without a manager since Per-Mathias Hogmo stood down after a World Cup qualifying defeat to Switzerland in November.

Solskjaer has a tough job on his hands as Norway sit second bottom of their World Cup qualifying group, with matches against Germany and Northern Ireland to come.
Attachments
Solskjaer-waving.jpg
Solskjaer-waving.jpg (31.11 KiB) Viewed 1948 times
JS107311357.jpg
JS107311357.jpg (24.1 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sacked Cardiff City manager beats sacked Swansea City bo

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Just read elsewhere he's turned it down now and decided to stay at Molde?
RV Casual

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:36 pm

RV Casual wrote:Just read elsewhere he's turned it down now and decided to stay at Molde?

Yes mate. He has been building a new team, and have ambitions to take them to champions league. Wants to fulfill his commitment.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Just read elsewhere he's turned it down now and decided to stay at Molde?

Yes mate. He has been building a new team, and have ambitions to take them to champions league. Wants to fulfill his commitment.

Jesus they must be desperate Ole or Bradley, both useless :shock:

It's taken years to clear up the mess Ole left us in !!!!
Bluebina

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Lol
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:

people keep saying this. i did think OGS was a wrong fit but mess?
we had lost 3 games out of 7 to pretty good sides who all achieved 78pts or more
put into context Leeds lost 4 of their first 7 this season.
the mess came with the pendulum transfer policy that was over seen by 2 puppet managers over the last 4 windows.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:34 am

dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

we had lost 3 games out of 7 to pretty good sides who all achieved 78pts or more
the mess came with the pendulum transfer policy that was over seen by 2 puppet managers over the last 4 windows.

47 first team players. At least 2/3's of which would be expecting to play week in week out.

Massively overpaid, over ratted, unfit and undermotived squad.

Ripped our spine out that got us promoted - super kev, Hudson, Conway amongst others.

Changed sometimes 4/5 players week to week. Changed formation weekly, and then again during games.

Yes the squad size and wages could have been controlled by the board most definitely, but had we had a good manager working with a strong squad and open check book we'd have bounced strait back up. Ole was utter dog shit!
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:41 am

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

47 first team players. At least 2/3's of which would be expecting to play week in week out.

Massively overpaid, over ratted, unfit and undermotived squad.

Ripped our spine out that got us promoted - super kev, Hudson, Conway amongst others.

Changed sometimes 4/5 players week to week. Changed formation weekly, and then again during games.

Yes the squad size and wages could have been controlled by the board most definitely, but had we had a good manager working with a strong squad and open check book we'd have bounced strait back up. Ole was utter dog shit!

i thought the amount of players was insane too, but the reality is the squad size grew by just 1 under OGS.it was insane under Malky too. and whenwe decided to pay 7 contracts up 3 months after OGS departure i could see the sense. enter Slade who signed 7 more?
kev and conway had already been shipped out on loan by Malky..OGS actually brought kev back and played him. Hudson i think had been injured a lot { but in my eyes leting him go was a his biggest mistake}.it was actually Malky that ripped the spine out of the promotion side we had gne up, spent a fortune,its what most promoted clubs do.

I could go on but wont because its begining to sound like im the sec of his fan club which im not. the time was not right for him in prem. and the championship he had no experience of. i didnt get the five changes per game or tinkering with tactics constantly either.
but my view is he left us early enough for that season to be retrieved and with a lot of decent players { i think the majority of us thought a promotion push before a ball was kicked }
since then..we have had this pendulum stuff..pay off 7 contracts..bring in 7 cheaper no matter of quality.
lose 4 strikers in a window when we have a transfer embargo.get shot of two left backs and bring in 2 different ones { dont think our current manager rates either} sell the keepers replace but end up spending more buying replacements for the replacements.
i dont think any of that was slade or trollopes idea, but they stood back and nodded htheir heads.
its a real shame we didnt get Warnock or someone like Warnock { a manager that cared} back then
dogfound

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:44 pm

"without a fight". This is utter garbage and disrespectful to the players :old: They fought in the premier like there was no tomorrow! They had maybe two or three players that had the quality to play in premier league. That is down to Malky, and Ole got 7 mill to strengthen in January ( equal on Jordan Rhodes :oops: ). IMO he didn't spend it good, but he was close to getting players like Fonte and Mame Diuf. No doubt that would have saved us, but it wasn't to be. But to rip the players from their fight? They got murdered all season bar a few games. They fought like lions both under Malky and Ole, and got more often than not played out of the park. Crystal Palace stand as the worst for me.. The club was in complete chaos. There where reds and blues even within the staff. How could any one succeed under those conditions? Please, get real.. Just look at the debacle surrounding that palace game. It was insane..
You'd have to be dumb as hammers not to see what has been going on over a longer period of time. And you have to be even dumber to believe Slades fitness freud :lol:
Young Daehli said it right. We have both the squad to challenge for promotion, and the players who can develop to sustain us in the premier league.. Right or wrong, Ole didn't rip that apart. A lying shamster of a spineless manager did..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Luckily there's no relegation places in the Internationals.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Luckily there's no relegation places in the Internationals.

There is.. Its called Fifa rankings and seeding.. You know, the one Norway was ranked top two throughout the 90`s, playing Warnock fotball ;) Whats the relevance?
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:57 pm

There is.. Its called Fifa rankings and seeding.. You know, the one Norway was ranked top two throughout the 90`s, playing Warnock fotball ;) Whats the relevance?

Shows that kick and rush is the way if you were in the top two Warnock keep it up! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Shows that kick and rush is the way if you were in the top two Warnock keep it up! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Its a matter of what you like, i guess.. I like to think football have evolved from that, and is more dynamic and beautiful game now a days :occasion5:
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Its a matter of what you like, i guess.. I like to think football have evolved from that, and is more dynamic and beautiful game now a days :occasion5:

Leicester showed that's not the case last season and Pulis's West Brom are doing alright with it this season. :thumbup:
Rydogsccfc

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Leicester showed that's not the case last season and Pulis's West Brom are doing alright with it this season. :thumbup:

From my point of view, its called "blitzkrieg", and is only effective in short term.. But from what i read today, Solskjaer agree with you.. He said Norway should submit to its limitations, and play like they did in the 90`s. Its statistically the better option with the material optional. Bit like Warnock philosophy? Or Even Ranieri?
Scandinavianbluebird

Return to General Chat