Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BLOODY HELL " DAVE JONES BLASTED BY EX CARDIFF CITY HERO

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:52 pm

DJ is a peculiar man from his rants to his pitchside hand in pocket look, he eventually lost dressing room and fans but he did well with what he had at City and I found the guy funny, felt a bit sorry for him, didn't help himself with the netball affair and that but fair play to the man.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:58 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Never met him on a personsl level but respect what he did here as a Manager although I do believe he should have gone after the 08/09 season.

The way that ended for me was unforgivable and he should have resigned.

really?
only one year after an FA CUP FINAL.first for 90 years
and our highest finish for nearly 40 years
not to mention sales of players being 7 mill and purchases less than 700k
if thats resignation criteria there should be about 90 manager resignations this afternoon

Yes really, we needed something like 2 points from 12 if I remember correctly from the last 4 games, and went on a run of 3 defeats and a draw.

But they were not just defeats they were hammerings, 6-0 at Preston, 0-3 at home to Ipswich and despite the final score only being 1-0 the defeat at Sheffield Wednesday who had f**k all to play for was a total wipeout.

I felt he had lost the dressing room and that he couldn't motivate the players anymore, I respected him for what he had done (which I said in my original post) but felt he had taken us as far as he was going to but that it was time to move on, just my opinon :thumbup:

i was as gutted as anyone and did all 4 games. the trip home from sheffield was my lowest point as a Cardiff fan .gutted .they just ran out of energy not unlike spurs last season.
but the big picture was best in nearly 40 years and followed by an even better season despite having lost the dressing room for the tenth time.
any of the previous 30 odd years had someone asked me a CUP final and 7th in 2nd tier in 2 years id have bitten their hands off. i just cant get my head around wanting the manager thats done the best in all that time to resign.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Wolfpac wrote:DJ is a peculiar man from his rants to his pitchside hand in pocket look, he eventually lost dressing room and fans but he did well with what he had at City and I found the guy funny, felt a bit sorry for him, didn't help himself with the netball affair and that but fair play to the man.

lost it where
lol its in the boot of toozeys car nxt to the baseball bat

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Never met him on a personsl level but respect what he did here as a Manager although I do believe he should have gone after the 08/09 season.

really?
if thats resignation criteria there should be about 90 manager resignations this afternoon

Yes really, we needed something like 2 points from 12 if I remember correctly from the last 4 games, and went on a run of 3 defeats and a draw.

But they were not just defeats they were hammerings, 6-0 at Preston, 0-3 at home to Ipswich and despite the final score only being 1-0 the defeat at Sheffield Wednesday who had f**k all to play for was a total wipeout.

I felt he had lost the dressing room and that he couldn't motivate the players anymore, I respected him for what he had done (which I said in my original post) but felt he had taken us as far as he was going to but that it was time to move on, just my opinon :thumbup:

i was as gutted as anyone and did all 4 games. the trip home from sheffield was my lowest point as a Cardiff fan .gutted .they just ran out of energy not unlike spurs last season.
but the big picture was best in nearly 40 years and followed by an even better season despite having lost the dressing room for the tenth time.
any of the previous 30 odd years had someone asked me a CUP final and 7th in 2nd tier in 2 years id have bitten their hands off. i just cant get my head around wanting the manager thats done the best in all that time to resign.

So I take it you don't think he should have gone after the Play Off Final defeat either then by that logic?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

really?

So I take it you don't think he should have gone after the Play Off Final defeat either then by that logic?

i think he was working under difficult circumstances throughout and performed minor miracles.
to a point he was a victim of his own success,because Cardiff competing at the top end of this division was at the time something we had not done for many a year.
me?.i wouldnt have sacked him even when we did.. we ended his final season with 1 defeat in 10 lge games but he lost the dressing room?.im sure NW is desperately trying to lose the dressing room if it results in that form.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

really?

i think he was working under difficult circumstances throughout and performed minor miracles.
to a point he was a victim of his own success,because Cardiff competing at the top end of this division was at the time something we had not done for many a year.
me?.i wouldnt have sacked him even when we did.. we ended his final season with 1 defeat in 10 lge games but he lost the dressing room?.im sure NW is desperately trying to lose the dressing room if it results in that form.

I respect your opinion and I do see where your coming from, there is an argument he should have been given a crack at it with a bit of money but for me I just felt like his heart wasn't in it, I felt like it was time for a change, a new man with fresh ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him or saying he didn't do well for us I just thought his time had come and gone :thumbup:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:38 pm

If DJ had the money boring boring malky had we would still be in the prem imo if he had been given what malky had the season we went, the trouble is like many have said and dj said himself it was done on the cheap and had to sell players to get by :bluescarf:
although 4-4 away at peterbrough still haunts me :laughing6:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

really?

I respect your opinion and I do see where your coming from, there is an argument he should have been given a crack at it with a bit of money but for me I just felt like his heart wasn't in it, I felt like it was time for a change, a new man with fresh ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him or saying he didn't do well for us I just thought his time had come and gone :thumbup:

although i said i wouldnt have sacked him i agree he looked a bit fed up. he became less and less press friendly so maybe it was time.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:We were class under Dave, can't deny it :thumbright:

What a lot of people forget as well he was being slagged off every week by that poisonous dwarf david chip on his shoulder Giles remind who Giles ever managed or coached he was slagging Jones of on real radio as far as I'm concerned he got us to the fa cup final i remmber those first eleven games that season when we packed ninian pack out yes we faded in the end but to see ninian park like that was fantastic

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Promotions under Dave jones zero.
Silverware won under Dave jones zero.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:08 pm

skiprat wrote:Promotions under Dave jones zero.

Good times watching the Bluebirds under Dave Jones - loads.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:16 pm

you missed one. money spent under Dave Jones zero

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Lanky Frankie wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Lanky Frankie wrote:Far better manager and football than Malky.

He won more promotions than Malky for a start. Maybe not with us but he got to the Premier League playing football the way it should be played.

So he didnt dress up as Santa in the Xmas party. Big deal. Who cares.

To be fair to Malky I enjoyed the Football under him in the first season especially, the tempo and high pressing was quality, it was a shame he seemed to change his style after a while and went ultra defensive in some games in the PL.

it was like watching paint dry. Play for a 0-0 and hope to nick a set piece. Ill never forget him celebrating a 0-0 up in Stoke where we didnt muster a shot in anger like hed just won the Premier League.

Couldt stand the arrogant tw*t

There was NO arrogance from Malky to the fans.just unity :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Play -offs first season, Carling Cup Final,drew with Liverpool 2-2 with NO money :thumbright: :thumbright:
2nd season Won Promotion/Championship/Runaway winners and back in Top flight football after a 51 year absence.
3rd season, with even Tan on his back 24/7, City never in bottom three of the Premier League.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:34 pm

dogfound wrote:

Dave Jones was given by the Riddler massive money, for massive wages a fact and six years of it.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:37 pm

He won more promotions than Malky for a start. Maybe not with us but he got to the Premier League playing football the way it should be played.

:oops: :oops: :oops: Really !!!!! Listen overall you could say he did well, however he bottled the FA Cup final which was there for the taking, Didn't make the Play Offs the following season after beating Burnley, to virtually secure a Play Off place, he screwed it up. Then we lose to Blackpool in following season Play Off final, Screwed up again the following season when we should have gone up automatically but then bombed out of the Play offs, Got the sack, and Malky came in with about 9 players left on the books after Jones, bought in a few players and somehow got us to a Cup Final and the Play Offs, Oh yes he then won the Championship and got us into the Premier League. So IMO glad he is gone. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Dave Jones was given by the Riddler massive money, for massive wages a fact and six years of it.

so why were we selling so many players ?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We did in the first couple of years,but as time went on DJ was allowed a lot of big names and City had a side full of big earners under DJ a fact.

Your Michael Chopras and your Jay Bothroyds were in them days on at least £15,000 and 1£8,000 a week a fact.

Even players like Warren Feeney my mate were given three times there wages they were on at their previous clubs.

Plus

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Robbie Fowler were on well over £25,000 a week and that was those days.

Its total bullshit Dave Jones had no money.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lanky Frankie wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

To be fair to Malky I enjoyed the Football under him in the first season especially, the tempo and high pressing was quality, it was a shame he seemed to change his style after a while and went ultra defensive in some games in the PL.

it was like watching paint dry. Play for a 0-0 and hope to nick a set piece. Ill never forget him celebrating a 0-0 up in Stoke where we didnt muster a shot in anger like hed just won the Premier League.

Couldt stand the arrogant tw*t

There was NO arrogance from Malky to the fans.just unity :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Play -offs first season, Carling Cup Final,drew with Liverpool 2-2 with NO money :thumbright: :thumbright:
2nd season Won Promotion/Championship/Runaway winners and back in Top flight football after a 51 year absence.
3rd season, with even Tan on his back 24/7, City never in bottom three of the Premier League.

Blinded by a fistpump and a Santa Clause outfit

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We did in the first couple of years,but as time went on DJ was allowed a lot of big names and City had a side full of big earners under DJ a fact.

Your Michael Chopras and your Jay Bothroyds were in them days on at least £15,000 and 1£8,000 a week a fact.

Even players like Warren Feeney my mate were given three times there wages they were on at their previous clubs.

Plus

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Robbie Fowler were on well over £25,000 a week and that was those days.

In the same way it's bullshit Malky had no money first season. Utter bullshit.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Plus

so this money.where exactly did it come from?
gates were not great
no parachute money
no big sponsorship deal
maybe the ridler wasnt so bad after all and poured in zillions

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:54 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Plus

gates were not great
no parachute money
no big sponsorship deal

Have you forgot how the Riddler run the debts up even higher.

The Riddler knew his football,had the contacts,but could not handle money.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 pm

From Facebook

Lee Beames:

Dave Jones was a complete and utter wanker. Had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting the prick whilst helping covering city games with the echo. He had no respect for the fans at all. Dismissed the derby games with Swansea as nothing compared to other derby games he was involved with. Prick

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Plus

gates were not great
no parachute money
no big sponsorship deal

yes the debts got bigger but single digit millions. read the above this wasnt a club whose spending was even in the top half of our division . and we even had a transfer embargo one year.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:56 pm

" Have any of you lot on here played professional football? No. That's why you don't know what you are talking about and why I take no notice of you! "

I fall into Ginger and Bellers camp.

Arrogant wanker. But I did like the way we used to play to win all games, even if we lost. He used to take the draw out of the equation. One win in 3 games was better than 0 wins 2 draws.

Still a cant though :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 pm

We had good times under Dave Jones, and with Malky. However, calling somebody a J. Arthur on social media is a bit childish, and not very classy. I'd rather remember Andy's goal against QPR.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:28 pm

For me Dave Jones will always be the manager that failed to get us to the premier with the best squad we ever had.

I believe that if we got there then we would have been an establish premier club. We were primed to go up and it was a disaster we did not win the Championship.

Only positive I have about him is when we played good football it was perhaps the best we played. That was spoilt with some awful football from his teams. His big failing was consistancy. We would go on 3 or 4 bad runs which would cost us those seasons.

It never bothered me his lack of show for passion. What bothered me was the money he was on and the fact he failed to deliver.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:32 pm

Andy@s carer went downhill after his moment of glory.
That wasnt DJs fault.
As for his attitude to the games against the Jacks just look at his reaction to Chopras winning goal. :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58 pm

DJ came across as arrogant and pig headed and to some fans that meant he was unlike able.
Me personally, for the most part he was a success, generally enjoyed the way we played. Accepted that his 4-4-2 was predictable, but more often than not it was entertaining .
As others have pointed out he took us to a play off final and an F A cup final. The finger of blame has been pointed at Jones for both defeats, Pompey.......why not play Ramsey? But little mention of shit defending by Capaldi & a poor effort from Enckelman?
Blackpool, seemed to be why didn't he do this & that? To me, Bothroyd & his injury or not cost us dearly.
All in all I think DJ was a success at our club, give me him over Slade, Solskaer or Trollope any day of the week :thumbup:

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:10 am

Bakedalasker wrote:For me Dave Jones will always be the manager that failed to get us to the premier with the best squad we ever had.

I believe that if we got there then we would have been an establish premier club. We were primed to go up and it was a disaster we did not win the Championship.

Only positive I have about him is when we played good football it was perhaps the best we played. That was spoilt with some awful football from his teams. His big failing was consistancy. We would go on 3 or 4 bad runs which would cost us those seasons.

It never bothered me his lack of show for passion. What bothered me was the money he was on and the fact he failed to deliver.

yes it was the best squad. built on peanuts compared to what followed FACT.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:29 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Plus

gates were not great
no parachute money
no big sponsorship deal

yes the debts got bigger but single digit millions. read the above this wasnt a club whose spending was even in the top half of our division . and we even had a transfer embargo one year.

Your missing my point, DJ did have quality players and did have big names,yet failed to achieve anything after 6 years and thats a fact.

Blackpoll, Pompey were there to be beaten and every season he was the nearly man who bottled it.