Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea have the 19th Highest Wage Bill In Europe!!?!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

Something don't sound right to me here mate, surely they could pocket money from player sales, el capitano is telling a few porky pies me thinks.

As stated, player sales are amortised. It means payments are staggered. Profits are calculated on monies in and out in that financial year and do not take into consideration future monies. This is basic stuff and clear as day, I am amazed you think I am lying about basic facts that are available anywhere you wish to look.

They could only "pocket" a dividend if they vote to take one. And then, they can only split the profit (which will obviously be minimal). By doing that they would be paying The Trust 22% of money and strengthen their position as they would then be able to buy shares in a share option, giving them the opportunity to get to 25%. There are a million reasons why they would never take a dividend, this is just one staggeringly obvious one.

Does the club actually offer a dividend re-investment plan? If not, how will the Trust get their additional shares to take them to 25%. Just curious as I have no idea how this club operates.

You would assume that eventually the majority shareholders will want to offer a share option, however there is rules in place where any selling party must offer them to other shareholders first. If the Trust have money in the bank (they only have 800k at this moment I believe so could not participate currently), then they could ideally get to their 25% in future share releases. That would devalue the Americans shareholding by a signifficant %. There is no way on earth they would want to arm the Trust with that kind of money, all for essentially peanuts worth of dividend.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Capitano wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

Something don't sound right to me here mate, surely they could pocket money from player sales, el capitano is telling a few porky pies me thinks.

As stated, player sales are amortised. It means payments are staggered. Profits are calculated on monies in and out in that financial year and do not take into consideration future monies. This is basic stuff and clear as day, I am amazed you think I am lying about basic facts that are available anywhere you wish to look.

They could only "pocket" a dividend if they vote to take one. And then, they can only split the profit (which will obviously be minimal). By doing that they would be paying The Trust 22% of money and strengthen their position as they would then be able to buy shares in a share option, giving them the opportunity to get to 25%. There are a million reasons why they would never take a dividend, this is just one staggeringly obvious one.

Does the club actually offer a dividend re-investment plan? If not, how will the Trust get their additional shares to take them to 25%. Just curious as I have no idea how this club operates.

You would assume that eventually the majority shareholders will want to offer a share option, however there is rules in place where any selling party must offer them to other shareholders first. If the Trust have money in the bank (they only have 800k at this moment I believe so could not participate currently), then they could ideally get to their 25% in future share releases. That would devalue the Americans shareholding by a signifficant %. There is no way on earth they would want to arm the Trust with that kind of money, all for essentially peanuts worth of dividend.

if the trust are offered to buy the new share issue but can not afford to buy the 22% of those new shares {which they can not }their overall % will decrease you beaut

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:06 pm

Capitano wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

The majority may not wish to increase the number of shares in the club,because as you say, the value of the club will not increase, the individual share price becomes diluted. If the Americans do not want to see the Trust becoming more powerful, they will be careful not to create additional shares. I am aware that the rules regarding dividend re-investment plans changed in 2016, and holders in certain companies who received their dividends in additional shares can no longer do so as this option was removed. I know from personal experience as I now have to have one of my dividends paid directly to my bank account or by cheque. The DRIP option was removed.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:16 pm

dogfound wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

if the trust are offered to buy the new share issue but can not afford to buy the 22% of those new shares {which they can not }their overall % will decrease you beaut

Which is why they will not arm them with cash my beutiful, hence why they will certainly not be issuing dividends. Not to mention the fact they could then buy the other shareholders holdings. Think please.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
The majority may not wish to increase the number of shares in the club,because as you say, the value of the club will not increase, the individual share price becomes diluted. If the Americans do not want to see the Trust becoming more powerful, they will be careful not to create additional shares. I am aware that the rules regarding dividend re-investment plans changed in 2016, and holders in certain companies who received their dividends in additional shares can no longer do so as this option was removed. I know from personal experience as I now have to have one of my dividends paid directly to my bank account or by cheque. The DRIP option was removed.

But that is something they will most certainly want to do at some point. They know the Trust do not have money to buy them currently so the last thing they want to do is give them millions and put them in a position where they could acquire 3% shares. We are talking peanuts here too by the way, a couple of million. For venture capitalists, they would almost certainly see more value in ploughing that into the business as they need to improve it in order to sell.

I must say it is refreshing to get a genuine post on the matter that isnt looking for drama.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Capitano wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

Which is why they will not arm them with cash my beutiful, hence why they will certainly not be issuing dividends. Not to mention the fact they could then buy the other shareholders holdings. Think please.

try reading. where do i mention dividends ?
READ PLEASE. i wont ask you to think because you dont. the only parts youve got correct in this thread are the ones i actually corrected you on a month back. when you were ealing or kent or wilts blue or what ever
a halfwit with a mask is still a halfwit

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
Capitano wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

READ PLEASE. i wont ask you to think because you dont. the only parts youve got correct in this thread are the ones i actually corrected you on a month back. when you were ealing or kent or wilts blue or what ever

:lol: you keep telling yourself that doggy, you may even believe it one day. Every single part of what I say here is fact, every part. :thumbright: if you are not mentioning dividends then you have no idea what this thread is about... Its about them taking dividends due to unsustainable wages next term (or some made up nonsense) :laughing6: I then go on to explain why they most certainly will not do this. Easy.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:07 am

Capitano wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Capitano wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

:lol: you keep telling yourself that doggy, you may even believe it one day. Every single part of what I say here is fact, every part. :thumbright: if you are not mentioning dividends then you have no idea what this thread is about... Its about them taking dividends due to unsustainable wages next term (or some made up nonsense) :laughing6: I then go on to explain why they most certainly will not do this. Easy.

its NOT about dividends dopey. try READING IT.
anywayz im off before you start on your sports degree in Cardiff met being the equivalent to loughborough whicxh in turn is equivalent to a doctorate at oxbridge. i think that was the arguement you were having just prior to your infamous meltdown while argueing with erm.polo?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:12 am

dogfound wrote:
anywayz im off before you start on your sports degree in Cardiff met being the equivalent to loughborough whicxh in turn is equivalent to a doctorate at oxbridge. i think that was the arguement you were having just prior to your infamous meltdown while argueing with erm.polo?

Are you feeling ok? You seem to be blabbering about everything and anything that enters your mind - none of which makes any semblance of sense, you need some blinkers and some sense of what is going on here. Focus man. It is about dividends. READ CAREFULLY. They are suggesting the Americans will asset strip. The only way to asset strip is to sell and then take at the end of year in dividends. However due to player sales being amortised they would get nowhere near enough to make that a viable option, especially as they would have to give away 32% of any profit and only take 68% less tax. They would also arm the Trust with enough money to try and strengthen their position in the future (and instantly devalue their shares to far more than any dividend payout) or of course purchase from other shareholders. It is pretty easy to grasp, just calm down, take a breather and chat. You seem starstruck currently. Understandble. :thumbright:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:22 am

Capitano wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Are you feeling ok? You seem to be blabbering about everything and anything that enters your mind - none of which makes any semblance of sense, you need some blinkers and some sense of what is going on here. Focus man. It is about dividends. READ CAREFULLY. They are suggesting the Americans will asset strip. The only way to asset strip is to sell and then take at the end of year in dividends. However due to player sales being amortised they would get nowhere near enough to make that a viable option, especially as they would have to give away 32% of any profit and only take 68% less tax. They would also arm the Trust with enough money to try and strengthen their position in the future (and instantly devalue their shares to far more than any dividend payout) or of course purchase from other shareholders. It is pretty easy to grasp, just calm down, take a breather and chat. You seem starstruck currently. Understandble. :thumbright:

the meltdown is on.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 am

Meltdown? No wonder you are throwing accusations of meltdowns around. You seem to think a meltdown is someone talking a bit of sense in a calm and incredibly patient manner. :lol:

I notice that you are continuing to post after frustratedly claiming you "were off", that reminds me of someone hmmm :laughing6:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:40 am

Capitano wrote:Meltdown? No wonder you are throwing accusations of meltdowns around. You seem to think a meltdown is someone talking a bit of sense in a calm and incredibly patient manner. :lol:

I notice that you are continuing to post after frustratedly claiming you "were off", that reminds me of someone hmmm :laughing6:

i stuck around for a few posts in hope of an action replay .
reminds you of someone.hmmm. i wonder who that poster is who always accuses others of being paranoid re Roath and seeing any new poster as a possible new roathy ID.?
surely not the calm collected patient wolf of ramsey street.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:43 am

dogfound wrote:
Capitano wrote:Meltdown? No wonder you are throwing accusations of meltdowns around. You seem to think a meltdown is someone talking a bit of sense in a calm and incredibly patient manner. :lol:

i stuck around for a few posts in hope of an action replay .
reminds you of someone.hmmm. i wonder who that poster is who always accuses others of being paranoid re Roath and seeing any new poster as a possible new roathy ID.?
surely not the calm collected patient wolf of ramsey street.

Another post? Someone seems agitated tonight :laughing6:

Roath sounds like a sensible chap, he has clearly tapped into the paranoia and obsessionary tendancies of the posters here. Maybe I can take it a step further and actually get a modicum of sense out of you lot :laughing6:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:48 am

Seriously seek help fella.

You aint well. You have been on here all day arguing the toss about Swansea.

You need to get a life, it's not healthy.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 am

RV Casual wrote:Seriously seek help fella.

You aint well. You have been on here all day arguing the toss about Swansea.

You need to get a life, it's not healthy.

Yeah so you keep saying :D

Although I prefer educating than arguing if you will.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:44 am

You prefer being a Narcissistic tool who talks down to people always having the final say like a self righteous prat. Seek help, go on your fellow fans forum and do us all a favour and say good bye, but you can't because you have the constant desire to feel your self importance.

If your so intelligent how come your on here hounding our fans just for the final say? Hmmm because your an insecure mess seeking self righteousness off the back of others. What a Tool!!!

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:01 am

Dessy1927 wrote:You prefer being a Narcissistic tool who talks down to people always having the final say like a self righteous prat. Seek help, go on your fellow fans forum and do us all a favour and say good bye, but you can't because you have the constant desire to feel your self importance.

If your so intelligent how come your on here hounding our fans just for the final say? Hmmm because your an insecure mess seeking self righteousness off the back of others. What a Tool!!!

Hes not tolerated on their forum. The forum owner gets rid of him straight away and doesnt put up with his little game just for hits.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:14 am

polo wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:You prefer being a Narcissistic tool who talks down to people always having the final say like a self righteous prat. Seek help, go on your fellow fans forum and do us all a favour and say good bye, but you can't because you have the constant desire to feel your self importance.

Hes not tolerated on their forum. The forum owner gets rid of him straight away and doesnt put up with his little game just for hits.

He is certainly a very strange person. He is a bit like I was when I was about 12 years old, always had to have the last word and always right even when everyone else can see different. Most people grow out of that attitude, and if they did'nt they would quickly find themselves without any friends. I guess that's why he spends so much time on here, probably has been ignored for years because nobody likes a know-it-all, worse still someone who thinks they know it all.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am

It is called a conversation isn't it? If I ignored you I would be ignorant, if I answer you then I am petulant. Couldn't make it up. As I have said plenty of times, if you do not want a reply then don't bother posting. I can't think of any other walk of life where you would enter a conversation with someone and then abuse them for replying sensibly. Incredibly odd. :?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:27 am

polo wrote: Hes not tolerated on their forum. The forum owner gets rid of him straight away and doesn't put up with his little game just for hits.

I have been a member of PS for years and many other forums, always an interesting debate to be had on there regarding football and only the handful of folks on here get all in a tizz, it is highly amusing that people have such a reaction to common sense on here. But let's not let the facts get in the way of your habit of a lifetime, talking bollox Mr Mini Pembroke Allen :D

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:32 am

I have said many times, speak about football and there would be no personal tittle tattle what so ever, but you (and a few other fanboys) are incapable of doing it and then throw your toys out of the pram when I don't stoop to your level.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 am

Capitano wrote:I have said many times, speak about football and there would be no personal tittle tattle what so ever, but you (and a few other fanboys) are incapable of doing it and then throw your toys out of the pram when I don't stoop to your level.

Your a w#nker!! There I said it. You talk shit then play the innocent hard done by roathie. You say talk football and there's no problem.... bollocks....Talking football and accept your right every time....you just cannot accept your wrong on any issue whatsoever.... you insist on having the last word like a little kid....yesterday even after several fans dropped out of a thread you ruined saying they didn't want to contribute anymore because of you you still had to have the last word.

You have issues your quite pathetic for a so called educated grown man.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:22 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Your a w#nker!! There I said it. You talk shit then play the innocent hard done by roathie. You say talk football and there's no problem.... bollocks....Talking football and accept your right every time....you just cannot accept your wrong on any issue whatsoever.... you insist on having the last word like a little kid....yesterday even after several fans dropped out of a thread you ruined saying they didn't want to contribute anymore because of you you still had to have the last word.

How rude. I am not saying I am hard done by, to feel hard done by I think I would have to be affected by it. I am just stating fact, I give an opinion and then instantly the hangers on come on slinging off topic abuse because they cannot reply to the point I have made. That is just the way it is.

Why do I have to accept I am wrong when I am not? Can you tell me what I have been wrong about? No, you most certainly can't simply because I am not. I am not asking people to change their mind or indeed asking people to agree with me, I am just saying my piece and getting abused because I don't fold to sensationalist opinion. People left the thread because they could not peddle their rubbish when I can dismantle it with fact and accuracy, seems I ruined their hyperbole fun? I make no apology for being right or for not folding to incorrect opinion. Hope that doesn't affect our friendship? :D

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Capitano wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

How rude. I am not saying I am hard done by, to feel hard done by I think I would have to be affected by it. I am just stating fact, I give an opinion and then instantly the hangers on come on slinging off topic abuse because they cannot reply to the point I have made. That is just the way it is.

Why do I have to accept I am wrong when I am not? Can you tell me what I have been wrong about? No, you most certainly can't simply because I am not. I am not asking people to change their mind or indeed asking people to agree with me, I am just saying my piece and getting abused because I don't fold to sensationalist opinion. People left the thread because they could not peddle their rubbish when I can dismantle it with fact and accuracy, seems I ruined their hyperbole fun? I make no apology for being right or for not folding to incorrect opinion. Hope that doesn't affect our friendship? :D

The classic example of the "roathie bubble" you live in.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:45 pm

As long as our bubbles are the correct ones then that is fine by me.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Capitano wrote:As long as our bubbles are the correct ones then that is fine by me.

See last word....try not replying to this...I dare you...See if you can.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Capitano wrote:As long as our bubbles are the correct ones then that is fine by me.

See last word....try not replying to this...I dare you...See if you can.

How was it the last word? you just replied. We are in a conversation, it's normal. relax

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:36 pm

polo wrote:

Shouldn't be tolerated here the guy degrades and derails every thread with his self righteousness. I'm done playing his game. Mods sort it out ffs

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Dessy1927 wrote:Shouldn't be tolerated here the guy degrades and derails every thread with his self righteousness. I'm done playing his game. Mods sort it out ffs

So I give my opinion which is on topic factual and informative, I get abused just for merely posting (from people who haven't even contributed to the topic I might add) to which I then respond to in a far less aggressive and abusive manner often requesting a stop to the pointless tittle tattle... and I am the one derailing it? Wipe the tears from your eyes mate they are blinding you. :roll:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 pm