Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea have the 19th Highest Wage Bill In Europe!!?!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 pm

DreamWelsh wrote:
Well they are poor businessmen as Swanseas value is going to drop like a lead balloon when they get relegated which is nailed on imo. A championship club that doesn't own its own stadium are not going to hold much value.

They obviously think they will go back up if that happened. Hence why I think they have started investing in the future rather than desperately signing names to stay up. It is a long term goal not a short term one. I do think they underestimated the task however.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 pm

polo wrote:
Capitano wrote:
polo wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:Ah right there we go then, just find it strange why have they invested if there's no money to be made for them what's the point.

They own 60% they can make decisions without a vote and can pay themselves a large dividend if they want. The other shareholders will get a cut of the percentage they own as well though.

The trust do not have enough of a stake to stop anything so as far as voting rights go it's worthless.

Unfortunately polo that is not true. A dividend can only be taken if the club makes a profit, and it will be a proportion of that profit. I don't think it is possible for the Swans to make a profit next season if relegated, maybe 5 million max. So they would be able to take £3 million if they voted to do that of course. Which obviously they wouldn't as it would be massively counter productive and provide the Trust with even more of a warchest to be able to strengthen their share position in a share option.. It literally makes zero sense. A no goer. But I am sure sense isn't what you are after :laughing6:

Sell players for 40m and make no profit?!?

The parachute payments are there to help cover the wages.

Something don't sound right to me here mate, surely they could pocket money from player sales, el capitano is telling a few porky pies me thinks.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm

DreamWelsh wrote:

Something don't sound right to me here mate, surely they could pocket money from player sales, el capitano is telling a few porky pies me thinks.

As stated, player sales are amortised. It means payments are staggered. Profits are calculated on monies in and out in that financial year and do not take into consideration future monies. This is basic stuff and clear as day, I am amazed you think I am lying about basic facts that are available anywhere you wish to look.

They could only "pocket" a dividend if they vote to take one. And then, they can only split the profit (which will obviously be minimal). By doing that they would be paying The Trust 22% of money and strengthen their position as they would then be able to buy shares in a share option, giving them the opportunity to get to 25%. There are a million reasons why they would never take a dividend, this is just one staggeringly obvious one.
Last edited by Capitano on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

As stated, player sales are amortised. It means payments are staggered. Profits are calculated on monies in and out in that financial year and do not take into consideration future monies. This is basic stuff and clear as day, I am amazed you think I am lying about basic facts that are available anywhere you wish to look.

If you post me a link to these facts I'll read up onit.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

OP could have got it wrong, it could be wage bill v income or something like that, either way their fans are shitting at the thought of them coming down, due to their relative wage bill !!!

Why would they be scared? Unless they assume the likes of Sigurdsson will want to stay? :D

Llorente, Gomis, Gylfi, Montero, Ki and Borja will certainly leave. I don't think anybody else would command a signifficant wage.

Go on their board and you will see, all their players are on too high a wage for the standard of player, they can't get rid of the whole team, most of them won't be wanted, so to get rid they will have to pay toward their wages, there income is comparatively very low, and they are paying about five manager, all of which are shit....

I know a few Jack fans and believe me they are all shitting bricks !!!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 pm

DreamWelsh wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

If you post me a link to these facts I'll read up onit.

Amortisation:-

https://newtrendsinaccountingandfinance ... rtization/

Definition of dividends and when they can be taken:-

https://www.freeagent.com/glossary/dividends/

Parachute payments explained:-

http://www.danielgeey.com/premier-leagu ... explained/

Happy reading :thumbup:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:33 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

OP could have got it wrong, it could be wage bill v income or something like that, either way their fans are shitting at the thought of them coming down, due to their relative wage bill !!!

Why would they be scared? Unless they assume the likes of Sigurdsson will want to stay? :D

Llorente, Gomis, Gylfi, Montero, Ki and Borja will certainly leave. I don't think anybody else would command a signifficant wage.

Go on their board and you will see, all their players are on too high a wage for the standard of player, they can't get rid of the whole team, most of them won't be wanted, so to get rid they will have to pay toward their wages, there income is comparatively very low, and they are paying about five manager, all of which are shit....

But do you know any Jacks who pretend they are Cardiff fans that have married a woman from Swansea? Even though the Cardiff fan who's identity he has tried to steal is gay?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 pm

polo wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

But do you know any Jacks who pretend they are Cardiff fans that have married a woman from Swansea? Even though the Cardiff fan who's identity he has tried to steal is gay?

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:That 40 mil will be going straight into the coffers of the American investors so doesn't really make a difference how much is made, got a feeling they will rinse Swansea and those parachute payments for every penny then do one.

They aren't legally able to do that, not to mention it being completely counter productive even if they were able to.

What has Huw done then? Why are the Swansea fans saying he's cashed in, the Americans can't do the same can they ?

He sold his shares, perfectly fine. They were his to sell.

How about his wages and bonus's and that of the boards, Jack fans are going mental about how they went up !!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

That's true mate who are going to take on over the hill players on the wages they are on now, if they decide to sit their contracts out at Swansea, the jacks will be in deep shit.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:Ah right there we go then, just find it strange why have they invested if there's no money to be made for them what's the point.

They bought the shares relatively cheaply. The only way they can make money is to be in the Premier League wait for the value of the club to increase with higher TV contracts going up every year. They are venture capitalists, they buy companies cheaply and then sell on for a profit when the company increases in value.

They've fucked up this time then, still they can take a bit next season to reduce the loss....

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:39 pm

polo wrote:

No. You?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Bluebina wrote:

They've fucked up this time then, still they can take a bit next season to reduce the loss....

They are businessmen not idiots. They last thing they will want to be doing is issuing a dividend for the reasons already stated.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Capitano wrote:
polo wrote:

No. You?

Yes. You.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:42 pm

polo wrote:
Capitano wrote:
polo wrote:

No. You?

Yes. You.

Well you don't know me for one, and for two - no I haven't. :thumbright:

That was riveting.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

They are businessmen not idiots. They last thing they will want to be doing is issuing a dividend for the reasons already stated.

I disagree they've made a right mess of buying a club for a profit so far, their best tactic would be to asset strip as much as they can and feck off.......

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:I disagree they've made a right mess of buying a club for a profit so far, their best tactic would be to asset strip as much as they can and feck off.......

Then maybe it is best you don't go into business consultancy :D

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:47 pm

polo wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

:laughing6: no thank feck.....

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I disagree they've made a right mess of buying a club for a profit so far, their best tactic would be to asset strip as much as they can and feck off.......

Asset strip yes and fuk off, I'm sure that's what I was getting at and el capitano reckons they can't do it

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Bluebina wrote:How about his wages and bonus's and that of the boards, Jack fans are going mental about how they went up !!

Are you suggesting you thought Premier League CEO's work for free?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I disagree they've made a right mess of buying a club for a profit so far, their best tactic would be to asset strip as much as they can and feck off.......

Then maybe it is best you don't go into business consultancy :D

Maybe it's best you don't and they leave it, if you think they're doing a good job you must be dull.....

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:50 pm

DreamWelsh wrote:
Asset strip yes and fuk off, I'm sure that's what I was getting at and el capitano reckons they can't do it

They can't. I don't "reckon", I know. As should you if you completed the reading homework I so patiently prepared you in the thread.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Maybe it's best you don't and they leave it, if you think they're doing a good job you must be dull.....

Good job? Who said they were doing a good or bad job? They are merely custodians of club shares at the moment. They made a mistake appointing Bradley and rectified it after 11 games. Apart from that they haven't done anything to be judged on. I am just dealing in the facts here, I have not given my opinion on them.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

They can't. I don't "reckon", I know. As should you if you completed the reading homework I so patiently prepared you in the thread.

Get a life ffs Image

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 pm

Capitano wrote:
Bluebina wrote:How about his wages and bonus's and that of the boards, Jack fans are going mental about how they went up !!

Are you suggesting you thought Premier League CEO's work for free?

Tell their fans, they say he isn't worth it, I think he is the more he takes the less there is for players, and the quicker they will drop down the divisions.

As far as I am concerned they are all doing a brilliant job.

Of killing the club :thumbup:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

Get a life ffs Image

So people getting giddy over nonsense is fine, adding fact to the thread is not on however :laughing6:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Tell their fans, they say he isn't worth it, I think he is the more he takes the less there is for players, and the quicker they will drop down the divisions.

As far as I am concerned they are all doing a brilliant job.

Of killing the club :thumbup:

:lol: what? He has a salary, he can't just take what he wants, you have either made that up or you regularly talk to morons. His salary is disclosed and open. 500k a year, which is on the low end of a Premier League CEO. Maybe he is not worth it, neither is Craig Noone and his salary is similar :D

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Let's just all enjoy the ride lads, the ride has been great so far this season with Swansea at the bottom, may it continue onto next season.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 pm

DreamWelsh wrote:Let's just all enjoy the ride lads, the ride has been great so far this season with Swansea at the bottom, may it continue onto next season.

A far more sensible outlook.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Capitano wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:

They could only "pocket" a dividend if they vote to take one. And then, they can only split the profit (which will obviously be minimal). By doing that they would be paying The Trust 22% of money and strengthen their position as they would then be able to buy shares in a share option, giving them the opportunity to get to 25%. There are a million reasons why they would never take a dividend, this is just one staggeringly obvious one.

Does the club actually offer a dividend re-investment plan? If not, how will the Trust get their additional shares to take them to 25%. Just curious as I have no idea how this club operates.