Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY PLAYER LEAVES TONIGHT "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Cardiff City Football Club

Wednesday 18th January 2017

Cardiff City FC can confirm that Eli Phipps has joined League Two club Colchester United on a permanent deal, subject to international clearance.

We’d like to thank Eli for his time with the Bluebirds and wish him the very best of luck for the future.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY PLAYER LEAVES TONIGHT "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:43 pm

This is beginning to piff me off, old men coming in, young men going out, next out Healey, John, even Mark Harris is not safe, blooming shambles, when is all the young talent coming in ??? :old:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm

riley1951 wrote:This is beginning to piff me off, old men coming in, young men going out, next out Healey, John, even Mark Harris is not safe, blooming shambles, when is all the young talent coming in ??? :old:

I see your point, but perhaps these players just aren't good enough to perform at Championship level

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:58 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
riley1951 wrote:This is beginning to piff me off, old men coming in, young men going out, next out Healey, John, even Mark Harris is not safe, blooming shambles, when is all the young talent coming in ??? :old:

I see your point, but perhaps these players just aren't good enough to perform at Championship level

Agreed as these players are joining Colchester rather than Chelsea it would seem that they simply weren't good enough, although someone once said that about Regan Poole :oops:

The youth set up has been hopeless for years now and the only real way ahead was to rip it up and start again. Hopefully in 5 years time we will again start producing quality players.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:20 pm

We can't keep them for the sake of it. If they aren't up to it then we need to let them go. Re set. Scour for and develop talent that can take the club forward and help recover the costs of the investment. It would be nice to get a fee for some of them or at least a sell on clause though.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm

These players are not good enough, if they ain't cutting the mustard by 19/20 at the latest get rid.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 am

when did all the young talent ever come through though,even back in the 20s we only ever had 2 or 3 local boys.be nice to have some local talent in the team but only if good enough ,which none of this bunch who are signing for Barnet or Colchester or Plymouth are

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:33 pm

When will supporters accept our talent ain't making the grade and are just rubbish for the championship, look where most of them end up.. league one then hoping a league two side takes them on once the league one sides see the talent isn't there.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

Agreed as these players are joining Colchester rather than Chelsea it would seem that they simply weren't good enough, although someone once said that about Regan Poole :oops:

The youth set up has been hopeless for years now and the only real way ahead was to rip it up and start again. Hopefully in 5 years time we will again start producing quality players.

"Hope" don't worry about the youth set up!

It's the first team that's not been functioning correctly and to infer anything else is thoughtless!