Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEIL WARNOCK'S AIM FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Neil Warnock reveals promotion aims with Cardiff City but admits Bluebirds remain locked in relegation battle this season

Neil Warnock admits he wants to build Cardiff into a side that can challenge for promotion into the Premier League but concedes the Bluebirds are still relegation contenders this season.

Warnock wants Vincent Tan to fully back him for a promotion push next season and if he does Warnock will stay on for next season :bluebird:

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK'S AIM FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Any news on the meeting? Is there a general feeling that Tan will back Warnock in the summer or is it still very much a case of cutting our cloth accordingly?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:16 pm

well the quotes from warnock seems like he is already fixed on being here next season

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Reza wrote:well the quotes from warnock seems like he is already fixed on being here next season

thats the way I have read it too, seems very content with progress at moment

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 pm

I think if he can restructure the youth and development set up, get by til the summer and then hit the ground hard then we've got a real good chance - with NW at the helm the chance at another few seasons in the EPL with something he's built from the scrap heap could be very appealing!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Well, hopefully the business we have done over the last two seasons has left us much better off financially and Tan will be able to release some decent funds. I hope it hasn't come too soon and we still need to skimp for another year or two.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:I think if he can restructure the youth and development set up, get by til the summer and then hit the ground hard then we've got a real good chance - with NW at the helm the chance at another few seasons in the EPL with something he's built from the scrap heap could be very appealing!

Totally agree this would be exactly what our club needs and above all our fans after the past years. In Warnock we trust.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Hopefully NW can put his feet up in retirement when hes 70/71 after hes got us stronger throughout the club, as those in charge since Malky could never have done. Best appointment the club has made in decades :bluescarf: