Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Latest on Dave Jones "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Former Cardiff City manager Dave Jones is the bookies’ odds-on favourite to take over at Hartlepool United after a three-year absence from management.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Latest on Dave Jones "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Good luck Dave. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Yep! Good luck to Dave Jones, if he gets the 'Monkey Hanger' job :thumbup:

Brought me some of my best days as a City supporter :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Good luck to him, a bit like Warnock I suppose he has got to be taking that job for the love of the game.

Can't imagine he's going to be extremely well paid or even needs the money.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Wish Jonesey well.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Probably the manager that raised expectations at city the like of which we had not seen in a generation at championship level.
Always found a bargain and used the out of contract field really well.
Also brought us super kev!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 pm

I have mixed feelings about Dave Jones. He did produce entertaining football and made us very competitive in this league.

That said he did benefit from the fact it was almost impossible for him to be sacked as we couldn't afford to pay him off due to the rolling nature of his contract. Like all managers he had his favourites who never seemed to be dropped and most annoyingly he was known for standing on the side lines with hands in his pockets when we were chasing a game.

His biggest failings though were he could never get us over the line and when it came to making a big decision at a crucial time he would always call it wrong.

Mind you when you compare him to some of those who followed him (NW apart) then he was a bleeding genius. :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Good luck Dave. Did a great job for us in my opinion under very difficult circumstances at times. We were either brilliant or awful under him but always an entertaining rollercoaster rise

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 pm

This is very good news for Hartlepool - they will not lose their league status now with Dave Jones appointed.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have mixed feelings about Dave Jones. He did produce entertaining football and made us very competitive in this league.

That said he did benefit from the fact it was almost impossible for him to be sacked as we couldn't afford to pay him off due to the rolling nature of his contract. Like all managers he had his favourites who never seemed to be dropped and most annoyingly he was known for standing on the side lines with hands in his pockets when we were chasing a game.

His biggest failings though were he could never get us over the line and when it came to making a big decision at a crucial time he would always call it wrong.

Mind you when you compare him to some of those who followed him (NW apart) then he was a bleeding genius. :lol:

Why on earth worry about him, move on he is part of our history it's as bad as dredging over the rebrand!!!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 pm

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Andy Campbell clearly not a fan!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm

AC clearly didn't like being told he was shit

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm

polo wrote:AC clearly didn't like being told he was shit

Or was it a fat kunt.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:44 pm

fred keenor wrote:Probably the manager that raised expectations at city the like of which we had not seen in a generation at championship level.
Always found a bargain and used the out of contract field really well.
Also brought us super kev!

And whits, and chops, and McCormack and many many more quality players he discovered!!!

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
polo wrote:AC clearly didn't like being told he was shit

Or was it a fat kunt.

both..lucky he couldnt hear my views from the bob bank or id be having twitter jibes off him hourly

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 am

he heard me once and come over and said ..
AC. do you want to say that again'
ME. Why what the f**k are you going to do?
AC. Well.................
I never heard the rest as he was back halfway across the pitch!!

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:37 am

Why on earth worry about him, move on he is part of our history it's as bad as dredging over the rebrand!!![/quote]

nobody said they're worried about him, Just people wishing a former manager good luck. Jezzzzzzzzzze :shock:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 am

I think he worked wonders considering the constraints put on him. Always wish him all the best :ayatollah: