Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"THE TRUTH ABOUT CANCER!"

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 pm

I went to the doctors and was diagnosed with IBS. The doctor told me to take loperimide every day which would "fix" the problem but does it????

If you went to a mechanic because your engine management light was on and paid say £500 to fix it would you be happy with this.

You- So have you fixed the car.
Mechanic- Yes its all fixed now.
You-So what did you do to fix it?
Mechanic- I removed the engine management bulb so that now you cannot tell that there is an issue.

This is what is going on in the NHS every day! Doctors are paid by big Pharma companies to dish out drugs. Why do they want to see you well? If somebody is overweight and smokes and drinks heavy is a doctor going to advise them to cut back or stop? They might do but in many cases do not. Is there an incentive for doctors to make you well?

If they make you well they will be giving you less drugs, therfore their profits will receed! Ask yourself this, do they have anything to gain by making you live healthy? Sure you see the odd incentive but are they really trying to make a difference to the general health of the public??

100 years ago 3% of men would get Cancer at some point in their life it is now 40%! Yes we live longer and Cancer develops more as we get older but this figure is way off that!

Watch this video ir at least watch from 54 minutes on.

https://youtu.be/gR8SQzCJK0Q

I am not saying that there are not people the other side being alarmist but read between the lines. We are all conditioned to believe everything that GP's tell us! Homeopathic medecine is being buried because it will cost the big Pharma a fortune! These people want you to be sick and the mire they hide your symptoms the more money they will make!! :?

Things like Excitotoxins as in MSG and Aspartame and also vegatable oils are laced in your daily diet and often disguised in the food labelling, they are everywhere! Do you know what these do to your body! Do some digging you might be in for a shock! :shock:

Apologies if my spellings cr@p I did not have much time to write this! :thumbright:

Re: "THE TRUTH ABOUT CANCER!"

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:05 pm

lyndipops wrote:I went to the doctors and was diagnosed with IBS. The doctor told me to take loperimide every day which would "fix" the problem but does it????

If you went to a mechanic because your engine management light was on and paid say £500 to fix it would you be happy with this.

Mechanic- I removed the engine management bulb so that now you cannot tell that there is an issue.

This is what is going on in the NHS every day! Doctors are paid by big Pharma companies to dish out drugs. Why do they want to see you well? If somebody is overweight and smokes and drinks heavy is a doctor going to advise them to cut back or stop? They might do but in many cases do not. Is there an incentive for doctors to make you well?

If they make you well they will be giving you less drugs, therfore their profits will receed! Ask yourself this, do they have anything to gain by making you live healthy? Sure you see the odd incentive but are they really trying to make a difference to the general health of the public??

100 years ago 3% of men would get Cancer at some point in their life it is now 40%! Yes we live longer and Cancer develops more as we get older but this figure is way off that!

I am not saying that there are not people the other side being alarmist but read between the lines. We are all conditioned to believe everything that GP's tell us! Homeopathic medecine is being buried because it will cost the big Pharma a fortune! These people want you to be sick and the mire they hide your symptoms the more money they will make!! :?

Things like Excitotoxins as in MSG and Aspartame and also vegatable oils are laced in your daily diet and often disguised in the food labelling, they are everywhere! Do you know what these do to your body! Do some digging you might be in for a shock! :shock:

Apologies if my spellings cr@p I did not have much time to write this! :thumbright:

Sorry but personally I have more faith in my g p than you have in yours
I've had 2 heart surgeries and I'm diabetic ,my doctor has seen me every 2 months for over 16 years ,he worked with me over this time to get my meds right, I had very high colestral and now it's around 3.4 ,my diabetes is under control and now border line ,my blood pressure is normal and stable ,my heart rate is normal and stable ,without him getting my meds right over the years ,this would not be possible ,and I might not even be here ,so I'm not sure about what your saying,

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:06 pm

A new series of this has just started if you are interested. :thumbright:

http://mapp.thetruthaboutcancer.net/a/1 ... 3ad59f9bc9

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
lyndipops wrote:I went to the doctors and was diagnosed with IBS. The doctor told me to take loperimide every day which would "fix" the problem but does it????

Sorry but personally I have more faith in my g p than you have in yours
I've had 2 heart surgeries and I'm diabetic ,my doctor has seen me every 2 months for over 16 years ,he worked with me over this time to get my meds right, I had very high colestral and now it's around 3.4 ,my diabetes is under control and now border line ,my blood pressure is normal and stable ,my heart rate is normal and stable ,without him getting my meds right over the years ,this would not be possible ,and I might not even be here ,so I'm not sure about what your saying,

I am not saying that GP's do not do some good as they obviously do.

What I am saying is do you think that the good they do is controlled in any way by the money men behind the drugs they give out? Doctors are funded and trained by these people, do they have a compromise of interest to their stock holders?

Does this influence how a doctor operates? Your doctor may 100% have your well being in mind but does money come into it?? Perhaps they do mean the best but is there nobody pulling some strings somewhere? Does the FDA for example totally have the best interests of the consumer at heart and money does not come into it??

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Also some if what you say about meds is down to (nice) and wag who say what meds are available? so gps sometimes have hands tied, I deal with cancer patients weekly and level of treatment is unbelievable and it's not always about medication !!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Also some if what you say about meds is down to (nice) and wag who say what meds are available? so gps sometimes have hands tied, I deal with cancer patients weekly and level of treatment is unbelievable and it's not always about medication !!

I can only quote what it says in the video which I think is that Chemo is only about 2.5% effective and can cause more Cancer! 40% of people who get Cancer die of malnutrition but it is never adressed! They say there are many cures and preventative measures that are ignored and strongly hint at big Pharma being involved in this!

I do not know for sure if this is all true but if it is its a shocker!! I just thought I would put it on here to get some feedback. If somebody can completely discredit it then fine, in fact it would be a comfort! :shock:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:42 pm

lyndipops wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Also some if what you say about meds is down to (nice) and wag who say what meds are available? so gps sometimes have hands tied, I deal with cancer patients weekly and level of treatment is unbelievable and it's not always about medication !!

I can only quote what it says in the video which I think is that Chemo is only about 2.5% effective and can cause more Cancer! 40% of people who get Cancer die of malnutrition but it is never adressed! They say there are many cures and preventative measures that are ignored and strongly hint at big Pharma being involved in this!

I do not know for sure if this is all true but if it is its a shocker!! I just thought I would put it on here to get some feedback. If somebody can completely discredit it then fine, in fact it would be a comfort! :shock:

In truth there is a lot wrong with treatments and from 25yrs experience in nhs a lot of what's wrong i agree is down to own agendas by pharmaceutical companies. Theirs lots of treatments in nhs that can give you cancer certain xrays for example! Basically it's down to you trusting gp.

P's dehydration and starvation happens on general wards due to lack of staff so not uncommon worringly!!! :roll:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:48 pm

The NHS is the same as any other industry, there are some really compassionate hardworking people in there who care about the people they are treating and then there are some absolute cunts.

A bit like Teachers, you wonder why some of them go into a profession.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 pm

All that seems to show is that a different group of people would rather your cash, than another.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm

rumpo kid wrote:All that seems to show is that a different group of people would rather your cash, than another.

Listened to beginning (was enough) and got impression he was selling a book about alternative pherapy after he disagreed with medics over treatment for his parents?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Haven't watched the link, but if anyone is in any doubt about the link between drug companies, doctors and dodgy decisions then read 'Bad Pharma' by Dr Ben Goldacre, it is truly scarey.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm

It does seem that most people are very cynical at anything that flies in the face of orthadox medicine and do not seem to question things. It seems like they have a real hold over us and it is sort of engrained into our culture! Perhaps its just me being a crazy conspiracy theorist and all is right with the world! :?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:55 pm

The eternal optimist wrote:Haven't watched the link, but if anyone is in any doubt about the link between drug companies, doctors and dodgy decisions then read 'Bad Pharma' by Dr Ben Goldacre, it is truly scarey.

2 things! it's not in drug companies interests to find cure as they will lose mega bucks in revenue? And the Dr's looking for cures only go so far then go onto something else so keeping their funding in place year after year? How many cures have been triumphed that'll be available in so many years time but mysteriously never do?? It's all about money !! :roll:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
The eternal optimist wrote:Haven't watched the link, but if anyone is in any doubt about the link between drug companies, doctors and dodgy decisions then read 'Bad Pharma' by Dr Ben Goldacre, it is truly scarey.

2 things! it's not in drug companies interests to find cure as they will lose mega bucks in revenue? And the Dr's looking for cures only go so far then go onto something else so keeping their funding in place year after year? How many cures have been triumphed that'll be available in so many years time but mysteriously never do?? It's all about money !! :roll:

I rarely agree with you but .....Here f*cking here allan.

There's trillions spread from the please give charities to the drug company's taking to try stop cancer,

Imagine the population should they cure cancer with one tablet, there wouldn't be room to swing a cat on land so whiles there's to much Wonga involved the cure will be brushed under the carpet sadly. I believe there is a cure for cancer out there but its all kept under wraps for obvious reasons.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:26 pm

There is a gardener I watch from America. On YouTube, who gave a brilliant description. Think of the stomach as a compost bin, if you put meat in there you get rotten soil and bad microbes, therefore the soil afterwards will damage to plants I.e the body. If you feed the compost all your fruit and veg waste, then you feed the soil healthy microbes and there will feed the plants and give you better results. Therefore since then I have decided to follow that as a life guide.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:37 pm

This is bone chilling :shock:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There's trillions spread from the please give charities to the drug company's taking to try stop cancer,

Imagine the population should they cure cancer with one tablet, there wouldn't be room to swing a cat on land so whiles there's to much Wonga involved the cure will be brushed under the carpet sadly. I believe there is a cure for cancer out there but its all kept under wraps for obvious reasons.

Thanks! classic example is MS proven fact is stem cell pherapy will address the problems it causes (went out with MS sufferer ) but there is none if any reserch regarding this ! Why because if they do they won't be able to prescribe drugs anymore .

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

on your point about the cure being already there. I have for years, the moment they release the cure for cancer, a new disease will appear. its happened throughout history.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:55 pm

It's only your opinion.
My opinion is my GP did test after test until the cause of my ailment was found and it was cancer. I owe my life to me GP and believe what she says.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:41 pm

I do believe that with so much money made by the Pharmaceutical companies that a lot of cures are being held back. One sure money maker is diabetes, how much money would they loose if a cure was found ? The same with many Neurological diseases.
My Wife's treatment for MS each year costs the NHS many many many thousands. I wonder what the true costs of making these Disease modifying drugs really cost ?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I do believe that with so much money made by the Pharmaceutical companies that a lot of cures are being held back. One sure money maker is diabetes, how much money would they loose if a cure was found ? The same with many Neurological diseases.
My Wife's treatment for MS each year costs the NHS many many many thousands. I wonder what the true costs of making these Disease modifying drugs really cost ?

I've often wondered why the government has never nationalised pharmaceutical companies,it would surely be more cost effective in the long run.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Exactly my point. The book details the links and it is shameful. The way clinical test results are brazenly manipulated to serve whichever agenda suits is so brazen it defies belief, it is truly shocking.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:00 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I do believe that with so much money made by the Pharmaceutical companies that a lot of cures are being held back. One sure money maker is diabetes, how much money would they loose if a cure was found ? The same with many Neurological diseases.

I've often wondered why the government has never nationalised pharmaceutical companies,it would surely be more cost effective in the long run.

its not only drugs everything the nhs uses cost lot more than what jo public pays for same thing! eg basic coffee table £50 to us to nhs £150, nhs is a cash cow for companies who deal with it! :evil:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:26 am

There will always be doubts about pharmaceutical companys, as most drugs give you other side affects that need more drugs to be taken.

I have to say i have confidence in the NHS but have often thought do they have hidden agendas as the more drugs you take the more money it makes for Pharmeceuticals.

I have had cancer of the bowel which needed emergancy operation, it is now 12 months ago when i had operation went through 6 months of chemotheraphy. Had a scan in August that said i am clear.

I hope that in future that others dont have to go through what i did it was hell, it has taken alot out of me but now i am on slow road to recovery. Was hard missing games the first month after op but with FA cup games didnt miss many being City Mad i was soon going to games again.
Football gave me release from being stuck in house feeling sorry for myself as depression set in after the op.
If i can walk i go to home games.

LIFE is for living.NEVER give up. :bluebird:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:01 am

Hopski wrote:

It's only your opinion.
My opinion is my GP did test after test until the cause of my ailment was found and it was cancer. I owe my life to me GP and believe what she says.

I am glad that you have been successful in your fight against cancer but I have had some serious concerns about modern medicine for some time.

I myself have fixed a serious medical condition through research where treatment prescribed by doctors was not working and caused me serious issues.

I have also read many stories of people finding alternative treatments that were more natural and targeted the problem rather than the symptoms.

I cannot help but think that there is something seriously wrong with things like this going on! How can a lamen with no medical training fix a problem by simply researching it and do better than the doctors?? I have and so have many others which raises a few questions.

Dont get me wrong there are some geat Doctors out there. I think this problem is not totally the fault of the doctors. It is primarily the system that is at fault. There is coruption there but it always seems to be enough under the radar that most people cannot tell that it is there.

I believe a lot more could be done but the powers that be do not want that to happen!

It seems like little is done to tackle the causes of problems and they are simply applying band aids over them all of the time!

How much is done for cancer patients and ex patients in terms of nutrition for example? It will often return if a change of lifestyle does not take place.

I have read that you have 70 trillion cells in your body and of those cells if one is cancerous then that is all it takes to cause cancer! It has been more or less proven that it is the environment of the body that causes cancer. Your nutrition and stress levels have a lot to do with this.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:42 am

TO demonstrate how sneaky food companies are. Below are two packs of Walkers.

Walkers Cheese and onion are MSG free as stated

IMG_4842.JPG

IMG_4841.JPG

Oven Baked sounds healthier doesen't it? Naturaly you would think this is also MSG free, but is it? It does not say MSG in the ingridients, or is it hidden? They do not want you to know that there is MSG in this product! SEE BELOW!

IMG_4843.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

Hidden names for MSG and free glutamic acid:

Names of ingredients that always contain processed free glutamic acid: (7)

Glutamic Acid (E 620)
Glutamate (E 620)
Monosodium Glutamate (E 621)
Monopotassium Glutamate (E 622)
Calcium Glutamate (E 623)
Monoammonium Glutamate (E 624)
Magnesium Glutamate (E 625)
Natrium Glutamate
Yeast Extract
Anything “hydrolyzed”
Any “hydrolyzed protein”
Calcium Caseinate
Sodium Caseinate
Yeast Food
Yeast Nutrient
Autolyzed Yeast
Gelatin
Textured Protein
Soy Protein
Soy Protein Concentrate
Soy Protein Isolate
Whey Protein (Whey powder)
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Isolate
Anything “…protein”
Vetsin
Ajinomoto

Names of ingredients that often contain or produce processed free glutamic acid: (7)

Carrageenan (E 407)
Bouillon and broth
Stock
Any “flavors” or “flavoring”
Maltodextrin
Citric acid, Citrate (E 330)
Anything “ultra-pasteurized”
Barley malt
Pectin (E 440)
Protease
Anything “enzyme modified”
Anything containing “enzymes”
Malt extract
Soy sauce
Soy sauce extract (Soy Lecithin)
Anything “protein fortified”
Anything “fermented”
Seasonings

The following are ingredients suspected of containing or creating sufficient processed free glutamic acid to serve as MSG-reaction triggers in HIGHLY SENSITIVE people: (7)

Corn starch
Corn syrup
Modified food starch
Lipolyzed butter fat
Dextrose
Rice syrup
Brown rice syrup
Milk powder
Reduced fat milk (skim; 1%; 2%)
Most things labeled “Low Fat” or “No Fat”
Anything labeled “Enriched”
Anything labeled “Vitamin Enriched”

There is much debate over MSG, a flavor enhancer, that is linked to a host of health issues including fibromyalgia (1), obesity (2), fatty liver (3), high insulin and blood sugar (4), high cholesterol (3), metabolic syndrome (4), high blood pressure, disturbances in the gut-brain connection (5), neurological and brain health issues (6) and much more.

What is MSG?

In the 1960’s the phrase, “Chinese Restaurant Syndrome” was coined by an article in The New England Journal of Medicine. Twenty minutes after eating Chinese food, some very sensitive people would experience tingling, brain fog, numbness, chest pressure and pain.

Monosodium Glutamic Acid (MSG) refers to a chemical process in which glutamic acid is isolated, and then, bound to a sodium molecule and purified into a white powder that is added to foods as a flavor enhancer. MSG can be an excitotoxin, which means it amps up and stimulates sensory nerves – in an enhanced, tastier way. As a flavor enhancer, the active forms of MSG or glutamic acid are called D-glutamic acid and L-glutamic acid, plus other toxic by-products.

When proteins are ingested in their natural state, the stomach breaks these proteins down only into L-glutamic acid. When proteins are processed, heated, hydrolyzed or fermented as in the flavor enhancer MSG or proteins powders, veggie proteins etc… they break down into both D and L-glutamic acid. (7) This suggests it is the D-glutamic acid that is the culprit causing the MSG reactions. But D-glutamic acid is tasteless and benign according to Dr. Darren Gay, PhD researcher who specialized in purified amino acids. The more likely cause, according to Dr. Gay, are the toxic by-products of processing and an inability to handle L-glutamic acid rather than the D-glutamic acid.

When proteins are manufactured, processed or fermented they will not only produce D and L-glutamic acids they will produce a host of toxic by-products that may also be a factor in the MSG symptoms. Those are: pyroglutamic acid, mono and dichloro propanols (which are carcinogenic), heterocyclic amines (which are carcinogenic), and other unwanted byproducts (impurities).(7) It seems that it is the combination of the processed L and possible D-glutamic acid along with the toxic by-products that is the cause or an exacerbation of the MSG symptoms.

This is why certain people who are “MSG sensitive” cannot tolerate MSG as well as processed protein products that have been denatured in the manufacturing process. This can include any protein that has been broken down, heated or processed — found in most packaged foods.

The L-glutamic acid that is found in processed protein foods as well as when proteins that are naturally digested through the stomach are a stimulating molecule that activates taste and nerves. Very high dosages of L-glutamic acid can over stimulate the nervous system.

Fortunately, the body highly regulates the amount of L-glutamic acid that is allowed into the blood stream. The body needs it and if there is not enough of it, the body will use other amino acids to manufacture its own glutamic acid. This is why glutamic acid is a non-essential amino acid—the body can make its own. This suggests the importance of glutamic acid for the function of the body and nervous system. (7) It also suggests the importance of the health and integrity of the intestinal skin as a protective barrier from excess or overwhelming amounts of amino acids that can over-excite the nervous system.

It is true that when proteins are processed they can be denatured or flip form being a D or L-glutamic acid. Some experts believe it the D-glutamic acid that is the culprit for the toxicity reactions to MSG because processing proteins has been shown to increase D not L-glutamic acid. But, as I mentioned, the consensus seems to be that the cause of MSG symptoms is the toxic combination of excess L-glutamic acid and excess toxic by-products.(7)

The form of glutamic acid called L-glutamic acid, which naturally occurs in many foods and proteins in the body is considered a non-toxic form by many experts. The average human has 4.4 pounds of L-glutamic acid in the body and there are no reactions. Glutamic acid is a main component of proteins. It is found in meat, eggs, poultry, milk, eggs, cheese, fish and even wheat. It is also found in most grains, beans, vegetables, mushrooms, fruits, and sea weed.

In these natural forms, the glutamic acid is bound to other proteins in chains of amino acids or proteins.. The process of freeing the glutamic acid from the protein chains during the human digestion of proteins is generally not a problem. When the glutamic acid is freed from the amino acid chain during processing there seems to be concerns I mentioned.
So, avoiding MSG should be easy right? As a flavor enhancer, MSG is required by the FDA to be listed in the ingredients. However, as a processing agent, which is very common in many food products, MSG does not require labeling. This exposes many of us to L and D-glutamic acid and it’s toxic by-products on a regular basis.

Interestingly, only a small percentage of the population reacts to MSG, and much seems to depend on the amount of MSG one is exposed to and how sensitive their intestinal wall is to toxins.

In a healthy body, proteins are broken down in the stomach and small intestine by hydrochloric acid (HCl) and digestive enzymes. The body’s digestive tract controls how much glutamic acid is freed up from the protein chain, but the free L-glutamic acid absorption is highly limited and most of it is passed off as waste through the intestinal tract. If this type of free glutamic acid is rapidly absorbed into the blood stream because of a break-down of the intestinal skin, it can trigger a neuro-excitatory toxic response in the body.

The D-glutamic acid, is made by processing foods and the body does not seem to recognize it.

How To Avoid Non-Labeled MSG

Without a doubt we should be reading labels and avoiding any food with MSG in it. Even if you do not seem to be sensitive to it, MSG is an irritant or neurotoxin and can damage the intestinal wall over time and create other problems down the road.

To avoid the non-labeled MSG that is used in very small quantities as a processing aid, all processed foods must be avoided. This includes many health foods such veggies burgers, turkey sausages, textured or hydrolyzed proteins and processed protein powders.

Some and for sure not all health food companies that go through the trouble of avoiding processed proteins in such a way that avoids the production of excess L-glutamic acid, any D-glutamic acid if possible, and the toxic by-products..

The key is to avoid large exposures to MSG and, while being aware of your reaction to all processed foods, especially packed protein products and even protein powders, always choose fresh, non-processed foods as often as possible.

That said, since a small amount of L and D-glutamic acid is incredibly hard to avoid, the most logical thing to do is to continue to support the health of the intestinal skin so that it continues to act as a protective barrier against toxins. If the inner skin breaks down, numerous undigested toxins can enter the blood stream and lymph and become irritants, toxins, allergens and trigger similar symptoms to MSG. Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity is a perfect example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 am

Pops give you 10 out 10 for effort with last post! :laughing6: but seriously all types food have downside or hidden information, I've lived a very unhealthy lifestyle in regards to food due to medical problems I would have expected some sort of issue by my 60th birthday but guess I'm one of lucky ones like say it's a lot to do with individual or luck that people don't get cancer ect. Poor Roy castle never smoked but got lung cancer while smoker doesn't !!! :o that's life :old:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Pops give you 10 out 10 for effort with last post! :laughing6: but seriously all types food have downside or hidden information, I've lived a very unhealthy lifestyle in regards to food due to medical problems I would have expected some sort of issue by my 60th birthday but guess I'm one of lucky ones like say it's a lot to do with individual or luck that people don't get cancer ect. Poor Roy castle never smoked but got lung cancer while smoker doesn't !!! :o that's life :old:

While I agree with you that luck has got alot to do with it I also believe to a very large and underated extent that you make your own luck!

You can either do things in moderation and live a healthy life being mindful of what is bad for you or think sod it and do many things that are bad for you and worry about the consequences when it happens.

Being reasonably healthy does not require ridiculous amounts of work once you get the hang of it. Its mainly just a case of developing your understanding a bit.If you imagine your health is a bit like your bank account, if you keep making withdrawals and don't pay anything in you could end up living on borrowed time. I do not subscribe to this its the luck of the draw stuff.

People very often use statistic's like a drunk uses a landpost, for support rather than illumination. Unfortunately even worse some people do not even stretch to that! Some say "well so and so lived to 100 and he smoked!" thats not even a statistic thats an individual!

Surely some people are going to get lucky that is life the same as some people are going to be unlucky. The thing is if you keep crossing a road with a blindfold on one day you are likely to get hit!

As an analogy.

If you imagine two gamblers.

One sell's his house and puts most of his money on Cardiff City to be promoted in a season, he then spends the whole season skint and wondering if his investment will pay off.

The other puts a few quid on Cardiff through the season trying to make sure he can afford it and betting on the odd game and enjoys it, he relaxes and enjoys the season and has plenty of money in the bank.

I am no saint and do the odd thing that is bad for me which I enjoy but I like to balance it off with a few things that are good for me which I enjoy. Thats a win win in my book. Dont get me wrong who knows I could have a heart attack tommorow but I am not going to force it on myself.

You might see 100 mate and I hope you do, you could well outlive me, but most importantly I hope you are happy! Its not just the years in your life its the life in your years! :occasion5: :)

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:44 pm

lyndipops wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Pops give you 10 out 10 for effort with last post! :laughing6: but seriously all types food have downside or hidden information, I've lived a very unhealthy lifestyle in regards to food due to medical problems I would have expected some sort of issue by my 60th birthday but guess I'm one of lucky ones like say it's a lot to do with individual or luck that people don't get cancer ect. Poor Roy castle never smoked but got lung cancer while smoker doesn't !!! :o that's life :old:

While I agree with you that luck has got alot to do with it I also believe to a very large and underated extent that you make your own luck!

You can either do things in moderation and live a healthy life being mindful of what is bad for you or think sod it and do many things that are bad for you and worry about the consequences when it happens.

Being reasonably healthy does not require ridiculous amounts of work once you get the hang of it. Its mainly just a case of developing your understanding a bit.If you imagine your health is a bit like your bank account, if you keep making withdrawals and don't pay anything in you could end up living on borrowed time. I do not subscribe to this its the luck of the draw stuff.

People very often use statistic's like a drunk uses a landpost, for support rather than illumination. Unfortunately even worse some people do not even stretch to that! Some say "well so and so lived to 100 and he smoked!" thats not even a statistic thats an individual!

Surely some people are going to get lucky that is life the same as some people are going to be unlucky. The thing is if you keep crossing a road with a blindfold on one day you are likely to get hit!

As an analogy.

If you imagine two gamblers.

One sell's his house and puts most of his money on Cardiff City to be promoted in a season, he then spends the whole season skint and wondering if his investment will pay off.

The other puts a few quid on Cardiff through the season trying to make sure he can afford it and betting on the odd game and enjoys it, he relaxes and enjoys the season and has plenty of money in the bank.

I am no saint and do the odd thing that is bad for me which I enjoy but I like to balance it off with a few things that are good for me which I enjoy. Thats a win win in my book. Dont get me wrong who knows I could have a heart attack tommorow but I am not going to force it on myself.

You might see 100 mate and I hope you do, you could well outlive me, but most importantly I hope you are happy! Its not just the years in your life its the life in your years! :occasion5: :)

If I live to be a hundred now that would be a miracle!!! :D but take the point that people should look after themselves a lot better than they do, as they say all things in moderation is best phylosophy! As how many times do you hear to much of something is bad for you only for advice to be changed further down the road ? If experts can't make minds up how is jo public going to? :roll:

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:30 pm

All in your jeans I suppose. More people don't get cancer than get it. A horrible disease that we all fear. Roy Castle never smoked no. But he worked in clubs up and down the country where he was a passive smoker. That is why I backed and 100% agree with the smoking ban in pubs and clubs. If you want to smoke and run the risks that's fine but don't force it onto others.