Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF GET SECOND BID REJECTED "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:
asc wrote:you have not got the cash :) , second bid was just the same but more upfront.

Unsettled him for you, come to us or play shit for you :D

He'll come, you will see !!!

you bastards :lol:

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF GET SECOND BID REJECTED "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:33 pm

McInnes said the second offer still does not meet Aberdeen's valuation of the player and called for the situation to be resolved quickly as he looks ahead to a William Hill Scottish Cup fourth-round contest with Stranraer on Saturday.

It sounds like it's Aberdeen's manager keeping the deal alive.

Why not say the situation is now resolved as opposed to.... Calling for it to be resolved.

Seems like he's hoping for the money to spend.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Wayne S wrote:McInnes said the second offer still does not meet Aberdeen's valuation of the player and called for the situation to be resolved quickly as he looks ahead to a William Hill Scottish Cup fourth-round contest with Stranraer on Saturday.

It sounds like it's Aberdeen's manager keeping the deal alive.

Why not say the situation is now resolved as opposed to.... Calling for it to be resolved.

Seems like he's hoping for the money to spend.

he sounds quite desperate actually maybe they have a mac ridler type in the background not being open about how much they owe HMRC.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:34 pm

I've just been on the Dons board and one guy on there reckons he's only on about 3k pw.If thats the case surely he's told them he wants to go.I'm not sure how much we would offer him but I would have thought it would be upwards of10k pw or am I way out.With a 3yr contract it would be his chance to secure his future.I must admit I'm a bit surprised if true as I thought Hays being their best player(according to a few on their board) would be on alot more.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I've just been on the Dons board and one guy on there reckons he's only on about 3k pw.If thats the case surely he's told them he wants to go.I'm not sure how much we would offer him but I would have thought it would be upwards of10k pw or am I way out.With a 3yr contract it would be his chance to secure his future.I must admit I'm a bit surprised if true as I thought Hays being their best player(according to a few on their board) would be on alot more.

your probably right in that his wages would be higher here. if i were him i think id want the move for the dosh too.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I've just been on the Dons board and one guy on there reckons he's only on about 3k pw.If thats the case surely he's told them he wants to go.I'm not sure how much we would offer him but I would have thought it would be upwards of10k pw or am I way out.With a 3yr contract it would be his chance to secure his future.I must admit I'm a bit surprised if true as I thought Hays being their best player(according to a few on their board) would be on alot more.

Johnny is one of our bets players, and he will be on about 3k pw. Unfortunately we cannot afford to pay our players more, without riddling the club with debt that was the noose around our club for so long. We have a VERY strict wage budget, hence why we have such a small squad (quality over quantity)

Its been a miracle really that none of our players have moved on in the last 4 years, and the credit has to goto the manager for creating an atmosphere that's hard for the people to leave.

If he goes, and I really hope he doesn't, it will be for the money, and tbh who could blame him. Any one of us would move if you got a chance to quadruple your wages. Only saving grace is that apparently he and his partner is happy in the NE of Scotland, and they have just had a wee girl, so appear to be settled! fingers crossed!!

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:14 pm

IMO City should not be looking at a 29 year old who is good in a league which is below the level of the Championship, but younger and more proven players in the EFL or similar quality leagues abroad.

I just don't get the appeal of someone who has failed in the EFL* and is 30 next season - wingers lose speed at that age and that is what we want. I'd prefer to se Kadeem Harris play each week or even Matty Kennedy.

* 2004–2007
Reading
(0)
→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)
(1)
→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)
(0)
2007–2009
Leicester City
(0)
→ Northampton Town (loan)
(0)
2008–2009
→ Cheltenham Town (loan)

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Danny Says wrote:IMO City should not be looking at a 29 year old who is good in a league which is below the level of the Championship, but younger and more proven players in the EFL or similar quality leagues abroad.

I just don't get the appeal of someone who has failed in the EFL* and is 30 next season - wingers lose speed at that age and that is what we want. I'd prefer to se Kadeem Harris play each week or even Matty Kennedy.

* 2004–2007
Reading
(0)
→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)
(1)
→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)
(0)
2007–2009
Leicester City
(0)
→ Northampton Town (loan)
(0)
2008–2009
→ Cheltenham Town (loan)

i trust our manager, the boy seems to be admired greatly by their fans and for some players it takes years for various reasons to click
eg 2007-2010
stocksbridge steels
2010-11
Halifax town
2011 12
fleetwood
2012 - now
leicster
PFA player of year. lge champions .England call up. etc etc.

Kadeem ? very poor touch for this level.
Kennedy? seems to have some talent but 3 Cardiff managers havent had him near their match day squads and port vale {after a good start to a loan spell} bombed him out

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:25 pm

BIZARRE

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=181295

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:BIZARRE

What is?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 pm

I'll tell you what is bizarre Annis the fact that McInnes can't shut up about the whole affair.

As the saying goes .... Me thinks he does protest too much.

If I was a Don fan I'd be directing my anger at the manager as opposed to CCFC.

McInnes says that it is probably unsettling the player..... then don't put the offer to him if you are not considering accepting it. Keep it all to yourself until the board say they are accepting the offer.

The guys a plank.
Last edited by Wayne S on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 pm

mike1234 wrote:

What is?

Their manager is calling the whole thing bizarre.