Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " CARDIFF GET SECOND BID REJECTED "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:24 pm

CARDIFF CITY MAKE SECOND BID FOR JONNY HAYES, BUT ABERDEEN REJECT IT.

Aberdeen Manager:
Cardiff came in with a second offer which was just structured differently from the first and was rejected.
Every player I’ve spoken to is aware of our thoughts and things should become clearer over the next few weeks.
We’ve created an environment that makes it difficult for players to leave which is good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF GET SECOND BID REJECTED "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Beat me to it. :lol:

Aberdeen have rejected a second bid from Cardiff City.

Cardiff returned on Tuesday with a bid to the same value as the first but "structured differently" according to McInnes.

The manager reiterated his determination to keep hold of the player adding: "They have come in with another bid last night but it was the exact same offer. There's no more money involved.

"It's not been good enough and until that changes we stay as we are.

"It's nice to think clubs are interested in our players but like everything else you'd ideally want it resolved one way or another quickly.

"We've got a high regard for Jonny and all the players here and if they or anyone else has the same high regard they'll see that bid for what it is.

"If that's where they value him at then that's where they value him at. He's worth a lot more to us."

Hayes still has 18 months left of his Aberdeen contract. Last season his form saw him earn his first cap for the Republic of Ireland.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:27 pm

norms76 wrote:Beat me to it. :lol:

Aberdeen have rejected a second bid from Cardiff City for Jonny Hayes.

It comes just days after the Evening Express revealed the Dons snubbed a £500,000 bid from the Bluebirds.

Boss Derek McInnes said: “Cardiff came in with a second offer which was just structured differently from the first and was rejected.

“Every player I’ve spoken to is aware of our thoughts and things should become clearer over the next few weeks.

:lol: :thumbright:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 pm

you have not got the cash :) , second bid was just the same but more upfront.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Would expect us to move on to other targets now.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:30 pm

asc wrote:you have not got the cash :) , second bid was just the same but more upfront.

I doubt that's the case, we've got a valuation of the player and so have Aberdeen, it's a case of just both clubs trying to get the best deal for them.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:36 pm

no mate you are miles away, first bid was 250.000 and the next lot in instalments. the second bid was more upfront . like it or not your miles apart. our valuation is hell lot more than what you think he is worth. 500k more to the bid and you might have got somewhere. but I sense you have not got much to throw about.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:40 pm

I think it's time to move on. We shouldn't offer a penny more for a 29 year old who is by and large untested in a competitive league. He could easily be a total flop at championship level and we will have no re-same value at his age.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:41 pm

asc wrote:no mate you are miles away, first bid was 250.000 and the next lot in instalments. the second bid was more upfront . like it or not your miles apart. our valuation is hell lot more than what you think he is worth. 500k more to the bid and you might have got somewhere. but I sense you have not got much to throw about.

Again, no one knows. This is just the opinion of an ITK on twitter called @AgentScotland

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:44 pm

asc wrote:no mate you are miles away, first bid was 250.000 and the next lot in instalments. the second bid was more upfront . like it or not your miles apart. our valuation is hell lot more than what you think he is worth. 500k more to the bid and you might have got somewhere. but I sense you have not got much to throw about.

Only time will tell, with the FFP rules, the silly days of chucking our cash about are gone. Neil Warnock has his valuation on the player and will bid what Ihe thinks he's worth & that's fine by us. If we cannot get agree on anything with Aberdeen on Hayes then I'm sure he'll move onto other targets.

Kennedy plus cash is a good deal if that's true. He'd rip the SPL apart, on his day he's a cracking player and it's a shame he's not made the impact he made with us initially.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Your correct on the not much to throw about mate.

With our Club now cutting it's cloth accordingly and FFP rules dictating to us gone are the days of us spending bundles on players.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 pm

no wayne coming from inside the club as well. anyway I'm just delighted that it looks like he is staying till summer at least and might even re sign. you would have loved him. old fashioned winger and hugely entertaining and great watch. would have easily dazzled in your league.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm

asc wrote:no wayne coming from inside the club as well. anyway I'm just delighted that it looks like he is staying till summer at least and might even re sign. you would have loved him. old fashioned winger and hugely entertaining and great watch. would have easily dazzled in your league.

That's a bit premature saying we would have loved him, you'd look a little silly if he does come to us. I'd say it's not done yet.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm

asc wrote:no wayne coming from inside the club as well. anyway I'm just delighted that it looks like he is staying till summer at least and might even re sign. you would have loved him. old fashioned winger and hugely entertaining and great watch. would have easily dazzled in your league.

Not much of a loss for us, by all accounts he blows hot n cold.

Lets move on and actually sign a talented pacy winger :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:52 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Your correct on the not much to throw about mate.

With our Club now cutting it's cloth accordingly and FFP rules dictating to us gone are the days of us spending bundles on players.

well at least in Warnock you might have the guy that can find that bargains

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:56 pm

norms76 wrote:

That's a bit premature saying we would have loved him, you'd look a little silly if he does come to us. I'd say it's not done yet.

oh its done alright . if he leaves it wont be Cardiff unless you go under tans mattress ;)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

asc wrote:
norms76 wrote:

oh its done alright . if he leaves it wont be Cardiff unless you go under tans mattress ;)

It'll be a big mattress as he's worth around 1.3 billion. :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:00 pm

norms76 wrote:
asc wrote:
norms76 wrote:

:lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:01 pm

norms76 wrote:
asc wrote:
norms76 wrote:

:laughing6: love it

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Well I sense a slight arrogance. Your Aberdeen not athletico. And the player isn't even proven at Championship level. I understand you want to keep him so your pricing him out of the deal, it doesn't mean he's worth more.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Doesn't seem to be a queue at the gates for him though, move on. silly money or being held to ransom days are over.
In Neil we trust !!

ps. how about Huws straight swap, he a Welsh international, you know :thumbup:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Jules wrote:Doesn't seem to be a queue at the gates for him though, move on. silly money or being held to ransom days are over.
In Neil we trust !!

ps. how about Huws straight swap, he a Welsh international, you know :thumbup:

nah your ok. last decent welsh guy we had was peter Nicholas . oh and danny ward ;)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 pm

time to move on and not get held to ransom for an old scottish player who didnt cut it down here.
id prefer us to play noone or kennedy than pay out over the odds

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Could he play at Championship level? Apart from Celtic, (who are Championship level), the rest of the SPL is top half of League 1 standard at best. You rarely get Scottish players coming straight to Premier League any more. Wanyama and van Dijk have done so recently, but they aren't Scottish and came from Celtic who might just about be bottom 6 Premier League class at best.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Didn't we get super Kevin McNaughton from Aberdeen?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:38 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Could he play at Championship level? Apart from Celtic, (who are Championship level), the rest of the SPL is top half of League 1 standard at best. You rarely get Scottish players coming straight to Premier League any more. Wanyama and van Dijk have done so recently, but they aren't Scottish and came from Celtic who might just about be bottom 6 Premier League class at best.

Aberdeen , hearts , and that other new club I canna mind would compete in your glorious championship . I watch lot of it and its brutal. rather watch Spl . and we play in gale force winds and hailstones the size cannon balls. ;) you could argue top league one is no different from bottom half championship ;) fitba all about opinions that's why we love it.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:31 pm

its your manager that cant stop talking about it. if our offer was miles off surely it would have been a two word reply and get on with his life.?

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF GET SECOND BID REJECTED "

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm

ABERDEEN MANAGER:

Cardiff came in with a second offer which was just structured differently from the first and was rejected.
Every player I’ve spoken to is aware of our thoughts and things should become clearer over the next few weeks.
We’ve created an environment that makes it difficult for players to leave which is good.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm

dogfound wrote:

its your manager that cant stop talking about it. if our offer was miles off surely it would have been a two word reply and get on with his life.?

media up here love to unstable teams outwith the old scum. this transfer window its had 6 of our players all going its all lies and nonsense . With regards our manager .he keeps getting asked about it think his answer for your first bid was to get serious, but you came back with same offer apart from putting giving it in £50 bundles instead £20s ;)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:25 pm

asc wrote:you have not got the cash :) , second bid was just the same but more upfront.

Unsettled him for you, come to us or play shit for you :D

He'll come, you will see !!!