" Could one of Cardiff City's New Signings be on his way out

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Personally I said at the time, Huws failed else where, so why are we signing him? probably because he was Free and cheap, but in the long run cost us money as he has done nothing for us five months later.

Emyr Huws who last season played for Huddersfield and Wigan was released on a free transfer, no other Northern clubs showed interest and so ex Cardiff City manager Paul Trollope signed him for Cardiff City as he knew him from his Wales days.

So far under new manager Neil Warnock, Huws has not really figured in his plans and as Warnock has been told to trim the squad even further it looks like Huws stay at Cardiff Could be a short one.

Emyr Huws' lack of influence will be a huge source of frustration for many Cardiff fans who have followed the former Manchester City youngster's progress, particularly in Wales colours.

He simply hasn't been able to replicate any of the form shown for his country, nor for Huddersfield last season.

He has failed to convince Warnock he should be starting more games with a tepid performance in the FA Cup defeat to Fulham.

The only stumbling block to a potential January move, either on loan or permanently, would be a lack of suitors. Huws, now 23, hasn't done anything to attract much interest this season.
Attachments
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG (46.22 KiB) Viewed 4590 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Could one of Cardiff City's New Signings be on his way

Postby Reza » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:18 pm

doesnt seem to have the drive in his belly to fight to get into the team so get rid,wasting wages on him
Always be blue
Reza

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Such a shame but Huws hasn't really had a chance. Not so long ago Zohore was being written off as a waste of space but got an unexpected chance and is now shining. Same thing hasn't happened for Huws and in football luck plays a huge part and with NW having to trim the squad to bring his own players in Huws has a bulls eye painted on his arse for being the next player to be shown the door.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby petesmeat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Such a shame but Huws hasn't really had a chance. Not so long ago Zohore was being written off as a waste of space but got an unexpected chance and is now shining. Same thing hasn't happened for Huws and in football luck plays a huge part and with NW having to trim the squad to bring his own players in Huws has a bulls eye painted on his arse for being the next player to be shown the door.

Every chance he's had he's been worse than awful. His "display" at PNE was wretched and he hides from the ball when it isn't going away. I'd love a welshman to do well here but it doesn't look like it will for Emyr. I'd like to see him go on loan for the rest of the season and reassess the situation in the summer but if we do sell him, he's been rubbish for us so the club can't be blamed.
petesmeat

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I said at the time, Huws failed else where, so why are we signing him? probably because he was Free and cheap, but in the long run cost us money as he has done nothing for us five months later.

Emyr Huws who last season played for Huddersfield and Wigan was released on a free transfer, no other Northern clubs showed interest and so ex Cardiff City manager Paul Trollope signed him for Cardiff City as he knew him from his Wales days.

So far under new manager Neil Warnock, Huws has not really figured in his plans and as Warnock has been told to trim the squad even further it looks like Huws stay at Cardiff Could be a short one.

Emyr Huws' lack of influence will be a huge source of frustration for many Cardiff fans who have followed the former Manchester City youngster's progress, particularly in Wales colours.

He simply hasn't been able to replicate any of the form shown for his country, nor for Huddersfield last season.

He has failed to convince Warnock he should be starting more games with a tepid performance in the FA Cup defeat to Fulham.

The only stumbling block to a potential January move, either on loan or permanently, would be a lack of suitors. Huws, now 23, hasn't done anything to attract much interest this season.

was he a free ? have read varieties on this ranging from a free transfer to £1 mill.
100% not cheap {wages} like most of our summer signings Immers,Amos Richards and Lambert.
dogfound

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Hughes last chance was fulham home.
The effort he put in was so disappointing.
fred keenor

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:46 pm

fred keenor wrote:Hughes last chance was fulham home.
The effort he put in was so disappointing.

agree, its hard to see a way foward tbh,dont really see another club taking him on.
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 pm

petesmeat wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Such a shame but Huws hasn't really had a chance. Not so long ago Zohore was being written off as a waste of space but got an unexpected chance and is now shining. Same thing hasn't happened for Huws and in football luck plays a huge part and with NW having to trim the squad to bring his own players in Huws has a bulls eye painted on his arse for being the next player to be shown the door.

Every chance he's had he's been worse than awful. His "display" at PNE was wretched and he hides from the ball when it isn't going away. I'd love a welshman to do well here but it doesn't look like it will for Emyr. I'd like to see him go on loan for the rest of the season and reassess the situation in the summer but if we do sell him, he's been rubbish for us so the club can't be blamed.

I agree with you for the most part he hasn't done himself any favours with his performances. But there is a player in there somewhere and as I said Zohore was more than written off only a short few weeks ago but NW somehow got through to him and he has grabbed his chance.

I suppose if a manager doesn't have faith in you it will affect performance out on the pitch.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 pm

He doesn't look interested - he looks really lethargic and there's no energy or hunger when you look at him, no frustration that he's on the bench it's as if he's given up it's really odd.
Blue_Barber

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:He doesn't look interested - he looks really lethargic and there's no energy or hunger when you look at him, no frustration that he's on the bench it's as if he's given up it's really odd.

really odd is right. Trolls signed him but gave him very little game time, then NW arrives follows suit and then comes out with what i thought a strange remark ,words to the effect of Emyr being a victim of circumstance having been with Wales the week he took over as manager.
i do agree with all youve said,just doesnt look desperate to play
dogfound

Postby Valley Lad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Huge disappointment for me, I was actually really pleased when we signed him as thought he showed huge signs of potential a few years ago when he came on the scene with Wales.
He certainly hasn't kicked on and his career appears to be passing him by?
For a big young guy he appears to lack that bit of steel & drive...........I fear he could end up on the slag heap ??
Valley Lad

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm

[quote="Valley Lad"]Huge disappointment for me, I was actually really pleased when we signed him as thought he showed huge signs of potential a few years ago when he came on the scene with Wales.
For a big young guy he appears to lack that bit of steel & drive...........I fear he could end up on the slag heap ??[/quote

the problem is with some of these youngsters is the money came to quick and too easy. his career stats amount to next to nothing but has earned literally millions out of the game already
dogfound

Postby Valley Lad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:27 pm

dogfound wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:Huge disappointment for me, I was actually really pleased when we signed him as thought he showed huge signs of potential a few years ago when he came on the scene with Wales.
For a big young guy he appears to lack that bit of steel & drive...........I fear he could end up on the slag heap ??[/quote

the problem is with some of these youngsters is the money came to quick and too easy. his career stats amount to next to nothing but has earned literally millions out of the game already

Agreed, think Huws may have thought he had it on a plate, however it now appears he maybe in the 'last chance saloon'
Valley Lad

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:42 pm

To be honest I'm more dissapointed that okeefe has been frozen out. He was a stand out performer when he came into the team last year and made a big difference.
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Valley Lad wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:Huge disappointment for me, I was actually really pleased when we signed him as thought he showed huge signs of potential a few years ago when he came on the scene with Wales.

Agreed, think Huws may have thought he had it on a plate, however it now appears he maybe in the 'last chance saloon'

if kids end up at these big club academies and show lots of promise {huws did at citeh }they get much bigger rewards in the way of contracts than maybe is sensible. then they dont quite make it and semi give up with a healthy looking bank ballance. im sure a hell of a lot of talent is lost due to this
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 pm

dogfound wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:
dogfound wrote:

if kids end up at these big club academies and show lots of promise {huws did at citeh }they get much bigger rewards in the way of contracts than maybe is sensible. then they dont quite make it and semi give up with a healthy looking bank ballance. im sure a hell of a lot of talent is lost due to this

Spot on, heard many older pros talk about this. The youth get treated like stars these days, overpaid and overhyped and loose motivation. They should be kept hungry.
nubbsy

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Surely we can't sell a Welsh player? There will be too much uproar with fans?! :roll: :old:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Personally I said at the time, Huws failed else where, so why are we signing him? probably because he was Free and cheap, but in the long run cost us money as he has done nothing for us five months later.

was he a free ? have read varieties on this ranging from a free transfer to £1 mill.
100% not cheap {wages} like most of our summer signings Immers,Amos Richards and Lambert.

Free transfer,but signing on fee and quite high wages.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:07 pm

A mystery of a signing. Made no sense if he wasn't going to be played. Given the first 45 at Preston and apart from the Fulham debacle he has not been seen but is good enough to feature for wales. He should be good enough given that and his performances for Huddersfield last year to be of benefit to City.

if anyone should be shown the door it is not Huws, who clearly can play the game but Gounongbe who is just not cut out for this level.

Saadi - is he coming back anytime soon?
Danny Says

Return to General Chat