Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea North Bank Alliance

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Jack's slagged us out while our kit was changed from red to blue, yet carry on doing nothing while the Yanks systematically take their club apart.

Apparently this North Bank Alliance was going to take on the Yanks but could only muster 2 members from Carmarthen. Nice business cards though. That'll scare the Yanks no doubts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Swansea North Bank Alliance

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Bit different though let's be fair. The new American owners have not actually done anything wrong as of yet. It is the previous owners that screwed the fans over.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Capitano wrote:Bit different though let's be fair. The new American owners have not actually done anything wrong as of yet. It is the previous owners that screwed the fans over.

Just glad it's happened Roathie... :thumbup: :laughing5:

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Capitano wrote:Bit different though let's be fair. The new American owners have not actually done anything wrong as of yet. It is the previous owners that screwed the fans over.

Sacked a highly rated manager who kept them up previous season.

Brought in Bob Bradley.

Ignored the Trust who own a 24% stake in the club.

Sold some key players.

Have invested diddly squat.

But hey they've done nothing wrong.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:47 pm

so the new American owners have done nothing wrong. but the previous owners are now public enemy number 1 for selling to these havent done anything wrong guys.
truth is your all angry because your shit.cant be seen to be saying that so rebrand your protests on a weekly basis.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Both are fantastic and doing a great job, let's hope they carry on for the next four seasons and take them out of the football league :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Both are fantastic and doing a great job, let's hope they carry on for the next four seasons and take them out of the football league :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Spot on :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:41 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Brought in Bob Bradley.

Sold some key players.

Swansea have sold key players most seasons, they also sacked highly rated managers and to a certain extent ignored the trust. Nothing new is happening now that wasnt before hand, in fact according to the Trust, they have more of a voice now than they ever had.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:42 pm

dogfound wrote:

so the new American owners have done nothing wrong. but the previous owners are now public enemy number 1 for selling to these havent done anything wrong guys.
truth is your all angry because your shit.cant be seen to be saying that so rebrand your protests on a weekly basis.

The old owners are public enemy number 1 due to the way they went about selling the club, not that they sold it or infact whom they sold it to. The latter is yet to be determined.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Capitano wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Brought in Bob Bradley.

Sold some key players.

Swansea have sold key players most seasons, they also sacked highly rated managers and to a certain extent ignored the trust. Nothing new is happening now that wasnt before hand, in fact according to the Trust, they have more of a voice now than they ever had.

And after selling and sacking too much due to arrogance the wheels are finally falling off.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:And after selling and sacking too much due to arrogance the wheels are finally falling off.

I don't think there any any wheels falling off. Every club barring the top 7/8 clubs in England go through transitional periods now and again and every club in the Prem sacks managers and is a selling club, only Real and Madrid can keep their players and not be attracted elsewhere. That is just football.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Capitano wrote:
nubbsy wrote:And after selling and sacking too much due to arrogance the wheels are finally falling off.

I don't think there any any wheels falling off. Every club barring the top 7/8 clubs in England go through transitional periods now and again and every club in the Prem sacks managers and is a selling club, only Real and Madrid can keep their players and not be attracted elsewhere. That is just football.

I take a balanced view when it comes to Swansea but to say the wheels are not coming off I cant agree with.

Your current situation is a little bit more than 'transition' dont you think?

I did think you had a chance of staying up if you could nick a few points in this tough run you have at the minute as you have some winnable games coming up after that and not a bad run in at the end.

The appointment of Clement baffled me mind? I just cant see how he got the job, I dont see how hes what you needed? I would have gone all out for Pardew, experienced and been there and done it, I think you have blown any chance you had of staying up with his appoiment, whats your thoughts?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:43 am

Capitano wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Brought in Bob Bradley.

Sold some key players.

Strange then that one of the stickies on planet swamp is the fans demanding the Trust speak up now.

Strange that 99% of posts are slagging out the new owners.

But hey you keep painting this picture of all is fine in typical Roathie style.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:52 am

RV Casual wrote:
Capitano wrote:

I take a balanced view when it comes to Swansea but to say the wheels are not coming off I cant agree with.

I did think you had a chance of staying up if you could nick a few points in this tough run you have at the minute as you have some winnable games coming up after that and not a bad run in at the end.

The appointment of Clement baffled me mind? I just cant see how he got the job, I dont see how hes what you needed? I would have gone all out for Pardew, experienced and been there and done it, I think you have blown any chance you had of staying up with his appoiment, whats your thoughts?

No, it is a bona fide transitional period. 15 years of ownership has changed, it was never going to be a smooth ride and anyone who thought it was is a fool. To say the wheels are coming off would suggest an impending total collapse. Relegation happens to most clubs (nearly all). But the infrastructure is now there to continue pushing forward once the transitional period has settled. The academy is in place, the U-23 team is one of the best in the country, no debt and a decent basis of a Championship squad. I don't get sucked into this hyperbole, although appreciate it may feel fun to participate. It's just not realistic. As for Clement, Swansea have been long time admirers. He is seen as a ling term option and not a quick fix to keep them up. A smart long term move and feels far more stable than someone like a Pardew or a Redknapp.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:55 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Capitano wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Brought in Bob Bradley.

Sold some key players.

Strange then that one of the stickies on planet swamp is the fans demanding the Trust speak up now.

ONE of the stickies you say? The clue may be in the sentence there mate :D

Needless to say I also disagree with your %. I would say 99% of fans are not happy with the ownership change, but that is more of a fact that there is a lot of uncertainty and unknowns rather than the Americans themselves. As I have highlighted, they haven't actually done anything wrong as of yet.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:04 am

Capitano wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Capitano wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Brought in Bob Bradley.

Sold some key players.

ONE of the stickies you say? The clue may be in the sentence there mate :D

Needless to say I also disagree with your %. I would say 99% of fans are not happy with the ownership change, but that is more of a fact that there is a lot of uncertainty and unknowns rather than the Americans themselves. As I have highlighted, they haven't actually done anything wrong as of yet.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, look it up and seek urgent help!!!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 am

It's called being sensible. Maybe look up hyperbolic desire disorder. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:49 am

Capitano wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Capitano wrote:

No, it is a bona fide transitional period. 15 years of ownership has changed, it was never going to be a smooth ride and anyone who thought it was is a fool. To say the wheels are coming off would suggest an impending total collapse. Relegation happens to most clubs (nearly all). But the infrastructure is now there to continue pushing forward once the transitional period has settled. The academy is in place, the U-23 team is one of the best in the country, no debt and a decent basis of a Championship squad. I don't get sucked into this hyperbole, although appreciate it may feel fun to participate. It's just not realistic. As for Clement, Swansea have been long time admirers. He is seen as a ling term option and not a quick fix to keep them up. A smart long term move and feels far more stable than someone like a Pardew or a Redknapp.

Not exactly.

If you look up the meaning of the term 'The wheels are starting to come off' it is usually used in journalism and is used to describe something that is starting to fail/go wrong, especially after a period of success. It doesn't mean 'on the verge of total collapse', and theres you saying you don't do hyperbole :lol:

That is an absolute perfect description of what is happening at Swansea at the moment, is it not?

You maybe going through a transitional period in terms of ownership but not as a Club. You have the same Chairman and infrastructure as you point out yourself.

4 Managers in under 3 years and the selling of your best players without replacing them is not 'Transition' its abject failure.

As for the rest, well its all subjective and time will tell on Clement. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:01 am

RV Casual wrote:Not exactly.

If you look up the meaning of the term 'The wheels are starting to come off' it is usually used in journalism and is used to describe something that is starting to fail/go wrong, especially after a period of success. It doesn't mean 'on the verge of total collapse', and theres you saying you don't do hyperbole :lol:

That is an absolute perfect description of what is happening at Swansea at the moment, is it not?

You maybe going through a transitional period in terms of ownership but not as a Club. You have the same Chairman and infrastructure as you point out yourself.

4 Managers in under 3 years and the selling of your best players without replacing them is not 'Transition' its abject failure.

As for the rest, well its all subjective and time will tell on Clement. :thumbup:

Pretty damn exactly in my view. For a club to fail then surely that would mean total collapse of whatever target/plan they have? As I outlined in my last reply, every single team barring the big boys get relegated, they all sack managers and they all go through transitional periods. So how is something failing if it is just going through the normal cycle of nearly all Premier League football clubs? It is expected. So the wheels are not coming off, however 'journalists' want to use the ridiculous term, they are still not coming off.

Of course it is transition. Swansea have always sold players (as has every club) if they kept replacing with better then they would eventually end up with Messi, which is unrealistic. It could be argued that keeping players when they want to move on and as a result performance levels dipping and not getting a fee for them to reinvest into youth would be abject failure, as it fails the system and cycle. They got the best years out of Williams and sold him for massive profit, anyone thinking they would get better than Williams for £10m in todays market is deluded, so they invested in the future with Mawson.

I am afraid the hyperbole is just that.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:39 am

Capitano wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Not exactly.

Pretty damn exactly in my view. For a club to fail then surely that would mean total collapse of whatever target/plan they have? As I outlined in my last reply, every single team barring the big boys get relegated, they all sack managers and they all go through transitional periods. So how is something failing if it is just going through the normal cycle of nearly all Premier League football clubs? It is expected. So the wheels are not coming off, however 'journalists' want to use the ridiculous term, they are still not coming off.

Of course it is transition. Swansea have always sold players (as has every club) if they kept replacing with better then they would eventually end up with Messi, which is unrealistic. It could be argued that keeping players when they want to move on and as a result performance levels dipping and not getting a fee for them to reinvest into youth would be abject failure, as it fails the system and cycle. They got the best years out of Williams and sold him for massive profit, anyone thinking they would get better than Williams for £10m in todays market is deluded, so they invested in the future with Mawson.

I am afraid the hyperbole is just that.

Again, not realy, 'Starting to fail' - 'Failed' two very different things don't you agree. The wheel's are coming off for Leicester aswell, it means they are failing (at the moment) same as you are, that doesn't mean total collapse does it when there are still 17 games left of the season to play.

The wheels are coming off is an expression, the wheels could quite easily be put back on. They were coming off for us at the start of the season, we appointed Warnock and they are now back on.

You don't seem to grasp the meaning of the expression so it's pointless debating it, just have to agree to disagree.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:49 am

RV Casual wrote:
Again, not realy, 'Starting to fail' - 'Failed' two very different things don't you agree. The wheel's are coming off for Leicester aswell, it means they are failing (at the moment) same as you are, that doesn't mean total collapse does it when there are still 17 games left of the season to play.

The wheels are coming off is an expression, the wheels could quite easily be put back on. They were coming off for us at the start of the season, we appointed Warnock and they are now back on.

You don't seem to grasp the meaning of the expression so it's pointless debating it, just have to agree to disagree.

No certainly don't agree, not in the context we are talking. Leicester are in the latter stages of the Champions League and will not be relegated in all reality. How is that failing? Smaller teams will always struggle as they don't have the squad to cope when focus is off the league. So again, it was expected, Swansea was a case in point when they got to the latter stages of Europe.

My point it isn't total collapse even if Swansea dont win another game this season. It means they have had a bad season based on some turbulence behind the scenes, the infrastructure is there to bouce back long term, hence the signings of the likes Mawson, a long term manager in the form of Clement and investment into the U-23 side which is one of the best in the country. Football is cyclical when invested in the right areas. No wheels were coming off Cardiff either, the investment in the first team side was minimal, it was expected that Cardiff would be towards the bottom end of the Championship. Its far too short term a statement to say the wheels are coming off based on a year of bad on pitch results.

Completely understand the expression, but also aknowledge it is a ridiculous one, especially used in this context.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Give it up RV the loon will keep arguing black if youre arguing white until the cows come home.

Cuckooooo!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:10 pm

polo wrote:Give it up RV the loon will keep arguing black if youre arguing white until the cows come home.

Cuckooooo!

I will debate that something is incorrect, when it is. But don't let that get in the way of your enfatuation :thumbup:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Capitano wrote:
polo wrote:Give it up RV the loon will keep arguing black if youre arguing white until the cows come home.

Cuckooooo!

I will debate that something is incorrect, when it is. But don't let that get in the way of your enfatuation :thumbup:

Lets debate how to spell the word 'infatuation'

You lose

Goodbye :wave:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:23 pm

polo wrote:
Capitano wrote:

Cuckooooo!

Lets debate how to spell the word 'infatuation'

You lose

Goodbye :wave:

Let's* I think you mean?

QED

Bye mini Pembroke Allen. :wave: :D

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Cuckooooo!

Realised that now mate, no reasoning with some people :thumbup:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Cuckooooo!

Realised that now mate, no reasoning with some people :thumbup:

Your reasoning seems to be, ''If nobody agrees with me then abuse them''. Couldn't I level that at you also as you don't appear to have folded to my opinion? Have I abused you for disagreeing with me? no. Have I been rude because you hold an opposite opinion? no. Have I essentially demanded you agree with me? no. There is the difference.

You think the wheels are falling off is a short term thing, I completely disagree. I'm sure Leicester fans would too. :thumbright:
Last edited by Capitano on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:40 pm

The Loon is loose!!!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Dessy1927 wrote:The Loon is loose!!!

Another panicky response to someone talking sense and not folding to abuse in order to agree with something that I do not believe to be correct.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Your not wanted, take the hint!!!