" LEEDS UNITED / CARDIFF CITY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:20 am

One of the biggest clubs outside the Premier League and we are about to face them soon Leeds United

LEEDS UNITED V CARDIFF CITY

Saturday 11th February 3pm and not live on tv and at the moment No restrictions at all.

For me personally Leeds v Cardiff City would always be one game I would always look forward to going to.

Then over the years we've had restriction upon restriction put on our fans.
The last two years the restrictions have totally been lifted due to zero trouble from both sets of fans.
But we've only taken about 180 fans due to it being a midweek games.

Plus

So for many fans going to Elland Road will be a new ground and for many not boring as they have not been there for many years.

I've been to the last 9 Away games with Cardiff at Elland Road (except from when our club boycotted it) I have to say they have created an incredible atmosphere for a club that's been struggling badly.

The Leeds stewards have treated us well and welcoming the last two seasons :thumbright:

I highly recommend this game for all City fans :thumbright: :bluebird:

And to add the excitement Gary Monk is there manager.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " LEEDS UNITED / CARDIFF CITY "

Postby gwentbluebirds » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:08 am

A major issue have also been their prices often lose to £35 and added with travel puts alot of fans off.
gwentbluebirds

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:19 am

Looking forward to this one and hoping it remains restrictions free.

Think we will take somewhere between 800-1000.
RV Casual

Postby englishbluebird » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:08 am

People have been put off by no Nazi stewards and high ticket prices aswell.Theres no way leeds united can justify 35 quid a ticket when the likes of reading are charging 20. Its a matter of principle. Ill be going but I hope the club have realised its not the 80s and you cant treat people like cattle anymore.
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 am

englishbluebird wrote:People have been put off by no Nazi stewards and high ticket prices aswell.Theres no way leeds united can justify 35 quid a ticket when the likes of reading are charging 20. Its a matter of principle. Ill be going but I hope the club have realised its not the 80s and you cant treat people like cattle anymore.

Quote (Forever Blue): The Leeds stewards have treated us well and welcoming the last two seasons :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby murphy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:30 am

I'm going to Amsterdam that day and the fact that it's same day as Wales v England in that pathetic sport will lower our following.
murphy

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:08 pm

The ticket price will be interesting. As said above I think providing it stays restrictions free we will take 800-1000.

For me its a far more attractive fixture than Reading. I would rather we only took 800 to Reading and 2,500 to Leeds if Im honest.

It will be a miles better day out with a fantastic atmosphere.
RV Casual

Postby andy 189 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:38 pm

afternoon lads it's not just cardiff who has to pay those ticket prices leeds v cardiff a top game in my book it'll be a tough game..
andy 189

Postby erinsown » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:49 pm

There are a few going on the train I know. No restrictions no Woolley edge services. Cant wait.
erinsown

Postby RYANBLUE » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:15 pm

wouldn't give them a penny after the way they treat us over the years
RYANBLUE

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:04 pm

andy 189 wrote:afternoon lads it's not just cardiff who has to pay those ticket prices leeds v cardiff a top game in my book it'll be a tough game..

Exactly other teams take good numbers to Leeds
nubbsy

Postby aber blue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:30 pm

7 of us went up when it was boycotted. We had already booked hotel for 2 nights before it was going to be boycotted so still went. Cracking weekend up there. Had to sit in the home end for the game which was difficult especially as we won
aber blue

Postby Cityblues » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:01 pm

I can remember going to Elland Road with the City Annis in the 80s, when you were living in Bradford (I think), and you were behind the goal with the Leeds fans in your navy blue Sergio Tacchini tracksuit top. I think we lost the game 2-1 and if I'm correct Andy Crawford scored for us. Great times going away in them days :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Cityblues

Postby Blue_Barber » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:02 pm

I think Warnock will be fondly greeted by Leeds fans, I'm pretty sure I read once upon a time when he got appointed there that they were the one team he always wanted to manage.

Should be an interesting game - but I think culturely we've changed as a nation -we are far more family orientated socially these days, we work 24hr 7 days a week, everything seems more expensive and can always be spent elsewhere I genuinely think it's hard for the average person to juggle all that's expected of them. Football/Rugby/ Past times are unfortunately the biggest casualty in an increasingly stress induced world
Blue_Barber

Postby valleyrambill » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:32 pm

One of the worst stadiums iv visited to be honest I didnt like the way we were treated a few years ago and not keen to return.

Leeds supporters I have spoken too hate warnock and claim Cardiff will go down with warnock but I enjoyed telling them like most of us warnock just hates Leeds lol
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby nathansfmachine » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Will there be many supporter buses going to this one?
nathansfmachine

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:29 pm

nathansfmachine wrote:Will there be many supporter buses going to this one?

I would have thought this one would be popular with those who run independent coaches mate so yeah I would guess so, plus whatever the supporters club take :thumbup:
RV Casual

Return to General Chat