Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " Cardiff Are now In Talks and ready "

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Aberdeen Today confirm Cardiff's Hayes interest

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes has confirmed that Neil Warnock has contacted him to enquire about the availability of Jonny Hayes.

Hayes is with his team mates in Dubai on a mid-season training camp currently, and that is where McInnes spoke out about the Cardiff interest.

11/01/17 " UPDATED "

Aberdeen have knocked back claims they've rejected a Cardiff City bid for Jonny Hayes as the Bluebirds continue to chase the winger.

Still, it is known that Warnock is keen on Hayes.

By Chris Wathan

Wednesday 11th Jan 2017

Reports in Scotland claimed the Dons knocked back a £500,000 offer from Neil Warnock for the Irish flier.

UPDATED

Jonny Hayes: Cardiff target Aberdeen & Republic of Ireland winger

By Rob Phillips
BBC Wales football correspondent

10/01/17

Just been told he has had talks and is suppose to be due for a medical and Aberdeen fans gutted, rated highly :thumbright: :thumbright:

IMG_1676.JPG

Cardiff City are in talks with Aberdeen over the signing of Republic of Ireland international Jonny Hayes, HITC Sport understands.

The 29-year-old winger is in his fifth season at Pittodrie and is one of the key men in Derek McInnes's side, but the player is seemingly keen to try his luck back south of the border.

Dublin-born Hayes began his career with Reading before joining Leicester City. He enjoyed a number of loan stints before moving to Scotland in 2009 with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

A number of English sides are tracking him with Leeds United, Barnsley, Wigan, Rotherham and Burton all keen on him, but HITC Sport understands that Cardiff are firmly in pole position.

The Bluebirds have been interested in Hayes since last summer and now they are close to finalising a deal for him. He could even be signed before the weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff Are a now In Talks

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Nice pic but which one is he Norm? :lol:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Little fella in red :D

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Nice pic but which one is he Norm? :lol:

You disappoint me Sneg. I thought you'd know Aberdeen play in red. :lol:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Do you know what colour Aberdeen play in? :lol:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm

norms76 wrote:

OOOOOOOH,if he's red he's just the lad for us. :lol: :lol:

Norm,QOTS are my fav scottish team(after city always look for their result)but for the life of me I couldn't tell you what colour they played in. :oops: :lol:

Re: Cardiff Are now In Talks

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm

it's not the one in blue. We don't sign players who try to block crosses. ;)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
norms76 wrote:

OOOOOOOH,if he's red he's just the lad for us. :lol: :lol:

Norm,QOTS are my fav scottish team(after city always look for their result)but for the life of me I couldn't tell you what colour they played in. :oops: :lol:

They play in Blue mate. :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Norms,Just been told he has had talks and is suppose to be due for a medical and Aberdeen fans gutted, rated highly :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Norms,Just been told he has had talks and is suppose to be due for a medical and Aberdeen fans gutted, rated highly :thumbright: :thumbright:

Let's hope so Annis, we could do with some fresh faces and new options. Pace is what's missing & this fella has it to burn apparently. :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:02 pm

castleblue wrote:it's not the one in blue. We don't sign players who try to block crosses. ;)

Never going to forgive Bennett are you lol

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Norms,Just been told he has had talks and is suppose to be due for a medical and Aberdeen fans gutted, rated highly :thumbright: :thumbright:

If this lad signs who'll be out the door. No one I can think of. :lol:

Re: UPDATED " Cardiff Are now In Talks and ready "

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Hopefully he can be a another Chris Burke we alawys been lucky with finding gems from Scotland hopefully that will continue. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:11 pm

norms76 wrote:

Let's hope so Annis, we could do with some fresh faces and new options. Pace is what's missing & this fella has it to burn apparently. :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Norms,just had Aberdeen fans texting me, rated very highly :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm

He will be 30 by the time next season comes around, how many decent 30 year old wingers do you know? I'm sure there is also a very good reason why at 30 he is still playing in the SPL, which incidentally has been described on here as anything between Mickey Mouse and the Evo Stick Premier with players at the level of Accrington Stanley.

I understood the Halford signing as he wanted a utility player but why give him a contract till the end of 2018, why not just the end of the season?

If Warnock doesn't stay beyond the season (He will be 69 in Decemeber) we will be stuck with these ageing also rans and paying them off, nothings changed, nothing's been learned.

We should be buying players to help us stay up AND take us forward, not impressed in the slightest.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

If this lad signs who'll be out the door. No one I can think of. :lol:

Craig Noone?

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:16 pm

RV Casual wrote:He will be 30 by the time next season comes around, how many decent 30 year old wingers do you know? I'm sure there is also a very good reason why at 30 he is still playing in the SPL, which incidentally has been described on here as anything between Mickey Mouse and the Evo Stick Premier with players at the level of Accrington Stanley.

I understood the Halford signing as he wanted a utility player but why give him a contract till the end of 2018, why not just the end of the season?

If Warnock doesn't stay beyond the season (He will be 69 in Decemeber) we will be stuck with these ageing also rans and paying them off, nothings changed, nothing's been learned.

We should be buying players to help us stay up AND take us forward, not impressed in the slightest.

Ageist!

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
RV Casual wrote:He will be 30 by the time next season comes around, how many decent 30 year old wingers do you know? I'm sure there is also a very good reason why at 30 he is still playing in the SPL, which incidentally has been described on here as anything between Mickey Mouse and the Evo Stick Premier with players at the level of Accrington Stanley.

Ageist!

And proud :thumbup:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:24 pm

Apparently he's lightening quick and gets a goal and is one of their best players so let's see what he's like,fee being mentioned is around 750k so not a massive gamble

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Reza wrote:Apparently he's lightening quick and gets a goal and is one of their best players so let's see what he's like,fee being mentioned is around 750k so not a massive gamble

Correct, We should all give every new player a chance and this one comes highly recommend by Aberdeen fans :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Reza wrote:Apparently he's lightening quick and gets a goal and is one of their best players so let's see what he's like,fee being mentioned is around 750k so not a massive gamble

Correct, We should all give every new player a chance and this one comes highly recommend by Aberdeen fans :thumbright: :bluebird:

I agree. I will give him a chance but I can still be underwhelmed by it, I'v not said anything that isnt true.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm

You are far too sensible for this message board, please leave immediately.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 pm

nubbsy wrote:
castleblue wrote:it's not the one in blue. We don't sign players who try to block crosses. ;)

Never going to forgive Bennett are you lol

:lol: :lol: No not just Bennett it's seems like years since we had a FB who would put everything into blocking a cross. In that respect Declan John is no better as he cost us the first goal away at Burton by not bothering even attempting to block the cross from which they scored. Mind you Bennetts halfhearted effort away at Brentford when they scored their 2nd was another. Fabio would have a good go and was probably the best in the last season or two.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 pm

You make some good points but I prefer to give players a chance before eventually slating them :lol:

There is always a problem with managers signing players who then become unwanted if that manager is moved on. It is a problem which doesn't seem to have an easy solution as players will generally not sign in the first place unless given at least 3 year contracts.

I hope the club sticks with NW for the short to medium term whilst the club is revamped but long term I hope we start thinking about a manager who can work with what they have got instead of having to import ready made players all the time at huge expense. Bellamy might be that in a few years time, you never know.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:06 pm

An Aberdeen journo has said he isn't in talks with us and he's travelling to dubai tomorrow with Aberdeen for a winter training camp. Name is Chris harvey on twitter. Not sure how true it is mind.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Not impressed at all with this signing.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

You make some good points but I prefer to give players a chance before eventually slating them :lol:

There is always a problem with managers signing players who then become unwanted if that manager is moved on. It is a problem which doesn't seem to have an easy solution as players will generally not sign in the first place unless given at least 3 year contracts.

I hope the club sticks with NW for the short to medium term whilst the club is revamped but long term I hope we start thinking about a manager who can work with what they have got instead of having to import ready made players all the time at huge expense. Bellamy might be that in a few years time, you never know.

Just for the record I havnt slated him either Tone.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Dahboy wrote:Not impressed at all with this signing.

There's a shock. :lol:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:38 pm

norms76 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:Not impressed at all with this signing.

There's a shock. :lol:

You never are

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Heard good things about him, just what we need whatever his age. :thumbup: