Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ONE OF CARDIFF CITY MAIN PLAYERS LEAVES "

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Jules wrote:
polo wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Jules wrote:why haven't we done the same to the likes of ALF then?

Mutual consent gives it away
Alf is a greedy little f..k face
No way would he rip up his contract with us ,he would never mutually consent ,he's defo what's wrong with the modern day footballer ,the sooner his contract is up the better ,not long now so it's getting near the point where a lower longer deal with another club will be better for him ,but I won't hold my breath

How is he greedy you stupid old fool? its his job and livliehood. Why should he rip up his contract just to suit his employer?

No doubt Immers has been given a golden handshake like the rest of the players we had to pay-off to get off the wage bill and probably has something already lined up.

why resort to insults? As you say job and livelihood !! must be nice getting that type of money to not even try at your chosen profession.

Thanks jules but I don't bite to likes of polo any more
Makes me laugh when people comments things like its Thier livelihood etc the guy is a multi millionaire ffs and it's my oppinion he is a greedy f..k face face with the morales of an alley cat

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:03 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Best for both parties, good luck to him.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Jules wrote:
polo wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

No way would he rip up his contract with us ,he would never mutually consent ,he's defo what's wrong with the modern day footballer ,the sooner his contract is up the better ,not long now so it's getting near the point where a lower longer deal with another club will be better for him ,but I won't hold my breath

How is he greedy you stupid old fool? its his job and livliehood. Why should he rip up his contract just to suit his employer?

No doubt Immers has been given a golden handshake like the rest of the players we had to pay-off to get off the wage bill and probably has something already lined up.

why resort to insults? As you say job and livelihood !! must be nice getting that type of money to not even try at your chosen profession.

Well that's his good fortune. Footballers have short careers and should make hay whilst the sun shines.

If you were good enough to choose football as your career and got paid a million pound a year like ALF I bet you wouldn't rip up your contract just because a club didn't want you anymore. No one in their right mind would.

Immers wouldn't have ripped it up unless it was financially viable for him either.

Re: " CITY PLAYER LEAVES AFTER JUST PAYING £2MILL "

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:23 pm

There's no way tan gave Slade or Trollope 2m for lex,we don't even know if he's been paid up or what the agreement was,doesn't necessarily mean he's been paid up in full

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Hopefully we only paid a percentage of the £2 million due to the amount of appearances he's made since becoming a permanent signing. Think he cares more about darts tbh. Good luck Lex you started well but fizzled out, shame but he should've tried harder like Kenny Z.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:59 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Jules wrote:
polo wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Thanks jules but I don't bite to likes of polo any more
Makes me laugh when people comments things like its Thier livelihood etc the guy is a multi millionaire ffs and it's my oppinion he is a greedy f..k face face with the morales of an alley cat

our club went to Reading wanting to sign their player agreed a fee then agreed personal terms with ALF as we do with all players. ok it hasnt worked out but for the games he played for us i felt he tried,and seems to have been willing to go out on loan ,how this translates to. greedy f**k face with the morals of an alley cat beats me.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Media Wales reported £2mill and virtually saying the club had said it st the time.

And these reported £1.7mill

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist ... 482178#ath

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Reza wrote:There's no way tan gave Slade or Trollope 2m for lex,we don't even know if he's been paid up or what the agreement was,doesn't necessarily mean he's been paid up in full

I said at the time they never, but got shot down for it.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 pm

we never paid 2 million for him it might have got to 2 million with promotions and appearances that is all the deals now like us with Marshall and all other deals . Sounds to me Immers wanted to leave and I am sure Warnock made sure the club will benefit from it

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:So CITY once again make another big loss on a player and this time £2mill and who is responsible now?

Who will everyone blame now?

I am not sure we will ever learn under the present so called professional committe ???

I think the 2 million is bullshit

Wez I'm with you on this
Firstly it says he signed on a 2 million deal ,this could quite easily include his wages that were near
to a million pound ,plus the fee could have been made up of appearances etc

Ok Steve, What ever way you disguise it, honestly now has it been good business yes or no ?

Firstly it's not as bad as you try to portray it
Secondly when we signed him this board was well in favour including you
And yes I believe letting him go is good business as he is not in warnocks plans

Yes I was more than pleased to sign him,I thought he was on a free and they wanted rid, then the media and incl posters on here said CITY HAD paid £2mill incl photos of our CEO with Immers and a a £2mill price tag was on him and it was stated the total cost was £2mill, so if true once again dreadful business.

Annis

My understanding of the true position is that the total cost of the Lex Immers transfer was just under £2m but that included his basic salary, excluding appearance money, goal bonuses etc. less than a quarter of that total was an actual transfer fee. The club will therefore have made only a small loss on the player and will be saving a lot of his future wages costs against that loss.

The club has a recent history for several years of generally making a net profit each season on player transfers. The big exception was 2013/14 when a loss of £5m was made ( mainly the Cornelius loss which was down to Malky and Simon Lim) but this was more than covered by a £9m profit in 2014/15. I haven't seen them yet but the 2015/16 accounts will almost certainly show a further profit as it will include the £3m profit made on Joe Mason. 2016/17 should also show a profit with the inclusion of the profit made on David Marshall.

For all the footballing mistakes the club may have made ( and it has made several) it is not true to suggest that making consistent losses on player sales is one of them.

Keith

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:So CITY once again make another big loss on a player and this time £2mill and who is responsible now?

I am not sure we will ever learn under the present so called professional committe ???

Wez I'm with you on this
Firstly it says he signed on a 2 million deal ,this could quite easily include his wages that were near

Ok Steve, What ever way you disguise it, honestly now has it been good business yes or no ?

And yes I believe letting him go is good business as he is not in warnocks plans

Yes I was more than pleased to sign him,I thought he was on a free and they wanted rid, then the media and incl posters on here said CITY HAD paid £2mill incl photos of our CEO with Immers and a a £2mill price tag was on him and it was stated the total cost was £2mill, so if true once again dreadful business.

Annis

My understanding of the true position is that the total cost of the Lex Immers transfer was just under £2m but that included his basic salary, excluding appearance money, goal bonuses etc. less than a quarter of that total was an actual transfer fee. The club will therefore have made only a small loss on the player and will be saving a lot of his future wages costs against that loss.

The club has a recent history for several years of generally making a net profit each season on player transfers. The big exception was 2013/14 when a loss of £5m was made ( mainly the Cornelius loss which was down to Malky and Simon Lim) but this was more than covered by a £9m profit in 2014/15. I haven't seen them yet but the 2015/16 accounts will almost certainly show a further profit as it will include the £3m profit made on Joe Mason. 2016/17 should also show a profit with the inclusion of the profit made on David Marshall.

For all the footballing mistakes the club may have made ( and it has made several) it is not true to suggest that making consistent losses on player sales is one of them.

Keith

Too sensible this post where do some of the constant club bashers go from here oh yessss let's blame the rebrand :lol: :lol: time to change the headline :lol:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Annis

Keith

It's not just transfer fees though is it. What about all the golden handshakes to get players off the books? Paying players contracts up? Recent history of signing players and wasting wages on players who can't even get in the squad?

Cala, Kim, Guerra, Burgstaller, Le Fondre, the Norwegians, Doyle, O Keefe, Immers, Saadi, Fred, Huws, Amos, etc etc

I appreciate not every transfer is a success but nearly every player signed last summer is surplus to requirements already and most of those mentioned were surplus to requirements within weeks / months of signing!!!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:26 pm

polo wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Annis

Keith

It's not just transfer fees though is it. What about all the golden handshakes to get players off the books? Paying players contracts up? Recent history of signing players and wasting wages on players who can't even get in the squad?

Cala, Kim, Guerra, Burgstaller, Le Fondre, the Norwegians, Doyle, O Keefe, Immers, Saadi, Fred, Huws, Amos, etc etc

I appreciate not every transfer is a success but nearly every player signed last summer is surplus to requirements already and most of those mentioned where surplus to requirements within weeks / months of signing!!!

:lol: Comedy Peter polo

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Tamas :lol: How could I forget Tamas.:lol:

Pissing money down the drain on wages but hey we made a small profit on transfer fees :lol:

Shame FFP takes into account wages eh :roll:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Digicoi, Adeymi, Macheda, Le Fondre the list goes on.

I don't know how anyone can argue that we haven't been wasteful and incompetent in the transfer market in the last few years and don't seem to be learning from our mistakes if the signings in the summer are anything to go by.
Last edited by polo on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 pm

polo wrote:Tamas :lol: How could I forget Tamas.:lol:

Pissing money down the drain on wages but hey we made a small profit on transfer fees :lol:

Shame FFP takes into account wages eh :roll:

:lol:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:59 pm

polo wrote:Digicoi, Adeymi, Macheda, Le Fondre the list goes on.

I don't know how anyone can argue that we haven't been wasteful and incompetent in the transfer market in the last few years and don't seem to be learning from our mistakes if the signings in the summer are anything to go by.

Chris, We have not learnt at all and the facts are there, yet the same people still defend the so called transfer committee and Tans dealings, everybody else is blamed 7 managers, 6 CEO'S, yet it had never stopped our pathetic,costly transfer football dealings and we have got in this mess through them.

The list of transfer losses in the last 7 years are countless and they are still happening.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:08 pm

polo wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Annis

Keith

I appreciate not every transfer is a success but nearly every player signed last summer is surplus to requirements already and most of those mentioned were surplus to requirements within weeks / months of signing!!!

The club has overpaid wages, and also agents fees. Part of the argument for doing so ( which I understand but don't fully agree with) is that this was more than covered by savings in the related transfer fees paid.To get a player in on a free transfer, for instance, usually means the player can demand higher wages and his agent wants a bigger commission for setting up the deal

Paying over the odds in wages to bring players to the club is far from new. Sam did it with Graham Kavanagh and Peter Thorne big style for instance ( composed in " magic hat's" case by cocking up the goals bonus clause in his contract). And Peter Ridsdale was not immune from making unnecessary payments to agents for " dubious" services. And remember a certain Northern Ireland international left back signed from Plymouth on wages three times what his agent was asking for?

As I have said before, the current regime have made transfer mistakes caused by their lack of football knowledge and that of senior staff they employed. But some posters on here seem a little too willing to overlook similar mistakes and dubious deals done by the previous owners over a number of years.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Since1962 wrote:
polo wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Annis

Keith

The club has overpaid wages, and also agents fees. Part of the argument for doing so ( which I understand but don't fully agree with) is that this was more than covered by savings in the related transfer fees paid.To get a player in on a free transfer, for instance, usually means the player can demand higher wages and his agent wants a bigger commission for setting up the deal

Paying over the odds in wages to bring players to the club is far from new. Sam did it with Graham Kavanagh and Peter Thorne big style for instance ( composed in " magic hat's" case by cocking up the goals bonus clause in his contract). And Peter Ridsdale was not immune from making unnecessary payments to agents for " dubious" services. And remember a certain Northern Ireland international left back signed from Plymouth on wages three times what his agent was asking for?

As I have said before, the current regime have made transfer mistakes caused by their lack of football knowledge and that of senior staff they employed. But some posters on here seem a little too willing to overlook similar mistakes and dubious deals done by the previous owners over a number of years.

the humongous difference of course is kav and thorne were nailed on 1st team players.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:22 am

dogfound wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
polo wrote:
Since1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Annis

Keith

the humongous difference of course is kav and thorne were nailed on 1st team players.

And Gavin Gordon ? Nguni Nsungu, Alan Lee, £1.5m record signing and he was shite. David Hughes £400k when we were division 4, I could go on...logic states on average half of all signings are flops. There's nothing new there. In fairness we all wanted Immers and £500k fee wasn't bad. If he was going to cost £1.5m over 3 seasons in wages then that's not bad either in comparison to previous deals.

Remember this ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... ent=safari

As for the fee, then I'd believe Keith, a football finance expert over any of the press or web sites who are mostly just copying and pasting each other's info.

Good business to buy him, in hindsight, no, but if he's not going to feature let's save the other £1.5m and put it into something else.

Hope more fringe players go.

One thing I am confident of is that the waste ends with Warnock

Re: Immers!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am

Blue_Barber wrote:
polo wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:Lots of speculation above - how do we know the make up of the transfer fee? He wasn't blowing Holland away in performances he did well here then didn't turn up - I'd guess that the £2m "paid" was made up of all sorts of clauses and disguised as £2m in an attempt to hoodwink us into thinking we'd actually spent money during the summer transfer window.

We probably haven't forked out a lot for him in order for us to let him leave for nothing 6 months down the line.

I agree the biggest saving is wages - if he's on £7-10k a week plus a potential £12k saved whittling down the u23s then there is the smart move - if we can then reinvest £20k a week in 4 decent signings we've done good business

20k a week on 4 decent signings? at 5k a week?

How much do you think decent championship/up and coming players are on?? You'd be looking at around 4-6 teams who can afford to throw £10k plus for every player in their first team in the championship- and as City is being run as a business model they are sure as hell going to get as much out of there £ as they can. Look at the signings made to date in Jan they're not going to be on big money - Chamakh was probably on a bonus structured pay grade, as well as Richardson. It's not quite simply made up of black and white this is your weekly pay. There's all sorts of clauses and add ons. How do you think they get around fining players?? It's built into there contracts not plucked from the sky

Pretty pointless trying to explain the in's and out's of contracts to Polo he has displayed his lack of understanding several times in the Peter Whittingham debate. It is amazing how he is now moaning about the club wasting money when previously he was calling for them to throw money at PW :lol:

His justification will probably be another hypothetical situation where he expects the club to second guess every possible outcome.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:56 am

so. Alan Lee who was a first team regular for 2 seasons {shite.but not in the eyes of our actual football experts at the time }and hughes who retired due to injury are comparable to all those listed?
btw it want me that tried to make a point by throwing kav and thorne in, i just stated the bleedingly obvious.
or me that made the transfer fee profit point when everyone and his dog knows that a large proportion of players we sign have run contracts down and therefore can demand huge signing on fees which do not show up as transfer fees.

Re: Immers!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:02 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:
polo wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:Lots of speculation above - how do we know the make up of the transfer fee? He wasn't blowing Holland away in performances he did well here then didn't turn up - I'd guess that the £2m "paid" was made up of all sorts of clauses and disguised as £2m in an attempt to hoodwink us into thinking we'd actually spent money during the summer transfer window.

We probably haven't forked out a lot for him in order for us to let him leave for nothing 6 months down the line.

I agree the biggest saving is wages - if he's on £7-10k a week plus a potential £12k saved whittling down the u23s then there is the smart move - if we can then reinvest £20k a week in 4 decent signings we've done good business

20k a week on 4 decent signings? at 5k a week?

How much do you think decent championship/up and coming players are on?? You'd be looking at around 4-6 teams who can afford to throw £10k plus for every player in their first team in the championship- and as City is being run as a business model they are sure as hell going to get as much out of there £ as they can. Look at the signings made to date in Jan they're not going to be on big money - Chamakh was probably on a bonus structured pay grade, as well as Richardson. It's not quite simply made up of black and white this is your weekly pay. There's all sorts of clauses and add ons. How do you think they get around fining players?? It's built into there contracts not plucked from the sky

Pretty pointless trying to explain the in's and out's of contracts to Polo he has displayed his lack of understanding several times in the Peter Whittingham debate. It is amazing how he is now moaning about the club wasting money when previously he was calling for them to throw money at PW :lol:

His justification will probably be another hypothetical situation where he expects the club to second guess every possible outcome.

whittingham actually plays mate.lex allegedly gets 1.5 mill over 2 years, and the anti whitts brigade think a 1st team player should get only a third of that.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:09 am

You're wasting your time DF the clown thinks it's common practice and generally accepted in all football clubs that players over will have clauses for assists put in their contracts :lol:

I was telling an ex pro footballer mate of mine about some of the beauts on here and he said all clubs have got them but he did chuckle at that one. :lol:

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 am

dogfound wrote:so. Alan Lee who was a first team regular for 2 seasons {shite.but not in the eyes of our actual football experts at the time }and hughes who retired due to injury are comparable to all those listed?
btw it want me that tried to make a point by throwing kav and thorne in, i just stated the bleedingly obvious.
or me that made the transfer fee profit point when everyone and his dog knows that a large proportion of players we sign have run contracts down and therefore can demand huge signing on fees which do not show up as transfer fees.

Lee was only a 1st teamer because all the money had been wasted on him- and Andy Campbell come to think of it around the same time so there was nothing left to replace them with.
We were absolutely shite and had thrown away tens of millions to get there.

So the current situation is nothing new.

Luckily we now have a pragmatic experienced football man in charge.
So let's hope he can turn it around as we've one season left of parachute money and that could be our last chance of challenging for a long time

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:35 am

Lawnmower wrote:
dogfound wrote:so. Alan Lee who was a first team regular for 2 seasons {shite.but not in the eyes of our actual football experts at the time }and hughes who retired due to injury are comparable to all those listed?

Lee was only a 1st teamer because all the money had been wasted on him- and Andy Campbell come to think of it around the same time so there was nothing left to replace them with.

So let's hope he can turn it around as we've one season left of parachute money and that could be our last chance of challenging for a long time

you must be a young one. just been promoted for 1st time in eons and NOT deep in a relegation battle. shit?. those that had been regulars were over the frigging moon.i know i was.
which btw has zero to do with now, or immers or golden handshakes

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:40 am

polo wrote:You're wasting your time DF the clown thinks it's common practice and generally accepted in all football clubs that players over will have clauses for assists put in their contracts :lol:

I was telling an ex pro footballer mate of mine about some of the beauts on here and he said all clubs have got them but he did chuckle at that one. :lol:

gets worse. almost 20 years in lower leagues ,get promotion to 2nd tier and its shit?
you cant make this up
and lee was a 1st teamer because he was all we could afford. think that covers every footballer in the world bar half a dozen?

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 am

dogfound wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

you must be a young one. just been promoted for 1st time in eons and NOT deep in a relegation battle. shit?. those that had been regulars were over the frigging moon.i know i was.

No.
I've been going 35 years.

I can remember my mate shouting at Jones to make a change when we were struggling to score and Jones just looked accross at Lee and looked back at my mate and shrugged his shoulders.

For all the money we spent we should have done better than finish in the bottom half of the table first 2 seasons back.
Don't forget we already had Earnie, Kev, Thorne, Gabbidon, Collins, 5 players who would walk into any side at this level.

Spending big money on a striker who scored 10 in 86 didn't help.

So the point is, signings are a gamble. There's nothing new about them going wrong.

Remember the million we spent on Andy Campbell after he'd been brilliant on loan. We were L1 then. Teams around us weren't able to compete. Yet he left for nothing after 7 goals in 73 games and didn't score another league goal again.

Same happens at other clubs too.

That's football

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:09 am

dogfound wrote:
polo wrote:You're wasting your time DF the clown thinks it's common practice and generally accepted in all football clubs that players over will have clauses for assists put in their contracts :lol:

gets worse. almost 20 years in lower leagues ,get promotion to 2nd tier and its shit?
you cant make this up
and lee was a 1st teamer because he was all we could afford. think that covers every footballer in the world bar half a dozen?

Think you are getting Polos reply about another poster mixed up with your conversation with me.

Lee by the way was all we could afford BECAUSE we'd wasted so much money on him and had nothing left to replace him with.
You even agreed he was shit.

Plus, we WERE shit for what we had spent.
We should have been top 6, but had wasted it on Lee, Campbell, Langley, Inanoto, Weston, Bullock, Croft, Boulding, Harris, Kiskela etc..

This then meant we were skint and had to bring in the likes of Ndumbu Nsunga, Darlington, Ferretti, Whitely etc.. whilst Jones tried to keep us up ( thanks to Koufax on loan mainly).

No comparison to the real dark days, but we'd spent like fools to get there and we've been paying the price in one form or other since.

Don't get me wrong, I've been there every minute and it's been amazing, but to make out it's only been since Tan has been here that we've made mistakes with transfers is nonsense

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:26 am

Lawnmower wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

No.
I've been going 35 years.

I can remember my mate shouting at Jones to make a change when we were struggling to score and Jones just looked accross at Lee and looked back at my mate and shrugged his shoulders.

For all the money we spent we should have done better than finish in the bottom half of the table first 2 seasons back.
Don't forget we already had Earnie, Kev, Thorne, Gabbidon, Collins, 5 players who would walk into any side at this level.

Spending big money on a striker who scored 10 in 86 didn't help.

So the point is, signings are a gamble. There's nothing new about them going wrong.

Remember the million we spent on Andy Campbell after he'd been brilliant on loan. We were L1 then. Teams around us weren't able to compete. Yet he left for nothing after 7 goals in 73 games and didn't score another league goal again.

Same happens at other clubs too.

That's football

most pple i spoke to were pleased with the progress,the team sounds impressive now but you have to remember that ,collins and earnie were kids and kav and thorne were big name signings in a league lower.and neither did much after leaving.
Lee btw left for Ipswich {a decent club} 100k with a year left on contract which is a 100k more than the 20 or so polo named combined.so wasnt nearly as poor as you make out.
the point is not that transfers are a gamble. the point is can you name any other club thats cancelled this many contracts in such a short period.this club certainly has never before .