Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ONE OF CARDIFF CITY MAIN PLAYERS LEAVES "

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:So CITY once again make another big loss on a player and this time £2mill and who is responsible now?

Who will everyone blame now?

I am not sure we will ever learn under the present so called professional committe ???

I think the 2 million is bullshit

I thought that at the time Wez and said it,but Wales on line put it out and work with our club, weird why they stated that as they work with the club?

Wales on line have got loads of fees wrong in the past I would take the 2 million figure with a pinch of salt ,I remember them saying we paid 5 million for Manga and choo came out and said we paid a lot less

Re: " CITY PLAYER LEAVES AFTER JUST PAYING £2MILL "

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Ditto -

They work with all the league clubs - there job is less about fact and more about fantasy and tryingbto inflate the stories so we read them

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:So CITY once again make another big loss on a player and this time £2mill and who is responsible now?

I am not sure we will ever learn under the present so called professional committe ???

Comical Wez is off. Dont tell me Wez, we didnt pay up the contracts of Guerra, Cala, KIm.etc either :lol:

Face facts Wez its another signing in the long list of making a big loss category.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:25 pm

How much could they have knocked off a season ticket next season or shop discount if we sold him. 2 mill down the drain?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:29 pm

What ever the truth is, once again we are not learning and we've done bad business, we honestly don't seem to learn???

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Looks like Celtic are sniffing around him now

Re: Immers!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:45 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
polo wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Looks like the the club might be doing the right thing by the player and helping with his personal life.

Plus they benefit from a wage saving on a player that doesn't fit in Warnocks plan.

Do me a favour Wayne!

Its another in a long list of signings where we have just thrown good money down the drain.

So would you rather we kept him on our books for the rest of his contract ? Also, niot many would have argued against signing him based on last year's form, it just hasn't happened for his this season.

As previously said, good decision for club and player.

I don't think he's saying just let him rot and pay his wages. It's just obviously bad business by the club and again showing no continuity or forward thinking in the transfer department.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:54 pm

How did you decide that city paid £2M for him, my understanding was that it was an undisclosed fee, and the likelihood was that it would have been around £500K at most given his age and previous track record. :old:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 pm

No way was the fee £2 million that's complete garbage.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 pm

They prob said to him will you take 50k to canc your contract and he said "ok"

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:22 pm

I am not impressed by Immers and find it no coincidence that his form dipped on e he signed a lucrative contract. Call me cynical but c'mon...........

Allegedly there were several clubs in for him after impressing last season on loan.

I can only assume those clubs were approached to offer him but they declined.

I also assume that the release will be on the basis that City stop paying him once he gets a new club.

In general it seems to be that if you have the ability to kick a round leather of wind with some degree of competence, you can stand to make a lot of money in a short space of time, and never have to worry about paying the lekky bill in the future.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 pm

:clap: :clap: £2M :clap: :clap:

Whoever made that up fair play

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this
Firstly it says he signed on a 2 million deal ,this could quite easily include his wages that were near
to a million pound ,plus the fee could have been made up of appearances etc

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this
Firstly it says he signed on a 2 million deal ,this could quite easily include his wages that were near

Not like the normal club bashers to jump on a made up figure from Wales on line Peter polo is the worst :lol:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Ok Steve, What ever way you disguise it, honestly now has it been good business yes or no ?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Jules wrote:why haven't we done the same to the likes of ALF then?

Mutual consent gives it away
Alf is a greedy little f..k face
No way would he rip up his contract with us ,he would never mutually consent ,he's defo what's wrong with the modern day footballer ,the sooner his contract is up the better ,not long now so it's getting near the point where a lower longer deal with another club will be better for him ,but I won't hold my breath

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:21 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

No way would he rip up his contract with us ,he would never mutually consent ,he's defo what's wrong with the modern day footballer ,the sooner his contract is up the better ,not long now so it's getting near the point where a lower longer deal with another club will be better for him ,but I won't hold my breath

Do you think Warnock the football whisperer could refined his form??

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Do you think Warnock the football whisperer could refined his form??

f**k him and his form, sooner he gone either way is good.

As for Immers £2m,c;mon Annis even you don't believe that surely but heyho yet another chance for you and the followers to bash the club.

people want depts. cleared but moan when wages are slashed or would you have just let him collect his wad every month?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:48 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

I recall the day when the players were on the same sort of wages as most of the adult fans in the crowd.

If I was a young lad now looking for a sport to follow, football would be way down the list. Full of greed and no loyalty.

Re: Immers!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
polo wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:Lots of speculation above - how do we know the make up of the transfer fee? He wasn't blowing Holland away in performances he did well here then didn't turn up - I'd guess that the £2m "paid" was made up of all sorts of clauses and disguised as £2m in an attempt to hoodwink us into thinking we'd actually spent money during the summer transfer window.

We probably haven't forked out a lot for him in order for us to let him leave for nothing 6 months down the line.

I agree the biggest saving is wages - if he's on £7-10k a week plus a potential £12k saved whittling down the u23s then there is the smart move - if we can then reinvest £20k a week in 4 decent signings we've done good business

20k a week on 4 decent signings? at 5k a week?

How much do you think decent championship/up and coming players are on?? You'd be looking at around 4-6 teams who can afford to throw £10k plus for every player in their first team in the championship- and as City is being run as a business model they are sure as hell going to get as much out of there £ as they can. Look at the signings made to date in Jan they're not going to be on big money - Chamakh was probably on a bonus structured pay grade, as well as Richardson. It's not quite simply made up of black and white this is your weekly pay. There's all sorts of clauses and add ons. How do you think they get around fining players?? It's built into there contracts not plucked from the sky

and as city is being run as a business model.{ richards,lambert,huws,immers,amos }they are sure as hell going to get as much out of there £ as they can.
you cant make it up.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:24 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

How is he greedy you stupid old fool? its his job and livliehood. Why should he rip up his contract just to suit his employer?

No doubt Immers has been given a golden handshake like the rest of the players we had to pay-off to get off the wage bill and probably has something already lined up.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Just can't believe our fans. No one actually knows what the transfer fee was but as I believe he was starting the last year of his contract I doubt his transfer fee would have been 2million. Warnock has stated himself that he's one of the top earners but isn't in his plans so needed to be got rid off to free up those wages. I'm sure if the club had said no we want a fee, put him up for sale, no one wanted him and Warnock couldn't sign no one then the same people moaning about them getting rid of him without a fee would have been moaning about them not backing Warnock.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:58 pm

barriboy wrote:Just can't believe our fans. No one actually knows what the transfer fee was but as I believe he was starting the last year of his contract I doubt his transfer fee would have been 2million. Warnock has stated himself that he's one of the top earners but isn't in his plans so needed to be got rid off to free up those wages. I'm sure if the club had said no we want a fee, put him up for sale, no one wanted him and Warnock couldn't sign no one then the same people moaning about them getting rid of him without a fee would have been moaning about them not backing Warnock.

the 2 million was probably the total of transfer fee and 2 year contract. agree with your views if it wasnt for the fact it now seems a regular thing here.it doesnt encourage players to buckle down and try harder if they know the club will offer them an easy out and in some cases a golden handshake.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:05 pm

polo wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

How is he greedy you stupid old fool? its his job and livliehood. Why should he rip up his contract just to suit his employer?

No doubt Immers has been given a golden handshake like the rest of the players we had to pay-off to get off the wage bill and probably has something already lined up.

why resort to insults? As you say job and livelihood !! must be nice getting that type of money to not even try at your chosen profession.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Jules wrote:
polo wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

why resort to insults? As you say job and livelihood !! must be nice getting that type of money to not even try at your chosen profession.

oh come on. ALF might not be our best signing,but to suggest he doesnt try is rediculous. or to suggest he should rip up his contract,nobody would have suggested the club rip up rambos contract when boot was on other foot

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:20 pm

None of Lex Immers transfer fees have been disclosed - from Den Haag to Feyenoord and Feyenoord to Cardiff, but that doesn't stop various transfer sites and media and blogs making them up.

As far as i can see Immers was out of contract with Feyenoord in summer 2016 and the only reason Cardiff negotiated with them to sign him was because there were other Championship clubs (and Rangers) sniffing around. We signed him a few weeks before he became a free agent, and as soon as possible after the embargo was lifted. There is no way Cardiff paid £2m.

However, there is no doubt it turned out to be a bad signing with his loss of form compared to his loan spell - and a waste of wages, even if any fee was small.

Edit - I see another thread is saying he had a year left on his Feyenoord contract - not shown on any of the profiles I have looked at (signed 2012 with 2 year loan deal from Den Haag extended to a full 4 year contract). If true there may have been some value - but never £2m.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Ok Steve, What ever way you disguise it, honestly now has it been good business yes or no ?

Firstly it's not as bad as you try to portray it
Secondly when we signed him this board was well in favour including you
And yes I believe letting him go is good business as he is not in warnocks plans

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:45 pm

And even if it was not the greatest bit of business that's the way football is - it's a very imprecise science - always has been

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:47 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I'm with you on this

Firstly it's not as bad as you try to portray it
Secondly when we signed him this board was well in favour including you
And yes I believe letting him go is good business as he is not in warnocks plans

Yes I was more than pleased to sign him,I thought he was on a free and they wanted rid, then the media and incl posters on here said CITY HAD paid £2mill incl photos of our CEO with Immers and a a £2mill price tag was on him and it was stated the total cost was £2mill, so if true once again dreadful business.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:52 pm

But as I said above that's football - we've all seen players signed for virtually nothing go on to be excellent while expensive players turn out to be crap