" CITY PLAYER LEAVES AFTER JUST PAYING £2MILL "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bartley » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:58 am

Lex Immers has left the club by mutual consent. I'm a bit shocked by that, he hasn't been as good as last season but we could have at least got a fee!

UPDATED

Cardiff City paid £2million for Lex Immers less than 5 months ago and now we have just let him go for nothing.

Lex Immers: "Had a great time @CardiffCityFC Thanks to everybody in and around the club. Some things can change your life, i should always love this club"
Attachments
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG (80.7 KiB) Viewed 10169 times
Bartley

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Immers!

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Looks like the the club might be doing the right thing by the player and helping with his personal life.
Wayne S

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Looks like the the club might be doing the right thing by the player and helping with his personal life.

Plus they benefit from a wage saving on a player that doesn't fit in Warnocks plan.
Wayne S

Postby polo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Wayne S wrote:Looks like the the club might be doing the right thing by the player and helping with his personal life.

Plus they benefit from a wage saving on a player that doesn't fit in Warnocks plan.

Do me a favour Wayne!

Its another in a long list of signings where we have just thrown good money down the drain.
polo

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:16 pm

polo wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Looks like the the club might be doing the right thing by the player and helping with his personal life.

Do me a favour Wayne!

Its another in a long list of signings where we have just thrown good money down the drain.

So would you rather we kept him on our books for the rest of his contract ? Also, niot many would have argued against signing him based on last year's form, it just hasn't happened for his this season.

As previously said, good decision for club and player.
piledriver64

Postby Bartley » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 pm

would it harm us to keep him on the books for one more month while making him available to other clubs, if we don't get a fee then release him?
Bartley

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:26 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
polo wrote:

Do me a favour Wayne!

So would you rather we kept him on our books for the rest of his contract ? Also, niot many would have argued against signing him based on last year's form, it just hasn't happened for his this season.

How is it a good decision for the Club, if he wasn't wanted he should have been transfer listed and a fee sort, its terrible business and an awful decision.
RV Casual

Postby polo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:29 pm

RV Casual wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
polo wrote:

Do me a favour Wayne!

How is it a good decision for the Club, if he wasn't wanted he should have been transfer listed and a fee sort, its terrible business and an awful decision.

Exactly. As Bartley says above why not make him available and try and get some of our 2m back!!!
polo

Postby billy ronson » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Warnock tried playing him ( to get him in the shop window?) and he was taken off at half time!
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:35 pm

RV Casual wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
polo wrote:

Do me a favour Wayne!

But the transfer fee, if any, isn't the only thing to worry about.

I'd guess he was on about £12K per week, he has another 18+ months on his contract. If we couldn't get anyone to pay a fee for him (and why would they seeing as he's hardly played for 4 months ?) that contract would cost £864K, are you serioulosy saying that he would command even half that in a transfer fee ?

Sometimes clubs have to take the business option, this frees up a pretty good wage and will enable us to get another player in whilst working within FFP rules.

If we had turned down any offers, or there had been any interest in the player, then it would be a poor decision but Warnock has to free up money now to enable him to bring other players in, he can't gamble on waiting until the end of the window to get rid of players as it would be too late to get replacements in. It's perfectly sensible and pragmatic.
piledriver64

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Lots of speculation above - how do we know the make up of the transfer fee? He wasn't blowing Holland away in performances he did well here then didn't turn up - I'd guess that the £2m "paid" was made up of all sorts of clauses and disguised as £2m in an attempt to hoodwink us into thinking we'd actually spent money during the summer transfer window.

We probably haven't forked out a lot for him in order for us to let him leave for nothing 6 months down the line.

I agree the biggest saving is wages - if he's on £7-10k a week plus a potential £12k saved whittling down the u23s then there is the smart move - if we can then reinvest £20k a week in 4 decent signings we've done good business
Blue_Barber

Postby polo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Lots of speculation above - how do we know the make up of the transfer fee? He wasn't blowing Holland away in performances he did well here then didn't turn up - I'd guess that the £2m "paid" was made up of all sorts of clauses and disguised as £2m in an attempt to hoodwink us into thinking we'd actually spent money during the summer transfer window.

We probably haven't forked out a lot for him in order for us to let him leave for nothing 6 months down the line.

I agree the biggest saving is wages - if he's on £7-10k a week plus a potential £12k saved whittling down the u23s then there is the smart move - if we can then reinvest £20k a week in 4 decent signings we've done good business

20k a week on 4 decent signings? at 5k a week?
polo

Re: " ONE OF CARDIFF CITY MAIN PLAYERS LEAVES "

Postby LutonBluebird » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:48 pm

To inconsistent IMO, best of luck to him though :bluebird: :ayatollah:
WARNOCKS WARRIORS.
LutonBluebird

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Then loan him out for christ sake.. Shop window right there for the summer..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:49 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
polo wrote:

Do me a favour Wayne!

But the transfer fee, if any, isn't the only thing to worry about.

I'd guess he was on about £12K per week, he has another 18+ months on his contract. If we couldn't get anyone to pay a fee for him (and why would they seeing as he's hardly played for 4 months ?) that contract would cost £864K, are you serioulosy saying that he would command even half that in a transfer fee ?

Sometimes clubs have to take the business option, this frees up a pretty good wage and will enable us to get another player in whilst working within FFP rules.

If we had turned down any offers, or there had been any interest in the player, then it would be a poor decision but Warnock has to free up money now to enable him to bring other players in, he can't gamble on waiting until the end of the window to get rid of players as it would be too late to get replacements in. It's perfectly sensible and pragmatic.

If he wasn't wanted he should have been placed on the transfer list. It's as simple as that for me, if we couldn't get anything for him then the club could have looked to re-evaluate the situation in the summer.

In terms of instantly releasing players from their contracts, there is plenty of dead wood at that Club who they could release to free up wages whilst Immers for me was still an asset.

I do understand where your coming from but on this one we will just have to agree to disagree :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Best for both parties, good luck to him.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby bluemun » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:52 pm

According to Warnock, he's leaving 'to have a baby'. Must be a first for any footballer!
bluemun

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Cardiff City star Lex Immers leaves the club immediately as Warnock makes surprise announcement

He's left by mutual consent despite being one of Cardiff City's best players last season

Lex Immers has left the club

By Media Wales

Friday 6th January 2017

Cardiff City star Lex Immers has left the club immediately by mutual consent, manager Neil Warnock has revealed.

The surprise news comes after the Dutchman failed to establish himself under the new Bluebirds manager despite enjoying a terrific season last year.

Immers has featured in only three matches since Warnock took over in October after signing a £2m permanent deal in the summer following an initial loan spell from Feyenoord.

He scored five goals in 14 starts last season but has failed to find the net this term.

Warnock revealed the news at his press conference on Friday morning, saying: "Lex Immers has left the club by mutual agreement. He has not been in my plans since I've been here in fairness.

"He's got a lot on his plate, he's having a baby, so this suits both parties. It frees up a wage, he can go and enjoy himself for a time back home. We wish him well.

"There's been no trouble with him, he's just not been able to find the form he had when he first came. I'm just trying to thin it down, get a more sustainable squad.

"We'll see what happens in the next few weeks now. We've got the young lad and Greg in early doors and can have a look at the situation.

"I can’t really make it full my side in one window. "

Warnock revealed there was no update on the future of Bruno Manga, who is expected to leave in January and has now left the squad to go and play at the African Cup of Nations.

"I've not heard anything from Bruno’s agent," he said. "He’s just gone off, I wished him all the best. I hope he plays well and they lose every game! It's exciting for him."

Video thumbnail, The powerful Cardiff City reserve XI that could play in FA Cup
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:57 pm

polo wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Looks like the the club might be doing ..........

Plus they benefit from a wage saving ............

Do me a favour Wayne!

Do you mean money thrown down the drain as we are letting go someone we could sell or he was not worth buying in the first place?
Wayne S

Postby Jules » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:57 pm

why haven't we done the same to the likes of ALF then?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:00 pm

polo wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:Lots of speculation above - how do we know the make up of the transfer fee? He wasn't blowing Holland away in performances he did well here then didn't turn up - I'd guess that the £2m "paid" was made up of all sorts of clauses and disguised as £2m in an attempt to hoodwink us into thinking we'd actually spent money during the summer transfer window.

20k a week on 4 decent signings? at 5k a week?

How much do you think decent championship/up and coming players are on?? You'd be looking at around 4-6 teams who can afford to throw £10k plus for every player in their first team in the championship- and as City is being run as a business model they are sure as hell going to get as much out of there £ as they can. Look at the signings made to date in Jan they're not going to be on big money - Chamakh was probably on a bonus structured pay grade, as well as Richardson. It's not quite simply made up of black and white this is your weekly pay. There's all sorts of clauses and add ons. How do you think they get around fining players?? It's built into there contracts not plucked from the sky
Blue_Barber

Postby Wolfpac » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:01 pm

All the best Lexi boy, really liked your start last season and although you didn't show the same promise this season, you were still a bluebird to us faithful.

All the best with your new baby and i hope you find a club back in Holland :bluebird:
Wolfpac

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm

So CITY once again make another big loss on a player and this time £2mill and who is responsible now?

Who will everyone blame now?

I am not sure we will ever learn under the present so called professional committe ???

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Fergy1927 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 pm

How is he one of our main players by the way?
Fergy1927

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I would imagine he has had to forfeit some considerable sums relating to his contract to be allowed to leave on a free with immediate effect?
Bluebird For Life

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:How is he one of our main players by the way?

Immers was until about 10 games ago and we have not long ago just paid £2mill, he certainly was not a DVP player.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Nickoblue23 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Hard to comment on a situation we know little about. He looks a shadow of the player he was last year so maybe he does have some personal issues. If that's the case were better off freeing up the wages as apparently he was one of our biggest earners. Cant see people fighting to take him off us so keeping him in the hope that we may get a fee is pointless really. We have one month to do our business not enough time to mess around. That's football, that's life add another one to the didn't work out list and move on.
Nickoblue23

Postby wez1927 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:So CITY once again make another big loss on a player and this time £2mill and who is responsible now?

I am not sure we will ever learn under the present so called professional committe ???

I think the 2 million is bullshit
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Re: " CITY PLAYER LEAVES AFTER JUST PAYING £2MILL "

Postby Nickoblue23 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Having said that the didn't work out list is becoming a mighty big stein on the clubs transfer dealings :banghead:
Nickoblue23

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:So CITY once again make another big loss on a player and this time £2mill and who is responsible now?

I think the 2 million is bullshit

I thought that at the time Wez and said it,but Wales on line put it out and work with our club, weird why they stated that as they work with the club?

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat