Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:14 am

BRIGHTON v CARDIFF CITY

Championship
Friday 30 December, 19:45
Falmer Stadium

' YOU CAN PAY CASH ON THE NIGHT :thumbright: :bluebird: '

650 Tickets Sold by Cardiff :bluebird:

:bluescarf: " UPDATED DAILY " :ayatollah:

Zohore will start again for City upfront with Lambert as sub.

Sol Bamba returns after suspension and looks certain to play in a 3-5-2 formation with Matt Connolly favourite to operate at wing-back. That is far from a natural position for Connolly, but that would allow Bamba to join Bruno Manga and captain Sean Morrison at the heart of defence.

Manga is available to play against Brighton and Villa before he flies out to join the Gabon international squad for their Africa Cup of Nations commitments.

Stuart O’Keefe is likely to take over from Whittingham in midfield at Brighton as Cardiff face one of their most difficult fixtures this season.

BRIAN MURPHY
Neil Warnock: " You’ll have to wait and see. I felt it was important to change that position and I felt it was justified. It will be a good test for him at Brighton and Villa."

NEIL WARNOCK: " Sol Bamba will be back in the squad. We were disappointed about Pelts at the time (against Brentford), I felt we would’ve won the game if he wasn’t injured. We need a utility player in January. We need more choice on the bench.
Whitts has got a slight calf strain. Whether we’ll risk him i’m not sure, same with Peltier. We’ll have to make decisions with those two."

29/12/16

Injury blow for Brighton ahead of tomorrow’s clash as Seb Pocognoli remains sidelined.

Sol Bamba is back after his three match suspension :thumbright: :thumbright:

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock is ready to make changes when the Bluebirds travel to Brighton on Friday

500 Cardiff fans are expected to make the trip to Brighton :ayatollah: :notworthy:

You can pay on the night :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Latest News

Possible Lineups

Cardiff City

28 Murphy
2 Peltier
16 Connolly
4 Morrison
5 Ecuele Manga
3 Bennett
17 Gunnarsson
7 Whittingham
8 Ralls
26 Zohore
33 Hoilett

Brighton

3 Stockdale
2 Bruno
22 Duffy
5 Dunk
3 Bong
11 Knockaert
6 Stephens
14 Sidwell
8 Skalak
17 Murray
9 Baldock

The Opposition

Brighton

Full name: Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
Nickname: The Seagulls, The Albion
Founded: 24 June 1901; 115 years ago
Ground: Falmer Stadium
Capacity: 30,750
Chairman: Tony Bloom
Manager: Chris Hughton
League: Championship

Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club is an English football club based in the coastal city of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex. It is often referred to just as Brighton. They currently play in the Football League Championship, the second tier of the English football league system, hosting games at the 30,750-capacity Falmer Stadium, known for commercial purposes as the American Express Community Stadium, or simply the Amex.

The team is nicknamed the "Seagulls" or "Albion". The team has historically played in blue and white stripes, though this changed to all white briefly in the 1970s and again to plain blue during the club's most successful spell in the 1980s. Crystal Palace is considered the club's main rival, although the grounds are 40 miles apart.

Founded in 1901, Brighton played their early professional football in the Southern League before being elected to the Football League in 1920. The club enjoyed greatest prominence between 1979 and 1983 when they played in the First Division and reached the 1983 FA Cup Final, losing to Manchester United after a replay. They were relegated from the top division in the same season. Mismanagement brought Brighton close to relegation from the Football League to the Conference which they narrowly avoided in 1997 and 1998. A boardroom takeover saved Brighton from liquidation, and following successive promotions they returned to the second tier of English football in 2002 and have played in the second and third tiers ever since.

2016/17 Results

Cardiff

SAT 27 DEC 2016- CHAMPIONSHIP Brentford 2-2 Cardiff City
SAT 17 DEC 2016 - CHAMPIONSHIP Cardiff 3 - 4 Barnsley
TUE 13 DEC 2016 - CHAMPIONSHIP Cardiff 2 - 1 Wolves
SAT 10 DEC 2016 - CHAMPIONSHIP Ipswich Town 1 - 1 Cardiff City
SAT 3 DEC 2016 - CHAMPIONSHIP Cardiff City 0 - 0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton

Tuesday 27th December 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP Brighton 3 QPR 0
Saturday 17th December 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP Birmingham 1-2 Brighton
Tuesday 13th December 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP Blackburn 2-3 Brighton
Friday 9th December 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP Brighton 2-0 Leeds
Saturday 3rd December 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP Cardiff 0-0 Brighton

Recent meetings

2016/2017 Sat 03 Dec Cardiff City 0 - 0 Brighton & Hove Albion League
2015/2016 Sat 20 Feb Cardiff City 4 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion League
2015/2016 Sat 03 Oct Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Cardiff City League
2014/2015 Tue 10 Feb Cardiff City 0 - 0 Brighton & Hove Albion League
2014/2015 Tue 30 Sep Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Cardiff City League

Previous Highlights

Match Odds

Cardiff 5/1
Draw 3/1
Brighton 1/2

The Amex

Key facts

Club: Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Opening: 2011
Capacity: 30,500 seats

History and description

The Amex, officially called the American Express Community Stadium and also referred to as Falmer Stadium, officially opened on the 30th of July 2011 with a friendly match between Brighton and Tottenham Hotspur (2-3).

Brighton had been planning the construction of a new stadium from as early as 1995 after former chairman Bill Archer had sold their Goldstone Ground to property developers.

When Brighton became homeless they first ground-shared with Gillingham for two seasons, and then moved to the Withdean Stadium, an athletics stadium in Brighton that, though it was upgraded, lacked the modern facilities for League football.

In the end it took Brighton until 2007 to get planning permission due to various legal challenges. Building works subsequently began in 2008 and in 2010 the club confirmed a naming rights sponsorship deal with American Express.

The Amex was designed to allow for an easy capacity increase to 30,000 seats, and already in December 2011 the club started planning for expansion.

Brighton received planning permission in early 2012 and an extra 5,000 seats were added before the start of the 2012-13 season by creating a second tier on the East Stand and closing the corners of the South Sand. Brighton added an additional 3,000 seats in early 2013 to bring capacity to 30,500 seats.

Tickets

Fri. 30th December 2016. KO: 7:45pm

Available to current Season Ticket Holders and Gold / Junior Bluebird Members only

General Ticket Prices:
Adults: £25.00
Senior Citizens Over 65: £20.00
Under 21: £20.00
Under 18: £10.00
Under 10: £5.00

Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCS Ticket Office situated in the Grandstand, next to Corporate Entrance 2.

Alternatively, you can call the Stadium Ticket Office on 0845 345 1400. The Ticket Office is open from 9am to 5:30pm on Monday to Friday, and 9am to 3pm on non match-day Saturdays.

The easiest way is to book online - http://www.eticketing.co.uk/cardiffcity

Guess the Score / Attendance
Post your predicted score/attendance below

Re: ' GUESS THE SCORE: BRIGHTON v CARDIFF CITY ' UPDATED DAI

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:19 am

2-1 City Zohore to get another. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:07 am

We will conced three and maybe score one.

Have a safe trip all bluebirds travelling to the game.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:13 am

Think we will win this 2-1,do a job on them.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:22 am

Based on recent form I think we will have a good go but.... :ayatollah:

We will lead 1.0 but eventualy lose 2.1 with a goal scored at the death! :cry:

Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:45 am

Brighton 3 Cardiff City 1

Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:45 am

250 Cardiff fans are expected to make the trip to Brighton :ayatollah: :notworthy:

You can pay on the night :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:07 pm

We can't keep a clean sheet Brighton expected to score a few so I will go for our first clean sheet in 23 and us to win 1/2 -0 Morrison and Hoilett to score

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Brighton 4-1 Cardiff. :(

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:11 pm

' TODAY '
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:We can't keep a clean sheet Brighton expected to score a few so I will go for our first clean sheet in 23 and us to win 1/2 -0 Morrison and Hoilett to score

We kept a clean sheet against Brighton a few weeks ago Karl but I think we will lose this one 3-0

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 pm

1-1 will do for me :thumbup:

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:We can't keep a clean sheet Brighton expected to score a few so I will go for our first clean sheet in 23 and us to win 1/2 -0 Morrison and Hoilett to score

We kept a clean sheet against Brighton a few weeks ago Karl but I think we will lose this one 3-0

Got a good feeling about this one so who knows!!!

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:30 pm

3 nil with warnock slamming his players sgsin

Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:20 pm

MATCH PREVIEW | BRIGHTON vs CARDIFF CITY

Cardiff City travel south to take on league leaders Brighton and Hove Albion on Friday 30th December, in the Bluebirds’ final match of 2016.

THE OPPOSITION

Brighton welcome the Bluebirds to Sussex looking to continue a terrific seventeen-match unbeaten run in the League, which has seen them avoid defeat since a 2-0 home loss to Brentford in early September.

City battled to a 0-0 draw with Chris Hughton’s men at the beginning of December, with the Seagulls winning all of their four matches since. Victories over Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City preceded a 3-0 win over Queens Park Rangers last time out. The Seagulls ran out winners over the Rs at the Amex with goals from Sam Baldock, Glenn Murray and Anthony Knockaert. That result saw Brighton ascend to the top of the table following Newcastle’s defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing Day.

Thirty-three year old forward, Glenn Murray, now has fifteen goals for the season, making him the Championship’s second top scorer after Newcastle’s Dwight Gayle.

CLUB CONNECTIONS

City full back, Joe Bennett, spent a season on loan at the Amex during the 2014/15 Championship campaign. The defender made over forty appearances for the Seagulls, scoring one goal against Rotherham United.

Another man who could feature against his former side is Craig Noone, who has been plying his trade in South Wales since arriving from Brighton at the beginning of the 2012/13 season. After a dream City debut against Wolverhampton Wanderers, the winger went on to play a key role in City’s Championship winning campaign that year.

Friday's match will see City again go up against former Head Coach, Paul Trollope, who was named Brighton's Assistant Manager in late November. Meanwhile, other players to have represented both clubs include Johnny Robinson, Charlie Oatway. Craig Conway and Alex Revell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' LATEST NEWS: BRIGHTON v CARDIFF CITY ' UPDATED DAILY

Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Neil Warnock vows to drop Cardiff underperformers at Brighton

BBC

28th December 2016

Cardiff City have only kept two clean-sheets this season and one of those came against their next opponents, Brighton, in the Welsh capital on 3 December

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock is ready to make changes when the Bluebirds travel to Brighton on Friday.

After his team again conceded late to draw at Brentford on Boxing Day, Warnock accused some of his players of lacking "desire".

"I can't pick anyone who is going to drift in that game because Brighton are a good side," said Warnock.

Warnock has been frustrated by his side's inability to see out games when they are in winning positions.

At Brentford on Boxing Day, Cardiff looked to have secured all three points when Kenneth Zohore scored on 89 minutes.

But the Bluebirds again crumbled in added-time as Sullay Kaikai grabbed his second goal to level.

It had been a similar story in Cardiff's previous outing, where they had fought back from behind in the Welsh capital only to see Barnsley score a late winner.

Cardiff face a Brighton side who sit top of the Championship following their defeat of QPR and Newcastle's reverse by Sheffield Wednesday.

Warnock said: "We have to stand up and be counted. It's good to be going down there. They are as good a team in the league as there is."

Despite the changes he decides to make, Warnock could be without midfielder Peter Whittingham.

Whittingham, who will have been at Cardiff for a decade on 11 January, opened the scoring from the penalty spot at Brentford, but was taken off at half-time with a hamstring problem.

Warnock added: "He felt a little bit tight and he'd been booked as well so we thought we would be a little bit careful with him and we made the substitution."

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 am

Vince has now three coaches, not all full,so you can book on them :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:06 am

Sol Bamba is back after his three match suspension :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Brighton

Injury blow for Brighton ahead of tomorrow’s clash as Seb Pocognoli remains sidelined.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:11 pm

More on injuries and suspensions

NEIL WARNOCK: " Sol Bamba will be back in the squad. We were disappointed about Pelts at the time (against Brentford), I felt we would’ve won the game if he wasn’t injured. We need a utility player in January. We need more choice on the bench.
Whitts has got a slight calf strain. Whether we’ll risk him i’m not sure, same with Peltier. We’ll have to make decisions with those two."

"Whoever’s out there I’m sure we’ll get them ready."

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:14 pm

BRIAN MURPHY

Neil Warnock: " You’ll have to wait and see. I felt it was important to change that position and I felt it was justified. It will be a good test for him at Brighton and Villa."

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Decided f*ck it, got a hostel for £9 yesterday and just picked up a ticket. Love this trip

Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:08 pm

The best all round team?

Neil Warnock:

"Brighton are the best team all-round. I think Newcastle have got the biggest squad and more individuals but I think Brighton is the best team. Right back captain (Bruno) is fantastic."

"They’ve got choice in midfield and then up front they’ve got Glenn Murray. Probably my biggest mistake at Palace was letting him go. We had a laugh about that when we played a few weeks ago!"

"I think Chris Hughton will buy another top striker in January. I think he needs something a little bit different as well.
I say that because one of our targets they’re after as well."

Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:36 pm

23000+ tickets already sold for this one.(incVilla)

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Brighton are missing left-back Seb Pocognoli for Cardiff's visit to the south coast.

Pocognoli, who is on loan from West Brom, continues to be ruled out with the unspecified injury that prevented him from playing in the 3-0 victory over QPR.

The fixture has come too early for Beram Kayal as he recovers from ankle surgery, but the home clash with MK Dons on January 7 has been pencilled in for his comeback.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 pm

I got 33/1 for a 2-0 win for City, probably a waste of £10 but you never know... :bluebird:

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:38 am

We'll miss Whitts and Pelts, out injured, but having Bamba back is a bonus even though Bruno has played very well. It's going to be defending in depth and playing on the break, with Hoilett and Zohore hoping to snatch one. Ralls is fine on set pieces, but we depend on Whitts.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:53 am

Sol Bamba returns after suspension and looks certain to play in a 3-5-2 formation with Matt Connolly favourite to operate at wing-back. That is far from a natural position for Connolly, but that would allow Bamba to join Bruno Manga and captain Sean Morrison at the heart of defence.

Manga is available to play against Brighton and Villa before he flies out to join the Gabon international squad for their Africa Cup of Nations commitments.

Stuart O’Keefe is likely to take over from Whittingham in midfield at Brighton as Cardiff face one of their most difficult fixtures this season.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Just heard we've sold about 600, which if true isn't bad considering

Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Bad fog in London today and all over the south east.
So any drivers going to Brighton tonight (leave now) give yourself more time to travel, especially when it gets dark.
There will be lots of black ice about too.

I'm sure the heat of the lights and the warmth of the crowd will mean the game is on, but it does remind me of a terrible visit to Vicarage Road a few years ago.

Fog obscured a lot of the horrors going on at the other end as we conceded 4 goals in the 4-1 defeat on December 28, 2010 .
It was most embarrassing though for Lee Naylor who go roasted and was bad enough to be subbed after just 35mins. His confidence was shot, and he just wasn't very good.