Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff High Court claim for £10 million against Malky +

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:59 am

' THE SCOTSMAN '

Thursday 15th December 2016

Malky Mackay court battle Malky Mackay is at the centre of a £10 million claim for damages, with Cardiff City pursuing a claim of “dishonest conspiracy” against their former manager Mackay, ex-director of football Iain Moody and three agents.

The claims surround the transfers of two players, Steven Caulker and Peter Odemwingie, for fees of £8.5m and £2.5m, respectively.

The High Court will decide today if the case is to be held in public or private. Mackay is set to be named the SFA’s new performance director this afternoon.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:32 am

BlueGog wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
lyndipops wrote:The timing of this intrigues me. I cant help thinking that Tan has seriously got a chip on his shoulder here and was waiting for the best time to drop this on Malky. It makes you wonder what else he may have up his sleeve to drop on him! :?

Tan is obsessed with Malky and is bringing our club down at the same time :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tan, knows Malky will struggle with costs for this,whilst City will pay all the costs if Malky wins.

Tan just won't leave Malky alone,a pity Tan did not put this much effort in to our club and we would prob not be in the mess we are today.

Annis you need to wake up read the article, the club have been ripped off and still you defend Malky and moody your hatred of tan is definitely clouding your judgement,when are you going to back the club ? There's agents getting paid who are not even involved in any deals it bloody stinks

Wez, Where does it say Malky is guilty?
You've hung him even before the case has begun.
Are you not fed up of this week in week out, there is always something with Tan, Why can't it just be about our football in the pitch.

Tan 100% has brought this case, not Cardiff City as Tan has full control and No one else has a say.

I totally agree with Wez on this one. If this case means cleaning the game of the crooked agents, managers etc then surely it's a good thing. If Tan wins this case then Cardiff will be looked upon as the club that helped clean the game. Tan has the guts to do it.
This why he won't give recent managers serious transfer money to spend. It's a case of 'once bitten twice shy.'
I believe this case is a lot bigger than Tan and Malky, this could have big implications on future transfer dealings and, if won, clean up the game.

I agree with this outright. Some people on here still like to have a go at Tan but its the other clown that messed with the wrong man! Well done VT in my opinion

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:32 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Its f*cking Tan again,he just fucks me of :evil:

utter nonsense. Malky got caught and messed with the wrong guy end of..... Hes the idiot not Tan. Tan is running this club properly now

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:35 am

The case is and has been on going its only news worthy when Malkie is inline for a new job

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
lyndipops wrote:The timing of this intrigues me. I cant help thinking that Tan has seriously got a chip on his shoulder here and was waiting for the best time to drop this on Malky. It makes you wonder what else he may have up his sleeve to drop on him! :?

Tan is obsessed with Malky and is bringing our club down at the same time :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tan, knows Malky will struggle with costs for this,whilst City will pay all the costs if Malky wins.

Tan just won't leave Malky alone,a pity Tan did not put this much effort in to our club and we would prob not be in the mess we are today.

Annis you need to wake up read the article, the club have been ripped off and still you defend Malky and moody your hatred of tan is definitely clouding your judgement,when are you going to back the club ? There's agents getting paid who are not even involved in any deals it bloody stinks

Wez, Where does it say Malky is guilty?
You've hung him even before the case has begun.
Are you not fed up of this week in week out, there is always something with Tan, Why can't it just be about our football in the pitch.

Tan 100% has brought this case, not Cardiff City as Tan has full control and No one else has a say.

How is this week in week out we've known about this court case for a while city have held back payments to these agents this has been going on well before sfa decided to employ milky ,so if it was your money you wouldn't want to recover it ? Come on annis if there is any wrong doing the club are in there rights to try and recover it were not talking about a couple of pounds it's millions

I am no fan of Tan or Malky, but what I find interesting is that Tan wants this hearing to be public, so that all City fans will be able to see exactly what went on. The other side wants everything to be heard behind closed doors. I think the paying fans would like to know once and for all if they have been ripped off, and if there is nothing to hide why not allow the case to be heard in public?

Steve, On this I would like it public as well :thumbright:

I am not sticking up for Agents as in my opinion many many are corrupt.

These agents are getting g away with murder

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 am

RYANBLUE wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Its f*cking Tan again,he just fucks me of :evil:

utter nonsense. Malky got caught and messed with the wrong guy end of..... Hes the idiot not Tan. Tan is running this club properly now

Agreed. Look nobody has won or lost this case but if the court find in Tan's favour it's clearly Malky who has "fucked us off" not Tan.

It's no admission of guilt but Malky withdrew from during the club and avoided that hearing being public and now it's the same story.

Let's hope it is in public so we can make our own minds up.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:52 am

I applaud the club on this as its about time someone got stuck into these agents and any dodgy deals, As for Mackay and Moody IF they are clean then they need not concern themselves but IF they are involved they need to worry.
Suppose there will be collateral damage along the way and that is why these agents want it behind closed doors as I think huge can of worms will be opened here and fair play to the man/club who does it.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:57 am

Everybody at Cardiff City called him Milky this could be just the beginning.

If he's done nothing wrong like hand in the till, then he will get off and good luck to him.

On the other hand if he has done wrong and taken whatever amounts of money out of our club, let's be honest stealing then he should be made to pay.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:11 am

From Facebook

Neil Courtney
Tan is a disease !

Tony Webber
get rid of him

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:15 am

What the f*ck! Every time Malky gets offered a job, there are more accusations from the club. Is tan going to hound him for the rest of his life?

Why can't we just let this go and move on?

At this rate Tan's going to spend more money on this than whatever the amount he thinks Malky swindled him out of

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:18 am

I was a massive fan and will always hold him in high regard for how he changed this club, however I will not let that blind me and if Malky Moody and the agents were ripping off the club then it is only right if the club have the evidence they should pursue legal action.

There isn't one man on here who if he thought he was ripped off to the tune of £10 million would not seek some sort of payback.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:19 am

I think Vinny is doing a service to football and football fans who pay extraordinary ticket prices to pay for all these practices.

Deception and potential fraud are biggies. Where that money ended up will be interesting, if it was not illegal, was it declared ? You don't mess with HMRC as we know well.

I don't think this is about the money, Vinny has declared he is giving 50% of his wealth away, this is about the truth behind the practices of football.

It will be an interesting ride

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:19 am

Don't be led astray by poor journalism. This is Vincent Tan /Cardiff City Vs Agents. The fact that Malky and Moody are named in the court papers gives license for the news companies to sensationalise it.

The reason they want it to go public is to hopefully entice other clubs to follow suit and help build a bigger and stronger case against corrupt agents in the game. In the same way that one man coming forward about the youth system pedophile problem, grew massively within weeks.

If it is successful Vincent Tan will be a hero within the sport.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:29 am

grange_end1927 wrote:What the f*ck! Every time Malky gets offered a job, there are more accusations from the club. Is tan going to hound him for the rest of his life?

Why can't we just let this go and move on?

At this rate Tan's going to spend more money on this than whatever the amount he thinks Malky swindled him out of

This court case has been going on for past year it's nothing to do with Malky's new job

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:From Facebook

Neil Courtney
Tan is a disease !

Tony Webber
get rid of him

Annis your looking a bit daft posting these Facebook quotes your hatred of tan and your vendetta is a bit sad ,you moan about the debt and monies but when the club are trying to get money back you have a go you can't have it both ways

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:33 am

wez1927 wrote:

Neil Courtney
Tan is a disease !

Tony Webber
get rid of him

Annis your looking a bit daft posting these Facebook quotes your hatred of tan and your vendetta is a bit sad ,you moan about the debt and monies but when the club are trying to get money back you have a go you can't have it both ways

I agree we can't moan about the club debt and then shoot downTan for trying to recoup £10 million.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:42 am

wez1927 wrote:

Neil Courtney
Tan is a disease !

Tony Webber
get rid of him

How am I Wez?

Their real names are there and on many many topics,Ive put out on FB,I put every persons reply on here.
Maybe you don't like other persons opinions if they don't suit your hatred for Malky.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:51 am

From Facebook

Dave Sherwood
f*cking joke malky was our best EVER manager whilst Tan is our WORST ever owner why isn't anyone taking TAN to the high Court

Rick Smith
Like a dog with a bone. f**k off tan

Rhys Williams
So if these people have ripped the club off including Malky you'd be happy to let them get away with it ?

Darren Owen
Good on Vincent Tan, if I got ripped off for millions by 3rd party agents i would do the same !!

Jordan Thomas
I thought all managers should be respected by the fans and the club including the owners apparently not because Vincent tan decides to betray one of the best managers cardiff have had in wonders what 10 million is to Vincent tan anyway he was a billionaire

Anthony Jenkins
And tan has always told the truth hey ?

Ronnie Barker
Well done Vincent Tan it's about time these cheating agents got done and if Milky is involved I hope he gets done aswell

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:00 am

From Facebook

Andrew Taylor
Makes me laugh all the comments on the forum..... it is Tan v Malky.... Tan is CCFC!!
And I love the people who say Malky ripped us off, because you know the facts don't you?

Haydn Robinson
There were a few ridicules expensive signings during Malky's time and there may be evidence of dodgy dealings. We Fans just don't know so those who cast doubts on Tan should refrain from comment until the evidence is disclosed in open court. Strange that those who defend the issue did not want a public hearing. I think this could be interesting and could be the start of a massive clean up of the Transfer System.

Paul Rowley
More like Tan v Dodgy managers and agents! Read the article.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:08 am

Same horse/Different jockey-gonna be like the Brexit/middle East debates :lol: Lots of shouting and bawling,very little factual content. :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:22 am

Vincent Tann has every right to take Malky, Moody and the agents to court and if he wins then it must surely benefit Cardiff City fc and football in general.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 am

llan bluebird wrote:I think Vinny is doing a service to football and football fans who pay extraordinary ticket prices to pay for all these practices.

Deception and potential fraud are biggies. Where that money ended up will be interesting, if it was not illegal, was it declared ? You don't mess with HMRC as we know well.

I don't think this is about the money, Vinny has declared he is giving 50% of his wealth away, this is about the truth behind the practices of football.

This is an excellent post and reflects my view.

The real story here is how Agents operate in football. How can it be justified that someone gets paid £700,000 for doing no work? The whole agent structure is a manufactured industry which 70% of the time serves no purpose other than to line the pockets of super rich agents.

They need to be brought down and the whole industry reset and we can start by them earning a wage which represents the work they ACTUALLY do and not fabricated paperwork which is designed to suck money out of football.

Malky and Moody are IMO probably guilty of gross incompetence and were fooled by sharks who were much sharper than they were. Whether that is enough for them to be held liable is debatable but certainly those Agents should be pursued and if any wrong doing is proved then they should repay every penny.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:32 am

wez1927 wrote:

Neil Courtney
Tan is a disease !

Tony Webber
get rid of him

Sorry Annis but Wez makes a great point and IMO is completely right.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:38 am

I thought it was going to be about the Cornelius deal. £8m for him WAS criminal!

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I think Vinny is doing a service to football and football fans who pay extraordinary ticket prices to pay for all these practices.

This is an excellent post and reflects my view.

The real story here is how Agents operate in football. How can it be justified that someone gets paid £700,000 for doing no work? The whole agent structure is a manufactured industry which 70% of the time serves no purpose other than to line the pockets of super rich agents.

They need to be brought down and the whole industry reset and we can start by them earning a wage which represents the work they ACTUALLY do and not fabricated paperwork which is designed to suck money out of football.

Malky and Moody are IMO probably guilty of gross incompetence and were fooled by sharks who were much sharper than they were. Whether that is enough for them to be held liable is debatable but certainly those Agents should be pursued and if any wrong doing is proved then they should repay every penny.

Bang on boys,This is not about Tan vs Malky its much bigger.I'll bet theres a lot of agents up and down Europe right now hoping desperately that this is all heared behind closed doors as the defense are currently petitioning for.If it is done out in the open then I think it will have the same snowballing effect as the sex abuse in football inquiry.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:48 am

If the club has had money taken from it by agents, managers or anyone else I expect our owner/board to fight tooth and nail to identify these crooks and try and get money back. 100% fact the High Court would not only have a date set months ago but they wouldn't even entertain listening too the case if there wasn't any evidence suggesting some wrong doing has occurred.

I completely understand that life long supporters have been hurt by the rebrand, so was I, but we need to pull together now. If someone took £10 from your mother you would leave no stone unturned to find who done it. I expect the same principal if someone is stealing from the club I love and I can't understand any city supporter not wanting the same.

It's completely wrong to say this is week in week out, in fact I find this as a positive that's someone is willing to fight for us, and the positives which are flowing from our club at the moment

1) we have changed back to blue
2) the seats in the stand are being changed back from blue to red
3) we sign Rickie Lambert I for one laughed at this when its first suggested
4) We appoint Neil Warnock, never thought would happen
5) Cheap season tickets
6) Another 8 million of the debt
7) Sign Junior Holliet
8) and only yesterday Craig Bellamy gets appointed to the coaching team, when I didn't think he would work under Tan

The club are doing an awful lot of things right at the moment let's concerntrate and support that. What ever will be will be with the court case let's not let this effect the turnaround of our club and season.

Annis I don't know you personally but it saddens me everytime I read your updates how hurt you have been, I can actually feel your pain, while I read them.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:01 pm

If Malky has done something wrong then it just shows what he really thought of the club and supporters!

Good spin doctor if you ask me if he has?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Dave Sherwood
f*cking joke malky was our best EVER manager whilst Tan is our WORST ever owner why isn't anyone taking TAN to the high Court

Rick Smith
Like a dog with a bone. f**k off tan

Rhys Williams
So if these people have ripped the club off including Malky you'd be happy to let them get away with it ?

Darren Owen
Good on Vincent Tan, if I got ripped off for millions by 3rd party agents i would do the same !!

Jordan Thomas
I thought all managers should be respected by the fans and the club including the owners apparently not because Vincent tan decides to betray one of the best managers cardiff have had in wonders what 10 million is to Vincent tan anyway he was a billionaire

Anthony Jenkins
And tan has always told the truth hey ?

Ronnie Barker
Well done Vincent Tan it's about time these cheating agents got done and if Milky is involved I hope he gets done aswell

I tell you what, for the 15 or so that still hold every single gripe against Tan, and look for anything to bump their gums, why don't they form a contingency and stump up a million a month to keep us above water, cover wages etc and then we wont argue. Otherwise, time to put that saga to bed now ffs. If Tan wants to recoup £10m of cash crack on. He is the owner of our club and lets face it is doing a good job of running it in the green zones these days

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:32 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I thought it was going to be about the Cornelius deal. £8m for him WAS criminal!

pretty sure thats where the investigation started.but knowing something stinks and proving it in a court of law are different things. it says 8 transfers have been investigated the 2 being mentioned are obviously the 2 that Tans team feel are the strongest cases. along the way of course Tan gave Malky opportunity to resign, then sacked him. Malky took out an unfair dismissal case against the club then dropped it and of course the investigation uncovered the texts.

we all must wait and see

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:32 pm

spot on. which is what I was trying to say in earlier post in this thread but this is put better :thumbup: